report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Bronze Member

Chartwell Finance LTD

Has anyone heard of or used this program...Chartwell Finance LTD. Their website is www.chartwellfinance.com and they are a direct lender.

They provide personl loans, auto loans and mortgage loans. They are out of New York, have a fax number, telephone number and street address.

I called the telephone number, just to see if a live person would answer or if it was a recording. A young lady answered and told me how the company works, which I already knew from reading the website. The website says they have been providing this service since 1997.

I could not find anything for or against them at the BBB. I googled them, but nothing comes up except their advertisement. I also noticed there are other Chartwell's listed on Google, but the one I am asking about goes under Chartwell Finance LTD.

Anyway, I filled out the application and have been approved for a loan of $5000 at 9.50% with a repayment of $105.01 over a period of 5 years.

Now here is where the "red flag" comes up. Before I can get the loan they want a $450.00 payment which covers insurance and coverage against any late payments.

If there are any other ways to check them out on the web, or if anyone has had any personal experience with this company, please let me know.

I have not signed anything as yet.

Thanks,
need2know

Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 AM

Re: Chartwell Finance LTD www.chartwellFinance.com

Without any doubts this is a scam. The WhoIs Listing should also be your guide in making any decision. This doesn't tell you who is the rightful owner. No listing.

Furthermore, see related link:
ScamFraudAlert.com

WhoIs Lookup performed by Karen's WhoIs
http://www.karenware.com/

Domain Name: WWW.CHARTWELLFINANCE.COM
Registrar: ABACUS AMERICA, INC. DBA NAMES4EVER
Whois Server: whois.names4ever.com
Referral URL: http://www.names4ever.com
Name Server: NS1.LINUXSERVER30.COM
Name Server: NS2.LINUXSERVER30.COM
Updated Date: 27-sep-2006
Creation Date: 27-sep-2006
Expiration Date: 27-sep-2007

Last update of whois database: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:32:41 EST <<<

Domain name: www.chartwellfinance.com
Registrant:

Domain Listing Agent (NRPDB) chartwellfinance.com@domainlistingagent.com
PO Box 927010
San Diego, CA 92192-7010
United States
Phone: +1 (858) 731-1701

Record last updated on 2006-09-26 00:00:00
Record created on 2006-09-26 00:00:00
Record expires on 2007-09-26 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.linuxserver30.com
ns2.linuxserver30.com

Registration Service Provider: AplusNet(APRO)
apro-n4e-racc@abac.com
http://www.aplus.net

Registrar: NAMES4EVER, http://www.names4ever.com

Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Diamond Member

Re: Chartwell Finance LTD

I posted it in detail in other thread you started. It is a scam. Their address is fake. Their website is brand new. And upfront fee from direct lender is illegal.