report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

American Consumer Opinion??????

Is anyone familiar with this survey website? Is it reliable or a scam like most of them?

Thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Silver Member

Re: American Consumer Opinion??????

They seem to be legit, I've only gotten a few surveys from them and completed a 4$ one and I'm waiting on it to arrive in the mail. If it does I'll post it here that they do pay.
It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

They are very legitimate, good and have been around a long time. You won't get spam from them and they do pay.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Silver Member

yeah they are a good company. You might not make much money but you'll get what you earn

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

Old 02-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Newbie Member

You can make a few bucks off em and perhaps get a free coffee cup or trinket once in awhile.
They are legit.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Silver Member

and they send you a nice little birthday e-card ^^
It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Information is Power

I've been a member for over 4 years and have been very happy. That is why I refer people to them on my website. They pay on time and when I send an email with a question someone actually writes you back.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Silver Member

Hmm, it's been over 4 weeks since that $4.00 survey I completed passed. Hopefully my check will arrive in the mail tomorrow. If not, guess I gotta go search down their email to inquire about it. Has anyone done that? Do they respond pretty quickly? I know survey spot does - well they don't respond back but a few days after emailing them I see the money deposited.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Where Cooking is Easy & Families are Valued

They are legit. Most surveys do not pay much and I haven't done any surveys for them in a long time. Probably because of email changes but I was a member in the past. Some surveys will pay more but those are often focus groups, may have telephone surveys involved if you want to participate, and some could even be conference calls with others involved as well.

It doesn't hurt to join but I wouldn't count on it for steady income. It all depends on the different "answers" that you give that apply to you. The company does surveys for other companies doing marketing research and involves the people that fit the criteria that the company needs. Make sense? So you could qualify for some surveys but not others. For example, if you don't smoke, a nicorette type company is not going to want to know your opinion if they are promoting products to help people quite or see if you would use their product.

Terri

Old 02-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Where Cooking is Easy & Families are Valued

I forgot to mention. This company is legit and there are many other legit survey companies as well.

However, there are also lots of companies that you can "pay" to get a list of survey companies to sign up with. I wouldn't pay to find companies. You can find them on your own. Some survey companies that you could join want to give you points only that you can redeem for different things (not a problem), but some have a lot of "offers" that you have to sign up for to earn things like free TV's, LCD Screens, and what not. I do not like to participate in those kinds of survey companies. I don't have time to try six or so different things (2 from each "page") and rate their service over months...plus I may not really need half of the services they want me to try and would just be spending extra money.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Good information except that legitimate survey sites NEVER ask you to complete an offer..

Old 02-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been with them for quite a while. Seems like surveys have really picked up this year. I have had a $25.00 this month along with a $6.00 one. I have received both checks.

They are truly legit.

Bobby

Old 12-15-2009, 07:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

TOTAL SCAM SITE. I JOINED 6 WEEKS AGO TO THIS SITE AND EARNED $18.00. WHEN I WENT TO REQUEST A CHECK, THEY DELETED MY ACCOUNT.

I SAVED ALL SURVEY ENTRY LINKS TO ALL THE SURVEYS I PARTICIPATED IN. ALSO THE INVITATION LINK, THE SPONSOR OF EACH SURVEY AND THE FINAL LINK THAT INFORMED ME THAT MY ACCOUNT WILL BE CREDITED WITHIN TWO WEEKS.

ANNE PARKS, THE VP DENIED ALL PROOF THAT I PROVIDED HER DISPITE PHONE CALLS TO HER OFFICE. THIS SITE IS A TOTAL SCAM . . . DON'T BOTHER TO BE SUCKERED INTO THIS SITE AS I DID.

Paul Stenzel

Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 AM

I don't know how you can call them a scam when you have six other people here saying they are good.

I personally joined them almost 12 years ago. They were the very first survey company I joined. I have never had a problem with them.

I think it would be more fair and honest to say that you yourself didn't have a good experience with them. That does not make them a scam company though.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have a question for anyone who has been a member for more than a year. What's involved as far as taxes go? I'm interested in joining, but I know most "work from home" jobs consider you an independent contractor. Though I'm almost certain you don't have to claim if you make under a set amount. I stay home and take care of my gram while my aunt is at work so I don't need much money, just enough so I can go out and have some fun every once in awhile. So this seems like a good option for me, I just don't want to join if there's a lot involved as far as taxes go.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Newbie Member

I have been a member for quite a few years. They do not give many surveys, but they do payout!

Last edited by axleskat : 06-04-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Filling out surveys is legit, but it takes a lot of time for what you get out of it, I like the ones were you get points for scanning groceries, doesn't take long to do and I have gotten some very nice things I would not have been able to purchse.

Last edited by bizbee : 06-04-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM

If you make over a certain amount (I believe it is $500 or $600) with any one company in a year, they are required to report it and will usually send you a 1099. The chances that you will make that much with ONE company are pretty slim.

This is one of the reasons it's good to be signed up with as many legit sites as possible if you want to make some extra money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameojameo View Post
I have a question for anyone who has been a member for more than a year. What's involved as far as taxes go? I'm interested in joining, but I know most "work from home" jobs consider you an independent contractor. Though I'm almost certain you don't have to claim if you make under a set amount. I stay home and take care of my gram while my aunt is at work so I don't need much money, just enough so I can go out and have some fun every once in awhile. So this seems like a good option for me, I just don't want to join if there's a lot involved as far as taxes go.