report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Newbie Member

NPD Online Research- is this real???? please help!!

Hey I have been looking around all day please help me find out if this is real??!? thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: NPD Online Research- is this real???? please help!!

Can you post the url of the website?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

If you mean NPDOR, it is very legitimate and good. There screeners do typically enter you in a drawing but I won $100 from them for trying.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Newbie Member

www.NPDonlineresearch.com is the url, thanks for looking into it. Katiescorner, did you have to pay anything to get started? How long did it take for them to pay you, and how much work did you get?
Thnks

Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 AM

That is NPDOR and they are very good. I DID pay for a list and it turned out to be a bunch of junk sites (offer sites, email harvesting sites, etc) I was pretty upset. I did get my money back and I went through the list and made my own list that is free and only includes the REAL survey sites, no PTR's or offers sites. You are welcome to use the list, my website is in my signature and profile and we also have a message board where we keep each other updated on which surveys are paying etc. You won't make a living but after a few months most people who take them like they should make a few hundred a month. I put all mine away for Christmas or a special night out.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

its ok but there are far more emails to enter sweepstakes than anything else in my experience.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:57 AM

I guess I should have also explained that you need to sign up with all the legitimate survey companies or at least the top 30-40 on my list. If you ONLY sign up with NPDOR you will only be getting 1-2 surveys a month and that won't get you very far :)

Old 04-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Newbie Member

NPDOR is good and their surveys are quite easy
They however reward only by sweepstakes - but there are lot of winners every month

Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakri
NPDOR is good and their surveys are quite easy
They however reward only by sweepstakes - but there are lot of winners every month
This is a big misconception.. Their screeners often lead to paid studies.. you can't find this out without taking the screener though!

Old 04-28-2007, 12:16 PM
junk1955

Katie, if you work at home? How do you have time to answer so many questions on this forum? You constantly post an answer?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: NPD Online Research- is this real???? please h

In my experience, it's a waste of time. I was not ever able to log-in to a survey. After many emails to the company I never got a useful response. It didn't look like you could make a significant amount of money anyway. The worst thing was that I was buried in spam after signing up and of course most of them have no unsubscribe link.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 PM

What I did was aign up to 5-7 survey sites. Which givesme about 3-7 survyes a day to take. Probably for me with the amount of time I have the seet spot about be to sing up to 10 survey sites. That would give me enough to stay busy but not too busy. At that pace I could get enough surveys from all the sites to save up about 500 in 4 or 5 months then take that money and buy a big ticket item that is basically for free. I am going to do that. SincE I am in the marktet for a LCD TV I am saving up to buy one from amazon since most survey sites that dont do cash will do amazon gift certs. After the LCD not sure what I am going to save for.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CER View Post
In my experience, it's a waste of time. I was not ever able to log-in to a survey. After many emails to the company I never got a useful response. It didn't look like you could make a significant amount of money anyway. The worst thing was that I was buried in spam after signing up and of course most of them have no unsubscribe link.
If you were getting spam, you were signed up to the offer sites and not the real survey sites. Makes a big difference.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

NO NPD Research is far from a scam! They are not a survery company that pays you a buck to do a survey either. NPD Research is a market research company that uses the data from the surveys they produce to inform large companies what the consumers are thinking. This can effect the way products are made or how they look. When you take their surveys NPD Research does give you points that can be used to enter and win contests so you do get something out of it other then telling companies how to change their products.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I completed a survey a few days ago and was waiting for more to come, but nothing has come. When I try to log on to the website, I can't get through. Have I been scammed?

Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I completed a survey a few days ago and was waiting for more to come, but nothing has come. When I try to log on to the website, I can't get through. Have I been scammed?

Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Newbie Member

Why would anyone think that something you do not ever have to pay for would be a scam???

Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 AM

Nope you haven't been scammed. Survey sites do not send surveys everyday. Some don't even send them every month. This is why you need to join all the legit survey sites. It will keep a steady flow of opportunities coming in.