report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Re: Porter Stansberry Investment

Once Upon a Time, You got me really pissed off! You are calling everyone here (yes, I'm exaggerating) Mr. Stansberry. You waste my time really so many of your posts, it gets my SO frustrated, I'm calling you Mr. Stansberry! Stop wasting your time protecting this forum with your views and grow up. Hey dude, I'm ready for a ban as well as a deletion of this post. I'm that mad to get this off my chest. Take this note well, your a senior member but it means nothing cos that rank only means you have more posts. It means your talkative but doesn't necessarily means you add value to this forum. JUST SHUT UP!

Alright, since that's over. I apologise but you really have to grow up man, ur killing us. Okay, i read that someone talks back to you. but guess what I will never read your reply either. Haha, go ahead, be stubborn and reply for the world to see, but be sure, it ain't me.

I think MissJane is cool.
Watch the cbn site. My eyes roll when they can't pronouce the name. No biggie, just that it sounds so worthy of a sigh. oh yeah its a news site cbn.com and i stand by not believing in any media. sorry.

conclusion: download all the reports posted on page 1, study them and make your own judgements. personally, i was bought into the infomation he shared. but at the end, being a marketer, everything drop once the pitch started. though the infomation was good. i'm never interested in purchasing anything. thanks for the above posted for giving his reports for free.

lastly, sorry again to once upon a time, i really don't usually flame, i'm a sensible person but u got on my nerve. and for those who want personal advice u can pm me. take care all!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago K9 View Post
...he's doing it for free ...seems to let us in on the how and why...I for one am going to investigate with an open mind.
The information he is giving away for free is a fair regurgitation of predigested insights culled from many other more credible sources. Clever packaging does not bespeak clever advice. I am NOT a financial analyst, but I AM an investor and I have seen too many clever pitches and shook hands with too many sharks. A book was recently published by a very esteemed economist. The review was in the Globe and Mail about two months ago. Sorry I don't remember the name, but that book would be a better read than a biased newsletter. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scammember View Post
Once Upon a Time, You got me really pissed off! You are calling everyone here (yes, I'm exaggerating) Mr. Stansberry. You waste my time really so many of your posts, it gets my SO frustrated, I'm calling you Mr. Stansberry! Stop wasting your time protecting this forum with your views and grow up. Hey dude, I'm ready for a ban as well as a deletion of this post. I'm that mad to get this off my chest. Take this note well, your a senior member but it means nothing cos that rank only means you have more posts. It means your talkative but doesn't necessarily means you add value to this forum. JUST SHUT UP!
It seems that the one person I piss off the most in this thread is Mr. Stansberry in his various aliases.

Why is it that the people most prone to doing internet shouting are either the people with the weakest arguments or the scammers themselves?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinstone View Post
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...t_NoReport.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...eport_Quit.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...ort_Silver.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...GOLD_BIBLE.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...ort_crisis.pdf

Just wanted to see the free reports, these look way to simplistic to me. I'll be doing a charge back, he stated the reports were free, so hopefully this will save you folks some time. Enjoy the 6 to 8 page free reports and good luck getting that land in a foreign country.
Hey thanks for the links to Porters 'investment advice'. I was flatly appalled by Porter's paranoid propaganda. Case in point is his investment newsletter dated january 2011 titled; The Four Investment Assets You Do NOT Have to Report to the U.S. Government.

His first recommendation, TIP No. 1: Open a Foreign Bank Account – Soon located on page 3 states: "....But trust me when I tell you Caye Bank is safer than most U.S. banks. You see, Belize mandates its banks maintain 24% capital liquidity versus the 3%-5% in the U.S. In other words, your bank in Belize has cash to cover 24% of the demand deposits it carries. They don’t make banks much more liquid than this..."

