report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: I would
Support the right for gay couples and even single people to adopt 16 72.73%
I would oppose the thought of gay couples and/or single people adopting 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Not my chair, not my problem.

Re: Gay Adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenment
Returns to default position...

:)
What are you doing up? Didn't you just go to bed like 2 hours ago? :)

Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotParadox
What are you doing up? Didn't you just go to bed like 2 hours ago? :)
I've stayed awake all night, something pretty serious on my mind, very serious, and this is a distraction.

x
new technologies.
There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
You know what, Dawud? That's what it should be all about on this site. Life's too short. :)
HP people at work told me Boston Red Sox tickets are hard to get ahold of. They said you only have like the first day to get them and after that they are sold out. That most people have to buy from scalpers. Is all of this true?
Because I want to at least see one game while I am here!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
HP people at work told me Boston Red Sox tickets are hard to get ahold of. They said you only have like the first day to get them and after that they are sold out. That most people have to buy from scalpers. Is all of this true?
They're totally hard to get. But go to a ticket agency, like Ticket Master and they'll get you the best possible deal. Also, StubHub is a good source. They sell tickets for people who need to sell their tickets. That might cost you a little less.

You can also try :http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=bos

That might be your best, fairest deal.

Anyway, I go to at least 5 games a season, and I've never paid less than $200.00 and the seats aren't the best, but they're not in God's Country, either.

If you want to see a Red Sox v Yankees game, good luck to you and the Red Sox. :D

Old 02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Diamond Member

Surely people sell them on E Bay?

Could he not buy one there?
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Surely people sell them on E Bay?

Could he not buy one there?
I bet so, but that wouldn't be my first choice.

If I wanted to go the E Bay route, I'd go with a local venue like StubHub, similar to Ebay except that they only deal with tickets to concerts, sports events, etc. :)

Old 02-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Here Dawud. You can take a look at this for availability now. Pick a date and game you'd like to see and purchase now:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/ticketi...e.jsp?c_id=bos

Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishyouknew
I understand what you are saying. But, there are plenty of "normal" couples who are on waiting list at adoption centers waiting on a birth mother to choose them. They are paying thousands of Dollars for this..

I am a firm believer in "God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and STEVE!".

Gay's make the choice to be gay. There is NOTHING in clinical science that says they are born this way. Sadly enough it is often because of sexual abuse or other pyschological trauma's that occur.

Even if there were solid proof in science that it wasn't choice but formed in utero I doubt you'd accept it anyway. Just like global warming. It is real, the earth is showing that but it's just too easy to shut your eyes tight, stick your fingers in your ears and sing la-la-la-la as loudly as you can and maybe, just maybe it will go away.

As far as gays adopting- last time I looked homosexuals were still part of the human species. So I put this question to you. Do you think it better for a child to grow up in multiple foster homes where they could be subject to abuse or to be adopted by a caring gay couple who are well-educated and have stable, good paying jobs? Why subject any child to never having a loving stable home because it doesn't jell with your beliefs? Will the child really be better off in the foster care system where they will then be put out on the streets when they turn 18 or to have someone who can offer them love and shelter when ever they need it. Remember, straight people have and raise gay children all the time. Phyllis Schafley and Dick Cheney both have gay children. Explain that to me. What happened to their parenting skills that made their children decide to become "abnormal"? Have you ever had a really serious discussion with a gay person about when they realized they were gay? If it's a choice then why did that minister, whose name eludes me (not Haggard but happened a few weeks after) who left his ministry because he simply couldn't go on pretending that he wasn't gay. He stated that as a child he would go to bed every night crying and pleading to God to please take these feelings away from him. God apparently wasn't listening. If ever there was a case that it isn't a choice then I don't know what else could prove it to you.

Oh well, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation so in your next life God will send you back here as a homosexual. That way you can experiance what it is like. Nothing like walking a lifetime in another's shoes to understand the concept of tolerance.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes. Why does there need to be a correlation between being a good parent and being gay?
Well, I can play devil's advocate for Christians (oxy-moron?). Because gay parents will teach and model for their kids its okay to be gay. It would start a cultural trend that make Christians scared. They don't even like gay marriage, let alone gay marriages adopting kids.

I suppose though I couldn't possibly stand in the way if the kid they were adopting is a starving kid. The kid's going to die anyway. It sure would be cruel to stand in the way.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EderLore
Even if there were solid proof in science that it wasn't choice but formed in utero I doubt you'd accept it anyway. Just like global warming. It is real, the earth is showing that but it's just too easy to shut your eyes tight, stick your fingers in your ears and sing la-la-la-la as loudly as you can and maybe, just maybe it will go away.

As far as gays adopting- last time I looked homosexuals were still part of the human species. So I put this question to you. Do you think it better for a child to grow up in multiple foster homes where they could be subject to abuse or to be adopted by a caring gay couple who are well-educated and have stable, good paying jobs? Why subject any child to never having a loving stable home because it doesn't jell with your beliefs? Will the child really be better off in the foster care system where they will then be put out on the streets when they turn 18 or to have someone who can offer them love and shelter when ever they need it. Remember, straight people have and raise gay children all the time. Phyllis Schafley and Dick Cheney both have gay children. Explain that to me. What happened to their parenting skills that made their children decide to become "abnormal"? Have you ever had a really serious discussion with a gay person about when they realized they were gay? If it's a choice then why did that minister, whose name eludes me (not Haggard but happened a few weeks after) who left his ministry because he simply couldn't go on pretending that he wasn't gay. He stated that as a child he would go to bed every night crying and pleading to God to please take these feelings away from him. God apparently wasn't listening. If ever there was a case that it isn't a choice then I don't know what else could prove it to you.

