report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
kellym

Rebate processing

Anyone hear of rebate processing. because they have an ad on this site???

Thanks,

Kelly

Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Rebate processing

Bogus.
Rebate Processing is handled by DSM (Dark, Satanic and Mills) Inc., in large processing offices located in Scottsdale, AZ (for tax purposes).
Anyone offering this "gig" as a WAH opportunity, is just running an Electifical E-nvelope Stuffing scam.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Diamond Member

Today all paper processing(mail, rebate, coupons) is so automated, that if you see word "processing" in advertisement for work at home opportunity you should know that it is a scam.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 AM
Platinum Member

Most work at home rebate processing jobs are scams which could land you in jail

Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

There is a company here in Arizona that I, and a lot of other Work at home mom's, have worked for. It used to be in Scottsdale and is now in Tempe, AZ. Their name is Continental Promotions Group (CPG). I processed rebates for them for a few months. The work was very time consuming because I had to check all of the UPCs and make sure the rebate had all of the correct info, then fill out the form. Back then the info was stored on a floppy disk and returned to CPG with the rebate envelopes. Then I would pick up another bunch of rebates. A lot of these were for electronics, items at warehouse stores, etc... We were paid by the piece.

Anyway, I have a great work at home job now and do not work for CPG. Data entry is not my thing, especially since I live too far away from Tempe to make the job worth it

CPG is legit. You have to train on-site and show up to pick up and drop off work. If you don't do the work you'll get fired. Just like a real job, except you are an independent contractor.

There are other data entry ads who ask you to send a check and SASE, those are scams for sure!!! As far as I know CPG is the only legit data entry jobs that has anything to do with envelopes! LOL

Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

After 6 years of investing money in online work at home businesses
and not making one cent!! Finally I feel that I have found my first
honest work at home job as a independent contractor. The name of the company is GMI Enterprises. They send you a package with all the information to become a Refund Processor. Also if you decide it is not
what you want you get 100% refund. I give it a thumb's up!:)

Last edited by SecondHandRose : 04-07-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96
Today all paper processing(mail, rebate, coupons) is so automated, that if you see word "processing" in advertisement for work at home opportunity you should know that it is a scam.
I was a little bit fast on a trigger. There are some legitimate rebate work.

As Jenzshoppin mentioned there are a few coupon processing jobs. They are not easy because you will be dealing with damaged coupons(rest are sorted by machine). And legitimate company will not ask you money upfront for useless booklet and then leave to dry. They are true jobs and not "opportunities".

There is also FHA insurance rebate "jobs". They are legal, but owners of rebate are not recommended by the government to use intermediaries. If you suspect that FHA owns you money, you can always go to FHA website and get rebate yourself. This way you do not have to pay commissions. I suspect SecondHandRose is talking about FHA processing "job".

Old 04-12-2007, 06:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello,
Yes Kellym there are online work at home businesses that are not scams.
Lon Lindsay, is very active in anti-scams online businesses. Go to his
web-site answer is quiz honestly and he will recommend what is best for
you. The answer too refund processing, I am very happy for the first time in six years. Yes people can go to F.H.A. to avoid the fee. I myself tried going to H.U.D. to get a free listing. There is so much red tape involved. H.U.D. and F.H.A. you have to mail them a check inorder to get the state's listing. Now if H.U.D. and F.H.A. require's for you to mail them a check to get a public listing. I guess that mean's they too are running an illegal business(just to make a point that these agencies wouldn't be involved in anything illegal). Making money on the internet is hard work, any job that pay's well whether it is an office job, or an independent contractor, work-at-home, require's dedication, self desipline, and being able to work hard. " I don't know of any business that paid's well for easy work do you?" :)

Last edited by SecondHandRose : 04-12-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

Does anyone else know about what Secondhandrose is talking about? Can you do this in Canada? Secondhandrose, what website are you talking about?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

SecondHandRose, I have a question. How long have you worked for GMI Processing and How long does it take to process a FHA refund? Where did you find information on GMI Processing to find out if they were legit or not? I need you help if at all possible. I would love to do this kind of work but it seems to good to be true. Help please.

Thanks

Rachael

Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Just signed up with GMI. Hope it is not a scam. Your words gave me hope.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

What site did you go to. I'm searching for GMI and found a site where you call 888-225-0068 and the recorded information says it cost $69 to get the list and you can make $400 - 600 per person you contact. The website was http://refundhelp.net/

Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi -

I just got a call from GMI Enterprises. I asked if they report to the better business bureau and they said "no, we work for the government so we don't report".

Has anyone made any money working or starting with GMI? And how much time and effort is needed to do so?

Should I do this or not?

Please someone respond that has done it.

Thank you,

Libby

Old 11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby99 View Post

I just got a call from GMI Enterprises. I asked if they report to the better business bureau and they said "no, we work for the government so we don't report".

Libby
How naive can you be? If they say they are working for the government, it is a scam. There is no chance they are affiliated with govenment.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Newbie Member

Hi

I also called GMI Enterprises and listen but didn't sign up. I notice a few posts saying that some of you signed up. Did you make any money and how soon did you start making money? If you didn't make any money were you able to get a refund? Was it easy to find people to send the letters to? Thanks for your help.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondHandRose View Post
After 6 years of investing money in online work at home businesses

and not making one cent!! Finally I feel that I have found my first
honest work at home job as a independent contractor. The name of the company is GMI Enterprises. They send you a package with all the information to become a Refund Processor. Also if you decide it is not

what you want you get 100% refund. I give it a thumb's up!:)
It is re-assuring to see your post, how long did it take for you to receive your first check after processing?

Old 11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
consultant

Is GMI legite?..I dont mind paying the $79 to help me get on my feet quicker as long as they are REAL. How long does it take for them to pay you?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

so i guest it is fake. since nobody answered