report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Celebrity China Scam

Celebrity China
My fiancee and I were contacted by Celebrity China to come view their china and cookware. If we showed up we would receive a free set of toasting glasses and a free trip (which we expected to be a hoax anyway). We arrived with 3 other couples and were showed some waterless cooking system that cost almost $2000. With that purchase you get 4 or 8 (?) placesettings of china (which by the way if that is real china how can they afford to give it away). The other thing they had were some knives that the presenter showed us and they did seem really cool. We decided to invest in the knives which were $380 in an 8-piece set. Later we were asked to add on a knife block, and since these knives were so "sharp" I thought that would be smart. When we received the knives they were terrible and also only contained 3 knives and a sharpener. Celebrity China would not refund our money even though I called the day I received them. After much debate they sent me 4 knives for free due to their presenters misinformation. So far I have hasseled with these people about my bill and for some reason my $380 knives keep showing up as $600 knives even though I make payments every.

No one needs knives this bad.

Bookmark and Share

Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Celebrity China Scam

I read this "scam" report a little bit ago cause my bride to be and I were also invited to go to a presentation. I wanted to do reasearch to see what this company was all about. I went to the BBB website first to see what they had to say and I saw that they are in very high reguards with the BBB. So we decided to go to this presentation. The crystals they gave us are real (we had them engraved by our family jeweler) and the hotel stay is exactly what they said it was. After having been to a simular presentation from another company at the Western Stock Show in Denver, I was quite surprised that the cookware was soo inexpensive. The same set of cookware that another company wanted $3000+ for was just about $2000. I have been to retail stores that sell limited lifetime warranty cookware that costs more! My experience was a good one. My bride to be and I became customers and LOVE our waterless cookware. I thank "scammed bride" for giving me the heads up on the much better price! I may not have gone if I knew it was going to be as expensive as all the other cookewares I have seen before!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego7979 View Post
I read this "scam" report a little bit ago cause my bride to be and I were also invited to go to a presentation. I wanted to do reasearch to see what this company was all about. I went to the BBB website first to see what they had to say and I saw that they are in very high reguards with the BBB. So we decided to go to this presentation. The crystals they gave us are real (we had them engraved by our family jeweler) and the hotel stay is exactly what they said it was. After having been to a simular presentation from another company at the Western Stock Show in Denver, I was quite surprised that the cookware was soo inexpensive. The same set of cookware that another company wanted $3000+ for was just about $2000. I have been to retail stores that sell limited lifetime warranty cookware that costs more! My experience was a good one. My bride to be and I became customers and LOVE our waterless cookware. I thank "scammed bride" for giving me the heads up on the much better price! I may not have gone if I knew it was going to be as expensive as all the other cookewares I have seen before!
You must work for this company! They are scammers big time. Don't fall for it. As if $2000 is cheap for cookware?!?! What the hell planet do you live on? If you have enough money to spend that much on cookware when you could register for it then you wouldn't be looking into whether or not a company was reputable and looking on a scam site. I call bull.

They try to sucker working class couples into "winning" and then purchasing their crap. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for it.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

RE: Is Celebrity China A Scam

I received a call for my Bride from Celebrity China.
I was told we had been selected to receive a 3 day 2 night Hotel stay
and a pair of Crystal Toasting flutes. (My first thought was scam)
I was told to receive them we would have to attend a 90 minute Presentation
as a couple. So I took a time slot to get them of the phone and then did a search...

Hence here I am...

After reading the posts above, I decided to go to the BBB.
Let me share the link with you. http://www.kansascity.bbb.org

Celebrity China & Crystal Is an Accredited BBB Member with a current A
Rating.

No Company with such a rating, can be a scam. Therefore my Bride & I decided to goto their Presentation this evening.

YES We received a 3 Day 2 night Hotel Stay - YES there is a $50 Refundable Deposit
(Required by the hotels, being a hotel manager I understand this)
YES we received our Crystal Toasting Flutes.

YES it is a 70 Minute (Live Infomercial) About their Products and their Warranties.

