report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: I would
Support the right for gay couples and even single people to adopt 16 72.73%
I would oppose the thought of gay couples and/or single people adopting 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Gay Adoption

Hang in there Ronald! There are a couple of people here who think being gay is just the ultimate. It's ultimate alright; the ultimate mental sickness!!

Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Not my chair, not my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristie
I wonder why the techincal situation here doesn't get resolved. Could it be the techies are Republicans?
That's what I was saying to bogie, more or less. It would seem to me that the 'breakers' or the 'fixers' have an axe to grind with some of our view. You know me, dc, I'm not way liberal, but I try to be fair and I think you've make an excellent point. It could go the other way too, you know, maybe the Democratics are the techies, and they're PO'd, who knows.

Last edited by HotParadox : 02-08-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
Hang in there Ronald! There are a couple of people here who think being gay is just the ultimate. It's ultimate alright; the ultimate mental sickness!!
Yeah, they're called "repressed homosexuals".

Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmatthews
Yeah, they're called "repressed homosexuals".

Sorry, can you elaborate on that....?
new technologies.
There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Challenge Authority

To The Genius Hosting Scam.Com:

Hey Einstein,

What gives? Re-boot the fvcking machine already. :confused:

Then, go to your local book store and get a copy of "How To Run A Web Host For Total Imbeciles."

Last edited by dchristie : 02-08-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Asking Questions is a Good Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald
I'd love to. The only gay couple I know broke up a year ago, and they don't want to get married or adopt kids.

Yes, Connecticut. It's because I'm a closed minded bigot and I can't think for myself. Please help me be more like you.
Hi Ronald,

So tell me... if you're not being closed minded here, what do you base your opinion on? You admit that you have never discussed gay adoption with any of those who are directly involved - so what leads you to the conclusion that allowing gays to adopt a child is wrong? - Not just African children, but ANY child that needs a good home?

So far, you are judging this situation based on nothing more than your own views - which are, by all means, biased against circumstances that you have no knowledge of. That's prejudice, discrimination, and yes - it makes you a bigot.

Maybe you're okay with that.. you're certainly not alone. There's plenty of you out there who, for some reason, think this is your business. :rolleyes:

Quote:
I didn't say these couples weren't "normal". It's not like they drive to work on unicycles while juggling torches. I didn't say they were freaks of nature who weren't responsible members of society. So chill out.
Well then... if you think they are "normal" "responsible members of society", then I will ask you again:

Why are you against them adopting a child?

Quote:
The transgender person? More than you. I met and talked with the person. I'm telling you, that particular "woman" needs therapy.
It's good to know that you have something concrete to base your opinion on with regards to this person. I don't personally know anyone who has gone through a sex change operation - so you have more first hand knowledge of this than I do.

And I will also say this... you could very well be right. I have seen documentaries on this subject where the surgeries have turned out to be a huge regret for the one who had it done. Hopefully this is not case for the person you know.

Quote:
When have I ever stayed out of any issue just because some people think I sound ridiculous? I mean really. When?
You're confused here. You shutting the door on this topic was YOUR statement, Ronald - not mine.

And yes... when you want to use lame examples of people marrying horses to back up your argument against gays - then you are absolutely being ridiculous.

Quote:
Listen to you. "The gay community". Whatever happened to the human race? You talk about this issue like it was isolated, like it doesn't involve the whole world. I think that's a reality you may have to come to grips with.
Again, you are confused here. I have never made a comment towards gays and lesbians that excludes them from the human race.

You're the one in this discussion who thinks gays should stay in San Francisco, and live in their own state.

And yes - they are a community of people - just like the religious community, black community, white community, Jewish community, Asian community, etc. etc.. "community" in this sense includes those of likeness - they are ALL members of the human race.

And as far as this involving the whole world? We are very anal in this country with regards to the issue of gays in comparison to other countries. Actually, we are very anal in this country about a NUMBER of things.

Quote:
I'll admit, the church hugely alienates homosexuals. But I do have a few homosexual friends. One in particular I think is cool. This isn't about simply being disgusted with homosexual activity, because I'm not. I asked a simple question.

If you're a gay person, and you wanted to have kids, why not just get married to a person you CAN have kids with. People go to colleges and universities because they have to in order to land a specific job. Just because you don't want the sacrifice of spending years in school, doesn't mean you should be allowed to skip the process.
If you have gay friends, why haven't you asked any of them this question about having kids? Even if they are not in a relationship, or even interested in adoption, I'm sure they would have an opinion they would share with you. You seem to be in a position of finding answers if you would just take the intiative to ask. Why aren't you asking?

Quote:
I just think decisions have consequences, and you're trying to eliminate the consequences because you think you're such a great guy. That's the whole issue it seems. Like the abortion issue. "It's just a bunch of congregated cells. Human race wouldn't miss a few gone. We should be able to have sex outside of marriage."
First of all... that's great GAL - not guy.

Please explain the consequences you say exist.. ?

Because for the life of me, I see no downside to a child who has no permanent home being adopted by a loving, caring couple.

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just scratching my head. Just because you don't feel guilty about the implications of your proposals doesn't make it right.
If you want to get the point of this statement, you're gonna have to explain what you're talking about... implications of what proposals?

