report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Diamond Member

Army ray gun

Just read an article, no I won't post it here, do your own research, about a new non lethal ray gun that the US military is developing. When fired at a combatant, it will momentarily send his body temperature to about 130 degrees, totally incapacitating him. In a few seconds he'll be ok but unable to fight for a while. When we get this thing into service I suspect this whole scam.com site will up and crash. No baby killers to beat up on anymore.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Re: Army ray gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie
Just read an article, no I won't post it here, do your own research, about a new non lethal ray gun that the US military is developing. When fired at a combatant, it will momentarily send his body temperature to about 130 degrees, totally incapacitating him. In a few seconds he'll be ok but unable to fight for a while. When we get this thing into service I suspect this whole scam.com site will up and crash. No baby killers to beat up on anymore.
I recall hearing something about this... it's mounted on a truck. As I recall it's main function might be in crowd control. When they showed the video of the test it showed soldiers dropping whatever weapon they were holding and getting well out of the ray's path

Old 02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Not my chair, not my problem.

Quote:
Can you provide us with a link?

Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
"You will respect my authority!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotParadox
The subject is huge. It involves not just one weapon but a whole new class of weapons.
There are many resources on the subject:

Say Hello to the Goodbye Weapon
http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=19719

"Some Aspects of Anti-Personnel Electromagnetic Weapons", Prepared for the 1996 International Red Cross Symposium: The Medical Profession and the Effects of Weapons (March 08, 1996)
http://members.aol.com/alanyu5/e-weapon.htm

Mind Justice
at mindjustice.org

A human rights group working for the rights and protections of mental integrity and freedom from new technologies and weapons which target the mind and nervous system.
http://www.mindjustice.org/

Non Lethal Directed Energy Weapons
http://www.defense-update.com/featur...05/NLW-DEW.htm

There is also evidence that these weapons were used against civilians by the Israeli’s in Lebanon.[ at thread listed above ]
There is no way to paint a happy face on these new weapons , they are designed to kill, not disable.

Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster : 02-01-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotParadox
You know I think I was in a doctor's office waiting room and it was either time or newsweek I believe. But I don't even remember what the date was. But its at the proving grounds now and still a couple years away. Uses a low energy lazer I think it was. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it. Sorry. But I didn't make it up and it was a news story so who knows how much accuracy was there.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
The subject is huge. It involves not just one weapon but a whole new class of weapons.
There are many resources on the subject:

Say Hello to the Goodbye Weapon
http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=19719

"Some Aspects of Anti-Personnel Electromagnetic Weapons", Prepared for the 1996 International Red Cross Symposium: The Medical Profession and the Effects of Weapons (March 08, 1996)
http://members.aol.com/alanyu5/e-weapon.htm

Mind Justice
at mindjustice.org

A human rights group working for the rights and protections of mental integrity and freedom from new technologies and weapons which target the mind and nervous system.
http://www.mindjustice.org/

Non Lethal Directed Energy Weapons
http://www.defense-update.com/featur...05/NLW-DEW.htm

There is also evidence that these weapons were used against civilians by the Israeli’s in Lebanon.[ at thread listed above ]
There is no way to paint a happy face on these new weapons , they are designed to kill, not disable.
then you read something I didn't. This one had the pentegon planning new strategies that did not involve as many battlefield deaths during wartime. Time will tell I suppose.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
then you read something I didn't. This one had the pentegon planning new strategies that did not involve as many battlefield deaths during wartime. Time will tell I suppose.
I guess the difference here is that I will never take Military propaganda campaigns on face value.
Even your own statement ‘This one had the pentagon planning new strategies that did not involve as many battlefield deaths during wartime.’ Clearly states that these weapons are deadly.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
I guess the difference here is that I will never take Military propaganda campaigns on face value.
No difference. I take nothing on face value. Sometimes I do mention stuff I've read though. Read Moby Dick once. Thought about it for about five minutes and decided there probably really wasn't some huge white whale but I read it all anyway. But I think I was only ten then. I'm a little quicker now. Now when I read about ray guns and such, no matter the author, it takes mere milliseconds for my skepticism to kick in. ;)

Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

If the point were to only kill...then why bother with the new weapons like this? We have normal guns that can kill. We have nukes and chemical weapons that can kill a lot. We even have normal boms that can kill a lot.