Oh well, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation so in your next life God will send you back here as a homosexual. That way you can experiance what it is like. Nothing like walking a lifetime in another's shoes to understand the concept of tolerance.

While I agree 100% with what you write, I would like to touch base on the last paragraph.

This sort of thinking has it's roots in Buddism, more a philosophy than a theist religion.

However, I have never seen the logic in returning to a new body, in this case the guy you refer to would return as a gay man, if you are unable to recall what it is you did in a past life, as most people cannot.

For instance, by your rationale, someone that was a killer today, would be reborn as a victim, next time around.

Except that most victims of murder would not recall anything they had done wrong in the previous life, therefore it seems somewhat without purpose, and somewhat umfair, non...?
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Late and piping in with personal opinion.
I don't see anything wrong with a couple wanting to adopt.
Nor do I have any issue with single people who would want to adopt.
People regardless of marital status or sexual orientation who are willing to open up their home and life and give love to a child who is in need of just those things should be praised.

For those of you against this,I just wonder if you your self would be willing to tell a child that he or she is better off with no parents than gay or single ones?
but we cant bomb it into peace
whoa, we may even find a solution
to hunger and disease
we can bomb the world to pieces

Michael Franti,Spearhead

Old 02-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie
Late and piping in with personal opinion.
I don't see anything wrong with a couple wanting to adopt.
Nor do I have any issue with single people who would want to adopt.
People regardless of marital status or sexual orientation who are willing to open up their home and life and give love to a child who is in need of just those things should be praised.

For those of you against this,I just wonder if you your self would be willing to tell a child that he or she is better off with no parents than gay or single ones?
Precisely.

And know what?

Those against, on some twisted religous logic, would probably that the child died than be given a loving home by a gay couple.

Or they would rather that they were housed with an abusive couple, so long as that couple were 'normal'...

Sad, huh?

:(
new technologies.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Precisely.

And know what?

Those against, on some twisted religous logic, would probably that the child died than be given a loving home by a gay couple.

Or they would rather that they were housed with an abusive couple, so long as that couple were 'normal'...

Sad, huh?

:(
Very sad.
Sorry kid you could have had a nice home in a nice neighborhood but the folks were gay so instead your gonna have to stay in foster care awhile longer.
Once again I don't get it.
It seems I have been feeling that way more and more.
whoa, we may even find a solution
to hunger and disease
we can bomb the world to pieces

Michael Franti,Spearhead

Old 02-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald
Well, I can play devil's advocate for Christians (oxy-moron?). Because gay parents will teach and model for their kids its okay to be gay. It would start a cultural trend that make Christians scared. They don't even like gay marriage, let alone gay marriages adopting kids.

I suppose though I couldn't possibly stand in the way if the kid they were adopting is a starving kid. The kid's going to die anyway. It sure would be cruel to stand in the way.
But, Ronald, on the other hand, my kids are straight and their father and I have not spoken out against gays (or interracial/faith dating).

Of course, one could make the argument that my kids have grown up witnessing the relationship between loving, heterosexual parents. But, then again, so have many gay kids.

I really think that the bottom line is children will do much better in a loving home than in a dysfuncional home regardless of their partents' sexual persuasion.

Christian parents would do well to spend time teaching their children to hate the sin and love the sinner, regardless of what the sin may be. Good, straight Christian parents may find that they are guilty of a few sins themselves.

And God doesn't give parents a pass because their sins do not include homosexuality.

Last edited by HotParadox : 02-02-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Diamond Member

To allow a gay to adopt a child is the worst form of child abuse I can think of. That child will have a high probility of growing up and accepting the sick gay lifestyle based on observing what his gay parent was involved in. The child would have little chance of growing up to be a normal hetersexual kid. Gays raising children is revolting!

Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
To allow a gay to adopt a child is the worst form of child abuse I can think of. That child will have a high probility of growing up and accepting the sick gay lifestyle based on observing what his gay parent was involved in. The child would have little chance of growing up to be a normal hetersexual kid. Gays raising children is revolting!
Well, if I had a choice, I would rather a child be raised by a loving mother and father. I do think that's the healthiest and certainly the way it was intended. But I don't think a loving gay couple is worse than a deviant heterosexual couple. I just don't see that as the case.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Where are these "plenty of children to adopt" coming from?

I think you'll find the actual number of "unwanted" children, or orphaned children, are much less that those who are ready to be adopted.

I also think you'll find very few gay couples where one of the couple actually had children. If a man is widowed with two children and later on turns gay, then a gay couple adopting is no issue. It's his right as a parent.

What would the effect be if the state took your child from you, said they were going to terminate your rights as a parent, and THEN you find out, that a gay couple was going to raise your child, or children? What are the rights of the parents?

Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie
Very sad.
Sorry kid you could have had a nice home in a nice neighborhood but the folks were gay so instead your gonna have to stay in foster care awhile longer.
Once again I don't get it.
It seems I have been feeling that way more and more.
Me too.

Thankfully, I hope not too have too much longer to belong to a world like this.

x
new technologies.