report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Newbie Member

United Refund Services

Ironically enough, I found this site after getting a postcard from an obvious scam site (only gave a phone number - BBB linked to Affiliate Stategies Inc - found lots of info about their ripoff ways). However, this one looks like it may be legit. No get-rich-quick promises, just a simple statement of facts, and it looks like something I could do.

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with this company? It's called United Refund Services and their webiste is http://www.united-refund-services.com/

What I've found so far:
  • They sell you the list and instructions for people who are owed refunds by FHA/HUD
  • FHA/HUD charges for shipment of these lists - this company gives you online access at a lower cosr
  • FHA/HUD doesn't prohibit "tracers" - they only recommend not paying tons of money ($25 at most) - HUD's recommended fees are lower than United's recommended fees, but some people would probably spend a little more to save effort
  • This seems like something I'd enjoy doing, and could do on my own time

From the HUD website:
Quote:
While it is not necessary to enlist the services of a third party to obtain the necessary supporting documentation, complete the application, and submit it to HUD for processing, should you wish to engage a third party, HUD would consider a reasonable fee to be not more than $25 for any refund/share greater than $500 and $10 for any share greater than $250, but less than or equal to $500. No fee should be paid for any amount equal to or less than $250. You should only consider paying a third party after speaking with HUD.
Any thoughts/inputs/experiences?

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Diamond Member

Re: United Refund Services

We had a few of those threads before. Problem is that only people who supposedly made money from this opportunity were here to recruit. That would make me to believe that they make more money from referrals than from the job itself.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I wish I had found ya all sooner. I just paid $20 to this company and have received nothing. I tried two email address's they have listed and they are both undeliverable addresses.

Rats....$20 lesson learned I guess.:crap:

Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was going to order the quick-start kit as well, but I had a question that as not answered in their FAQ's and tried to email them and got the response that the email had been permenantly disabled. So, that gave me an alarm flag that this thing may be a scam. I did not order and it really looked like an honest to goodness opportunity too. Slick scam artists.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i just boughtmy packet and i got it a couple hours after i paid with paypal. it included everything it says. i mean when you think about it people might not want to pay to get their money but if you never contacted them they wouldnt know about it anyway and if they dont use you they have to think where the money is or wait for another processor to find them which might not never happen or might be too late seeing they have a limit to claim their money if it was me i would do it and if i was the person with the money i would let the person get my money for me

Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I should have come back earlier to post. I did finally receive the information. It was pitiful. Many misspelled words, terrible grammar in the letters. The letters were terribly lame as well. I redid them and added a bit of graphic design flair to make them look more official.

Then I got thinking about it. That same list may have gone to everyone from the mid-west for months, maybe years. I have to wonder if any of those addresses are current, or even close to current. How many letters have these folks gotten even if the addresses are current?

Well, I never did anything other than modify the materials. I still think that this is a total scam. If anyone gets actual results I'd love to hear about it

Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Newbie Member

I didn't buy United Refund Services but I am doing third party tracing. I live in the midwest. The addresses on the list some of them are correct and some you have to research. I have made money with this but not as much as I would like to. The hard part is getting the people to work with you even after they have agreed to your fee.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Almost 6 months later I can say I really like it I got it from UNited Refund Services I'm working on Virginia and West Virginia but having more luck with Virginia I should say alot more luck with Virginia had just 3 successful ones in West Virginia.