NO, there was not any high pressure sales. As a matter of fact we asked for our gifts at the end,
we were asked "Why". Told the sales guy we just were not interested. He said... "That's okay, we know it is not for everyone"... Then Gave us our gifts and thanked us for coming down!

The Cookware they had is made by a company called Vita Craft (www.VitaCraft.com) & I decided to look then up in the hotel lobby before leaving.

Upon Researching Celebrity China & Crystal through the BBB, and then Vita Craft after their presentation (I also researched them through the BBB and they are A+ Rated) My Bride and I made the decision be become Customers of both companies.

We are excitedly looking forward to receiving our Cookware and China Package in 3-4 weeks.
Lifetime Warranted Products from American Companies... BBB A & A+ Rated... I Believe we made the right decision.

With that said, I believe in Research and the Truth. I can see many people above do not. So with that said, I have given YOU the Tools and the sites to find the truth for yourself.

People of America WAKE UP --- Like we don't believe everything we see on TV, don't believe everything that you read on the internet!!! When it comes to Companies goto the BBB, do some solid research...

Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxy View Post
You must work for this company! They are scammers big time. Don't fall for it. As if $2000 is cheap for cookware?!?! What the hell planet do you live on? If you have enough money to spend that much on cookware when you could register for it then you wouldn't be looking into whether or not a company was reputable and looking on a scam site. I call bull.

They try to sucker working class couples into "winning" and then purchasing their crap. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for it.
Bosoxy,
I am a customer. I actually have had this cookware for almost 6 years now. If you like, put your e-mail on a post here and I will e-mail you my address and phone number and you can come to my house and I will show you the cookware. Heck, my wife and I might even cook for you cause you seem like a nice person. Oh, and I own my own business. I work for no one but myself. When you come over, I would be glad to show you my tax returns too.

So, bosoxy, do you work for the BBB? We know we can start with trust there. Do you work for the direct selling association? Or maybe the cookware manufacture association? Cause the cookware I have is part of the cookware manufacture association. Made by Regal Ware. Celebrity China is part of the BBB. The company they work with for finance is HyCite and they are part of the BBB, and the direct selling association. All major companies and all apporve if Celebrity, Regal and HyCite. So, I ask, who do you work for? Maybe their competition? If not, are you an expert? I mean I am not, by far but I own it and I use it every day. If you are not an expert and do not own it, you are not lending ANY creadability to your argument. It almost sounds like slander...

Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

diego, if you're truly happy with your Vitacraft cookware, then good for you. You must be filthy rich.

I recently worked at Celebrity, as one of the people who were calling you and your fiance to get you to come to these things. And while It's not exactly what you call a scam, it's a royal pain in the ass.

Seriously, the cookware is no big deal. They're just pots and pans, no different than you'd spend $60-$100 a set for at Walmart. Celebrity salespeople are just so damn good at pitching it, they can convince you it's worth thousands.

And the free gifts are fluffed up, too. When reading our "scripts" to you guys to get you to come to a sales pitch, we're told to use words like "elegant," "deluxe," "premier," and other fancy BS like that. Really, the toasting glasses are about the lowest grade crystal you'll find, and they're often poorly made. I've answered more than a few calls, people complaining about their glasses having oddly shaped rims or being so malformed they weren't even safe to drink out of. So really it's a gamble. And the hotels that actually agree to a 3-day, 2-night free promotion aren't really that spectacular. They're a step above a motel 6, but with barely even 30 locations around the country, you'd be kinda dumb to plan any sort of vacation around where you can get a free hotel with this thing, because after all the hassle you have to go through to activate it, it's barely worth it in the end.

I left the company simply because I got tired of lying to people. I'd call up a sweet sounding lady, tell her she had some gifts, and just to hear the ones who get ecstatic thinking they've won something, only to get a complaint call from the same girl the next week. I just hated working a job that basically entailed me taking advantage of what's supposed to be the most joyous part of a person's life and using it to take hideous amounts of their money and subsequently piss a few people off.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KepperOfTheSacredGopher View Post
diego, if you're truly happy with your Vitacraft cookware, then good for you. You must be filthy rich.

