report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

In an update from David Wood:

Quote:
Update on lawsuit against people unethically flagging Empower Network customer YouTube accounts:

Currently Empower Network Corp does meet Standing (law) to Sue.
And we can support our Affiliates to file suit for their losses directly.

We've set up a special inbox to focus collecting information that specifically relates to unethical, abusive, targeted flagging. Please email all correspondence here:

Email to send grievances to: EMAIL REMOVED.
It goes on to say what specifically then are looking for such as dates videos and channels were flagged and removed, info on what was in the video etc...

I sure hope that no one here has been over on Youtube flagging Empower Network videos because of the hate, because if you get caught, you might just end up in a class action law suite.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

I wonder if I should reach out to Chris Campbell y(es I do have a direct line of contact for him) and let him know about the slander and defamation of character against him here on Scam.com

Maybe I could even send David Wood an email and let him know how guys like DocB, Once_Upon_A_Time, James R, Joecool44, and BassDefender have been spreading lies, and slandering them and Empower Network here on this forum.

Since they are already gearing up for legal action against the unethical Youtube Activity, maybe they can also just add slander and defamation of character as well.

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:

Defamation of Character - The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations.

We all know there is NO shortage of that around here don't we.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...




Last edited by iamempowered : 02-18-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM
bibleman's Avatar
bibleman bibleman is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,693
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
I wonder if I should reach out to Chris Campbell y(es I do have a direct line of contact for him) and let him know about the slander and defamation of character against him here on Scam.com

Maybe I could even send David Wood an email and let him know how guys like DocB, Once_Upon_A_Time, James R, Joecool44, and BassDefender have been spreading lies, and slandering them and Empower Network here on this forum.

Since they are already gearing up for legal action against the unethical Youtube Activity, maybe they can also just add slander and defamation of character as well.

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:

Defamation of Character - The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations.

We all know there is NO shortage of that around here don't we.


Ya, but how would you be able to extract the actual libel from all the back and forth crap on both sides?

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
Ya, but how would you be able to extract the actual libel from all the back and forth crap on both sides?
well I think if it came down to it (most likely wouldn't), there are people who spend a LOT of time shifting through shit.

Especially if it were so ordered by a court order.

As I have stated to you in the past, we are only hidden to a certain extent, and if someone really wanted to, they could easily find out who we are and where we are at.

Posting behind a "Username" on a forum only gives us a FALSE sense of security.

YOU know as well as I do, IF it came down to it and any legal action came forth, they would easily find what they want. ALL the words they needed and WHO exactly said them.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

I used to work for cyberguards, and we had major clients a few in the WCW (pro wrestling).

Our job was to monitor the chat rooms etc...

I used to also run a forum, I do know that IP's are captured, it's NOT hard to find someone if you really want to.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM
bibleman's Avatar
bibleman bibleman is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,693
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

I stand by what I've said in the past.

In my opinion EN will not last. No worries from this end.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Bassdefender Bassdefender is offline
Punch. Kick. Blam!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 326
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
I stand by what I've said in the past.

In my opinion EN will not last. No worries from this end.
I don't know, EN has the expert legal counsel of David wood!

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Bassdefender Bassdefender is offline
Punch. Kick. Blam!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 326
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
I used to work for cyberguards, and we had major clients a few in the WCW (pro wrestling).

Our job was to monitor the chat rooms etc...

I used to also run a forum, I do know that IP's are captured, it's NOT hard to find someone if you really want to.
My prediction:
EN tries to sue people for flagging YouTube videos, ends up getting shutdown for being a thinly veiled cash gifting scheme.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdefender View Post
My prediction:
EN tries to sue people for flagging YouTube videos, ends up getting shutdown for being a thinly veiled cash gifting scheme.
LMAO, time will tell bass, time will tell.
I sure hope YOU were not involved in flagging videos.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Bassdefender Bassdefender is offline
Punch. Kick. Blam!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 326
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Looks like YouTube thinks EN videos are spam regardless.
"***Update: by the end of the day, they had denied my appeal, citing spam? These were legitimate posts from my actual blog, NOT SPAM You Tube (geez!)***"

Maybe it's just a fluke that EN is being blocked my two tiny little websites like Facebook an YouTube?

Good luck with your lawsuit, wussies!
(Is it defamation for Dave wood to call anyone who doesn't spend $1600 blogging for him a wussie?)




http://www.empowernetwork.com/vaness...os-on-youtube/

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdefender View Post
Looks like YouTube thinks EN videos are spam regardless.
"***Update: by the end of the day, they had denied my appeal, citing spam? These were legitimate posts from my actual blog, NOT SPAM You Tube (geez!)***"

Maybe it's just a fluke that EN is being blocked my two tiny little websites like Facebook an YouTube?

Good luck with your lawsuit, wussies!
(Is it defamation for Dave wood to call anyone who doesn't spend $1600 blogging for him a wussie?)

http://www.empowernetwork.com/vaness...os-on-youtube/
Funny how you yet AGAIN find an Empower Network Blog in order to back your claim just as someone else who claimed they couldn't find an EN blog.

In fact weren't YOU in that group making those claims???
As a matter of fact YOU were!!!

Now you try and use an EN blog to back your claim because YOU think it fits...

What about the title?

Quote:
Is there someone maliciously flagging Empower Network videos on YouTube?
Yes, some of the people were trying to work it out on their own, and YOUTUBE was NOT listening. I am sure they will change their tune IF a class action law suit goes into effect.

