report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2007, 05:32 AM
Wake up People!

Re: D.C. Metro Area - Has anyone heard of Metro Dream Homes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardknocklife
I Said It Before "its A Hard Knock Life" Maybe This Will Help Answer Some Questions . No More Dream Homes .im Sure This Was Agreed Upon To Stop The C&d Order In Md , And Va And So There Can Be No More New Customers.
I Guess The Question Now Is Can Everyone Left In The Program Get Thier Homes Paid And The Rest Get Their Refunds. Stay Tuned No Matter What "its A Hard Knock Life When It Comes To Investing. Thank Everyone For Their Input, But Now Its Time To Move On.
Yeah, I finally agree with you Hardknock. Let's wait for 2010 to start seeing those mortgages getting paid off. Until then we will never know if this was a scam or not. I guess we'll just sit back and watch from the sidelines. Until then, this is for all of you die hard MDH supporters, HardKnock, Naledge, Tell_it_like and the others;
Not A Sermon Just A Thought Keep It Real And Stop Trying To Sway Us All. Take Care And B~Safe, Out There, OK!!!! ;>) !!!" :rolleyes:

Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvebeencrackedindahead
Yeah, I finally agree with you Hardknock. Let's wait for 2010 to start seeing those mortgages getting paid off. Until then we will never know if this was a scam or not. I guess we'll just sit back and watch from the sidelines. Until then, this is for all of you die hard MDH supporters, HardKnock, Naledge, Tell_it_like and the others;
Not A Sermon Just A Thought Keep It Real And Stop Trying To Sway Us All. Take Care And B~Safe, Out There, OK!!!! ;>) !!!" :rolleyes:
What do you call "it" when refunds are not being given amicably, mortgages are not being paid (see previous posts), homes are being appraised $50 - $100,000 above the market price (see WP article) when the housing market is taking a dip, the principal has a prior history of engaging in the same illegal activity,the MD Attorney General filed a lawsuit against MDH and its principals for not registering as a securities company, MDH is registered on DNB as a Mobile Home's dealer (MHD not MDH) w/a $360, 000 annual income, MDH has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB, the principal invokes the name of God and refers to himself as MLK to attract members, the principal compares car loans to home loans (apples to oranges), MDH is surreptitious about the nature of its business and kicked a reporter out of one of their seminars, no financial data has been given to any of its members, and last of all, they can't even maintain a website. With no new business they will not be able to sustain financial profits to achieve the year "2010". I will go out on a limb and say they will not be able to sustain profits into 2008. Do the math: see Ralphmalphs posts. Any non payment of a mortgage (even one) is a breach of contract, and therefore a "SCAM"!

Last edited by Rey19 : 08-31-2007 at 07:35 AM.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Newbie Member

md is on a tear, check out www.fceinvestments.com

Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey19
What do you call "it" when refunds are not being given amicably, mortgages are not being paid (see previous posts), homes are being appraised $50 - $100,000 above the market price (see WP article) when the housing market is taking a dip, the principal has a prior history of engaging in the same illegal activity,the MD Attorney General filed a lawsuit against MDH and its principals for not registering as a securities company, they are registered on DNB as a Mobile Home's dealer w/a $360, 000 annual income, MDH has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB, the principal invokes the name of God and refers to himself as MLK to attract members, the principal compares car loans to home loans (apples to oranges), MDH is surreptitious about the nature of its business and kicked a reporter out of one of their seminars, no financial data has been given to any of its members, and last of all, they can't even maintain a website. With no new business they will not be able to sustain financial profits to achieve the year "2010". I will go out on a limb and say they will not be able to sustain profits into 2008. Do the math: see Ralphmalphs posts. Any non payment of a mortgage (even one) is a breach of contract, and therefore a "SCAM".
rey check on this thread is not a lawsuit, give it up talking about mdh, the decisions have been made, no ones going to jail and people are going to get refunds and the rest are in the wait and see mode. all of your arguments are mostly correct. but until a mortgage doesnt get paid (some have not , but 95% have been)
or you see information that the company is shuting down you'll be waiting to see what happends like to rest of us. remember the order said no new business not out of business. if you want to see how rough maryland really can be go to www.fceinvestments.com the state froze his accounts and seized 3 million dollars. mdh accounts were not frozen just no new business good luck rey 19 just wait and see like the rest of us. if you believe its a scam i respect your opinion peace out

