report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: I would
Support the right for gay couples and even single people to adopt 16 72.73%
I would oppose the thought of gay couples and/or single people adopting 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2007, 07:50 PM
TheWorker

Re: Gay Adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
Why would you be against gay adoption? It's already been proven that just because you're raised by gay parents doesn't make you gay. Just because gay marriage is against your religion doesn't mean it's against theirs, or others as well. The only reason gay marriage and gay adoption are an issue is because there are people to try and force their values on others. Not fair and not right.
i dont have a religion that speaks out against gays, nor do i care whether or not having gay parents will make you gay. i just think its wrong.

sometimes people have simple answers to questions, and here i will just say NO, i dont think they should be able to.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:54 PM
TheWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EderLore
Even if there were solid proof in science that it wasn't choice but formed in utero I doubt you'd accept it anyway. Just like global warming. It is real, the earth is showing that but it's just too easy to shut your eyes tight, stick your fingers in your ears and sing la-la-la-la as loudly as you can and maybe, just maybe it will go away.

As far as gays adopting- last time I looked homosexuals were still part of the human species. So I put this question to you. Do you think it better for a child to grow up in multiple foster homes where they could be subject to abuse or to be adopted by a caring gay couple who are well-educated and have stable, good paying jobs? Why subject any child to never having a loving stable home because it doesn't jell with your beliefs? Will the child really be better off in the foster care system where they will then be put out on the streets when they turn 18 or to have someone who can offer them love and shelter when ever they need it. Remember, straight people have and raise gay children all the time. Phyllis Schafley and Dick Cheney both have gay children. Explain that to me. What happened to their parenting skills that made their children decide to become "abnormal"? Have you ever had a really serious discussion with a gay person about when they realized they were gay? If it's a choice then why did that minister, whose name eludes me (not Haggard but happened a few weeks after) who left his ministry because he simply couldn't go on pretending that he wasn't gay. He stated that as a child he would go to bed every night crying and pleading to God to please take these feelings away from him. God apparently wasn't listening. If ever there was a case that it isn't a choice then I don't know what else could prove it to you.

Oh well, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation so in your next life God will send you back here as a homosexual. That way you can experiance what it is like. Nothing like walking a lifetime in another's shoes to understand the concept of tolerance.
whoa buddy, just cuase you dont think gay adoption is right, doesnt mean you have somethign against gay people. i have 2 gay friends, genuine friends not just people i know through someone else who talked to someone who is gay, actual friends. in turn i hang out with lots of their gay friends too. you can be against something, but that doesnt mean you hate the people that are represented by it.

i say this becuase you act like we who disagree with the idea of gay adoption should be reincarnated in the shoes of a gay person to "see what its like". i dont give a @^%# what its like....how bout the gay person gets reincarnated in MY shoes to "see what its like" to be straight? i really despise people who spout the tolerance card sometimes.....

Last edited by TheWorker : 02-02-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotParadox
Well, if I had a choice, I would rather a child be raised by a loving mother and father. I do think that's the healthiest and certainly the way it was intended. But I don't think a loving gay couple is worse than a deviant heterosexual couple. I just don't see that as the case.
I never said that a child should be placed with a deviant hetersexual parent.

Every Christian knows that homosexualality is a grave sin. So why would you support placing an innocent child in the middle of a sinfull situation?

Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Diamond Member

All it comes down to is people trying to force their beliefs onto others. It doesn't matter if you believe that gays shouldn't be able to adopt or not, or whether they should get married or not, because it's really none of your business. They are people just like the rest of us and should have the same legal rights as everyone else as well. What you believe has nothing to do with it.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
All it comes down to is people trying to force their beliefs onto others. They are people just like the rest of us and should have the same legal rights as everyone else as well. .
Unless they're Bears fans right? :D

Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
TheWorker

Quote:
All it comes down to is people trying to force their beliefs onto others. It doesn't matter if you believe that gays shouldn't be able to adopt or not, or whether they should get married or not, because it's really none of your business. They are people just like the rest of us and should have the same legal rights as everyone else as well. What you believe has nothing to do with it.
actually, you are quite incorrect. if the "legal rights" you refer to do NOT include the right for gays to marry or adopt, then it doesnt matter what they think either until the law is changed...

Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
It is my business because I live in a society that I want to make safe and normal for my children and grandchildren. When sexual deviants want to destroy all kinds of morals that have been the backbone of our society, then I must do everything possible to stop this plauge of moral sickness.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
if the "legal rights" you refer to do NOT include the right for gays to marry or adopt, then it doesnt matter what they think either until the law is changed...
If this were the case then women still wouldn't be voting, blacks would still be slaves, and the many other prejudices that were commonplace at the beginning of this country would still be here.