Quote:
Frankly, my stance on the gay marriage adoption issue is that they should be allowed to adopt kids who are starving in the third world. Why not? Those kids are going to be dead anyway. Even a drunken abusive father is better than not having one and dying at the age of 12
Keep talking, Ronald.

Because the more you say, the more you prove my point that you're just talking out of your a$$.

You have made it obvious here that the well being of children is not where your interest is with this issue. What matters most to you is that gays don't get the kids that YOU think they shouldn't have.

You're pathetic.

And you obviously know nothing about alcohol abuse either.

Quote:
Ultimately, the majority should be able to vote on what they want to do with their money and their society.
On issues that affect your personal life - absolutely. But gays, gay marriage, and gay adoption are not on that list.

I'm sure you do things in your personal life that others don't approve of - but as long as it doesn't affect them personally, what you do is not their business. It's the same with gay people.

Quote:
So you can tell me to stay out of the debate and say I'm ridiculous, but I'm a voter, so you'll have to do better at convincing me than just putting me down. :)
This is not going to happen - you now it and I know it. You're never going to see things any differently.

The only hope you have is to find yourself in the middle of this situation when it involves someone that you care deeply about. And I don't mean in homosexual way. Someone like a family member, let's say a brother or sister, whom you love that comes out one day and announces they are gay...

I think you would see it differently - because THEN - this person that you love is the one being unjustly mistreated by society, and NOW - it has become personal.

Without that, I dont see you changing your views on any of this.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 PM

__________________________________________________ _______________

Hi CV! :)

Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenment

Are you aware that boards such as this can be set up, almost for peanuts, and there are very little running costs....?
Me? Computer spaz that I am? Aware of anything in cyberspace?

Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Diamond Member

Ronald it's so disgusting now in this society that to be and think normal is ridiculed. And to champion perversion is now praised and commended.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 PM
TheWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim

I think you would see it differently - because THEN - this person that you love is the one being unjustly mistreated by society, and NOW - it has become personal.

Without that, I dont see you changing your views on any of this.
um, thats the point ConnVict, some of us dont see it as "unjustly treated".

you only think that becuase you support the matter. if your son murdered 20 people, you wouldnt think that him getting locked up is "being unjustly treated", because almost everyone agrees killing people deserves punishment and is just not right. so the same thing here, if people we know and love are gay and want to adopt, we still think its wrong no matter if it is our relative or not, so its not being "unjustly treated" in our eyes.

gay adoption is a no go in my book...

Old 02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
TheWorker

Quote:
Ronald it's so disgusting now in this society that to be and think normal is ridiculed. And to champion perversion is now praised and commended.
yea i agree, its ridiculous...

Old 02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
TheWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
If this were the case then women still wouldn't be voting, blacks would still be slaves, and the many other prejudices that were commonplace at the beginning of this country would still be here.

right, along with murdering people, raping people, adults going to bed with children, smoking crack....

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
How many times? :rolleyes:

I think homosexuality is neither good nor bad, hetrosexuality is neither good nor bad, being black, brown, white, yellow, or green with red spots, all neither good nor bad, just natural facts of life.

Btw, Ronald actually stated that he has gay friends, and that it is normal, so I am not sure if he will be the best tag team partner for you, but maybe the closest you will get....
new technologies.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
What perversion would you be refering to? The want of you to have your daughter marry a 50 year old...at the age of 6?... Now that is perverse!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotParadox
__________________________________________________ _______________

Hi CV! :)
Hi HP!! :D

You gonna be home around 9 tonite? I'll call you...

Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglepete
What perversion would you be refering to? The want of you to have your daughter marry a 50 year old...at the age of 6?... Now that is perverse!
Hang on, in fairness, can you elaborate that point, please...?
new technologies.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
Hi HP!! :D

You gonna be home around 9 tonite? I'll call you...
Ya, call me, anytime after dinner or even late afternoon. :) :p :)

Old 02-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorker
um, thats the point ConnVict, some of us dont see it as "unjustly treated".

you only think that becuase you support the matter. if your son murdered 20 people, you wouldnt think that him getting locked up is "being unjustly treated", because almost everyone agrees killing people deserves punishment and is just not right. so the same thing here, if people we know and love are gay and want to adopt, we still think its wrong no matter if it is our relative or not, so its not being "unjustly treated" in our eyes.
Hi Worker,

With all due respect, I don't think comparing gay adoption to murder is a very logical analogy.

But anyway, I understand what you're saying. Yes, I do support gay marriage and adoption. And I also respect the fact others do not.

I just wish that someone would admit to the fact that their reasons are based on nothing other than their own personal views, and that those views are, by all definition of the law, discrimination.

But no one dares to step up to that plate. You and the others are absolutely entitled to your opinions on gay adoption - no doubt about it.

I would just like to see someone, anyone - take full ownership of what they say here, instead of trying to justify it by blaming gays for being gay... :rolleyes:

Quote:
gay adoption is a no go in my book...
What about the kids who are denied a better life? Doesn't that play into this somewhere for you?

I'm not trying to start anything with you, Worker. I think you and I have always gotten along very well here on scam!

Maybe you can explain your opinion in a way that will make sense to me?.. because I just don't get why the kids should have to remain without a permanent, loving and caring home just because the ones who want to adopt him/her are gay - that simply does not seem to be in the best interest of the child to me... :(

Last edited by Connecticut Victim : 02-08-2007 at 09:52 PM.