If these weapons were only designed to kill in a more efficient manner...or in a "cooler" more technologically advanced manner, why not just say that. It's not like anyone in America is going to care. We're a pretty apathetic bunch...and more often than not we think the newer weapons are pretty cool.....even the ones designed to kill.

Look at the Stealth bombers. Americans love those things and they certainly don't have the words "non-lethal" associated with them.

If they come up with new weapons that keep our soldiers safer...and help them accomplish whatever mission they happen to be on faster and easier with less risk. Go for it.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Diamond Member

Gay bomb
Gay bomb is an informal name for a theoretical non-lethal chemical weapon, which a United States Air Force research laboratory speculated about producing.

In 1994 the Wright Laboratory in Ohio produced a three-page proposal of a variety of possible nonlethal chemical weapons, which was later obtained—complete with marginal jottings and typos—by the Sunshine Project through a Freedom of Information Act request.

In one sentence of the document it was suggested that a strong aphrodisiac could be dropped on enemy troops, ideally one which would also cause "homosexual behaviour". The aphrodisiac weapon was described as "distasteful but completely non-lethal". In its "New Discoveries Needed" section, the document implicitly acknowledges that no such chemicals are actually known. It is not known whether this chemical has been developed further. The document also included many other off-beat ideas, such as spraying enemy troops with bee pheromones and then hiding numerous beehives in the combat area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

Old 02-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

A "Gay Bomb"? For the love of Pete... OK that didn't come out right??

Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jreed
If the point were to only kill...then why bother with the new weapons like this? We have normal guns that can kill. We have nukes and chemical weapons that can kill a lot. We even have normal boms that can kill a lot.

If these weapons were only designed to kill in a more efficient manner...or in a "cooler" more technologically advanced manner, why not just say that. It's not like anyone in America is going to care. We're a pretty apathetic bunch...and more often than not we think the newer weapons are pretty cool.....even the ones designed to kill.

Look at the Stealth bombers. Americans love those things and they certainly don't have the words "non-lethal" associated with them.

If they come up with new weapons that keep our soldiers safer...and help them accomplish whatever mission they happen to be on faster and easier with less risk. Go for it.
Good Points.
My concerns however are how these weapons will be used against civilians.
There have been unconventional anti-personnel weapons used in the battlefield going back to WWI. If you read some history on this research intensified during and after WWII.
On the battlefield the advantage of these weapons is to disable an enemy before he can use his weapons. In some cases when the enemy has safe haven, caves, buildings, bunkers …. Conventional weapons are not always effective.

The pentagon has been promoting these weapons for crowd control, using them here at home against civilians claiming they can be modified to be non-lethal. This is pure BS.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Diamond Member

I posted this thread to test a theory. The theory being that no matter what information is posted about the US military, positive as it may be, many here with their heels dug in will make whatever argument they can that the military cannot possibly be researching ideas to make war less deadly. The military could have all their arms destroyed because the government decided that war is awful and we will conduct all foreign policy through diplomacy and a new thread would begin about the deviousness of america.

Theory proven. Thanks to all who participated.

You don't think I made it up do you? ;)

Old 02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack
A "Gay Bomb"? For the love of Pete... OK that didn't come out right??
ROTFL!!!!! That....was that maybe a Freudian slip??? Haha...good one!
:D

Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I posted this thread to test a theory. The theory being that no matter what information is posted about the US military, positive as it may be, many here with their heels dug in will make whatever argument they can that the military cannot possibly be researching ideas to make war less deadly. The military could have all their arms destroyed because the government decided that war is awful and we will conduct all foreign policy through diplomacy and a new thread would begin about the deviousness of america.

Theory proven. Thanks to all who participated.

You don't think I made it up do you? ;)
If anyone has read about it yet, here's a link. You can also watch a short video on here too:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/24/r....ap/index.html

Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeguana
If anyone has read about it yet, here's a link. You can also watch a short video on here too:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/24/r....ap/index.html
Yeah, that's the one. Wish I could remember where I read it.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:54 PM

The Human Aversion to Killing and the Lie of "Non-Lethal" Weapons

http://www.totse.com/en/politics/police/163061.html

Excellent overview on the subject.
All of the so-called non-lethal weapons of the past have since been proven to be very lethal indeed. And will still cause' colateral damage'.
Ask the many mothers of Northern Ireland whose children were killed with rubber bullets while they were walking to school.
Or maybe review the story of the tazer salesman who killed himself trying to prove that his product was ‘safe’.
Tear gas? The list goes on.