report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
mike401 mike401 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Our 2nd Amendment Right

It was written by our ForFathers into Law and is our God given right, Then Why are these Polititions and Activist groups chipping away at it? American Citizens have this unalienable right, they should be going after the criminals, gangs, organized crime, etc. I like the messege their trying to send us at the U.N, in front of the building as you enter, theirs a statue of a pistol with its barrel twisted in a knot, Lets not ban our Arms, just go after these criminals, Whats next, to try and ban Baseball bats or Kitchen Knives? Those can be used to assalt someone too, they could be considered weapons, but their not, only when used to harm someone. Lets vote for the right person for Office, not based on their Party and join Groups like the NRA, ACLJ, (not aclu), and support our Constitution, Amendments, Bill of Rights. Lets stay American, and Beware of the main stream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, they can distort the truth and are edited and monitored by the FCC(Federal Communication Commision)


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM
soulbro's Avatar
soulbro soulbro is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,377
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike401
It was written by our ForFathers into Law and is our God given right, Then Why are these Polititions and Activist groups chipping away at it? American Citizens have this unalienable right, they should be going after the criminals, gangs, organized crime, etc. I like the messege their trying to send us at the U.N, in front of the building as you enter, theirs a statue of a pistol with its barrel twisted in a knot, Lets not ban our Arms, just go after these criminals, Whats next, to try and ban Baseball bats or Kitchen Knives? Those can be used to assalt someone too, they could be considered weapons, but their not, only when used to harm someone. Lets vote for the right person for Office, not based on their Party and join Groups like the NRA, ACLJ, (not aclu), and support our Constitution, Amendments, Bill of Rights. Lets stay American, and Beware of the main stream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, they can distort the truth and are edited and monitored by the FCC(Federal Communication Commision)
AMAN lets do it before its too late! hang um by the balls till they sqeek
:eek: but be nice, remember we doing it to some of scams elite, so be sorta nice.




Last edited by soulbro : 02-19-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Parcival Parcival is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 228
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike401
I like the messege their trying to send us at the U.N, in front of the building as you enter, theirs a statue of a pistol with its barrel twisted in a knot,
I like that message, too. Beating a sword into a plowshare is a much less powerful image.

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
mike401 mike401 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
I like that message, too. Beating a sword into a plowshare is a much less powerful image.
. What does that mean, what are you saying.



Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-25-2007, 05:12 AM
dr poormouth's Avatar
dr poormouth dr poormouth is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Planet Gong
Posts: 1,083
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Parsifal is just remindin y'all, that when you have entered into Siege Perilous, slaughtered all therein, and thrown down the Keep stone from stone, you will want to plow the land with salt.
You'll need plowshares for that, junior.

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 AM
bogie's Avatar
bogie bogie is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,553
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike401
It was written by our ForFathers into Law and is our God given right, Then Why are these Polititions and Activist groups chipping away at it? American Citizens have this unalienable right, they should be going after the criminals, gangs, organized crime, etc. I like the messege their trying to send us at the U.N, in front of the building as you enter, theirs a statue of a pistol with its barrel twisted in a knot, Lets not ban our Arms, just go after these criminals, Whats next, to try and ban Baseball bats or Kitchen Knives? Those can be used to assalt someone too, they could be considered weapons, but their not, only when used to harm someone. Lets vote for the right person for Office, not based on their Party and join Groups like the NRA, ACLJ, (not aclu), and support our Constitution, Amendments, Bill of Rights. Lets stay American, and Beware of the main stream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, they can distort the truth and are edited and monitored by the FCC(Federal Communication Commision)
Surely you are not suggesting that the 2nd amendment gives an individual the right to own a weapon of any type, right? Or that the amendment even mentions individuals. Right? Please say I'm right.
__________________
The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Parcival Parcival is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 228
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr poormouth
Parsifal is just remindin y'all, that when you have entered into Siege Perilous, slaughtered all therein, and thrown down the Keep stone from stone, you will want to plow the land with salt.
Or not. .

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Logjam's Avatar
Logjam Logjam is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 925
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Just remember the axiom: More Guns Less Crime. It's true. It's been proven. The inverse is also true: Fewer Guns, More Crime.

In states were gun ownership is widespread gun crime is low. In places where legal gunownership is low crime is high. Furthermore most victims of gun crime have criminal records and 55% of murder victims know their killers. So crime and criminals breeds crime; and it's associated high murder rates.

Outside of the big cities violent crime in the US is rare. Most of us never see a man with a drawn pistol in our entire lives. Except on TV, or on the movies that is.

For obvious reasons criminals prefer to attack unarmed people. Furthermore honest people, armed or not, do not commit crimes. It's too bad that the liberals don't understand these very real facts. They somehow think that guns go off by themselves. They do not, and they are only dangerous in the hands of a criminal.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 02-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Logjam's Avatar
Logjam Logjam is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 925
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr poormouth
Parsifal is just remindin y'all, that when you have entered into Siege Perilous, slaughtered all therein, and thrown down the Keep stone from stone, you will want to plow the land with salt.
You'll need plowshares for that, junior.
Huh? :confused:

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Parcival Parcival is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 228
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
In states were gun ownership is widespread gun crime is low. In places where legal gunownership is low crime is high.
What's your source for that information?

