report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Newbie Member

Team2succeed.com

Is this a scam? Here is emails that have gone back and forth between me and a rep today.

Hello Jamie,

My name is Tina Wood and I received your information this afternoon from the internet stating you have an interest in working from home. I would like to talk to you on the phone in the morning but previous appointments are not making that possible this week. Do you possibly have time in the evenings or late afternoon for me to call you?

I would love to introduce you to our company. I know what it's like to want to stay home with you little one but also help with those finances. I really wish I had had this opportunity when my children were young.

If you would let me know I will work out a time to call you during a different part of the day if that works for you. Thank you for your time Jamie. I'm looking forward to talking with you soon.

Tina Wood, Director
419-326-7570

Proprietary information for Team2Succeed marketing team.
Please do not forward this e-mail.

"Making a different choice gives you the opportunity to live a different life"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Tina Wood, Director
419-326-7570

Proprietary information for Team2Succeed marketing team.
Please do not forward this e-mail.

"Making a different choice gives you the opportunity to live a different life"
Tina,

Tomorrow evening would be fine. I should be home. Thank You.

Can you possibly give me a heads up on exactly what I will be doing for this company, and if I need to front any money at all? I have ran into so many scams, Im very skeptical now.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Jamie,

I will give you a call tomorrow evening then. This is definitely not a scam. I know exactly where you are coming from, I've also walked this path before. In a nutshell we market for a small pharmaceutical company that has been in business for over 21 years. You would not need to have any past marketing skills, we teach you everything you need to know to do your job well. We have an office online that we work out of so you never have to leave your home to go to work. We have meetings online, training sessions online (plus much more) and we are given 5 free websites (afterwhich we are shown how to use those websites to build your business).

This is just a peek into that nutshell Jamie. First we need to meet to see if we should go further with an interview. If so, I will tell you everything that you want and should know before taking on a job when we talk tomorrow. Take care and I'll call you tomorrow evening

Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: Team2succeed.com

Based on the "over 21 years" remark I would guess that it is Melaleuca but there are a ton of wellness companies. Someone in the MLM folder might know for sure which company it is.

I can tell you that it is not a JOB..(I hate that she used that term) it is an MLM and you would be selling the products and the opportunity and you will have start up fees.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

I had the same suspicion. I think that is ol' Mela as well after visiting their website.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=370735&postcount=95

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=2...postcount=1397

I pulled out the earnings from 2 very lengthy threads on Melaleuca. I should note that there is a high drop out rate. 5% a month or around 50% a year drop out. You are required to purchase 35 points or around $50 in products a month and you will be put on back-up order (autoship) if you forget to order.

Soapboxmom

Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes. This team is for MelaXXXXX, Inc. Actually I and my family member recently joined them. They are not a scam at all. They gave us five free websites, free online training, and a lot of business tools such as e-mail templates, products information, etc. You don't even have to pay anything for this business support. Also, my family members have been doing this business for more than 15 years and are very successful. They are not deceiving or taking advantage of others. They are actually helping a lot of people in terms of their health and finance. That's why we joined in this team. You can start with a minimal investment. Where in the world can you start business without any investment? Think about this...if you start selling something online, you would have to pay for web hosting, products, credit card processing services, etc. That could easily cost hundreds of dollars a month...even thousands. Even if you don't sell anything, you would still have to keep paying these fees. With MelaXXXXX, there are some initial fees, but you only have to pay $50-60 a month (Around $100 after you move up to a certain level). You don't have to worry about inventory, delivery, returns, or anything. You can also take advantage of their high quality products every month. Their supplements are changing a lot of people's lives. Also, you can cancel your membership anytime you want with a full refund. They also offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like their products, you can get a refund/a credit or exchange for 60 days. So there is absolutely no risk. This is not a quick money making scheme, neither. My family members have worked hard to get where they are now. Anyone who starts his/her own business has to work hard to be successful. Even if you can't make a lot of money right away, don't blame the company. It really depends on your motivation and commitment.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member

Seems to be a MLM company

Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

When I first heard of Melaleuca, I thought MLM and selling, yikes! I later learned that Melaleuca has over 40 different Marketing teams. Some teams are required to purchase products and resell them, others are obligated to host parties, and still others recruit! I joined the team in 2007 and it has enabled me to replace our food, toiletries and cleaning products with chemical-free, safe products for my family. I have worked with people who dropped out. They possess a degree of self-doubt and lack motivation. They probably haven't kept a job to date. I now stay at home with our three children, we got ahead on our bills, and I even left my full-time job! There is no selling with our team - we don't take orders, accept payments, or distribute anything. We are provided seven FREE (yes, two more) websites. FREE training and support is available online, accessible at any hour. We work very closely and I have made many new friends. A FREE overview is available online. No personal info is needed, it's to obtain information only. Please, "don't judge a book by its cover." This company has helped many, many families in over a dozen countries!

Last edited by imaflgal : 07-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.