report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Porter Stansberry Investment

Does anyone know anything about this? He claims to have done research on Part D Compensation - and that if you invest in drug companies he recommends, there are big profits but the cost to get this info is $99. His name does not come when I searched before.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Porter Stansberry Investment

His reputation on Internet as stock hypester precedes him.

http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/porter-stansberry.htm

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/comp18090.htm

Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Newbie Member

I just heard a commercial for his essay ( I don't know what else to call it) "The End of America" and it got my attention. I searched for videos and there were many, but the ones I looked at had no comments and were not accepting comments. This is a red flag for me.

Then I tried to search him on Scam.com; the result said it was blocked for malicious content. I tried to search other key words not related to porter stansberry and got the same message.

Is the search feature at scam.com down?

I must admit that his essay got my attention, but I'm skeptical. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiedane View Post
I just heard a commercial for his essay ( I don't know what else to call it) "The End of America" and it got my attention. I searched for videos and there were many, but the ones I looked at had no comments and were not accepting comments. This is a red flag for me.
Then I tried to search him on Scam.com; the result said it was blocked for malicious content. I tried to search other key words not related to porter stansberry and got the same message.
I must admit that his essay got my attention, but I'm skeptical. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Google Stansberry and SEC and you might notice one or two reasons not to do business with this bozo.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Porter Stansberry is an anti-government extremist who delights in calling our president "Komrade Obama" even though subscribers to his investment services have complained. So his "End of America" essay, while it may have some value, probably is exaggerated. I have two of the services under the umbrella of Stansberry Research & Associates, the True Wealth by Dr. Steve Sjuggerud and the S&A Resource Report by Matt Badiali, two pretty decent persons, as far as I can tell; and their services have good track records. But Stansberry's methods of selling his services are downright deceptive, to put it mildly. Once you buy them, you have a 60-day or 90-day period to rescind, but you lose 10 percent of the cost. The price I paid recently for his Retirement Trader service of Dr. David Eifrig was $1,500, and I was at first not allowed $150 of the refund until I threatened to complain to the SEC that the promotion represented this service as something other than what it was. I had no opportunity to call beforehand to ask questions because I received the promotional e-mail over a holiday weekend and the office was closed, and the offer expired at midnight of that holiday. The same thing happened with another service I bought, and that time my credit card company successfully disputed the charge. And as one of the persons posting noted, Stansberry has been sued by the SEC. Of course, he claims that he did nothing wrong and the government that he hates was picking on him.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This site gives quite an interesting view on Stansberry and his business. Suffice to say that after reading it, I'd rather NOT buy a darn thing from him.

http://greenlaserreviews.com/2010/12/03/stansberry-review/

Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

See the latest version of Stansberry's piece: The End of America. Go to: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/OPSIM106/PR

Sounds like one of the things Stansberry offers is some version of a "Silver Accumulation Program" -- you buy silver on borrowed money, hoping to cash in when the price of silver goes up. This was a popular scheme during the 1980s, when political and economic conditions were similar to those of today.

I have looked at Stansberry's website and marketing pieces off and on during the past year or so. Don't be taken in by his artful copy writing that plays on both fear of loss and the desire for "insider information."

Stansberry's style of writing represents a copy writing genre - but if I told you the name for it, the marketing insiders would be furious. However, if you subscribe to my newsletter, I'll reveal the secret in a free report.

Before you even think about sending him any money, search the internet and find out what others have learned about the investment programs Stansberry is offering.
See my post at http://www.retirementincomelafayette...hat-is-it.html

Old 02-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In the sake of fairness, the following article is Stansberry's personal statement regarding his SEC suit.

http://dailyreckoning.com/why-the-se...u-should-care/

Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Anyone landing here because they saw the video need not be looking for evidence to convict the messenger.

As he states the best case scenario is for inflation that this generation has never seen.

Thanks to Porter for getting the message out.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

He seems to have a lot of good data on the impending collapse of the dollar and how to survive in spite of it. Clue: The warning signs are all around us.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch2011 View Post
Anyone landing here because they saw the video need not be looking for evidence to convict the messenger.
As he states the best case scenario is for inflation that this generation has never seen.
Thanks to Porter for getting the message out.
So, Mr. Stansberry,

How many of your other multiple personalities are you going to allow to come here and post in your defense?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancrough View Post
Does anyone know anything about this? He claims to have done research on Part D Compensation - and that if you invest in drug companies he recommends, there are big profits but the cost to get this info is $99. His name does not come when I searched before.
This guy is playing a classic scam--one of the most common in finance: hype precious metals as they approach their peak.

