report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2007, 02:36 AM
MLM Fuel Additive Victim

Liberty Fuels Direct SCAM

My name is Charles Bunch, and I now moderate two Yahoo Forums related to Gas Additive Scams. My first experience began back in about October 2006 with a Scam company called EcoEnergizer.

Myself and about 4 other significantly dedicated members finally got to see the owner of EcoEnergizer, Bob MOORE arrested, indicted, and currently sitting in a Virginia jail awaiting trial on fraud charges.

Meanwhile David Barberis of B&A Automotive a/k/a B&A International Inc, a/k/a Liberty Fuels Direct (www liberty fuels direct com) approached me and asked for assistance with setting up a MLM for his manufacturing operation.

Over several months David Barberis hawked his integrity and honesty, but in the end, he turned out to be a scammer too. He failed to honor written financial agreements, had offered and sold company stock for work performed but refused to deliver it, and when the company (Liberty Fuels Direct com) was launched, he began indebtedness to his distributors, most of which have never been paid one cent of commission.

I will be inviting my Yahoo members of both the EcoEnergizerComplaints Group and;
the Liberty Fuels Direct (LibertyFoolsDirect) Yahoo group to SCAM.com to assist with feeding this thread.

I also invite all interested parties at SCAM.com wishing information in either scam, but especially the NEW Liberty Fuels Direct com MLM Scam to join our Yahoo scambuster site(s). Also see www.LibertyFoolsDirect.com

Bookmark and Share

Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Liberty Fuels Direct SCAM

My name is Lloyd Olson of Port Hardy, BC Canada. I am Website Designer and was approached by David Barberos because of his Western Canadian Representative Jim Ling who knew I built sites and mentioned it to David. Mr Barberos contacted me on January 27, 2007 about doing his site
When I give a quote for a website it is based on $75 per hour and a determination of how many hours to the site. I ended up doing over 2 ½ months of very long hours doing and redoing the websites. Instead of making one website I ended up doing 5 sites. I had to rebuild the site onwith many, many changes to each sometimes these changes would be done 6 and 7 times a day. In total I put in almost 2000 hours of work which would have a normal rate of $15,000. I offered to settle for $5000 but even that was refused. I was also told my stock was forfeit. I was fired the day after the site was online and functioning.

I have learned that everything this man said was a lie.
He sold shares of his company to friends of mine and did not deliver the shares and then either refused to refund their money or simply delayed paying. He instead sent photocopies of a stock certificate which when read closely stated it was invalid unless signed by the secretary….and of course it was not signed. The secretary listed is actually his wife.

His Company was not 12 years old
The company did not do 7 million in 2006
He did not have a staff of 18
He did not have a manufacturing plant
He did not make any deal with Mohawk
There was 25 million shares not 250,000

This man got all of us to do this work with promises of valuable stocks and wonderful commissions and has not paid anyone for anything either in cash or in shares.

I would appreciate anything you can do to get my money and/or share certificates and hope you have a way to prosecute him for his actions.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:43 AM

I want to thank the people that started this thread, I was doing research on Liberty Fuels and thinking about joining them, but now with this information and the information on the Liberty Fools site, the information has helped me making a big mistake again.....I was in BioPerformance last year for a couple or weeks when they got shut down. No doubt this one will get shut down too, I see they have no LIABILITY INSURANCE either....not a good thing. Today with so many Scams out there the little time it takes to do some due dilegence can pay big dividends.....or save a lot of time and money that might go down the drain again. Bob

Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob Sterling
I want to thank the people that started this thread, I was doing research on Liberty Fuels and thinking about joining them, but now with this information and the information on the Liberty Fools site, the information has helped me making a big mistake again.....I was in BioPerformance last year for a couple or weeks when they got shut down. No doubt this one will get shut down too, I see they have no LIABILITY INSURANCE either....not a good thing. Today with so many Scams out there the little time it takes to do some due dilegence can pay big dividends.....or save a lot of time and money that might go down the drain again. Bob
Great for you Bob!

Awesome!

What did you learn from your experience?

Welcome to Direct Sales NWM!

Here's a great link for Due Diligence;

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/MLM_DUE_DILIGENCE.html

Hope that helps some.

Kerry

Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM

MLM Watchdog number one is do a google earth for the address.....yes, guess what, a home not an office or manufacturing building at 1008 Baker St. Mckinney TX....run I did....thanks Bob

Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Glad I could help.

It's a process.

Let us know...