Quote:
It is my business because I live in a society that I want to make safe and normal for my children and grandchildren. When sexual deviants want to destroy all kinds of morals that have been the backbone of our society, then I must do everything possible to stop this plauge of moral sickness.
Like I've said earlier, the US shouldn't be based on "morals" but on fairness and equality. Something that it's falling quite short on. It is impossible for a country of this size with so many people to base itself in "morals" because there are so many different groups that have different morals and who's to say who is right and who is wrong? Sorry, but just because your offended by someone being gay doesn't mean you have the right to control them. Just like if your offended by someone who curses, there's not a whole lot you can do. If you wanted to get rid of "sexual deviants" for the sake of your children and grandchildren you should probably be more concerned about child sex offenders, not gays. I think the molestation of children is MUCH more serious and threatening than someone who is gay.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Newbie Member

All that matters is the well-being of the child. Every kid gets teased. If you don't get teased for having gay parents, you would get teased for being fat, or short, or stupid, or chinese, or for wearing eyeglasses, or a million other things.

If you are outspokenly against gay adoption and even gay marriage/divorce, you are more concerned with society discreditting your religious or personal beliefs than you are with the happiness of others, especially young children. You are expressing your dislike for all gays behind the facade of religious belief or your need for society's approval. If you don't like it, or if your particular god told you that it doesn't like gays, skip their adoption party, and live and let live.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
I want to live in a society that is safe and normal too. Safe and normal to me would involve removing many groups. In the ideal world for me, every religious person would gain the ability of cognitive reasoning and toss their beliefs in the trash. The society would then be safer and more normal.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Diamond Member

Gays and child molesters are 2 sides of the same coin. Both are mentally and morally sick, just in different ways.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorker
actually, you are quite incorrect. if the "legal rights" you refer to do NOT include the right for gays to marry or adopt, then it doesnt matter what they think either until the law is changed...
It's changing. Depends on the legislature in each state. They write the marriage laws. Legal in Mass., I believe, for gays to marry. But all that depends on the moral belief of those in the legislature, unfortunately. The state laws don't allow bigamy either. Nor marrying a sibling. We do draw lines, like it or not. You just need to vote for someone who'll draw the line where you approve.

Last edited by bogie : 02-02-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Gays and child molesters are 2 sides of the same coin. Both are mentally and morally sick, just in different ways.
So your saying that the 54 year old man who molests a little girl is just as bad as someone who is gay? Wow, you really do have issues.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
So your saying that the 54 year old man who molests a little girl is just as bad as someone who is gay? Wow, you really do have issues.
I blame his parents.

Seriously.

Ironic really.

They were no doubt straight.

Yet look what they spawned...

:(
new technologies.
There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie
I want to live in a society that is safe and normal too. Safe and normal to me would involve removing many groups. In the ideal world for me, every religious person would gain the ability of cognitive reasoning and toss their beliefs in the trash. The society would then be safer and more normal.
Well and said spring to mind here.
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHulk
All that matters is the well-being of the child. Every kid gets teased. If you don't get teased for having gay parents, you would get teased for being fat, or short, or stupid, or chinese, or for wearing eyeglasses, or a million other things.

If you are outspokenly against gay adoption and even gay marriage/divorce, you are more concerned with society discreditting your religious or personal beliefs than you are with the happiness of others, especially young children. You are expressing your dislike for all gays behind the facade of religious belief or your need for society's approval. If you don't like it, or if your particular god told you that it doesn't like gays, skip their adoption party, and live and let live.
Yup, nail on head there.

I don't think the teasing thing applies to Dawud, his psychosis is based in another dimension, but one or two have used that reasoning, as it were, in this thread, and it just does not hold water, for the reasons that you cite.
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorker
i dont have a religion that speaks out against gays, nor do i care whether or not having gay parents will make you gay. i just think its wrong.
sometimes people have simple answers to questions, and here i will just say NO, i dont think they should be able to.
Yes, but to merely state, "it's wrong", while at the same time "having gay friends", is a not an answer, simple or otherwise.

At least Dawud gives us something to think about, even if after doing so, we reject his thinking.

What's your objection, exactly?
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
Dawud, do you even realize how enormous the gay population in Boston is? Better run back to Texas before you get raped...You better not go to Fenway either, you might be sitting next to a homosexual person and get alittle on ya...