report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Editorial
A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Israel’s government badly botched the war in Lebanon last summer. But you have to admire the work of the investigating commission that same government appointed to analyze what had gone wrong. In its initial report, the commission pointed to “severe failures” of “judgment, responsibility and prudence” on the part of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

The commission found that Mr. Olmert was too hasty in deciding to go to war, that he proceeded without a detailed military plan, that his goals were unrealistic and that he failed to consult beyond an inner military circle of true believers. That should sound more than a little familiar to Americans.

Straight-talking investigating commissions are an admirable, and enviable, Israeli tradition. Israelis know they live in a dangerous neighborhood, with little margin for poorly conceived and executed military adventures. They also know that the swiftest route to recovering from costly blunders must begin with acknowledging what went wrong and who was responsible. It would be nice to see that kind of constructive candor take root in Washington.

Initially, Israelis applauded Mr. Olmert’s decision to conduct sustained airstrikes in Lebanon. They saw it as a firm and justified response to provocative cross-border Hezbollah raids and rocket attacks. But when 34 days of destructive warfare ended with Hezbollah’s military capacities largely intact, its political standing enhanced and much of the world blaming Israel for the damage inflicted on Lebanese civilians, opinion turned sharply against Mr. Olmert, Defense Minister Amir Peretz and the top Israeli military leadership.

The panel did not explicitly call on Mr. Olmert to resign, but its findings leave him gravely weakened. Political weakness is not what Israel needs.

One major lesson of the Lebanon experience is that Israel cannot defeat its most dangerous enemies by brute force alone. Its security and survival require a more active diplomacy toward the Palestinians and Syria — and a willingness to take risks. More than ever, Israel needs a government and a leader strong enough to steer it wisely through the uncertain hazards of war and bold enough to test the equally uncertain possibilities for peace.



.
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Godeskian Godeskian is offline
I have taken all knowledge to be my province.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 763
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Do you have a link for the oped piece? I'd like to post it on another message board.
__________________
Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM
dchristie's Avatar
dchristie dchristie is offline
Challenge Authority
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,879
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
Editorial
A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Israel’s government badly botched the war in Lebanon last summer. But you have to admire the work of the investigating commission that same government appointed to analyze what had gone wrong. In its initial report, the commission pointed to “severe failures” of “judgment, responsibility and prudence” on the part of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

The commission found that Mr. Olmert was too hasty in deciding to go to war, that he proceeded without a detailed military plan, that his goals were unrealistic and that he failed to consult beyond an inner military circle of true believers. That should sound more than a little familiar to Americans.

Straight-talking investigating commissions are an admirable, and enviable, Israeli tradition. Israelis know they live in a dangerous neighborhood, with little margin for poorly conceived and executed military adventures. They also know that the swiftest route to recovering from costly blunders must begin with acknowledging what went wrong and who was responsible. It would be nice to see that kind of constructive candor take root in Washington.

Initially, Israelis applauded Mr. Olmert’s decision to conduct sustained airstrikes in Lebanon. They saw it as a firm and justified response to provocative cross-border Hezbollah raids and rocket attacks. But when 34 days of destructive warfare ended with Hezbollah’s military capacities largely intact, its political standing enhanced and much of the world blaming Israel for the damage inflicted on Lebanese civilians, opinion turned sharply against Mr. Olmert, Defense Minister Amir Peretz and the top Israeli military leadership.

The panel did not explicitly call on Mr. Olmert to resign, but its findings leave him gravely weakened. Political weakness is not what Israel needs.

One major lesson of the Lebanon experience is that Israel cannot defeat its most dangerous enemies by brute force alone. Its security and survival require a more active diplomacy toward the Palestinians and Syria — and a willingness to take risks. More than ever, Israel needs a government and a leader strong enough to steer it wisely through the uncertain hazards of war and bold enough to test the equally uncertain possibilities for peace.



.

It's been acknowledged that The Bush Crime Gang had a significant hand in pumping up the nut job Olmert to invade Lebanon.

Unfortunately for the Zio-Nazis, they soon discovered that confronting Hezbollah was far different from their usual standard operating procedures against defenseless Palestinians.

In fact, as the IDF began to realize they were getting their butts decisively kicked, The Flying Monkey himself urgently ordered cluster bombs to be shipped to the Zio-Nazis to insure as many civilian casualties as possible, especially among innocent women and children in, yet, just one more flagrant violation of human decency, International Law and US Law.

But as we well know, all that's necessary for The Bush Crime Gang to either take action or not on anything is for there to be the promise of plenty of dead civilians.


Last edited by dchristie : 05-02-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
sojustask's Avatar
sojustask sojustask is offline
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 13,894
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristie
It's been acknowledged that The Bush Crime Gang had a significant hand in pumping up the nut job Olmert to invade Lebanon.

Unfortunately for the Zio-Nazis, they soon discovered that confronting Hezbollah was far different from their usual standard operating procedures against defenseless Palestinians.

In fact, as the IDF began to realize they were getting theri butts kicked, The Flying Monkey himself, urgently ordered cluster bombs to be shipped to the Zio-Nazis to insure as many civilian casualties as possible, especially among innocent women and children in just one more flagrant violation International Law and US Law.