What the F@#k? ....trust me when I tell you Caye Bank is safer than most U.S. banks..... That is statement is simply not true. Porter is stating in print a bold face lie. In the past 75 years no depositor has lost even one dollar in an FDIC covered US Bank account. And as far as liquidity is concerned in the event of a Bank failure funds were available usually same day, with interest.

There is no question in the finance industry that ANY Belize Bank is far riskier that ANY US Bank.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinstone View Post
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...t_NoReport.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...eport_Quit.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...ort_Silver.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...GOLD_BIBLE.pdf

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pu...ort_crisis.pdf

Just wanted to see the free reports, these look way to simplistic to me. I'll be doing a charge back, he stated the reports were free, so hopefully this will save you folks some time. Enjoy the 6 to 8 page free reports and good luck getting that land in a foreign country.
Sorry folks, following Porter's advice could get you in heap of trouble. Again, in Mr. Standsberry's newsletter on page#5 dated January 2011 titled:
The Four Investment Assets You Do NOT Have to Report to the U.S. Government:
TIP No. 4: Gold in the Bank

Wrong again Standsberry. Gold in the bank IS reportable in an offshore account.*

*See IRS.GOV. FAQs Regarding Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) - Financial Accounts
Q. Is an FBAR required for accounts maintained with financial institutions located in a foreign country if the accounts hold noncash assets, such as gold?
A. Yes. An account with a financial institution that is located in a foreign country is a financial account for FBAR purposes whether the account holds cash or non-monetary assets.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Diamond Member

Some of the things that were mentioned as Stansberry recommendations could also get you into heaps of trouble for violating the Anti-Money Laundering statutes here. So, not only is he full of it, he could get you legal headaches for listening to him.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
Some of the things that were mentioned as Stansberry recommendations could also get you into heaps of trouble for violating the Anti-Money Laundering statutes here. So, not only is he full of it, he could get you legal headaches for listening to him.
Indeed, Once Upon A Time, The Patriot Act with the associated AML (Anti-Money Laundering rule & Regs.) and required Suspicious Activity Reports by banks and brokerage firms in AND outside the US will nail you in half a heartbeat. If I recollect the threshold is as little as $2,500 for a wire transfer for an automatic report AND any series of transactions AND/OR any financial intermediary can report at anytime any activity that in their judgement warrants a report. It is a cover your ass type of thing. No bank or person in any country will risk trouble with the US treasury. Stansberry obfuscates and willfully misrepresents facts to sell his 'newsletter'.
http:///www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/pdf/20110224.pdf

Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just heard a radio commercial for this scam on Big 105.9 FM WBGG FM Fort Lauderdale/Miami saying to go to endofamerica92.com and "at least watch the free video". There was no video on the site. I'm surprised to see little notability on this scam other than this thread, but I do see the four year gap in it, having been started in 2007 and revived a few months ago and now busy, it must be a recent thing this part of the scam. Miami is a haven for fraud and scams, so bad to the point that it makes it hard to do honest business here, so I'm not surprised to hear a scam commercial on the radio here. But hey! If Miami hasn't collapsed yet I'd say America as a whole is doin all right!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This thread is getting rather comical. In my original post, I was trying to say: Investigate Stansberry's claims about the economy for yourself. Look into it. You may find something to worry about and maybe even something that needs preparation.

The comical part is that some of you are still arguing about Stansberry itself rather than looking into its claims about the future economy.

An open mind does not mean the mind should accept everything it contacts. But, the open mind investigates, reasons and then decides the value.

Another comical point is that some of you actually believe that the government and courts decide what is just and right.

Last edited by Jackthepatriot : 04-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackthepatriot View Post
This thread is getting rather comical. In my original post, I was trying to say: Investigate Stansberry's claims about the economy for yourself. Look into it. You may find something to worry about and maybe even something that needs preparation.
The comical part is that some of you are still arguing about Stansberry itself rather than looking into its claims about the future economy.
An open mind does not mean the mind should accept everything it contacts. But, the open mind investigates, reasons and then decides the value.
Another comical point is that some of you actually believe that the government and courts decide what is just and right.
No, in your original post you were trying to spam us into reading your website where you say you were right and the government prosecutors who accused you of being a scammer, liar, and thief were in the wrong.

