report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Danny Haszard

Jehovah Witness FRAUD for GOD

Dissident JW member speaks out.

The core dogma of the Watchtower organization is that Jesus had his second coming 'invisibly' in the year 1914.Their entire doctrinal superstructure is built on this falsehood.

Jehovah's Witnesses door to door recruitment is by their own admission an ineffective tactic. They have lost membership in all countries with major Internet access because their false doctrines and harmful practices are exposed on the modern information superhighway.

There is good and valid reasons why there is such an outrage against the Watchtower for misleading millions of followers.Many have invested everything in the 'imminent' apocalyptic promises of the Jehovah's Witnesses and have died broken and beaten.

Bookmark and Share

Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Danny Haszard

FRAUD for GOD CULT

Watchtower blood transfusion ban is anti-life.

The Jehovah's Witnesses prohibition against "whole" blood transfusions is made up by their sect leaders and NOT from the Bible.It has resulted (by their own admission) in the deaths of thousands of members.

They keep flip-flopping on this deadly dogma to evade wrongful death lawsuits.
Did you know that the leadership of the Jehovah's Witnesses does allow many of the components of blood so called blood fractions?

Where do they get these "blood fractions"? From the red cross blood donation collections that they revile,as they themselves won't donate a drop.
This is the issue,the blood 'ban' is so esoteric complicated that members will die out of ignorance of what's permitted.
---
Danny Haszard life-long 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness

Some dissident JW educational links:
http://www.ajwrb.org/ Jehovah's Witnesses blood policy reform site

http://www.towertotruth.net/Articles...ansfusions.htm "Will you die for a lie?"

Old 01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Jehovah Witness FRAUD for GOD

How right you are Danny! And, since we are on the subject of religious scams I noticed this quote in the "Awake" magazine published by the Watchtower Society.

Awake-1997-September-22-p.10

"In the United States, the elderly are often besieged on every side by religious cults that are looking for new recruits to fill their coffers with donations. “Nationwide, cults are obeying the cardinal rule of all confidence games: Follow the money,” wrote Modern Maturity magazine. “In exchange, they are offering everything from health to political change to the kingdom of heaven.” One cult deprogrammer was quoted as saying: “The elderly are a cult’s bread and butter.”

What the above "Awake" magazine fails to include to the reader is the fact that "religious scams" have ran rampant within the Watchtower Society's own congregations as we have noticed in the news lately!

The SEC has announced charges against a California-based corporation and its principals for a scam that defrauded the elderly. The Commission charges that Renaissance Asset Fund, Inc., Ronald J. Nadel, and Joseph M. Malone raised more than $16 million from more than 190 investors nationwide.

In what the regulator called a classic Ponzi scheme, Nadel and Malone solicited aged investors through Jehovah's Witnesses congregations and used the proceeds to fund their lavish lifestyles.

Read the full story here:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw241.html

So, whether it is a scam concerning the year 1914, or whether it is $1,914.00 dollars in your pocket, the Watchtower Society will find some way to scam you so that down the road you end up with empty hopes or empty pockets! Bread and butter indeed!

Old 01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Jehovah's Witnesses are taking in blood every time an intravenous drug is used on them! So whether they like it or not, they are still receiving blood one way or the other!

Please note:

The horseshoe crab's miracle blood

Although the horseshoe crab is considered a living fossil, its blue blood provides modern medicine with a substance that is crucial for drug testing.

Although horseshoe crabs have remained relatively unchanged for over 250 million years this living fossil of a creature now provides modern science with a substance crucial for saving thousands of lives. This is the miracle blue blood of the horseshoe crabs. Unlike the red blood of other animals which contains iron, the horseshoe crab’s blood has copper in it which is what makes their blood blue in color. But it is not the color of the horseshoe crab’s blood that makes it remarkable. It is the fact that this blood will quickly clot when it comes into contact with even the minutest impurities. This is what makes the horseshoe crab’s blood truly miraculous since it is the only substance known which can so effectively detect impurities.