The author of the paper found at http://www.brookings.edu/press/books...ggunpolicy.pdf clearly believes that at least one aspect of the proposition, that concealed carry laws reduce crime, has not been proven.

Quote:
It's too bad that the liberals don't understand these very real facts. They somehow think that guns go off by themselves.
Really? I'd love to see anything published by a liberal, by which I assume you mean a gun control advocate regardless of his actual politics, stating that guns go off by themselves as a matter of course. Discussions of gun policy are complicated enough without the mischaracterization your opponents' positions.


Last edited by Parcival : 02-28-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Parcival Parcival is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 228
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
... they are only dangerous in the hands of a criminal.
Where I live criminals tend to hide the fact that they are criminals. So even if it were true that guns are dangerous only in the hands of a criminal, it isn't clear what knowing that does for us. Actually, one thing does come to mind. We need to regulate guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

But we also need to keep them out of the hands of children. As a practical matter, that means we have to keep them out of the hands of irresponsible parents (and uncles, big brothers, etc.). The most obvious way to do that is with some form of gun control.

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-28-2007, 03:15 AM
soulbro's Avatar
soulbro soulbro is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,377
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

one things certain parcrawl, big brother damn sure does not like the fact that America is still armed like the wild west. In that sense Yes, the land of the free isn't going to sit back and welcome the new world order with out a fight, so guns are a big asset, plus it keeps guys like you in check. :cool:

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Patrick in California Patrick in California is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 143
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcival
Where I live criminals tend to hide the fact that they are criminals. So even if it were true that guns are dangerous only in the hands of a criminal, it isn't clear what knowing that does for us. Actually, one thing does come to mind. We need to regulate guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

But we also need to keep them out of the hands of children. As a practical matter, that means we have to keep them out of the hands of irresponsible parents (and uncles, big brothers, etc.). The most obvious way to do that is with some form of gun control.

I thought "criminals" did NOT OBEY the law.

So what good does it do to pass laws "keep them out of the hands of criminals"?
__________________
Patrick in California

http://www.travelpropower.com/paradoxmagnus

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."--Peter Ustinov

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Patrick in California Patrick in California is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 143
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie
Surely you are not suggesting that the 2nd amendment gives an individual the right to own a weapon of any type, right? Or that the amendment even mentions individuals. Right? Please say I'm right.
Here is what the DOJ said on the subject.

"The Second Amendment secures a right of individuals generally, not a right of States or a right restricted to persons serving in militias." MEMORANDUM OPINION FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, August 24, 2004

http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
__________________
Patrick in California

http://www.travelpropower.com/paradoxmagnus

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."--Peter Ustinov

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
bogie's Avatar
bogie bogie is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,553
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick in California
Here is what the DOJ said on the subject.

"The Second Amendment secures a right of individuals generally, not a right of States or a right restricted to persons serving in militias." MEMORANDUM OPINION FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, August 24, 2004

http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
Of course the AG's opinion doesn't really count. The supreme court and numerous lower courts disagree. And only the judicial branch, not the executive branch which employs the attorney general, has the power to interpret the laws or the constitution.
__________________
The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Patrick in California Patrick in California is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 143
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie
Of course the AG's opinion doesn't really count. The supreme court and numerous lower courts disagree. And only the judicial branch, not the executive branch which employs the attorney general, has the power to interpret the laws or the constitution.
WHAT SUPREME COURT decision are you referring to?
__________________
Patrick in California

http://www.travelpropower.com/paradoxmagnus

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."--Peter Ustinov

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
bogie's Avatar
bogie bogie is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,553
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick in California
WHAT SUPREME COURT decision are you referring to?
Cases v. United States
Hickman v. Block
Lewis v. United States
Barrett v. United States
Scarborough v. United States
United States v. Bass

Do I need to list federal district court cases too? This argument is easy to put to the test. Simply carry an assault rifle on to a california school yard in the open and see if you as an individual can get your subsequent fire arms felony convition thrown out on appeal. :)
__________________
The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.


Last edited by bogie : 03-07-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
bogie's Avatar
bogie bogie is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,553
Re: Our 2nd Amendment Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick in California
I thought "criminals" did NOT OBEY the law.

So what good does it do to pass laws "keep them out of the hands of criminals"?
Drunk drivers likewise don't obey the law. Are you suggesting that DUI laws should be abolsished? How about tax laws, securities fraud laws? I don't want the government envolved in our lives any more than necessary but the public does need some protection.
__________________
The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chalk one up for the first Amendment! SnappyDan Political Chat 4 06-17-2011 01:07 PM
2nd Amendment in action! SnappyDan Political Chat 9 01-20-2011 05:37 AM
An example of why the second amendment rocks! Grim17 Political Chat 2 02-15-2008 06:53 PM
Will the First Amendment be revised? PaulM Political Chat 49 07-10-2007 01:18 PM
2nd Amendment ShiningGlory Political Chat 9 01-17-2007 12:10 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.