report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2007, 02:37 AM
419 Fun

Going Along with the Scam #5

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 1:09 PM
To: davidjooemail@web.de
Subject: update for e-mail account user

Attn: Winner,

We wish to congratulate you over your e-mail success in our computer balloting held on 15th May, 2007.

This is a Millennium Internet Game in which e-mail addresses were used. It is a promotional program aimed at encouraging internet subscribers; therefore you do not need to purchase a ticket to enter for it. You have been approved for the prize of US$790,000.00 (Seven Hundred and Ninety Thousand United States Dollar Only).
To claim your winning prize you are to contact the appointed agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:
Tanstaafal Holdings
Mr. Deon Opperman
Tel/Fax: +27-86-692-9247
E-mail: deonpperman@yahoo.co.uk
Batch No: KFC/35/818/RSA
Ticket No: KFC/90/07/KFC
Lucky No: 81/323/06/LA
Ref No: ZAF/0007/JUN
Serial No: GD/CPT48/RSA

You must contact the appointed agent with your Full Names, Address, and Contact Telephone Numbers via email to process the immediate payment of your prize. The validity period of the winnings is for 30 working days hence you are expected to make your claims immediately.

Once again congratulations!!!
Best Regards,
Taznim Rensburg(Mrs.)
(Group Coordinator)
__________________________________________________ ____________
REPLY:

Dear Mr. Opperman,

I was informed I won a drawing of some sort...could you please let me know the details?

This was the email I received:

Attn: Winner,
We wish to congratulate you over your e-mail success in our computer balloting held on 15th May, 2007.

This is a Millennium Internet Game in which e-mail addresses were used. It is a promotional program aimed at encouraging internet subscribers; therefore you do not need to purchase a ticket to enter for it. You have been approved for the prize of US$790,000.00 (Seven Hundred and Ninety Thousand United States Dollar Only).

To claim your winning prize you are to contact the appointed agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:

Thanks
Jack Devlin
__________________________________________________ ____________
REPLY from Mr. Opperman:

Manager Brokerage Service
Tanstaafal Holdings
Payment and Release Agents to
The South Africa Gaming Board.

Dear Jack Devlin,

Many thanks for contacting me. As you already know, I am Mr. Deon Opperman, and I am the payment and release agent to South Africa Gaming board. Tanstaafal Holdings is an insurance and investment consultation firm, and we also represent the South Africa Gaming Board.

Haven contacted me and provided the details and reference contained in your e-mail, I am in position to confirm to you that there is an E-mail Lottery Prize, which amounts to Seven Hundred and Ninety Thousand United States Dollar Only,$790,000.00 attached to the reference number(ZAF/0007/JUN) which you have provided to me.

I say congratulations for being the owner and user of the E-mail address attached to this prize. Being in this position, I can understand that you are not sure of what to do, but let me assure and guarantee you that it is my duty to assist you, and I will assist you in every manner possible, to ensure that you claim your Lottery Prize.

Please note that you must not at anytime inform any other person of your Lottery Prize, that is to say that your communication with me must be held confidential at every time. This is so because I would consider whoever contacts me with the reference and winning numbers as the winner of the Lottery Prize, so if you give any body your winning numbers, and they contact me, you might lose your Lottery Prize. Please take very important note.

Furthermore, let me confirm to you that we have been informed by the South Africa gaming board that the winner of this lottery prize would contact us to claim the prize, and we are willing and open to cooperate with you in every manner possible.

Your prize is already written on a cheque in your name and lodged into suspense account which is NON-DEDUCTIBLE to claim your prize you will be required to make travel arrangements to claim your prize personally here in Johannesburg, South Africa before the expiration of the claims deadline with the Non-Residential fee of $1,599.00 united states dollar as Non South Africa citizen, So it is advised that you be available at least three days before that day.

Kindly make your travel destination to O.R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA. In the advent of your inability to claim personally by traveling down do not hesitate to contact us so that we could arrange representation for your prize claim with our creditable Attorney. Remember the Attorney's Fee has already been paid by the South Africa gaming board.

Contact the Attorney for your representation if unable to travel down in person for claim.

Name.... Jim Morris, Esq.
E-mail.. morrisatlaw@yahoo.dk

Note that you do not have much time to get this done. I advise you act fast and get back to us immediately with your response to the understanding of this email.

