report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Serenity

www.accountnow.com

just wanted to know if this website is for real or a fakey? anyone who knows, please let me know. thanks!

Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: www.accountnow.com

I have been using this card since october and its actually not a scam. I got my card in the mail and activated and put my direct deposits on the card.... the only thing that sucks is that if you want to put cash on the card you have to go to a moneygram location and do it. Good if your trying to build credit... check out their credit builder

Check it out..... :)

Old 03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Diamond Member

Is not it easier to get debit card from your bank?

Old 03-04-2007, 04:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Not to worry, it's the real thing, just like they say, there is one little hassle AND THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DEPOSIT OTHER THEN YOUR EMPLOYEE DIRECT NDEPOSIT , YOU HAVE TO MONEY GRAM IT. I'VE HAD IT FOR A YEAR NOW AND IM PLEASED

Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsun67
just wanted to know if this website is for real or a fakey? anyone who knows, please let me know. thanks!
I HAVE BEEN USING ACCOUNTNOW FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS
:)

Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

well i hope like hell this is not a scam.....i just hired on with a large oil drilling company....my whole check will be going to this new account every 2 weeks
someone please post some good news

A.Retired Musician

Old 04-08-2007, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Use Credit Card option when buying

Save yourself some money using this card by NOT using the PIN option when making purchases. Always use it as a credit card, and it will save you 50 cents per transaction. If you don't know how to do this, hit the "Cancel" button on the key pad when it asks for your PIN. It will then process as a credit card, but it won't buy you any time as far as withdrawing money from your account is concerned. All transactions are processed real time into your account. :cool:

Old 04-08-2007, 04:40 AM
m33cain

I recently received my card in the mail but, I have not put money on it yet and I have not used it yet, either. I am just nervour that, If I put my money on the card that, when I go use it, the money will not be on the card. As you can see this is my first time having one of these cards. Someone please tell me that, accountnow is a legal and great company to ease my worries about putting money on the card because, I really want to use it. Also, I wanted to know can this card be used anywhere in South and North Carolina at any store and restaurant?

Last edited by m33cain : 04-08-2007 at 04:43 AM.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:50 AM
m33cain

I just want to know, if I can use the card anywhere in South and North Carolina at any store and restaurant? And is AccountNow a legal and good company because, I want to use my card that I recently got in the mail?

Old 05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've had accountnow for about 6 mos. No problems. My two monthly direct deposits go thru without a hitch.

The card will work any place that accepts MasterCard. I even used it in Germany. I live in SC and it works just fine, even at McDonalds.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Newbie Member

My son's been using Accountnow for approx. 2 years without any problems whatsoever. He bounced too many checks so the bank canceled his account and placed him on the chex system, penalized him for 3 years I believe. Accountnow does require your social security number and they are a brick and mortar bank owned by Metabank.
They offer the Vantage Mastercard debit card is issued by First Federal Savings Bank of the Midwest.

http://www.metabankonline.com/Main.a...e=Terms_of_Use

Though I prefer Bricks and mortar banks unless your on the chex systems and can't obtain a bank account.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have had the mastercard and the visa one for bills and one for spending. No problems with either and i deposit quite a bit on the mastercard. I have referred everyone i know without a bank account to accountnow. Its a great option for those with out a checking account! :)

Old 07-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i also have an account with account now and if you dont like the moneygram idea you can always get the money pak.. i use it and then all you have to do is call in and load your deposit on your account now card. works great for me when i need to make a cash deposit. :)

Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i also have this card. i have only had it for a few weeks. i was not aware of the 29.95 start up fee for the card. also there is a 9.95 fee every month and also when you buy the money pack, it is 4.95 plus the money you are going to put on the card. I think this is alot of fees just to use this card. i also have one from Cashland. i purchased the card for 9.95 and only pay 1.00 every time i use it. i much prefer this one that the account now

Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

:shocked:

How's this:

I bought two green dot money pak's for my account now card, $500 each, redeemed them, and Accountnow froze my account saying that there was suspicious activity. The notes on my account advised their risk department NOT to talk to me. Their call center refused to put me on the line with risk and wouldn't put me on with a manage.

The kicker is, they questioned the validity of the deposit. Prepaid card questioning cash deposits? Three hours of phone calls got me nowhere.

Avoid them at all costs. Wiredplastic is much better.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My direct deposit just went in on this card. I was charged 29.95 for the credit builder, but why can't I see how much I have left from the deposit? I am very scared that this is a scam.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For all of you to know! Accountnow has messed up this weekend. Their moneygram deposits are messed up. They have promised to fix it and caused me to not have no money all weekend. They have no 24 hr support and they have no weekend agents. I hsve no way of getting my money. My husband wired the money to my account on friday afternoon so I can book a flight for a family funeral and I never could go because the money never posted. We couldn't even send flowers. I also can not go to work because they have all our money. They still, all weekend, have not fixed the problem..anyone else have the problem??:frustrated:

Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

hey all, i have been using the services of accountnow since 2004. i have not had any issues with this card since i have been using it for my compensation disability check. i have tried other banking methods but always come back to my accountnow account. there are a few things that consumers need to know about this card. the card does come with a monthly service charge regardless of direct deposit. if you read the agreement it states that the activation fee of $9.95 is refunded after direct deposit is done on the account. actually the consumer has to have a continuous direct deposit for at least two paychecks/benefits check. cash on the other hand has to be deposited through western union, moneygram or greendot money pak. western union will allow for free deposits of $300 or more. depending on the card plan that you apply for you may have a few fees that you are not anticipating with this card. the new plans are the classic and the premium plans. if you go to www.accountnow.com you will be able to review the differences between the two plans under pricing and fees at the bottom of the page. if you have any questions you can always email me and i will answer them to the best of my ability..lvscats63@yahoo.com. i use to work for accountnow.