BTW, there are also stories of people who DID get YOUTUBE to reinstate videos and accounts.

The problem is that there is a group that is FLAGGING videos.

HATE can make people do strange things...
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Bassdefender Bassdefender is offline
Punch. Kick. Blam!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 326
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
Funny how you yet AGAIN find an Empower Network Blog in order to back your claim just as someone else who claimed they couldn't find an EN blog.

In fact weren't YOU in that group making those claims???
As a matter of fact YOU were!!!

Now you try and use an EN blog to back your claim because YOU think it fits...

What about the title?



Yes, some of the people were trying to work it out on their own, and YOUTUBE was NOT listening. I am sure they will change their tune IF a class action law suit goes into effect.

BTW, there are also stories of people who DID get YOUTUBE to reinstate videos and accounts.

The problem is that there is a group that is FLAGGING videos.

HATE can make people do strange things...
Derp.
Never said that. In fact I specifically said. You could find them if you included the term "empower network" - that was kinda the point.

As usual, you just didn't get it.

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
bibleman's Avatar
bibleman bibleman is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,693
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Flagging on youtube is one of those passive aggressive moves that is really just anonymous miscreant behavior.

Should just come here to scam.com and post how they feel. Expose the perceived scam through good argument.

Better yet, go talk to a lawyer or contact the FTC, etc....

Attempting to take someone down in a flagging manner, just as with dos attacks and whatnot is juvenile vigilantism.

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM
James R's Avatar
James R James R is offline
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,595
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
Maybe I could even send David Wood an email and let him know how guys like DocB, Once_Upon_A_Time, James R, Joecool44, and BassDefender have been spreading lies, and slandering them and Empower Network here on this forum.
Where have I heard that before?

Ah....right here in this forum...numerous times!

Get ready for some threads to disappear, more banned words....that's if the EN folks can take a break from counting money and follow through.

Empower Network = ******* *******

I have seen more creative threats. This one was pretty weak.
__________________
Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdefender View Post
Derp.
Never said that. In fact I specifically said. You could find them if you included the term "empower network" - that was kinda the point.

As usual, you just didn't get it.
Derp, and as I said, YOU bash EN, the blogs, the peop,le, and everything to do with it...

UNTIL.....

YOU find something that you think benefits you and your cause...

Then all of a sudden the Empower Network people and blogs are fine for reference...
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
Where have I heard that before?

Ah....right here in this forum...numerous times!

Get ready for some threads to disappear, more banned words....that's if the EN folks can take a break from counting money and follow through.

Empower Network = ******* *******

I have seen more creative threats. This one was pretty weak.
As long as YOU were not over at youtube flagging videos Jimmy, I think you are safe...

But I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see some threads go ***POOF***
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
ChrisN's Avatar
ChrisN ChrisN is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,483
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Ok, so I am not a lawyer, but... just how the hell would this be a class action lawsuit. Class action is when lots of plantifs are suing the _SAME_ defendant(s) for the same thing.

All of the owners that were flagged by a specific user could attempt to get a class action suit, AGAINST ONE PERSON, but each defendant would need their own case.

They would have to hire a lawyer, and sue, then get a judge to force youtube to give up IP addresses, then get the judge to authorize forcing each provider to give up the name...

THEN they would have to prove actual damages... How much does the average Empower network person make? A few K at most? How is anyone going to go through ALL of these steps just for the possible windfall of a couple thousand dollars plus legal fees.

BUT add to this - what exactly did people do that was illegal by flagging a video on youtube? I don't see that as even a tort....

My personal oppinion is that this is a COMPLETE load of crap....

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM
iamempowered's Avatar
iamempowered iamempowered is offline
Back In Black Baby :o)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,393
Re: Empower Network - Taking LEGAL ACTION NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
Ok, so I am not a lawyer, but... just how the hell would this be a class action lawsuit. Class action is when lots of plantifs are suing the _SAME_ defendant(s) for the same thing.

All of the owners that were flagged by a specific user could attempt to get a class action suit, AGAINST ONE PERSON, but each defendant would need their own case.

They would have to hire a lawyer, and sue, then get a judge to force youtube to give up IP addresses, then get the judge to authorize forcing each provider to give up the name...

THEN they would have to prove actual damages... How much does the average Empower network person make? A few K at most? How is anyone going to go through ALL of these steps just for the possible windfall of a couple thousand dollars plus legal fees.

BUT add to this - what exactly did people do that was illegal by flagging a video on youtube? I don't see that as even a tort....

My personal oppinion is that this is a COMPLETE load of crap....
Well to be fair I think I used the words "Class Action", in which I could be wrong and in that case stand corrected, the wording in the update simply stated "law suit".

Make no mistake about it, it is REAL, and the information IS being collected.

It's NOT that anyone did anything illegal, it's that a group of haters specifically went after videos about EN, and were just flagging them simply because it was EN related, which brings a whole new light to the scene.

This now becomes malicious activity with the specific intent to ruin someones account just for the hell of it.
__________________
I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Empower Network bsc8987 MLM Scams 28 03-01-2013 07:48 AM
Hopefully someone will take legal action against Empower Network (scam) Bassdefender MLM Scams 16 02-23-2013 10:55 PM
Empower Network - 'Class Action Lawsuit' Yawn... MLM Scams 10 02-20-2013 11:07 PM
neucopia, like empower network and network maketing vt, scam or not? tbag MLM Scams 2 09-16-2012 06:19 PM
International member Taking Action Lawsuit against Stormpay scamfund Internet Scams 2 03-08-2006 01:12 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.