report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Honorary Member

"KENNEDY DIESEL" Exhaust Problems, SCAM??? You decide!

I am starting this thread because the troll posting for KennedyDiesel.com/TheDieselPage.com constantly goes OFF TOPIC, and the fact that this post is about a particular SCAM by those sites.
Lets see if the Troll can stay on this topic, or will do more smoke and mirrors and pointing the finger at others and bashing tactics because the topic deals directly with another of his SCAMS!

I have posted a non-edited version other than I have used bold to HIGHLIGHT the important parts!
This is the exhaust post by "rracing" posted on TheDieselPage.com, after he installed the exhaust he bought that was advertised their and sold by Kennedy Diesel at KennedyDiesel.com / KennedyTrailers.com

Originally posted by rracing:
This post is on my experience with a Kennedy exhaust system.
John Kennedy knows who I am because I bought an exhaust system from him and had problems with it, and I was a member of the thedieselpage for a few years user "rracing", I both read and posted at that forum so you could say I had tenure there. I posted about my experience with the Kennedy exhaust and below is exactly from my post at the thedieselpage, but I did the unthinkable and posted the God's honest truth, that got me banned temporarily I then told Jim Biglie my thoughts of his censorship and I was banned for good, oh what a loss not being able to read their ads...

Originally posted by rracing:
"I recently installed a Kennedy Exhaust on my '97 Suburban. Prior to ordering the JK system I had ordered a Banks system. When I received the Banks system the quality of the system was excellent. Flanges welded in place, the boss welded in the down pipe for the pyrometer, hangers welded in place so the stock hangers could be used, a one-piece tail pipe with a chrome tip and the entire system aluminized. It also came with instructions. The reason I returned it was it was a 3" system. Their system is advertised as 3" to the muffler and 3.5" from there back. EXCEPT on Suburbans. Suburbans are 3" in and out. Well, I wanted a 3.5" system so I called John Kennedy. He was very encouraging on the phone so I ordered his system. He explained about how the muffler had a freeze plug tack welded in the middle but that it could be removed with a pipe to get better flow and better sound. Sounded good to me. He told me he would include a boss with the order that could be welded into the pipe for the pyrometer. Great! Soon my shipment arrived and when I opened the box there were no flanges, no boss to weld in, no instructions and no chrome tip. Oh well it was a 3.5" system. I went to work removing the old system. Then laid out the cut to fit pipes to try to figure out which pipe went where and in which direction. The down pipe went in smoothly and fit well after bending the body seam flat that joins two sections of floor board together. This information was in the Banks instructions and I think John Kennedy told me this would make the pipe go in without rubbing. Next, I knew which two pipes were tail pipes, so I put them together and looked at the hangers supplied with the system. You could not hang the exhaust in the factory location with the hangers supplied with the system so I cut the factory hangers off the stock system with an air powered cut off wheel, rebent them for the larger diameter pipe, and welded them to the new exhaust. Now, what I have left is a pipe with an off set in it and a streight section that has a swedge on one end, which after playing with them for a while I realized they could only go in one way which rubbed on the rear heater supply lines. Both pipes were cut to fit pipes. The swedged down end fit nicely over the down pipe. Next I tried to remove the freeze plug in the muffler so it would be a flow through design. John (Kennedy) said to use a pipe. I had a three inch pipe 5' long, stood the muffler on end and beat myself silly from both ends. I did accomplish rounding the ends where the pipes slip into which pounded back into place with not much effort. I don't think it is possible to get it out that way. I finally got out my air chisel and a long cutting tip and was just barely able to reach it and remove it. Again I had to use the factory hangers cut off of the stock pipe. Now I have to remove the down pipe and weld in the boss that I had to get myself because when I told John about it he (John E. Kennedy) just said "Oh! I forgot to send it and it will cost me $6.00 to send you one." My system is in now and I am happy with it. John asked me if I could tell a big difference and honestly I can't. It is louder, you always hear it but I can't tell much difference in performance.

His (John Kennedy) answer to where the pipe was rubbing on the rear heater lines was to dent the exhaust in that location. This problem could be corrected in a couple of different ways. You could add 1" to the down part of the down pipe and put another kick up in the second pipe that goes over the frame. Or if the 3.5" section started back about 4"s further I think that would also accomplish the same results. I know that it has to be flowing better than the stock 2.75" system. I am getting 15 mpg combo driving and my Suburban is 4wd. I haven't towed anything yet so I'll see if there is a difference there. If you are planning on buying his system please address the problems, that I had, with him. I would get a 6" longer muffler also. Without the use of an automobile hoist, a MIG welder, a chop saw, an air chisel and an air powered cut-off wheel this would have been an enormous task. Sorry about the long post."

After my experience and reading the posts on this site where some kennedy promoters badmouthed and attack competiting (and better) products, and it seems kennedy products are promoted heavily in forums and often by the same few with many disguised user names, these are the ONLY ONES I ever see pushing it. I got conned by that, so BEWARE! Whether they do it full time or if they work somewhere else too and use that as their alibi and just push it for him part time makes little difference. Be careful what you read. I know my experience with that exhaust and other men who've had like problems had contacted me after I made my post there, it became clear that problems with Kennedy exhaust systems are much more common problem than he'd like you to think.I should have sent it back at the first sign of trouble, but I had my stock system off already and was stuck, and in hindsight I should have disputed the charge on my credit card on the grounds that the product was misrepresented and not as claimed.

end quote;

ANOTHER SATISFIED KENNEDY DIESEL CUSTOMER...?
you decide...

REVIEW OF FACTS:

1) PRODUCT NOT AS ADVERTISED

2) PERFORMANCE OF PRODUCT NOT AS ADVERTISED/CLAIMED

3) PRODUCT and INSTALLATION MISREPRESENTED ON WEBSITE

4) PRODUCT and INSTALLATION MISREPRESENTED ON WEB FORUM

5) FALSE, BOGUS, INFLATED AND/OR MISLEADING TESTIMONIALS

6) PRODUCT and INSTALLATION MISREPRESENTED ON TELEPHONE

7) PRODUCT INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS MISREPRESENTED

8) TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION MISREPRESENTED

9) PREPAID PRODUCT NOT DELIVERED; FAILED TO DELIVER PYROMETER BUNG

10) CREDIT NEVER GIVEN FOR PART THAT WAS NOT SENT

11) BANNING OF VICTIM AND COVER UP BY FORUM

12) UNDERHANDED AND UNETHICAL PROMOTION AND SALES TACTICS USED.

13) MISLEADING BIASED "PRODUCT REVIEW" ON THEDIESELPAGE.COM OF WHICH IT WAS NOT MADE CLEAR TO READERS THAT IT REALLY WAS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT.

14) MISLEADING POSTS MADE BY SALESMEN IN TDP FORUM

ONE or any of the above = SCAM/RIP-OFF, right?

OK, Kennedy, Care to explain this as yourself and not use any aliases?
And why you did not send the exhaust bung nor refund the money???

Old 01-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Honorary Member

Re: "KENNEDY DIESEL" Exhaust Problems, SCAM??? You decide!

Mr. Kennedy, Here is more rope... Feel free to step in here (as yourself, NO troll aliases please), and comment... ;)

Old 01-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Honorary Member

Re: "KENNEDY DIESEL" Exhaust Problems, SCAM??? You decide!

hmmm, just as expected...