Gotta keep your aliases straight my man.

Unless of course you are suggesting people should believe what you say about one thing when you are completely full of it with so many other things you say.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:

Jackthepatriot, I completely agree with you. One should investigate Standsberry's claims about the future economy. For example: Standsberry claims that food prices will double by next year. I will give you 100 to 1 that food prices will not double by next year.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I hate to say this but I can't help it. My wife buys Folgers Coffee or she used to. It cost about $6 a lb 3 months ago. Sometimes she found it for $5. Yesterday she saw it for $10. We don't drink Folgers anymore. The problem is the cost of food is going up and not just coffee but milk and just about everything else.

Anything imported is getting expensive because of inflation. The dollar is on the list of currencies that off shore companies don't want. Things made here are getting expensive because of inflation and the cost of doing business is getting expensive.

Oh Wait!! Did Stansberry say something like this?

Last edited by Jackthepatriot : 04-15-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:21 AM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
I hate to say this but I can't help it. My wife buys Folgers Coffee or she used to. It cost about $6 a lb 3 months ago. Sometimes she found it for $5. Yesterday she saw it for $10. We don't drink Folgers anymore. The problem is the cost of food is going up and not just coffee but milk and just about everything else.

Anything imported is getting expensive because of inflation. The dollar is on the list of currencies that off shore companies don't want. Things made here are getting expensive because of inflation and the cost of doing business is getting expensive.

Oh Wait!! Did Stansberry say something like this?
Oh Yes! That does sound like something Standsberry would say.

Could you please reference the document, or 'list', of currencies that off shore companies don't want. I am completely unaware that such a document exists.

Thank you in advance.

Re inflation: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics; year over year inflation March 2010 to March 2011 was 2.7%.* See Consumer Price Index, http://www.bls.gov/cpi/

Granted, I reckon that Stansberry would not consider the Bureau of Labor Statistics a credible source of information insofar as it is a US Government publication.

*http://feed://www.bls.gov/feed/cpi_latest.rss

Old 04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
Stanberry's pitch is riddled with truth, but mostly hype.

It's really fun to listen to "End of America 33" for all the mistakes contained in it.

Does anyone know what the "best investment in the entire universe" is?

I came across the Video,inadvertently. it was a long video i had to watch it .. a warning ok yeah looks good... LMAO .. wow ingenius marketing ploy.. had no idea this was for a newsletter... OK here is answer/ speculation... Best investment in a crisis.. 2 gazzilion % increase... his investment i guess is Bottled water,,, it use to be free now we pay $1.89 for a little bottle. with prior SEC suits i found googling. ill keep my $49.99 or $99... and i see after subscribing you get more offers that in the past cost $1000 and google search of reviews mention his letters costing like $5000 per year..

Old 04-18-2011, 06:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If we really believed this guy Porter, we would all be buying condos in a missle silo in North Dakota.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:15 AM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpscll View Post
If we really believed this guy Porter, we would all be buying condos in a missle silo in North Dakota.
Porter is a clever bastard.... Selling misinformation to the paranoid and uninformed.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
Stanberry's pitch is riddled with truth, but mostly hype.

It's really fun to listen to "End of America 33" for all the mistakes contained in it.

Does anyone know what the "best investment in the entire universe" is?
Yes, shorting the U.S. dollar, that is your best investment tip of the year. lol

Old 04-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

Funny, at best, every so called financial economic analyst is only right 50% of the time, so the winners and losers will be equal, nothing new, but having listened to his, and the Weiss report, they are more correct than not at this point in time, but then again, any idiot who does a little research can come to the same conclusion and save their $49. Bottom line, there is no way for gov. to pull its ass out of fire beyond this year, so hang onto your financial butts. lol