A scientist named Frederick Bang first discovered this clotting quality of the horseshoe crab’s blood in the 1950s. What led Bang into his experiments with the horseshoe crab’s blue blood was how quickly its blood clots when receiving a wound. Bang isolated the chemical in the horseshoe crab’s blood that caused the clotting and called it “Limilus amoebocyte lystate” or LAL. This LAL is now used to test all drugs that are used intravenously such as vaccines. Because only a small amount of LAL can be obtained from the horseshoe crab’s blood, it is extremely rare, costing up to $15,000 per quart.

Before the discovery of LAL by Dr. Bang, the method of detecting impurities in drugs was rather crude. It consisted simply of injecting the drug being tested into a rabbit. If the rabbit got sick or died then the drug was discarded. This was hardly an effective test and contaminated drugs often went undetected and caused harm in patients receiving such drugs. So effective is LAL in detecting impurities in drugs that the FDA since 1987 requires it for testing all drugs to be used by humans. One interesting thing about LAL is that despite intensive efforts to make it synthetically, the only source for this vital product is still the blue blood of the horseshoe crab.

Despite the fact that the horseshoe crab’s blood is so vital to medical science, much of the horseshoe crab’s population is being depleted due to over-harvesting. Fishermen have found that horseshoe crabs make excellent bait for conch and eels. Most of the horseshoe crabs are found in the North Atlantic, with the bulk of them in the Delaware Bay area. As a result, states in that region have reduced by 25 percent the numbers of horseshoe crabs that can be harvested. As to the horseshoe crabs that are used for medical purposes, needles are used to draw their blood out of them. When approximately one-third of their blood is withdrawn, the horseshoe crabs are returned to the water. They will then survive to perhaps one day supply yet more of their precious blue blood to medine.

http://ne.essortment.com/horseshoecrab_raie.htm

Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Did you know Jehovah's Witnesses once believed that appendicitis was caused by the biting of worms, or that vaccination never saved a human life, or that smallpox did not really exist? These are just a few of the Watchtower leadership's "quakery" that their members fell for (and many died for).

Additionally, they've been proclaiming "Deliverance is at Hand" for the last century. They've had quite a few dates where they predicted the end of the world since the late 1800's in order to get their members to make more money for them. (They are a multi-billion dollar tax-free corporation.) I remember when, in 1974, they predicted 1975 was going to be the end of the world.

They say that they are proeducation, which is a lie. My brother dropped out of his second year of college to go preaching for them full time. Now he's living off our retired father's charity and what he believes is Satan's system (i.e., the government). Next time they come to your door and offer you insightful information in the form of their Awake or Watchtower, ask yourself, "Is this the type of organization I can really trust for information?" Remember that people don't join cults. Cults recruit people!

Brenda Lee, author of "Out of the Cocoon: A Young Woman's Courageous Flight from the Grip of a Religious Cult" www.outofthecocoon.net

Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Lee
Did you know Jehovah's Witnesses once believed that appendicitis was caused by the biting of worms, or that vaccination never saved a human life, or that smallpox did not really exist? These are just a few of the Watchtower leadership's "quakery" that their members fell for (and many died for).
Is this any stranger than the Catholics blaming the plague on witchcraft back in the day or folks like Dawud the Muslim or Christians that come on here blaming hurricanes and tsunamis on homosexuals?

Quote:
Additionally, they've been proclaiming "Deliverance is at Hand" for the last century. They've had quite a few dates where they predicted the end of the world since the late 1800's in order to get their members to make more money for them. (They are a multi-billion dollar tax-free corporation.) I remember when, in 1974, they predicted 1975 was going to be the end of the world.
Yeah, and they ain't the only ones who've done and continue to do this...

Quote:
They say that they are proeducation, which is a lie. My brother dropped out of his second year of college to go preaching for them full time. Now he's living off our retired father's charity and what he believes is Satan's system (i.e., the government). Next time they come to your door and offer you insightful information in the form of their Awake or Watchtower, ask yourself, "Is this the type of organization I can really trust for information?" Remember that people don't join cults. Cults recruit people!
Ya gotta watch out for ANY religious organization. They ALL take advantage of their members in one form or another.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Diamond Member

We believe in All forms of medicine and vaccinations

That is way different that God moving his had in judgement over sin.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
We believe in All forms of medicine and vaccinations

That is way different that God moving his had in judgement over sin.