I recently worked at Celebrity, as one of the people who were calling you and your fiance to get you to come to these things. And while It's not exactly what you call a scam, it's a royal pain in the ass.

Seriously, the cookware is no big deal. They're just pots and pans, no different than you'd spend $60-$100 a set for at Walmart. Celebrity salespeople are just so damn good at pitching it, they can convince you it's worth thousands.

And the free gifts are fluffed up, too. When reading our "scripts" to you guys to get you to come to a sales pitch, we're told to use words like "elegant," "deluxe," "premier," and other fancy BS like that. Really, the toasting glasses are about the lowest grade crystal you'll find, and they're often poorly made. I've answered more than a few calls, people complaining about their glasses having oddly shaped rims or being so malformed they weren't even safe to drink out of. So really it's a gamble. And the hotels that actually agree to a 3-day, 2-night free promotion aren't really that spectacular. They're a step above a motel 6, but with barely even 30 locations around the country, you'd be kinda dumb to plan any sort of vacation around where you can get a free hotel with this thing, because after all the hassle you have to go through to activate it, it's barely worth it in the end.

I left the company simply because I got tired of lying to people. I'd call up a sweet sounding lady, tell her she had some gifts, and just to hear the ones who get ecstatic thinking they've won something, only to get a complaint call from the same girl the next week. I just hated working a job that basically entailed me taking advantage of what's supposed to be the most joyous part of a person's life and using it to take hideous amounts of their money and subsequently piss a few people off.
Dear Keeper of the Sacred Gopher,
You have a very interesting prospective. I wonder though, do you have the cookware yourself? I ask because I go to Wal-Mart all the time for groceries and I have looked at but I canít find anything near as good as my Vita Craft. I find a bunch of ďmade in chinaĒ pans that are all flimsy at best. Coated with Teflon and/or they just feel like I could bend them with my bear hands. I had that stuff before I got married and it never worked half as well as my Vita Craft does. My brother has a set of Cordon Blue cookware that is waterless and greaseless cookware made by Regal. I was going to try and find some like that because it is what they teach on at Le Cordon Blue Academies all across the US. Why would they teach a chef on something that could be purchased at Wal-Mart? The answer is simple. They donít. They teach them with the best so they can be the best chefs out there. I have two friends who graduated as chefs from the Scottsdale Culinary Institute in AZ (a Cordon Blue Academy) and they helped advise me that this cookware is truly one of the best. Unfortunately, I could not find this cookware from Regal but Vita Craft is even better. Both of those friends of mine have the Vita Craft cookware. So I ask again, are you a customer? Do you have the product and use it every day like I do, my brother does, my parents do and my chef friends do? If not, Iím not sure you have room to talk about the quality of the product. Comments on the companyís treatment of you have no bearing on this discussion so I will not waste my time on that topic but I will not let someone call my cookware cheep when it is proven otherwise. No cookware at Wal-Mart can compare. But, if you want to see how much good cookware can cost, head on into a William Sonoma store and let me know how the cookware there (top of the line in the stores) is different from the Vita Craft or Wal-Mart cookware. I am sure that if you just hold the cookware, you will feel the difference let alone cook in it.
Waiting for your research results,
Diego

Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Is Celebrity China A Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserInLife View Post
I received a call for my Bride from Celebrity China.
I was told we had been selected to receive a 3 day 2 night Hotel stay
and a pair of Crystal Toasting flutes. (My first thought was scam)
I was told to receive them we would have to attend a 90 minute Presentation
as a couple. So I took a time slot to get them of the phone and then did a search...

Hence here I am...

After reading the posts above, I decided to go to the BBB.
Let me share the link with you. http://www.kansascity.bbb.org

Celebrity China & Crystal Is an Accredited BBB Member with a current A
Rating.