Kerry

Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM

In case you missed this elsewhere, Bob. Here's a little something I include in some of my mailout packets. It covers some of the myths perpetuated by overzealous, and sadly, unscrupulous marketers.

Quote:

What The “Heavy Hitters” Won’t
Tell You About Network Marketing
~
10 Myths propagated in NWM

~
1. ~ Your Upline will build it for you.
(If your upline will build it, why do they need you?)
~
2. ~ 3-Way calls will enable you to recruit.
~
3. ~ The “system” will do all the work.
(If the system does all the work, why do they need you?)
~
4. ~ The Product will sell itself.
(If the product sells itself, why do they need you?)
~
5. ~ The product doesn’t matter - it’s the compensation plan!
~
6. ~ All you need is your warm market.
~
7. ~ You can make BIG BUCKS FAST!
~
8. ~ All you need are “2” people - or “3” or “5” etc…
~
9. ~ You can buy your way to Success.
(Or you don’t need ANY money!)
~
10. ~ Your NWM company is the BEST in the history of the world!?

[/b]THE ONE UNIVERSAL TRUTH ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING:

YOU - Are The Most Important Factor in Your Business.[/b]

Don't be afraid to invest in yourself. Money and time invested in Education is very well spent.

Quote:
"To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don't need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach."

— W. Clement Stone
:D Kerry

Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Thanks Kerry. NWM will work with the right company but the problem is there are so many Scams out there it is hard to determine what is legit. With new companies like this one the only thing you can do is research the People behind the company...the honesty , integrity and past performance in these areas will give you a clue....there are many great products out there but the people running the companies are scumbags....Bob

Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Absoliutely spot on Bob.

Education can and will make ALL the difference.

SCAMS are fairly easy to spot when you've put some time and effort into learning what to look for. Once you learn how to see past the "chatter" and learn to read between the lines a little, after a while, they stand out like a soar thumb.

They almost always have a tendancy to give one the impression of quick, easy, effortless, "push button" riches, & a we "do it all for you", attitude. The product "sells itself", blah, blah, blah...They usually have a language all their own.

They almost always try and appeal to the greedy, lazy, "something for nothing", crowd; that blindly jump from one "hot new deal" to another, with a lottery mentality.

Network Marketing in many ways is like a course in self-improvement that you essentially pay yourself to take. Many people don't like looking that closely at themselves and being honest enough to enable personal growth, and have a compassionate attitude at the same time. To be effective in NWM you've got to become a Leader, IF you want people to follow you for the long haul. This is far too much to ask for many people. Many would like to hide behind the illusion of quick, easy wealth, and hope to get others do the hard, "nitty gritty" work for them. JMHO

Quote:
The worst day in a man's life, is when he sits down and begins thinking about how he can get something for nothing.

~Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
The reason so few people are successful, is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill.

~W. Clement Stone
The way I see it, SCAMS sell the illusion that one can just sit down and slide uphill! :confused:

W. Clement Stone, is on the money! :D

Gratitude liberates!

Thanks!

Kerry Lee Hein

Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
MLM Fuel Additive Victim

If you own B&A International Inc., Stock, or pictures of invalid unsigned Stock Certificates, I have good news and bad news.

First the Good News:

If you bought, or were offered B&A International, Inc. Stock but now worry that because Liberty Fuels Direct is going down in flames, you may lose value in your investment, DON'T WORRY!

Liberty Fuels Direct is NOT tied to your investment. It is a "proprietorship - Unincorporated Company" and has no effect on the value or lack thereof, of your stock certificate(s) or pictures of unsigned stock certificates issued by David Barberis.

You see, on March 9, 2007, David Barberis registered "Liberty Fuels Direct" as an "ASSUMED NAME" Unincorporated Business, with the Collin County Clerk, McKinney, TX. To AVOID his name being picked up in google searches, he used his Son Jeff to file the document.

Now the BAD NEWS:

If you bought or were offered B&A International, Inc. stock with the belief that if Liberty Fuels Direct became a meaningful business enterprise, and hoped to see significant dividends from your investment, you are SOL. (**** Outta Luck). Since Liberty Fuels Direct is registered as an Unincorporated Company, and is "OWNED BY" Jeff Barberis and NOT B&A International, Inc., if there had been any hope of profits, you as a stock holder would never see a dime of it.

SECURITIES FRAUD?

If you were issued, or bought Stock in B&A International, Inc. on the premis of being rewarded by dividends or stock valuation increases, based on Liberty Fuels Direct, you were seriously duped and are a possible "Victim of Securities Fraud".