Should you have any question, If you are dialing you have to include the international dialing code of your country follow by 27-74-487-2264 and please be advised to acknowledge the receipt of this email.

I thank you for your understanding, and say congratulations to you.

Yours Sincerely.

Mr. Deon Opperman.
Manager Brokerage Service
Tanstaafal Holdings.
Tower 13th Floor Office 1322
Nelson Mandela Square Sandton City
Johannesburg 2000, South Africa.
Tel: +27-74-487-2264
Fax: +27-86-692-9247
__________________________________________________ ______________
Sent email to Mr. Morris:

Mr. Morris,

I am forwarding an email from your associate Deon Opperman. It seems as though I have won an email lottery, and need to travel to South Africa in order to collect the prize. Unfortunately I am unable to leave my country at this time. Mr. Opperman has told me to contact you for assistance. Please view the email I have forwarded and let me know if Iím on the right path. This would be a life changing amount of money, and I am eager to find out how to collect.

I will be awaiting your email.

Thank You,
Jack Devlin

Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Its my Mojo, Baby

Re: Going Along with the Scam #5

HAHAHAH

Go dudey! Go!

See how far you can milk it!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 PM
419 Fun

I know I said that if I start filling out fake documents, then someone should tell me to get a life...but I couldn't resist. I didn't take long - just print, sign and scan.

I mentioned in my reply that I did some research on their law firm, and that they "checked out". Google gave me this link..that's it. Pretty cheesy, but a slightly stupid person could think they're legit. Here's the link: http://www.attorneys.co.za/CompanyHomePage.asp?CompanyID=137

So, let the games begin!!!!

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: Jack Devlin
Subject: Find Attached POA Form
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:18:02 +0000

Attention: Jack Devlin

First I will say congratulations to you, and then secondly I receive a fax from TANSTAAFAL HOLDINGS that I will be your representative here in Johannesburg , South Africa in assisting you to collect your winning cheque and certificate and sign all necessary documents involving your lottery winnings.

I have attached a Power of attorney form on this e-mail which you have to fill and sign and return back to me via email or fax +27-86-695-9894. This form will make me have the power to sign all document on your behalf. Nevertheless I will also need this form to present to the manager of TANSTAAFAL HOLDINGS so I can be given your awards cheque & certificate.

Do find attachment, and print out to fill and sign.
I remain yours truly,

Jim Morris, Esq.

Cyril Ziman & Associates
43 Keyes Avenue Rosebank
Sandton 2196, Johannesburg
South Africa.
Tel: +27-74-203-5421
Fax: +27-86-695-9894

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY:

Mr. Morris,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, but I had to do a little research on your law firm before I went any further with this. It seems that you're a legitamite business, and I appreciate all that you are doing for me. Attached is the signed Power of Attorney letter you requested.

You have no idea how this money is going to change my life! I have been confined to a wheelchair for 7 long years, and until now I didn't have the money for the operation that will make me walk again. During the last 7 years I have lost my job, my wife and my house...all because of a terrible accident that left me paralyzed from the waist down. However, I think with winning this lottery - my luck is about to change for the better!

I assume there's a fee for your assistance in collecting my winnings. Will you be taking a percentage of the winnings once the check is in our possesion? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank You,
Jack Devlin

Attachment:

Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Silver Member

Awesome awesome awesome ... lmao!!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM
419 Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpsnest
Awesome awesome awesome ... lmao!!
lol...I get worried sometimes that I'm too over the top. I haven't heard back, which is unusual. They usually reply within a few hours.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
419 Fun

-------------- Original message --------------

I received the signed power of attorney form, I will proceed with it along to the office of Tanstaafal Holdings to collect your winning cheque and prize claim certificate.

My service charges as your representative here in collecting your winning cheque and prize claim certificate here has already been taking care by TANSTAAFAL HOLDINGS, because i am the company legal representative.

I will call you or email you as soon as I have your award in my possession.

I remain yours truly,

Jim Morris, Esq.
__________________________________________________ _________
REPLY:

Mr. Morris,

Thank you! I will be awaiting your email.

Jack

Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Walking Questionnaire

LOL!!! This is really the most fun I have on the forums! I hope that the POA wasn't legit, I can't make out what the terms and limits are, because they may now have a legal handle on your account. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that that would hold any water at all, but I just thought about it. I really want to see how this plays out! Keep up the good work!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Walking Questionnaire

Why can't you say te rms Here?

Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Furbearingbrick Whipper!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him you would like to obtain him a UK visa to live. You work for the Department of Immigration and as you are so happy with him, you will help him access UK. This may be experimental but he may give you personal real details

Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
419 Fun

Dear Jack Devlin,

For your information your prize claim certificate has been handed over to your representative Mr.Jim Morris, Esq. do contact him for a copy.

We did not handover your cheque to him because we found that in our record file that you have not paid the Non Resident Fee of $1,599.00 United states dollar.And for the fact that the fees have not been settled we have no power to release your cheque.

We also gave your representative your invitation letter for the award and presentation ceremony which you were suppose to attend.

The presentation and award ceremony is on 6th June, 2007. after the ceremony all unclaimed cheque will be returned back to the gaming commission as unclaimed.you are require to settle payment before this day so we can release your cheque to your representative.

Do contact your representative for a copy of your prize claim certificate.

Winners who will not be available to attend the ceremony should watch the program on SABC 1 6H.30 CAT (Central African time)

Congratulations once again

Sincerely,
Mr. Deon Opperman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY:

Mr. Opperman,

Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly you need $1599 because I do not live in Africa? And then once you receive this money, you will release the check to Mr. Morris. My question then is how fast will I receive the $790,000 after the awards ceremony?

I should be receiving my social security check for $1625 on Friday. This is all the money I have for the month of June. If I give you $1599, that leaves me $26 for the entire month. My prescriptions alone are close to $200, so I need assurance that my winnings will be delivered to me shortly after June 6th.

My mind is still spinning with what's going on......I never dreamed it possible that I may walk again. This is an unbelievable gift from heaven! Please give me more details, as I will have to leave early for the post office on Friday. It's a long wheelchair ride into town, and I want to make sure I pick up my social security check as early as possible.

Thank You,
Jack

Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Walking Questionnaire

HAHAHAHA!! Lay it on there thick!!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkemp04
HAHAHAHA!! Lay it on there thick!!
This is the best one yet!

Find a Casual Relationship Tonight!!
Online Adult Personals

Reduce wrinkles with out surgery ‚Äď Guaranteed!!
Not an Anti wrinkle cream

Old 05-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member

Jax,

All I can say is...I sure am glad you are using your powers for good and not evil (well, evil for the scammers, but who gives a f*ck about them!) Thank you for the wonderful entertainment! Pete. :D

Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Newbie Member

Jack, Maybe to show their "good faith" they could send you 10% of "YOUR" money????? I know, not a chance but worth a try!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
419 Fun

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: jdevlin@comcast.net
Subject: Find Attached Your Prize Claim Certificate
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:28:15 +0000

Good Day and best wishes.

Attached is a copy of your prize claim certificate. Your winning cheque was not handed over to me. Mr. Deon Opperman said that you havenít paid the non resident fees that you are aware and he will not be able to give me the cheque.

He also gave me the invitation letter to the award and presentation ceremony which is on 6th June, 2007.

Your winning cheque and prize claim certificate was issued out on 30/05/2007.

Settle the fees with him and inform me so I can pick up the cheque. I attach a copy of your prize claim certificate with this letter.

Cheers

Jim Morris, Esq.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
419 Fun

What do you think?? Same guy or 3 different people working the scam?

Dear Jack Devlin,

The required fee levied on you is based that you are not a south africa citizen and the fee is going to the south african revenue services cash across counter. You could fly over here to pay yourself at the south african revenue office or i can get the details on your behalf so you can pay from the US and fax to them the payment slip for the non-residency fee.

If you need to speak to me directly in regards this, Kindly dial your international dialing code of your country follow by 27 86 692 9247

Always at your service.

Deon Opperman
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY:

Mr. Opperman,

I have a very difficult time getting around, it would be almost impossible for me to fly to Africa. But, I thought we went through this already?! I received an email from Jim Morris who also sent me my prize claim certificate.

I will be going to the post office tomorrow to get my social security check.....I also asked you in a previous email when I should expect my prize. How many days after June 6th? This is very important!!!

Thank you,
Jack

Old 05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

looks authentic to me.....LOL Can anyone say "TEMPLATE?"
This is too funny.

Find a Casual Relationship Tonight!!
Online Adult Personals

Reduce wrinkles with out surgery ‚Äď Guaranteed!!
Not an Anti wrinkle cream

Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Silver Member

LOL, what a crappy certificate.