I was only comparing (from my point of view) one ridiculous belief with another.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

An example of Jehovah behavior: the Oct. 1, 1972 Watchtower article on "Your Conscience and Your Employment." It was clarified that a person who worked on a tobacco plantation could choose to remain there or quit his job; it was up to his conscience. Then not a few months would pass by, and elders would complain to the Governing Body that the flock was taking too many liberties, and rules had to be laid down. Thus, the Kingdom Ministry of September 1976 stated on page 3 that a Witness most certainly "could not engage in the manufacture, sale or promotion" of cigarettes. Milton Henschel, a member of the Governing Body, once said over another matter of conscience, "If we let the brothers do this, there is no telling how far they will go." While in direct conflict with Paul's words at Romans 7:6 and Galatians 2:16-21; 3:10, the Governing Body deemed it necessary to lay down rules to "keep the brothers in line." Over and over I would hear it echoed among those in positions of responsibility at Bethel, "You just can't trust the brothers to themselves." In other words, the average JW's love for Jehovah was seemingly not able to keep him out of trouble, he needed to have rules, curfews and restrictions to govern all aspects of his life. Yet, my experience as an overseer told me otherwise. When you trust people, they feel comfortable and work all the more to get the job done. Unfortunately, this was not the pervading atmosphere at Bethel.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Danny Haszard

Jehovah's Witnesses Millerite/Adventist sect spin-off

American Civil war army captain William Miller is ground zero for Jehovah's Witnesses.

There is nothing that made me gasp in horror of all WT/JW falsehoods more then this finding that it all came from the Millerite movement.

Yes,the "great disappointment"of Oct 22 1844 has never died out... it lives on in the Seventh day Adventist (who admit it) and the Jehovah's Witnesses who deny it.

Must see video clip: www(dot)dannyhaszard.com/cultv ideos.htm please go to this link and scroll down for the History Channel clip

The Millerites: Armageddon (History Channel) 4 min clip
This is the highly credible HISTORY CHANNEL (Roger Mudd) not the "apostates" exposing Jehovah's Witnesses as a spin-off of the William Miller movement of 1844

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 "inspection" and appointment of the Watchtower leaders as 'God's organization'.

The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards

________

Tell the truth and don't be afraid-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

Old 02-01-2007, 04:27 PM

[quote=DannyHaszard]Dissident JW member speaks out.

Dear Danny (Me thinks not!)

I saddens me to hear your frothing utterances of pure malice! Indeed there are no greater apostates, than those that turn their back on the 'Truths!' Isnt that so? Forgive me if I have misjudged you and your supporters. Especially those that have only lightly 'grazed' upon these truths in stops and starts, as they intercoursed the religious teachings of JW's. Your hatred is hurting me very much and I shan't deny it. I have a feeling however, you don't really know much about what JW's believe at all and neither do most of the opposition of JW's. All of the criticisms and slander is based on 'nothing'. If you have any substantial knowledge of how Jehovah's Witnesses conduct their daily lives, you would have shown more respect towards these people. The majority are truly wonderful, save, those that are not meant to belong for the simple reason that it is proving too 'hard' to make for the necessary sacrifices and fall in line with what the Bible Principles teach us. In our constant striving to become true Christians in the footsteps of Christ Jesus. And what it realy means as to how we should conduct our lives accordingly, in concurrence with God's requirements. It is not easy to adopt true Christian values in today's world. Why does no one ever mention all the unselfish and miriads of good and truly wonderful things about these 'people', (and people in general for that matter). Rather, as human nature goes it is generally always the 'bad' and 'negative stuff' that is stealing its way so insiduously into the hearts of many. Consider many of the works of 'goodwill' JW's have performed in the world, not just towards their own, but also in their assistance towards others, in war torn countries or areas that have been struck by disasters for example. Helping and assisting people of all religious denominations (who don't happen to be JW's). Do some research! Forget the bits and pieces about socalled 'child molesters', those ones do NOT belong in this organization. Sadly as time is running out - this evil element will corode its way into any organization. Irrespective of its religious orientation. With one difference that Jehovah does not tolerate such ones in his midst and are likewise dealt with (in a most compassionate manner I might add) and shall find their way towards a certain 'disfellowshiping.' They will not be 'judged' by their fellow JW adherents, but they will be 'removed'. I thought I'd just slip that in there so you don't have to mention it! So now it is all out in the open and dealt with.
Compare it alongside the method used by other churches of christendom, who hide their molesters within their system (I wonder why?) I think JW's perform the most responsible act of justice.