Understand a few common truths of the ebb and flow of commodity values relative to entering into and out of recessions.
  1. Commodity prices always decline leading into recession and always increase leading out of recesssion.
  2. Precious metals tend to attract investment durring recession as a safe haven.
  3. Precious metals which have an industrial purpose--like silver and platinum and NOT gold tend to be affected by both trends.
Stansberry buys silver at its high and trys to unload it when it is near its high.

The reason why Stansberry and folks like him push metal investments at time like this is to unload inventory.

Its that simple.

As far as the rest of his so called econmic analysis goes its a hodge podge of facts assembled to sell his products.

Here is one simple fact. The prices of indutrial commodities DEFLATED sharply durring the recession. coming out of recession they are inflating. This almost ALWAYS occurrs durring recovery. The rate of such inflation tends to be high at first and then levels off as the recovery levels off at a standard growth rate and supply of commodities increases to meet demand.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiedane View Post

In my opinion, it is a good thing to use your mind instead of your emotions when approaching any type of investment. The use of scare tactics are very troubling to me. There are a few "buttons" that are utilized when attempting to motivate people to do things that may be against their better judgment...Politicians are famous for them. Fear and greed are among the most effective. The video is very effective because anyone with just a little bit of common sense realizes we are in huge trouble with our economy and it continues to get worst on a daily basis. Most thinking people feel that they should do something. Mr. Stansberry is astute enough to realize this. My last point is the actual product. Who would not want to be involved in a cure for cancer or Aids? This is another so-called button. Unfortunately, most consumers WANT to be lied to...they are not cognizant of this but it is part of human nature. Hence the statement "love is blind". Reminds me of the line in the movie A Few Good Men..."you can't handle the truth". Most people reject the truth. It destabilizs their reality. I have worked, as a financial agent, one on one with literally one million people. This is very unfortunate but deniel is very prevelant...especially when it comes to romance and finances.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The Stock Gumshoe (http://stockgumshoe.com/) has covered many of Porter Stansberry's investment newsletter teaser's. He has yet to cover this particular teaser but some have been financially beneficial!!??!!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I recently watched Endofamerica22.com. I heard the commercial for it on the radio and it caught my attention. I have never heard of this guy before but he seemed to posses much knowledge regarding the current economic state of the U.S and other nations. Whether some sort of catastrophic event will haven in 2011 or not, it is naive to deny that the state of our nation is going down very quickly. We are in debt and can't get out. We owe more money than we can pay back; and our dollar is diminishing in value. What i found most interesting is the comments he made regarding various nations devising a plan to make a unified reserve currency. I dont know what this mans spiritual beliefs are, but for those of you that have read the Bible, you will recognize a similar theme when it comes to "end of the world events"(one world currency). Our nation continues to dig itself into debt. We are bailing out companies with Government money that the government does not have just to maintain a status-quo. Think about it...

Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Too good to be true for 49.95.

And I can guess that after you pay that, then you will be pressured to purchase more of his information/reports.

I think those on this site that support him are probably part of the 50 people he has working for/with him to high pressure sell you.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
See the latest version of Stansberry's piece: The End of America. Go to: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/OPSIM106/PR

Sounds like one of the things Stansberry offers is some version of a "Silver Accumulation Program" -- you buy silver on borrowed money, hoping to cash in when the price of silver goes up. This was a popular scheme during the 1980s, when political and economic conditions were similar to those of today.

I have looked at Stansberry's website and marketing pieces off and on during the past year or so. Don't be taken in by his artful copy writing that plays on both fear of loss and the desire for "insider information."

Stansberry's style of writing represents a copy writing genre - but if I told you the name for it, the marketing insiders would be furious. However, if you subscribe to my newsletter, I'll reveal the secret in a free report.

Before you even think about sending him any money, search the internet and find out what others have learned about the investment programs Stansberry is offering.
See my post at http://www.retirementincomelafayette...hat-is-it.html
I think he might be involved in bringing down the economy along with Soros,he does a lot of negative speculating.As wealthy as he is with his perdictions he can do a lot of damage.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com