Did you receive a prospectus or any documentation on your Stock Offering?

Neither was I. But if you did, does it show Liberty Fuels Direct, and an ongoing "Asset" of B&A Internation, Inc.? If so, again, you are a possible "Victim of Securities Fraud.

One last thing, Did you think you could at least fall back on assets from B&A Automotive Dividends in your Stock Purchase? If so, it is registered as a Unincorporated Company, owned by another one of Davids Kids and you'll never see a dime of profits from it.

So bottom line,

When I was asked why more complete due dilligence was not done before doing business with David Barberis, who in a network marketing opportunity has to dig this deep to find intentional "cover-ups" by a business opportunity owner?

David has covered all the bases and if not for E.N.N. these little "secrets" would likely remain secret.

Charles "E.N.N." Bunch

Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Newbie Member

There are several things investors in these bogus companies - bogus in that they are offering unregistered securities and Mr. Barberis is not a registered securities broker/dealer - can do.

First - call the Securities Regulators in your state to see if either Liberty Fuels Direct, a sole proprietorship, has made a Regulation D filing to sell unregistered securities with your state. You can also check to see if there have been any complaints or actions against the company. Also check to see if B & A Int'l, Inc, a Nevada Corporation, has filed the same papers.

Second - go to http://www.sec.gov and check the filings there to see if either company filed for Schedule D 501, 502, 503, 504, or 506 sale of unregistered securities.

Third - contact the Texas Securities Board in Dallas to file a complaint
Texas Securities Board
1210 Riverbend, Suite 208
Dallas, Texas 75247
Phone Number: (214) 630-8681
Fax Number: (214) 630-8699

You may also have rights to file a civil action against Mr. Barberis and should contact an attorney specializiing in business law or securities.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
MLM Fuel Additive Victim

Excelent Info, many of us have already filed with the Texas Securities Board, the federal level is next.

Charles

Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM
MLM Fuel Additive Victim

Anyone who lost money, has not received commissions, or was offered company stock in exchange for services performed or in lieu of cash payments from Liberty Fueld Direct, David Barberis, Jeffrey Barberis (Listed Owner of Liberty Fuels Direct), or anyone associated with B & A International, Inc. B & A Automotive, or any other company known or unknown to be associated with David Barberis, is advised:

The Attorney Generals Office, State of Texas, for the District of the County of Collin, is accepting online complaints via the below web link.

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/cpd_getcounty.php

From this link you will see the below graphic with a drop-down menu. You must scroll down and enter "Collin". Then click Continue.

One the actual complaint form, be as specific as possible with dates and amounts.

Today E.N.N. learned yet another Barberis victim, a major Canadian Tire Exec. has been duped out of $12,000 by Barberis. Like Bob Moore, the deeper we dig, the more bones we find buried.

It appears we are going to need a "Spreadsheet Guy" to figure out how many people got scammed by Barberis.

I think it was "econono" who said:

"source: unknown

I'VE LEARNED....That one should keep his words both soft and tender,
because tomorrow he may have to eat them...

cpnkrk"

As we know from BioPerformance history. The Texas AG does not sit on MLM SCAMS too long.

Charles "soft and tender" Bunch

Old 06-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Grateful Yid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFoolsDirect
Charles "soft and tender" Bunch
I tip my hat to you Charles for exposing another scammer in the fuel-additive MLM scam business. This guy David Barberis has such a new upstart with his Liberty Fuels Direct, commenced just recently on a foundation of LIES! Thanks for exposing them. ~Barry

Old 07-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I Want To Back Up Mr Bunch As Well Regarding Mr David Barberis Who Now Has Started Bouncing Checks To His Distributors.... He Has So Many Excuses For All That He Does And Yes This Liberty Fools Fortunately Will Be Coming To An End Soon..... Not Only Is His Corporate Stock A Scam And Criminal........ Writing Bad Checks Is A Crime As Well...all These Actions Speak For Themselves And He Is Burying Himself... I Will Definetely Keep Everybody Posted

Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

If this is the David Barberis that I think it is, then this isn't his first scam.
He operated a company named Avalon Soundworks selling audio products which scammed some people (myself included) out of money.

I believe that this is him, but at that time he was in Lancaster, CA

Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Keith Olbermann

If I recall "Coach" Robb West added this scam to his portfolio as I know a few folks that had the privelege of getting a call
from the Great Man