It is amazing how easy it is to 'twist' the facts - when certain individuals are on a roll however, enmasse like a pack of viscious wolves, it is curious how the false gossip seems to snowball into a 'huge momentum of slanderous accusations, founded on total ignorance. I am by no means 'active' or your proverbial 'role model' JW. But in truth and having studied many religions over my lifetime, found, when I became exposed to real 'Bible research' from the JW's standpoint, have come to recognize and 'know' with the UTMOST certainty, in an uncertain world and whirlpool of Christian dogmas prevailing, who are in possession of the 'real Truths.' For once you recognize it you will never be able to deny it again. You simply can't deny the facts. And no! it doesnt amount up to brainwashing. It amounts up to intensive individual research backed Scripturally. Old and New Testament as a whole. Give it time...and time will tell how the events of the world are going to shape. Perhaps there is less time available to us all, than we'd like to believe. I sincerely hope, you will not hold any malice towards my message, but it is the last one I will write as a member on this forum. I have met many wonderful characters in this forum, but realize that my place is not here to come to the defense JW's. God himself will 'deal' with matters in His own time and do it His way. Everything has to come to pass unpleasantly so, and to my mind this is happening right now even in a small way right here in in this forum. Where some have created a 'cesspool' of hatred. The misconceptions and severe lack of knowledge of factual Bible Prophesy is at the very root of the general consensus regards the beliefs of JW's. As opposed to truly studying the facts and Biblical facts with an honest objectivity and humility. Isnt it easy to let the 'tongue' run loose. It is so easy to knock a people rather than care about one's fellow man. Easier to negate their good deeds, and highlight and falsely fortify such fabrications of here say' about them upon exaggerated assumptions. If one had a modicum of true humility and were genuinely searching for truths, because it really matters and is something that's of the utmost importance to them, would that not soon douse the end to all those 'empty substanceless claims expessed within these threads about these God-fearing people.'

No wonder there is no peace in the world. Love for one's fellow man is sadly lacking in many, and only few will ultimately recognize the 'Truths' amongst the rubble of human dogma that has infiltrated and coroded true Chrisitianity as was taught by the early prophets and primitif Christians of Christ's day. Before the Apostasy period took over and dug its claws in and passed on a legacy of false dogma to the masses.The same of which now prevails in our midst within the religious structures of Christianity in general today.

What is so appealing about the Hellfire Dogma? Pray tell me? Is that anything to look forward to as a Christian who has strayed? Where would that leave you? Many believe that this is what a loving God would deal us for a punishment? Is the uplifting promise of a brighter future for all of mankind not much more attractive? And that indeed the worst punishment is 'Death' forever, where there is no consciousness at all? Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Take some time out and do make some honest comparisons between JW's religious practices as against Churches' Hierachial practices. Than we will talk some more maybe? I know which one sounds healthier to me! As a former raised Catholic, convent educated on the brink of and in readiness about to enter a convent as well, I know what I am talking about.

Your unhealthy notion of socalled 'recruitment' practices by JW's' also is total and utter nonsense! No JW in the whole wide world refers to preaching 'this good news of the Kingdom' as A TACTIC. You are the great 'stirrer' of all time! I can't for the life of me understand what deep unhealthy motive a person of your particular calibre harbours, that you be so vindictive in your aspertions against a people, you seemingly know not much about? We DO NOT recruit, we are merely providing a choice, by passing on a message of good hope to our fellowman. We all feel positively compelled - upon discovering these truths - to pass them to others. So Harmageddon in a way is not THE END, but the NEW BEGINNING TOWARDS A BETTER WORLD. How selfish would it be to keep all these positive things to ourselves? Matthew 24:14. Have you ever tried to follow in Jesus Christ's footsteps? It is not easy in today's world is it? However, the Gospels do state that in the 'last days' of the system of things in which we must all exist unfortunately, (and anyone tell me the world is not corrupt?) that many WILL fall away, lose their way, turn their back on the truth! Remember your scriptures? Or maybe you don't recall? Matthew 7:14?

