report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Messed up Justice system

Just to share how screwed up our justice system is here now. On April 6, my 15 yr daughter and I will have to go to court for school Tardies. Not absences but tardies. Tardies I wasn't even aware of since the kid rides a bus to school.

They have time to prosecute people who are supposedly late to school or class and fine them but they can't put liars in prison?

LOL, ONLY in America!

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Messed up Justice system

Why are you blaming the justice system for your daughter being late for school?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franKg
Why are you blaming the justice system for your daughter being late for school?

I'm not frankie. I just find it ironic that they can have a court proceeding over it when so many serious things are left in limbo and waiting. Of course, they will get to collect a nice little fine for having it because I can't prove she made it to every class on time in a school day.

This kind of stuff used to be handled inside the school with detention. Now I guess we go to court over it. What next?

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Supreme Adjudicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask
I'm not frankie. I just find it ironic that they can have a court proceeding over it when so many serious things are left in limbo and waiting. Of course, they will get to collect a nice little fine for having it because I can't prove she made it to every class on time in a school day.

This kind of stuff used to be handled inside the school with detention. Now I guess we go to court over it. What next?

Lady Mod
You know this is just another way for your lovely government to tax you... :eek:

Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

Even better yet why is the court wasting more tax payer dollars, to complain to the parent about wasted tax dollars, when detention from lunch hour, or picking up trash on a pretty Saturday, and/or parents grounding the child, will send the message??

This is obviously something that needs to be solved in house without the courts being involved. Unless you are a parent who feels your child can do no wrong, and thinks that punishment somehow constitutes abuse?? You better kick that kid in the butt (not literally) sojustask, or your gonna wind up doing time, for her mistakes?? ;)

We got some bone head state rep who wants to make it illegal to miss a parent/teacher conference, even if there is no need for the conference other than to say your child is doing fine?? Most teacher conferences here are scheduled during the day, so you have to miss work and get your boss mad at you as well!! If a problem exists I can see the need, but to make a parent loose a couple hours of work and get on the bad side of their employer, so they can tell you what a good kid you got, is ridiculous, and a waste of time for all involved!

I remember when I was young we moved a lot. Most schools allowed parents to choose from several times during the day or after school to accommodate all schedules. One school I went too, the teacher would come to your home, at their convenience, so they could "inspect" the environment? Another school, had a novel idea, they only had conferences for kids who were doing bad, go figure??

Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Just to share how screwed up our justice system is here now. On April 6, my 15 yr daughter and I will have to go to court for school Tardies. Not absences but tardies. Tardies I wasn't even aware of since the kid rides a bus to school.

They have time to prosecute people who are supposedly late to school or class and fine them but they can't put liars in prison?

LOL, ONLY in America!

Lady Mod

it is because it feeds the goverenment. The goverenment is TOO BIG!! The goverenment is taking over parenting along with everything else. THIS IS A SHAM!!

Fight it, and if I was you and I was brought to court for this, I would ***** and complain and tell those fools exactly what I think of them. They would never invite me back to court for tardies. I promise you that.

National Taxes, National Borders!!

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member

Ronald;
Quote:
Fight it, and if I was you and I was brought to court for this, I would ***** and complain and tell those fools exactly what I think of them. They would never invite me back to court for tardies. I promise you that.
Yea go for bigger and better charges like contempt of court? That will teach 'em??? Why don't ya throw something at the judge while your there, no need in going about it half arsed!!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quertol
You know this is just another way for your lovely government to tax you... :eek:
LOL. Isn't it your lovely government too? Wait until your two kids are in highschool. Imagine what ridiculous things you can be brought to court over by that time?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Supreme Adjudicator

Quote:
LOL. Isn't it your lovely government too? Wait until your two kids are in highschool. Imagine what ridiculous things you can be brought to court over by that time?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lady Mod
The joys of parenting...

I hope that I will be able to have my children either home schooled or in a private school by the time they are that age...

Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quertol
The joys of parenting...

I hope that I will be able to have my children either home schooled or in a private school by the time they are that age...

Try for home schooling. Home schooled kids are being courted by the big universities with scholarships and stuff much more so now than main stream schooled kids are. I heard that on the radio the other day and thought it a good sign.