No Company with such a rating, can be a scam. Therefore my Bride & I decided to goto their Presentation this evening.

YES We received a 3 Day 2 night Hotel Stay - YES there is a $50 Refundable Deposit
(Required by the hotels, being a hotel manager I understand this)
YES we received our Crystal Toasting Flutes.

YES it is a 70 Minute (Live Infomercial) About their Products and their Warranties.

NO, there was not any high pressure sales. As a matter of fact we asked for our gifts at the end,
we were asked "Why". Told the sales guy we just were not interested. He said... "That's okay, we know it is not for everyone"... Then Gave us our gifts and thanked us for coming down!

The Cookware they had is made by a company called Vita Craft (www.VitaCraft.com) & I decided to look then up in the hotel lobby before leaving.

Upon Researching Celebrity China & Crystal through the BBB, and then Vita Craft after their presentation (I also researched them through the BBB and they are A+ Rated) My Bride and I made the decision be become Customers of both companies.

We are excitedly looking forward to receiving our Cookware and China Package in 3-4 weeks.
Lifetime Warranted Products from American Companies... BBB A & A+ Rated... I Believe we made the right decision.

With that said, I believe in Research and the Truth. I can see many people above do not. So with that said, I have given YOU the Tools and the sites to find the truth for yourself.

People of America WAKE UP --- Like we don't believe everything we see on TV, don't believe everything that you read on the internet!!! When it comes to Companies goto the BBB, do some solid research...

Diego,

Please stop... You obviously are affiliated with this company in some way. Why else would you continue to come back and give your input over a year after your first review? "People of America WAKE UP"... like you said wake up and pay attention to liars. Besides the point I got a call from Celebrity China today. They offered me the crystal stemware and the 3 day 2 night stay (which I assume is a scam). My fiance and I are planning on going to the "presentation" to receive our free gifts knowing that a "free gift" should not require us to pull out our wallets.
Thank you "keeper" and "scammed bride" for the heads up!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My mother and my fiance and I went to a presentation from Celebrity China. I did some research about the company including calling the bridal show manager who assured me that they have worked with this company for years and not had any problems or complaints. I'm a major skeptic and I was very unsure about doing business with them but talking to other local business people from my town who praised their company did a lot to calm that concern.
I have seen some comments that the product they sell isn't worth the price, but I think those comments are from those who aren't well informed. My mother has had *****less/greaseless cookware for 40 years and loves it. All multi-ply cookware is very expensive (it runs from about $1300 to $4000 and up), and while it's of course a personal choice if you prefer this kind or not those who use and prefer it find it worth the price. The brand that my mother has is $4,000 for a set now, a lot more than vita craft.
The sales presentation we went to wasn't a high pressure pitch at all, we thought it was fun. I'm sure this varies a lot from sales person to sales person though. In my experience this is not a scam, the cookware is great. It's an expensive product and if you personally don't think it's worth it or can't afford no problem, that doesn't make it a scam though. I personally think some of those who are posting the scam scares are over-reacting, and are probably under-informed. Of course, I could be wrong, some people may have been "scamed" by bad sales people.
Any concerned consumers doing research should remember that what you find on internet boards like this are often only one view, and usually the only people motivated to speak out are those who are angry, and that anger is not always rational. People react negatively and irrationally when they don't feel they are as well informed as they should be, and I think that may be part of the problem here. A lot of these people just don't know what they're looking at or getting, and so they lash out irrationally. Also, in my opinion, most people are morons. So, naturally, I'm much more likely to make decisions based on my own knowledge and analyzation of a situation.
Oh and about the trip they offer you. I researched that too, and again I think people are just idiots. When receiving a FREE trip you have to expect that those who are paying the hotel or cruise line are going to get priority and so you are last to be able to make a decision. Of course it's difficult, what do you expect? But I know people who were able to take their free trips like these, they just had to be very open, flexible and patient. I think it's still worth it.
Just wanted to give my opinion to those looking for answers, not that you have any reason to believe it. But I would have appreciated reading a post like this when I was looking around, so I had to put it out there.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