Old 08-31-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardknocklife
rey check on this thread is not a lawsuit, give it up talking about mdh, the decisions have been made, no ones going to jail and people are going to get refunds and the rest are in the wait and see mode. all of your arguments are mostly correct. but until a mortgage doesnt get paid (some have not , but 95% have been)
or you see information that the company is shuting down you'll be waiting to see what happends like to rest of us. remember the order said no new business not out of business. if you want to see how rough maryland really can be go to www.fceinvestments.com the state froze his accounts and seized 3 million dollars. mdh accounts were not frozen just no new business good luck rey 19 just wait and see like the rest of us. if you believe its a scam i respect your opinion peace out
Hardknocklife, I respect your opinion. However, it is too early in the game to say "no one is going to jail". Remember, Mr. Williams must be held accountable for violating a previous order in 2001: prohibited from operating a securities company in MD. Anyway, the purpose of this forum is dessiminate info so no one else will fall for this kind of scam. In regards to Mr. Williams, MDH, and its principals being indicted and convicted in a court of law. That is for a legal system to decide. I believe Mr. Williams is an egomaniac who saw himself as the savior for the black community. Was his actions initially to be deceptive with the intent to harm; or was he just a bad businessman? Such as Joy Jackson. Only God knows. The saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" - sums it up. Peace...

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Press/2007/081507.htm

Last edited by Rey19 : 08-31-2007 at 08:37 AM.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Hardknocklife, I respect your opinion. However, it is too early in the game to say "no one is going to jail". Remember, Mr. Williams must be held accountable for violating a previous order in 2001: prohibited from operating a securities company in MD. Anyway, the purpose of this forum is dessiminate info so no one else will fall for this kind of scam. In regards to Mr. Williams, MDH, and its principals being indicted and convicted in a court of law. That is for a legal system to decide. I believe Mr. Williams is an egomaniac who saw himself as the savior for the black community. Was his actions initially to be deceptive with the intent to harm; or was he just a bad businessman? Such as Joy Jackson. Only God knows. The saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" - sums it up. Peace...

I agree with Ray19. The “decision” to stop taking in new homes as of Sept 30 was made up by MDH. “Metropolitan Grapevine, LLC will no longer offer the Dream Home program effective September 30th 2007”. This is clearly against the current C&D order. The MD AG didn’t say… (Oh by the way you can continue to scam for one more month….but that’s it.)

It is my understanding that the only way out of the C&D order is: A. It is rescinded (which it was NOT). B. You consent (which they have not) C. The C&D order becomes permanent (which I believe it has not.). MDH continues to make this up (getting further into trouble).

Also, this clearly violates the new VA Restraining order. It states:
“The division asks that the companies and officers be prohibited from offering and selling securities for 190 days to give the SCC time to decide if they should be stopped permanently from selling securities in Virginia.”

“Company officials had 14 days to respond.”

This motion was filed earlier this week, it doesn’t say you need to give the money back and everything is OK.
Now it does say that they can continue operations, but NOT selling the securities (the “Dream Home”). So where do they get the notion that they can do this for 30 more days??? (It’s all in their own little heads and feeds the fantasy in which they live).

Furthermore, there was an internal memo circulating yesterday that said that the VA SCC was contacting EVERYONE in VA that was in this program. Records were requested from MDH. They will be asking each person their thoughts on the program and to see if they were really aware of what they were getting themselves into. The memo stated, if a customer contacts you, explain to them the process and to tell the SCC that they knew what they were doing. Sounds legal to me…

The SCC gave them selves 190 days for the investigation (although they said they could change that time, sooner or later).

NO need to keep rehashing the same thing (I agree). However, as Rey19 indicated, the MD AG is not just going to roll over and let them “live happily ever after”, especially given the fact that Mr. Williams violated the first sanction of 2001.

This is far from over.

Here is today’s article, tick, tick, tick.. (PS: same song and dance…this is unconstitutional..)
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...8312007/313265

Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Newbie Member

According the article in this post, it stated that MDH had until 30 August 2007 to file for a hearing. I wonder what's the status of that, has anyone heard anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Kool_Aid
Thanks to all for your help. My turn to contribute.

New story, they have until Aug. 30.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v...ryID=5845&on=1

It's just a shame that so many will be hurt, I am sadden. As the end gets near, I will contribute more.

PS: Homes in the program are in several states, NY, NC, GA, CA, DC, VA. Also there is a pending proceeding with VA SCC initiated May 31 (fact).