If you like to learn a little bit more about the various topics that shall procure their profound effects on us as true Christians, should we ignore them as true Christians, than do me the honour and check out these links. :)

I have yet to enter some 65 more topics on some of the most important issues to man and issues which the Scriptures openly deals with. All you need to do is open up the pages my friend. In regard to what God considers the most desired behaviour for true Christians you will discover it, and what we need to cultivate that might maybe elevate us to true Christian standards, you may even adapt and learn it. We can only strive to do our very best as is humanly possible, but noone will ever be perfect in the pursuit of 'perfection!' As we are only human after all? Do you belong to that race too? The basic ingredients to a more loving and peaceful world is:

Tolerance for the other...
Compassion for the other...
Understanding for the other...
Respect and civility for the other...

I myself am still working on it! You either check it out or you don't! Whatever you do (or not) don't you fret!

UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME I UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME II
"Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Danny Haszard

The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire WBTS doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards

________

Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Danny Haszard

WORSE than the CATHOLIC CHURCH MORE PEDOPHILES per-capita in the Jehovah's Witnesses (less than .5% of Catholic priest were accused of abuse which means that 99.5 of priest innocent

Latest headlines on Jehovah's Witnesses and their embedded pedophile problem.

Sexual predator stays mum as he is sentenced to 2-6 years in state ...
Times Herald-Record, NY

He also was expelled from the Jehovah's Witnesses community where he was living at the time of his arrest. After he serves his time, Cano faces deportation ...

Cano sentenced for offering boys sex
Mid-Hudson News, NY - 1 hour ago
Jesus Cano, 50, who was a clergyman with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, was sentenced for the felonies of attempted use of a child in a sexual performance and ...

This Jehovah's Witnesess elder got away with his filthy acts UNTIL the worldly secular police nailed him!

Elder gets two years probation for molesting 12-year-old girl
Guelph Mercury Canada - Jan 6, 2007
A respected Jehovah's Witness elder was put on probation for two years yesterday for molesting a young girl while they were going door-to-door to spread ...

77 year old won't serve jail time for molestation charges
570 News, Canada - Jan 6, 2007
Claude Martin was a well respected Jehovah's Witness who was going door to door and inappropriately touched a 10 year old girl at a kitchener home in 2000 ...

No jail time for church elder
Waterloo Record, Canada - Jan 6, 2007
A respected Jehovah's Witness elder was put on probation for two years yesterday for molesting a young girl while they were going door to door to spread ...

OPEN YOUR EYES and PROTECT the CHILDREN from these door to door predators!

Jehovah's Witnesses pedophile cover-up worse than the Catholic Church scandal

At a glance the Jehovah's Witnesses have a profound pedophile cover-up because they "Bible thump" an obscure scriptural passage at 2.Corn 13:1 "..every matter requires TWO witnesses..".

The Church leaders require that there be " two witnesses" to a criminal act.
How many rapist permit a 'witness'?
Don't forget that Jehovah's Witnesses outreach by going door to door in YOUR community.

Could a pedophile be knocking at your door?

Learn more on this outrage

www.silentlambs.org

Old 02-02-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHaszard
WORSE than the CATHOLIC CHURCH MORE PEDOPHILES per-capita in the Jehovah's Witnesses (less than .5% of Catholic priest were accused of abuse which means that 99.5 of priest innocent

Latest headlines on Jehovah's Witnesses and their embedded pedophile problem.

Sexual predator stays mum as he is sentenced to 2-6 years in state ...
Times Herald-Record, NY

He also was expelled from the Jehovah's Witnesses community where he was living at the time of his arrest. After he serves his time, Cano faces deportation ...

Cano sentenced for offering boys sex
Mid-Hudson News, NY - 1 hour ago
Jesus Cano, 50, who was a clergyman with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, was sentenced for the felonies of attempted use of a child in a sexual performance and ...

This Jehovah's Witnesess elder got away with his filthy acts UNTIL the worldly secular police nailed him!