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Asking Questions is a Good Thing

Quote:

LOL, ONLY in America!

Lady Mod
Hi LM,

I'm curious... did the principal's office notify you that your daughter was accumulating an unacceptable number of tardies? - how did you find out exactly?

Did she have to get a pass from the office before she was allowed into the classroom she was late for?

If you don't mind my asking, how many tardies did she have and in what time frame?

Granted.. it is your daughter's reponsibility to get her butt to class on time! - no doubt about it. But around here, unless the parent calls in and tells the school the child will late or absent, it is the responsibility of the school to contact the parent to see where that child is.... because once the kid gets on the bus, or as soon as the first bell rings - the school is responsible for their whereabouts.

If they didn't get a call from you, and she didn't show up for a pass to get into class - they should have been calling you to see where she was. Otherwise, God forbid, she could have been abducted after she got off the bus on school property - and you wouldn't know anything about it until she didn't come after school...... that's a long time. :eek:

Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:

LOL, ONLY in America!

Lady Mod
My son has a gym class right before a Chemistry class that has a teacher who will write the kids up if they're literally 2 seconds late. Every day he has gym class, I get a call from the school's robotic call center telling me my son missed class. I eventually got called in to discuss these absences and discovered he had a B average and that although the school had him down as absent, he was just late. He never missed a class. I discussed this with the Principal, but "policy is policy". Late is just the same as absent. Go figure!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
Hi LM,

I'm curious... did the principal's office notify you that your daughter was accumulating an unacceptable number of tardies? - how did you find out exactly?

Did she have to get a pass from the office before she was allowed into the classroom she was late for?

If you don't mind my asking, how many tardies did she have and in what time frame?

Granted.. it is your daughter's reponsibility to get her butt to class on time! - no doubt about it. But around here, unless the parent calls in and tells the school the child will late or absent, it is the responsibility of the school to contact the parent to see where that child is.... because once the kid gets on the bus, or as soon as the first bell rings - the school is responsible for their whereabouts.

If they didn't get a call from you, and she didn't show up for a pass to get into class - they should have been calling you to see where she was. Otherwise, God forbid, she could have been abducted after she got off the bus on school property - and you wouldn't know anything about it until she didn't come after school...... that's a long time. :eek:
The only things I knew of where she was supposedly abent were the classes in the middle of the day and I wouldn't have known about those except her principal found them the day we were transferring her to a different school. At that time it was supposed to have been taken care of (corrected) and removed from the system.

Then a month or two later I got a letter in the mail about it and I called the person I was told to call in the letter and got their voicemail. Explained that the principal had said she was removing the absenses and my daughter had transferred. Left my number at home and work and never heard back from them.

Hell, even the summons didn't say what it was about, I had to call the court to find out. There were 29 absenses but I could account for 9 on them and the rest were just weird times and we figures (the principal and I) that they must have been tardies or something. Anyway, since we were transferring her to a different school it shouldn't have been a problem and could be removed.

Apparently not.

The schools here are supposed to call. They never do in the highschool.

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Late is just the same as absent. Go figure!
Same here. Totally stupid isn't it?

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Supreme Adjudicator

Hmmm... My Junior year of High School, I skipped the entire 2nd semester of my chemistry class... My teacher was boring (ever see Ferris Beuler's Day off...) and I didn't need the class... My parents never even got a letter sent home...

Old 03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Late is just the same as absent. Go figure!
No wonder kids are having a hard time in school? How can they teach the meanings of words if the school doesn't understand the meanings of words??

It's all about the money, might as well be a slaughter house!

The city of San Antonio TX, has so many kids (illegal most likely) on the free lunch program, it is cheaper to give all the kids free lunches than to pay someone to go through the forms and decide who is/isn't eligible?? That's right the millionaires kids eat for free same as the ones here illegally??

Only in America! With logic like that why aren't we all getting a welfare check every month?? ;)

Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Supreme Adjudicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack

Only in America! With logic like that why aren't we all getting a welfare check every month?? ;)
There are quite a few politicians that would love to run on just such an issue...

Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quertol;
Quote:
There are quite a few politicians that would love to run on just such an issue...
I here ya! The sad thing is that in some areas, in the long run, it "would" actually save money, to shut the welfare offices down and just send out money??