my fiance and i attended one of these as well... just before our wedding we attended the bridal show in phx, az and low and behold we won something! it was the two crystal flutes and the hotel stay.... We were moving out in a week and had no pots and pans so it seemed like a great deal if in fact they lasted a life time....However, before i had even reveived them we fell into some financial issues... so i called up the company and spoke to a representative, and was transfered to a manager, who was extremely rude he made me cry..... yes he told me it was now my financial obligation and i have to deal with it..... i hadnt received the cookware yet, and was having issues with it being sent! it was over 2 weeks and still no cookware..... so i wnted to cancel my order.... Dont even try with them! they are awful!!!! I dont even use the cookware now, they are the worst pots and pans i have ever used! I rather use my cheap ones...I thought about going to the news with it.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

People.. seriously, is it worth it to argue back and forth with people you dont even know personally?? These forums are for PERSONAL OPINIONS and everybody is entitled to have thier own..
Some people loved the product, some dont. and YES i do own the set. for 7 yrs now.. and NO i dont like them. I only held onto the so long because my husband bought them for me shortly after our wedding. I didnt want them, and thought it was WAY out of our price range, but he insisted. I used them TWICE and hated them from the beginning. I dont doubt that they are "worth it" as far as quality goes, but only IF IF IF you have the time to SCRUB , and i do mean SCRUB the food off afterwards. They are high maintenance, and hard to clean. Which is not a "time saving product" in my OPINION.. And the china is NOT the best china out there. I do use that regulary. I realize its not the hightest grade china. You can see that just by looking at it, but its nice enough for monthly and holiday use.
As for the actual Celibrity China company, i can only say that i dont care for them as far as their customer service goes. Shortly after purchasing the set for me, my husband passed away.. and even though i sent in a death certificate which legally ended his contract, Celebrity called me and "told me" that i was a liar and had "FAKED" the death certificate and that i BETTER have him call their office immediately. Needless to say, i just ignored them and passed the info to an attorney, and after 3 months they stopped harrassing me.
BUT.. i truly feel that nobody "pressured, or scammed" us into this purchase. WE made the decision. Previously on this discussion someone had made a comment that "working class people were suckered into buying this stuff" and i stronglly disagree.. NOBODY CAN FORCE US TO BUY SOMETHING. Only we can allow ourselves to be "suckered" into something, and only we are to blame.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My fiance and I went to the persentation tonight. It was just like they said o the phone.
90 minute live info session about cookware, china, crystal.

It is expensive cookware but for 2,500 you get cookware, plus you can pick from other things as free gifts with your purchace like china, crystal, flatware, knives... etc.

We ordered the basic package for 1,400 and got cookware and china.

Since we have bad bad credit we put 400.00 down and our payments are 35 a mo for 6months and then 70 a month for the balance at 1.7% fixed interest. Which if you pay the min payment its about 2 yrs to payoff.
Also they report to credit agencies.

Also if you purchace theres another bonus of a 4day 3 night cruise.

So basicly thats are honeymoon the cruise is about 200.00 a person for taxes and the hotel 3 days 2 nights is a $50.00 Refundable deposit...

We will get our cookware in about 2weeks I can't wait honestly... Maybe I wont like maybe I will I don't know yet.

I can tell you Paula was pleasant to work with and I didn't feel pressured to buy anything at all.

Mandi & Mark

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm truly sorry to hear that they did that to you, I can't imagine having to go thru that.

I hope no one else goes thru that.

I hope you have a more blessed life and once again I'm sorry for your loss.