But as we well know, all that's necessary for The Bush Crime Gang to either take action or not on anything is for there to be the promise of plenty of dead civilians.
I remember that and I concur with your observations. Everything Bush gets himself involved in ends up as a giant clusterf*ck.

Literally.


Lady Mod
__________________
.
When an honest man/woman who is mistaken learns the truth, at that exact moment, he/she ceases to be mistaken or he/she ceases to be honest.

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Ronald Ronald is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,484
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

I find your article to be pro-Zionist, Lady Mod. The only debate that seems to be happening is the choice between using diplomacy for the betterment of the state of Israel, or using strong military action for the betterment of Israel. Both sides are pro-Zionist.

This is the kind of piece that is common 24/7 in the propaganda war between Democrats and Republicans - the fierce accusations on both sides that results from coveting the job of being Israel's servant. This particular piece doesn't really criticize "Israel", but actually just implies criticism for choosing Republicans to do their work, rather than liberal Democrats. It's sad, actually.

One of the many reasons I don't trust Democrats, despite their pro-diplomacy propaganda, is that it is easy for them to change their minds suddenly and move to sudden invasion like they did on Iraq, and say that they tried diplomacy a great deal, and they have to do it. The party is hardly an alternative, then, because the motives remain the same.

You, LadyMod, could criticise Israel for using air strikes on Lebanon, but who gave them the technology to be able to do this? That's right, both the Republican and Democrat party.

So propaganda aside, actions speak louder than words.


Last edited by Ronald : 05-02-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
GeneralTsoGood's Avatar
GeneralTsoGood GeneralTsoGood is offline
Banned for a bit
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,273
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

WHERES THE OUTRAGE? WHERE ARE THE NUMEROUS POSTS BASHING THE AGGRESSORS?

oh thats right, they arent israelis killing arabs, they are whiteys killing arabs...which is ok.

51 civilians killed in Afghan fighting By AMIR SHAH, Associated Press Writer

KABUL, Afghanistan - Regional officials said Wednesday that 51 villagers, some of them women and children, were killed in recent fighting in western Afghanistan. The U.S.-led coalition said it had no reports of civilian deaths.


The governor of southern Kandahar province also reported some civilians may have been killed during a clash there Tuesday night that left 13 dead, including two women.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Ronald Ronald is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,484
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTsoGood
WHERES THE OUTRAGE? WHERE ARE THE NUMEROUS POSTS BASHING THE AGGRESSORS?

oh thats right, they arent israelis killing arabs, they are whiteys killing arabs...which is ok.

51 civilians killed in Afghan fighting By AMIR SHAH, Associated Press Writer

KABUL, Afghanistan - Regional officials said Wednesday that 51 villagers, some of them women and children, were killed in recent fighting in western Afghanistan. The U.S.-led coalition said it had no reports of civilian deaths.


The governor of southern Kandahar province also reported some civilians may have been killed during a clash there Tuesday night that left 13 dead, including two women.
I don't understand what you're saying. Could you re-iterate?

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Ronald Ronald is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,484
Re: A Harsh, Healthy Verdict in Israel

I just watched Jon Stuart make this exact same point Lady Mod made. This recent edition from the left-wing spin machine is really disturbing - taking something both Israel and America is responsible for and trying to shift all the blame on just one party.

This idea that Zionism is not to blame, but merely conservative Republican, when all of these politicians are equally loyal to AIPAC rather than the American people, is a lie perpetuated by both sides. It's flat out dishonesty.

The average American does not want to examine Democrat loyalty to AIPAC because they're so riled up about things they care so much about. A liberal can't examine Democrat-AIPAC relationships because they so badly care about abortion rights, gay marriage, minimum wage increases, raising taxes on the rich, and so on. They're so consumed by hatred for conservatives that the fact that more money goes to Israel than the continent of Africa, despite their AIDS epidemic, doesn't faze them.

The holocaust that happened in Russia by Stalin's hands is largely untalked about. The millions of Christians that were killed simply because they were Christians isn't talked about. The amount of money spent on fighting Israel's wars rather than taking care of the debt isn't a focus. The average Iraqi civilian has no representation. When any of them are killed by the U.S. military, the only place where we can find footage of that is in Michael Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11.

The average American doesn't even know the official count of dead Iraqi civilians because there isn't even a count. There are only estimates. Anyone can make guesses. Perhaps the fact that no Democrat or Republican is even counting is pretty much representative of the level of humanity they have.

The news coverage is constantly: "Terrorist bomb kills this number" but never "U.S. bomb kills this number".


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict BarackZero Science Scams 149 02-05-2010 12:52 PM
O.J. Verdict - GUILTY on ALL 12 COUNTS Connecticut Victim Political Chat 7 10-04-2008 09:25 AM
Bush vs. Clinton: The Economic Verdict Grim17 Political Chat 34 04-26-2007 12:17 PM
Seeking Biblical Truths Against The Tide Of Harsh Criticism! Emerantia Religious Scams 9 01-10-2007 02:43 AM
Harsh chemicals in our household cleaners Rawb Corporate Scams 4 11-16-2005 09:01 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.