Elder gets two years probation for molesting 12-year-old girl
Guelph Mercury Canada - Jan 6, 2007
A respected Jehovah's Witness elder was put on probation for two years yesterday for molesting a young girl while they were going door-to-door to spread ...

77 year old won't serve jail time for molestation charges
570 News, Canada - Jan 6, 2007
Claude Martin was a well respected Jehovah's Witness who was going door to door and inappropriately touched a 10 year old girl at a kitchener home in 2000 ...

No jail time for church elder
Waterloo Record, Canada - Jan 6, 2007
A respected Jehovah's Witness elder was put on probation for two years yesterday for molesting a young girl while they were going door to door to spread ...

OPEN YOUR EYES and PROTECT the CHILDREN from these door to door predators!

Jehovah's Witnesses pedophile cover-up worse than the Catholic Church scandal

At a glance the Jehovah's Witnesses have a profound pedophile cover-up because they "Bible thump" an obscure scriptural passage at 2.Corn 13:1 "..every matter requires TWO witnesses..".

The Church leaders require that there be " two witnesses" to a criminal act.
How many rapist permit a 'witness'?
Don't forget that Jehovah's Witnesses outreach by going door to door in YOUR community.

Could a pedophile be knocking at your door?

Learn more on this outrage

www.silentlambs.org

Dear Dan
For a fifty year old man - you still havent healed, and you do have a lot of unsolved issues I have been told. I am sorry you have had to go through it yourself. No one deserves this kind of treatment, and punishment will be due to those that are deservant. Don't fill your heart with hatred for it has a way of boomeranging back at you.

All the best to you and yours,
E.
"Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

Old 02-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerantia
Dear Dan
For a fifty year old man - you still havent healed, and you do have a lot of unsolved issues I have been told. I am sorry you have had to go through it yourself. No one deserves this kind of treatment, and punishment will be due to those that are deservant. Don't fill your heart with hatred for it has a way of boomeranging back at you.

All the best to you and yours,
E.
In an earlier, way to long post, you say there is no peace in the world. I am at peace. Is that because I don't let religion cloud my thinking? Why do you feel there is no peace to be found? Perhaps it cannot be found by following the teachings in the bible.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie
In an earlier, way to long post, you say there is no peace in the world. I am at peace. Is that because I don't let religion cloud my thinking? Why do you feel there is no peace to be found? Perhaps it cannot be found by following the teachings in the bible.

Well, it certainly hasn't been found by those arguing over it has it? ;)

Sheesh! Is it a full moon or something? I think all the weather changes has affected every zealot on the planet. :eek:

It seriously makes a person want to give up religion of any and all kinds.

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 02-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHaszard

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire WBTS doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards

________

The *authority* structure falls, but not the "doctrinal." There is a difference. There are many correct things that they teach, such as the nature of God and the use of his name, the truth about the Trinity, the soul and hell, etc. None of these fall as a consequence, and these are the key that are correct. Of course they are not exclusive to the Watchtower either. But that is besides the point.

-Dave

Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie

Hi Bogie!

Yes, personally I am at peace too and have much to be grateful for! But I am acutely aware of the unrest, crime, wars raging right now in many parts of the globe where innocent women, and children are getting hacked to death in the midst of the turmoil, and a crime wave of what is referred to here in NZ now 'baby bashing'. This year alone there have been numerous children bashed to death by their own parents. Babies ages 1 - 4 years of age. Older women too, are targeted because they are defenseless in many instances. And sadly the perpetrators are young people - as young as 15. Several grandmothers (leaving behind bereaved family members) recently died from sustained injuries and blows to their heads. And...to finish them off they were also both raped. Could you ignore such news and not feel absolutely touched by such base acts of violence? And all for a couple of dollars. What is that suppose to be? Religion or no religion - it is happening and getting worse by the day. Once a peaceful country where you could leave your doors unlocked - if you had to dash out to the local corner store is now a no-no. I can't be blind to what is happening to so many unfortunate people out there. I can no longer ignore these things and pretend it is not happening. I have so much empathy for those that can't enjoy the same freedoms that perhaps you and I are able to experience,and as you say, you yourself seem at peace with your lot. I think that is great! I guess, we are some of the more fortunate ones.
Cheers!
E.