God Bless,
Reverend Mandi McGuire

Old 10-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego7979 View Post
Dear Keeper of the Sacred Gopher,
You have a very interesting prospective. I wonder though, do you have the cookware yourself? I ask because I go to Wal-Mart all the time for groceries and I have looked at but I canít find anything near as good as my Vita Craft. I find a bunch of ďmade in chinaĒ pans that are all flimsy at best. Coated with Teflon and/or they just feel like I could bend them with my bear hands. I had that stuff before I got married and it never worked half as well as my Vita Craft does. My brother has a set of Cordon Blue cookware that is waterless and greaseless cookware made by Regal. I was going to try and find some like that because it is what they teach on at Le Cordon Blue Academies all across the US. Why would they teach a chef on something that could be purchased at Wal-Mart? The answer is simple. They donít. They teach them with the best so they can be the best chefs out there. I have two friends who graduated as chefs from the Scottsdale Culinary Institute in AZ (a Cordon Blue Academy) and they helped advise me that this cookware is truly one of the best. Unfortunately, I could not find this cookware from Regal but Vita Craft is even better. Both of those friends of mine have the Vita Craft cookware. So I ask again, are you a customer? Do you have the product and use it every day like I do, my brother does, my parents do and my chef friends do? If not, Iím not sure you have room to talk about the quality of the product. Comments on the companyís treatment of you have no bearing on this discussion so I will not waste my time on that topic but I will not let someone call my cookware cheep when it is proven otherwise. No cookware at Wal-Mart can compare. But, if you want to see how much good cookware can cost, head on into a William Sonoma store and let me know how the cookware there (top of the line in the stores) is different from the Vita Craft or Wal-Mart cookware. I am sure that if you just hold the cookware, you will feel the difference let alone cook in it.
Waiting for your research results,
Diego
Diego, I DO own this cookware. I have owned it for about 6 years now and I only used it for about the first 6 months or so before I couldn't stand it anymore. It is total crap. The collection now sits in a storage unit collecting dust. Take it from someone who's "research" was already done years ago... It's not worth it!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Banned

I found this site while looking for additional pieces for my set of China. A Celebrity salesman stopped by my door when I was 17 years old. I bought the waterless cookware....which was WearEver brand. It is wonderful. I am now 55 years old and I still use the same pots and pans and they look perfect. And I am quite the cook, too. For buying the cookware, I recieved a beautiful set of Celebrity China. The pattern I chose is called Matador. Please look at this china on Replacements website to see the value of the china. I also received an every day set of stoneware that was gorgeous. My sister uses it now. I also recieved an 8 place setting of flatware and 8 crystal glasses. I still have those and use them. Back then I think I paid about $350.00 in installments. It was the best thing I ever did. I am increasing my place settings of my China because the deal only included 8 place settings and now there are usually 10 to 12 around my table for dinner parties and I don't get to use my Matador pattern very often unless I am having a smaller dinner. I know that my experience was a long time ago, but it was a wonderful one. I am still very happy the Celebrity salesman knocked on my door.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Check out my vita craft blog about my experiences with celebrity china and the pans themselves.
http://vitacraftscam.blogspot.com/20...ity-china.html

Old 04-17-2011, 09:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am also a Scammed Bride! Celebrity China and Vita Craft are the dirtiest companies I have ever dealt with! These are the worse pans I have EVER owned and that incudes the 25 cent pans that I bought from Goodwill when I was in college. $2,000 is a lot to pay for cookware that is unusable after the FIRST use. Every pan that I have from this HORIBLE company is so badly stained and burned with food that I can no longer use them, I don't want to throw them away because I still pay $80 a month for them. I want to stand outside of Bridal Fairs and tell every woman walking out of them, when they get their phone call that they won toasting glasses to tell the guy to F-off! I wish that's what I would have done!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I agree that this is the worst company ever! I "won" there stupid prize at a bridal show. Was charged $2500 for their crappy pans that don't work. I returned the pans to them and they are now telling me that if I don't continue to pay for them that they are going to garnish my paychecks. They offered me a "free" cruise. Then told me I didn't qualify when I went to cash it in. I alson "won" a free 6 person setting of China that I requested from them 12 times and NEVER received!!!!! I think that anyone who falls into this company's trap deserves much pity and understanding because this company really needs to be sued and needs to pay back everyone that has ever had to deal with their lame crappy product and even worse customer service!!!!!