PPS: Mr. Willams did not mean to be a scam, he is just retarded.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Newbie Member

Now begins the slow bleed process, some will get their mortgages paid and then all the resources will dry up....It's devistating...how sad. Andy Williams and all his croonies need to be jailed for the amount of sadness he's about to bestow on everyone doing business with this man.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imalert
According the article in this post, it stated that MDH had until 30 August 2007 to file for a hearing. I wonder what's the status of that, has anyone heard anything else?
I have not heard, will find out. However mr. Williams is scheudled to have a live broadcast at 1:00 PM EST today, Friday, Aug 31. Here is the link.

http://www.helloworld.com/root.ifram...inessSolutions

Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Newbie Member

that says nothing is scheduled

Old 09-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Newbie Member

check this out:

http://metrodreamhomeofwaldorf.com/

Old 09-01-2007, 03:31 AM

Any news on the broadcast? What did Mr. Williams have to say?

Old 09-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Newbie Member

"Originally Posted by Imalert
According the article in this post, it stated that MDH had until 30 August 2007 to file for a hearing. I wonder what's the status of that, has anyone heard anything else?"

OK boys and girl, here is the skinny... They have a new lawywer and they asked for an extension until September 10. However, all of you that have been taken in are messing up. In their response they claim that NO ONE has claimed FRAUD and NO ONE has claimed a BREACH OF CONTRACT with the AG (hello people!!!).

As previously posted, all of you affected should contac the AG office (like right now). They made a pretty good argument that how can the public be in danger if no one is complaining.

Instead of posting the next blog, write or call the AG and tell them about your experience and apprehention (I am not telling you what to say, just tell the truth). I read the response and this lawyer is really slick and if the affected are not heard form...you can kiss it all goodbye. Everyone walks free and in a few monts...no mortgage payment, no house...

Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
"Originally Posted by Imalert
According the article in this post, it stated that MDH had until 30 August 2007 to file for a hearing. I wonder what's the status of that, has anyone heard anything else?"

OK boys and girl, here is the skinny... They have a new lawywer and they asked for an extension until September 10. However, all of you that have been taken in are messing up. In their response they claim that NO ONE has claimed FRAUD and NO ONE has claimed a BREACH OF CONTRACT with the AG (hello people!!!).

As previously posted, all of you affected should contac the AG office (like right now). They made a pretty good argument that how can the public be in danger if no one is complaining.

Instead of posting the next blog, write or call the AG and tell them about your experience and apprehention (I am not telling you what to say, just tell the truth). I read the response and this lawyer is really slick and if the affected are not heard form...you can kiss it all goodbye. Everyone walks free and in a few monts...no mortgage payment, no house...
Oh and by the way, the new laywer's fee is $600. / hour. Of course, not problem because it's someone elses' money (YOUR money). You all should be "mad as hell...and not take it anymore".

It is estimated that this company has over a half BILLION in debt (your mortgage that needs to be paid). This will NEVER be paid, don't be a doormat, think for yourself and complain to the proper authority.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Wake up People!

Quote:
What do you call "it" when refunds are not being given amicably, mortgages are not being paid (see previous posts), homes are being appraised $50 - $100,000 above the market price (see WP article) when the housing market is taking a dip, the principal has a prior history of engaging in the same illegal activity,the MD Attorney General filed a lawsuit against MDH and its principals for not registering as a securities company, MDH is registered on DNB as a Mobile Home's dealer (MHD not MDH) w/a $360, 000 annual income, MDH has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB, the principal invokes the name of God and refers to himself as MLK to attract members, the principal compares car loans to home loans (apples to oranges), MDH is surreptitious about the nature of its business and kicked a reporter out of one of their seminars, no financial data has been given to any of its members, and last of all, they can't even maintain a website. With no new business they will not be able to sustain financial profits to achieve the year "2010". I will go out on a limb and say they will not be able to sustain profits into 2008. Do the math: see Ralphmalphs posts. Any non payment of a mortgage (even one) is a breach of contract, and therefore a "SCAM"!
:rolleyes: Hey REV, thanks for the great reply! But, I was being scarstic towards HardKnock. We've been debating this back and forth almost 2 weeks before you start posting out here (see page #1, halfway down). I know its a scam!...... it was bit deep but I'm sure everyone else caught what I was doing. Especially HardKnock, just a little joke. :rolleyes:

Quote:
This was pulled from a comment to one of the Washington Post Articles, by a guy called "aceq2020". Very distinctive typing style, which is not a very efficient way to type, but very distinctive. HardKnock types the same way on occassion. Also, someone on the Washington post comment page suggested that aceq2020, was Mr. Andrew Williams himself. So, there is a great possibility that we have Mr. Andy Williams right here in our thread posting as HardKnockLife. I told you it was a bit deep!

