report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses do not Hate people

Are you saying you speak for all Muslims? This should be interesting.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Diamond Member

I wish the word cult would get used correctly. All organized religion is in fact a cult. That simple. There is no real negative connotations with the word cult. Anything negative associated with the word cult is from todays perception of the word, not the actual definition of the word.

I hate generalizations and misuse of words. (I'm sure I'm guilty of both.) However, they just annoy me when I find them.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry05_99
Are you saying you speak for all Muslims? This should be interesting.
Basically, I take the orthodox Sunni Islamic position on most issues.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud
Basically, I take the orthodox Sunni Islamic position on most issues.
So you avoid the question?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
I wish the word cult would get used correctly. All organized religion is in fact a cult. That simple. There is no real negative connotations with the word cult. Anything negative associated with the word cult is from todays perception of the word, not the actual definition of the word.

I hate generalizations and misuse of words. (I'm sure I'm guilty of both.) However, they just annoy me when I find them.
I love the fresh air that you bring to this trash dump Lisa. I think you're the only one to ever admit guilt to anything here. :)

Old 01-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
So you avoid the question?
I didn't avoid anything. My answer was very precise. Sunni Muslims are about 85% of all Muslims in the world. I am a Sunni Muslim. I am very well educated in all aspects of the religion. I take the orthodox Sunni position when giving any answers to questions about Islam.

Understand?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Diamond Member

lol, Thanks bogie. To be honest, I'm surprised I can really post anything useful right now. I'm so excited about Sunday I even got my nails done in blue and white. About 60% of my thoughts are about that game. It's probably going to drive me crazy by the end of the week.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
lol, Thanks bogie. To be honest, I'm surprised I can really post anything useful right now. I'm so excited about Sunday I even got my nails done in blue and white. About 60% of my thoughts are about that game. It's probably going to drive me crazy by the end of the week.
You're one sick woman. :D I'll be pulling for Payton too. Should be a great game. Why the Colts for you? You from Indy?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Several years ago I worked on a crew with 10 people. 6 of the crew were Jehovah Whitnesses, and so was the boss. I was a Baptist back then, so all of then ganged up on me. And the boss tried as hard as he could to get me fired. Everyone of them had married a woman who was a JW, so they had to join the church to be married to them. They tried to preach their of cult theology to me on a regular basis. I worked with these guys for several years.
Here was the outcome of all 7:
Three of them ended up getting a divorce when their wives went out on them. And quit the JW church.
One lied about a back injury, and went on perment disability.(he had told me ahead of time the he was going to fake the injury)
Another left the church when his wife had to seek mental health professionals, because of the snubbing of all of her so called JW friends when she had left the JW church.
The last of the JW's on the crew, renounced the JW church, when him and his wife became Baptists.
But the real kicker was my boss who was a Elder at JW Kingdom Hall. He got caught by the police masturbating in public, and was denounced in the church.

I had a really tough time when I was working around the JW's. And that has made me unfriendly towards their cult. Back then I had read several books about what they teach. So when the guys started preaching to me on the job, I knew rebuttals to their scripture quotes. That made it worse, and I was ostricised by them. But, as they left the JW's one by one, things got easier for me. Especially when the boss man was No longer my boss because he had to go off to a mental health facility.

I read that Jehovah Whtnesses have the highest suicide rate of any church. Based on my personal observation of what the JW cult dose to people, I don't doubt it.

Here is a site where all of the people who at one time were in the JW cult. But thru friends and deprogramers were able to salvage their lives.

www.exjw.meetup.com
omigosh...i know that post wasnt meant to be humorous.... but i cant remember laughing that loud.... great post. great, GREAT post. very funny.

thanks for making my day.

i am neither JW, or anti-JW (i dont know enough about them to formulate a meaningful opinion.... don't they believe that they are to be one of the 144,000? or something like that?)

regardless... that is a great post either way...

Old 01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Diamond Member

Lol, no. Actually, I started as Peyton Manning fan. My dad and brother were rooting for him about 8 years ago and I just thought he was kind of cute. My state (Utah) doesn't have a pro team, most people here go for the Bronco's. (Who I hate.) I'm a true blue Colts and 49er's fan. My dad raised me to like both these teams. So I guess it's a family thing.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lol, no. Actually, I started as Peyton Manning fan. My dad and brother were rooting for him about 8 years ago and I just thought he was kind of cute. My state (Utah) doesn't have a pro team, most people here go for the Bronco's. (Who I hate.) I'm a true blue Colts and 49er's fan. My dad raised me to like both these teams. So I guess it's a family thing.
I like Payton because he's Archie's son. Back when Archie was with Ol' Miss I thought he should have won the Heisman but Jim Plunket took it that year. Quite a family.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I didn't avoid anything. My answer was very precise. Sunni Muslims are about 85% of all Muslims in the world. I am a Sunni Muslim. I am very well educated in all aspects of the religion. I take the orthodox Sunni position when giving any answers to questions about Islam.

Understand?
The question was do YOU speak for all Muslims? UNDERSTAND??????

Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
The question was do YOU speak for all Muslims? UNDERSTAND??????
Unlike Christianity, Islam has only a few iterations. Obviously, Dawud is not speaking for all Muslims. But he is telling you the Orthodox Sunni stance--which many Muslims do adhere to.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexKid
Unlike Christianity, Islam has only a few iterations. Obviously, Dawud is not speaking for all Muslims. But he is telling you the Orthodox Sunni stance--which many Muslims do adhere to.

You need to read the whole thread here complexKid, it has nothing to do with his beliefs. It has to do with his hatred for certian groups.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

and the FINAL question is.....what does it TAKE for people to LIKE other people!?hehe!!....just askin...

Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexKid
Thanks complexkid! I guess I wasn't saying what I ment correctly.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
You need to read the whole thread here complexKid, it has nothing to do with his beliefs. It has to do with his hatred for certian groups.
I never said I hated the JW's. I just don't care to be around them. And from my experiance any theological dialogue you try to have with them is from a JW script they are forced to memorize and recite.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGfranky75
omigosh...i know that post wasnt meant to be humorous.... but i cant remember laughing that loud.... great post. great, GREAT post. very funny.

thanks for making my day.

i am neither JW, or anti-JW (i dont know enough about them to formulate a meaningful opinion.... don't they believe that they are to be one of the 144,000? or something like that?)

regardless... that is a great post either way...
Thanks! Now that I reread it, it dose seem kind of humorous :)