report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Johnny Angel

property hammer

I've noticed a few arguments over this one kicking off in other forums of late. The propertyhammer rampers seem to think they have some genius level new idea about realty, and how to sell it, that 'doesn't involve online or offline' (how then? Telepathy???)

Anyone got any info about them? Looks like a beaut shaping up to me, with upfront fees in the 25,000 USD range!

Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Johnny Angel

Re: property hammer

OK, there is a thread about this on the singingpig, and the general consensus seems to be that propertyhammer is a scam - anyone got any counter info???

Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Basically it is an auction website! You pay £15,000 and they train you to value properties and then sell them on their online auction page!

Hopeless idea, waste of money in my opinion. They've got a few idiots signed up though - one born every minute!!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Johnny Angel

Thanks Pete, I guess that solves that one!

There are auctions for houses already. Thinking they can come in from nowhere and 'take over' this inernet sector is the silliest idea I've heard since prebuttered toast.

Propertyhammer, you are accused of being a scam as this ;in http://www.singingpig.co.uk/forums/7...howThread.aspx shows. Feel free to argue back if you believe you have been unfairly treated, and can address the innumerable inconsistencies and halftruths in your pitch.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The thread has now been pulled with this explanation:

"Content removed on request of lawyers acting for Property Hammer Ltd".

Obviously don't want people finding out what a rip-off their business is.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Johnny Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_1970
The thread has now been pulled with this explanation:

"Content removed on request of lawyers acting for Property Hammer Ltd".

Obviously don't want people finding out what a rip-off their business is.
singing pig seem to have no balls, as far as I can tell. Mind you, it is a very 'noddy' website, so they probably don't think it's worth fighting for the truth.

That would seem to be conclusive proof that propertyhammer is a scam.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Is anyone able to provide a summary of the reasons why the propertyhammer concept is apparently a scam?

The secretive nature of the company's promotion makes me suspicious but I'm still curious. The whole estate agency industry has been one big scam for years (IMO of course). Anything that offers a viable alternative has to be worth a look.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Johnny Angel

propertyHammer is an online property auction idea. So much for 'revolutionary'.

They want you to pay an ENORMOUS amount for your 'franchise' upfront because they dont have enough cash to get it going otherwise.

BTW, if you want to be involved in online property auctions, there are a number of reputable established copanies out there. Apparently. Companies that DON'T have to spend all their resources threatening to sue little internet websites for printing the truth about scams...

Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Has anyone actually got any real information relating to this company? I notice there are 2 figures quoted for set up fee - dollars and pounds - do i take it they operate in the US also?

If there is any real information on property hammer I would be interested to see/review it.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Johnny Angel

you can ask them to send you their 'brochure'.

Be warned, use a disposable email address, as they will spam you mercilessly afterward.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I doubt the brochure would tell you much as it seems that they want you to sign a confidentiality agreement before they tell you anything.

The concept of an online property auction is interesting but I can't see how practical it is. You'd be a fool to buy property without actually seeing it in person first and I can't see much of an advantage over a normal auction.

I think I'll give this one a miss.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Its my Mojo, Baby

I'd lay off these guys if I was you. They sue first, and ask questions later, even if propertyhammer is a crock of bull****

Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This afternoon I came across this thread and was truly amazed that uninformed people can get away with saying crap like the above and getting away with it; then whining because a company that they have no real knowledge of wants to use legal means to protect itself from libel. I am not directly involved in property hammer but I do know some of the people who are involved at different levels, and I can state the following FACTS with confidence.
1 IT IS NOT A SCAM, it is a legitimate and genuine atttempt to bring something new to the property market.
2 It is not guaranteed to take the world by storm NO NEW BUSINESS VENTURE EVER IS
3 There is nothing sinister about keeping your usp secret until such a time that you feel that it can safely be revealed.
4 Several people have paid the initial fee and recieved training, resources and equipment ready for the launch. They are genuinely pleased with what they have recieved so far.

If you are really concerned with justice on this site why, when I clicked on the button marked 'complaints', did I get a smug account of a legal precedent which translated as 'if innocent parties have their good names besmirched here tough luck we just don't care'.
Scams exist so it is a really good idea to have a website which fights back but not where any halfwit can mudsling at genuine, hardworking, honest people just for the hell of it. :mad:

Old 06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Katy, you may be right. However, the website at www.propertyhammer.com seems to have disappeared... :confused:

Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello
I have read the comments regarding Property Hammer and have to say I canít make my mind up. I have been looking for a decent franchise now for about a year and thought I had found it with PH. I have looked into this franchise comprehensively and also met some of those involved and have to say it does seem genuine to me. However it is human nature to doubt something that looks like a good idea especially in the UK where negative thoughts a views seem to be part of life! Iím not saying PH is not a scam and like most you I would like to know for definite. If PH is genuine and legitimate then I wont have any hesitation in investing my money. After reading some of the negative comments though I must say the ďseed of doubtĒ is enough to put me off until proved otherwise.
If anyone out there can add more information rather than unverified comments then please do.
Iím like a lot of people out there searching for the right idea but itís sometimes like chasing a bloody rainbow!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Its my Mojo, Baby

looks lik ethe comment swere correct - they couldn't even keep the website running for a year. let alone a business

Old 06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Mojo
I still donít see any concrete evidence of PH being a scam. We can all write comments saying whatever we want and then state they are correct, which in turn means nothing unless proof is given. If PH have lawyers as suggested by Pete-1970 then who are these lawyers? I canít see lawyers threatening anything unless they have good reason to. Would a lawyer stake his reputation by getting involved and would someone waste money on a lawyer if there wasnít cause to? Iím not trying to stick up for PH however this situation just seems to be people casting doubt over something they have no knowledge of. I have looked into why the website has been pulled and there appears to some changes within the company s hence the site is being updated.
Like most of you I would like to see the truth and would like Angry Katy to put some more info as to what is actually happening, as she seems to know those concerned.
:eek:

Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Its my Mojo, Baby

WOW YOU REALLY KNOW YOUR STUFF A COMPANY WHO CANT EVEN KEEP A HELLO PAGE ON THE WEB DONT INSPIRE ME WITH ANY CONFIDENCE LET ALONE A DESIRE TO RISK 15000 WITH THEM FOR A FRANCHISE THEY WONT EVEN EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ENORMOUS TV CAMPAIGN ETC MAYBE ANGRY KATE SHOULD PUT SOME MORE MONEY IN IT LOOKS LIKE THEY NEED IT