Before someone says.. "All jokes aside.. this is serious business".. It is serious. But at this point I think new "exciting" information and facts are going to be hard to come by. Yes, new things are going to pop up, but not at the rate they have been over the past month. Until the AG comes out and makes a final ruling we are all going to be hanging out here posting the same info over and over, but in different formats. I don't know how many times this link has been posted out here...20 times maybe.

Don't get me wrong, the sharing of information is GREAT. But, I feel like we are all just standing around, outside of the court room, waiting for the verdict!

Last edited by youvebeencrackedindahead : 09-01-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:

Furthermore, there was an internal memo circulating yesterday that said that the VA SCC was contacting EVERYONE in VA that was in this program. Records were requested from MDH. They will be asking each person their thoughts on the program and to see if they were really aware of what they were getting themselves into. The memo stated, if a customer contacts you, explain to them the process and to tell the SCC that they knew what they were doing. Sounds legal to me…

I got this letter and extensive questionnaire in the mail from VA SCC. I will be sending it in on Monday.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Silver Member

If I were anyone in a default or foreclosure situation, I would be on the phone with my lending institution first thing Tuesday morning Alerting them to the following and requesting they work with you.

Quote:
Friday, August 31, 2007
President Bush Announces Plan To Help Families Keep Homes
The White House reports:

"Today, President Bush Announced Steps At The Federal Level To Help Homeowners In Need Of Assistance Avoid Foreclosure. These steps will help homeowners having difficulty paying their mortgages and ensure that the problems now disrupting the housing industry do not happen again. The fundamentals of America's economy are strong – economic growth is healthy, wages are rising, and unemployment is low. The markets are in a period of transition as participants are re-assessing and re-pricing risk. One area that has shown particular strain is the mortgage market, particularly the subprime sector."

Fact Sheet: New Steps to Help Homeowners Avoid Foreclosure
President Bush Announces Steps To Help American Families Keep Their Homes And Reform The Mortgage Finance System

Today, President Bush Announced Steps At The Federal Level To Help Homeowners In Need Of Assistance Avoid Foreclosure. These steps will help homeowners having difficulty paying their mortgages and ensure that the problems now disrupting the housing industry do not happen again. The fundamentals of America's economy are strong – economic growth is healthy, wages are rising, and unemployment is low. The markets are in a period of transition as participants are re-assessing and re-pricing risk. One area that has shown particular strain is the mortgage market, particularly the subprime sector.

The President Announced The Following Steps To Help American Families Keep Their Homes

1. The President Calls On Congress To Pass Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Modernization Legislation. The President's FHA modernization proposal would lower downpayment requirements, allow FHA to insure bigger loans, and give FHA more pricing flexibility. These reforms would empower FHA to reach more families that need help – first-time homebuyers, minorities, and those with low-to-moderate incomes – and offer more options to homeowners looking to refinance their existing mortgage.

The Administration Will Also Launch A New FHA Initiative Called "FHASecure." The President has asked Secretary Jackson to pursue important administrative changes to give FHA the flexibility to help more families stay in their homes during this time of transition in the mortgage market. The FHASecure program will help people who have good credit but who have not made all of their payments on time because of rising mortgage payments. For the first time, FHA will be able to offer many of these homeowners an option to refinance their existing mortgage so they can make their payments and keep their homes. FHA will also charge mortgage insurance premiums based on the individual risk of each loan, using traditional underwriting standards, so it can expand access and help even more families.

Since 1934, FHA Has Helped Close To 35 Million People Buy A Home And Stay In Their Home. FHA is a government agency that provides mortgage insurance to borrowers through a network of private sector lenders. It also offers options to homeowners looking to refinance their existing loan. The President's FHA modernization bill was first sent to the Hill in April 2006, and it passed the House last Congress with over 400 votes. The President has once again asked Congress to send him a clean FHA modernization bill as soon as possible so he can sign it into law.

2. The President Calls On Congress To Change A Key Housing Provision Of The Federal Tax Code So It Does Not Punish Families Who Are Forced To Sell Their Homes For Less Than Their Mortgage Is Worth. Current tax law counts cancelled mortgage debt on primary residences as taxable income. For example, if the value of a home declines and $20,000 of the homeowner's loan is forgiven, the tax code treats that $20,000 as taxable income. The President proposes temporary relief to ensure that cancelled mortgage debt on a primary residence is not counted as income.

The President Is Working With Congress In A Bipartisan Fashion To Make This Important Change. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), along with Senator George Voinovich (R-OH) and others, has introduced a bipartisan bill that would protect homeowners from having to pay taxes on cancelled mortgage debt. In the House, Representatives Rob Andrews (D-NJ) and Ron Lewis (R-KY), along with several of their colleagues, have introduced similar legislation. The President looks forward to working with Congress to reach agreement on a bill, so we can deliver this vital tax relief to American homeowners.

3. The President Announced That The Administration Will Launch A New Foreclosure Avoidance Initiative To Help Struggling Homeowners Find A Way To Refinance. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson will reach out to a wide variety of groups that offer foreclosure counseling and refinancing for American homeowners. These groups include community organizations like NeighborWorks, mortgage lenders and loan servicers, FHA, and Government-Sponsored Enterprises like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The goal of this initiative is to expand mortgage financing options, identify homeowners before they face hardships, help them understand their financing options, and allow them to find a mortgage product that works for them.
The President Supports Actions To Protect Homeowners And Prevent These Problems From Happening Again

Federal Banking Regulators Are Improving Disclosure Requirements To Ensure That Lenders Provide Homeowners With Complete, Accurate, And Understandable Information About Their Mortgages. Many borrowers did not receive clear and complete disclosure regarding the terms and conditions of their mortgages. To help protect homeowners in the future, Federal banking regulators recently issued new disclosure guidelines for lenders, and they continue to consider new rules. Homeowners must have complete, accurate, and understandable information – including on the potential increases in their monthly payments.

Federal Banking Regulators Are Working To Strengthen Mortgage Lending Standards. Questionable underwriting standards enabled mortgage lenders to place some borrowers in sophisticated products they could not afford. The Federal banking regulators recently set forth new guidelines to address lending standards, and they will continue to examine new rules. Lenders have an obligation to ensure that their standards accurately measure whether borrowers can afford their mortgage.

The Administration Is Working On New Rules To Help Consumers Shop For The Best Loan Terms. This fall, HUD will propose reforms to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) that would promote comparative shopping by consumers for the best loan terms, provide clearer disclosures, limit settlement cost increases, and require fee disclosure.

The Administration Supports State-Based Efforts To Create A Comprehensive Mortgage Broker Registration System. The President has also asked Secretary Paulson to examine the broad issues surrounding mortgage brokers and originators.

The Administration Is Committed To Pursuing Fraud And Wrongdoing In The Mortgage Industry. Some lenders deceived their customers – and pushed them into taking out loans they knew these home buyers could not afford. Federal agencies, such as HUD, the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, and others, are aggressively pursuing wrongdoers and predatory lenders to ensure they are punished. This will send the message that these practices will not be tolerated.

The President Will Create A Presidential Council On Financial Literacy Composed Of Leading Private Sector Individuals Who Can Help Promote Financial Literacy. This Council will work closely with the Treasury Department, HUD, and the Department of Education to make sure that we are raising awareness of these complicated issues.

The President Supports The Efforts Of Public and Private Sector Groups That Are Promoting Financial Literacy And Providing Foreclosure Counseling. For example, the President's Budget proposes $120 million for NeighborWorks, which provides foreclosure workshops and counseling to borrowers. The President's FY 2008 Budget request includes $50 million for HUD's housing counseling program.

The President Has Asked Secretary Paulson To Lead The President's Working Group On Financial Markets In Examining Some Of The Broader Market Issues Underlying The Recent Mortgage Problems. The President's Working Group on Financial Markets is led by Treasury Secretary Paulson and is composed of Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke, Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Cox, and Commodity Futures Trading Commission Acting Chairman Lukken. The group will examine:

The role of credit rating agencies and how their ratings are used in lending procedures, and
How securitization, the repackaging and selling of assets, has changed the mortgage industry and related business practices.
# # #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Return to this article at:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0070831-4.html

Video:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...31-5.wm.v.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/ec...int/index.html

Old 09-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Newbie Member

how about just taking "Logic 101"