report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

VOT-Virtual Office Temps...scam or no?

So, I found this link (http://www.virtualassistantjobs.com/) on a different website I go to that has nothing to do with work at home or scams. I have looked at it very closely for red flags and can't seem to find much. For example, as long as you have certain programs on your computer...there doesn't seem to be any fee (a fact they advertise!) and they even go so far as to point out a scam run by a similar company. To become a certified assistant, whatever that is, seems pricey.

The only real red flag that my novice scam-spotting eyes can see is that the scam they claim not be be affiliated with (Westwood Virtual Staffing) seems to be one that everybody else thinks that they are affiliated with.

So, anybody have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks so much in advance.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: VOT-Virtual Office Temps...scam or no?

Sorry, self kick...anybody have any thoughts or advice?

Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I think Virtual Office Temps is making money by affiliating with CallWave and Efax. I've read on other forums that people signed up with the company - which is free, a good sign - but never gat any jobs through them. However, when you sign up, they ask you to install the free trials from CallWave and Efax - both good programs that I've used myself. However, what they don't tell you is that they make $5 on every lead they send to Efax and up to $14 per lead they send to Callwave - more if anyone signs up for the paid versions of these services.

http://www.callwave.com/affiliates/default.asp
http://home.efax.com/s/r/efax-affiliate

Bottom line - sort of misleading, but not really a scam that will cost you anything.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

From what I read, I agree with Jessica M.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Newbie Member

Does anyone have good feedback on this work at home website- Virtual Office Temps? They state that you do not have to pay a fee to apply. Just wondering if they are legit. I am not having a good experience with SOHOjobs.com plus I had to pay a fee- what an idiot I was- LESSON LEARNED!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 AM
Platinum Member

Check the various work at home forums, you will find many free jobs posted there

Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwork
Check the various work at home forums, you will find many free jobs posted there
Thank you so much. You have been so helpful.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I visited the site and found it helpfu. They provide services like Clerical support , administration and management and a way to compare your project needs with their services.

Steve, http://www.yourcityoffice.com

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I do not know if VOT is a scam or not. I visited the site, and it looks good. But I have had pretty good luck with Linexxa Online Services.

They are free, and provide some pretty good info.

www.linexxa.com

Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

After considerable research, Virtual Office Temps appears to be a front, or SCAM, to get kick downs from that free FAX company, and the remote control software company. I will refrain from typing the names of those companies so they do not get more advertisements.

The VOT website is HORRIBLE (made with MS Office). Their images are missing because they are still 'pointing' to their C drive. The links also do not work on those missing images. Their copyright is three years out of date. Their directions say one thing on one page and something else on another page. They have a real domain but use a free listserv company that is not very good instead of a Majordomo listserv that should come with web hosting.

They OBVIOUSLY do not care about their website, or potential VA's working for them, which is never a good sign.

I do not want to be associated with bad business practice. And I certainly do not want to reward these people with money by clicking on and signing up for 30 day trials on never-heard-of FAX services that CHARGE money after 30 days. eFAX is free to receive, and have been around for a long time.

Stay away, IMO.

-L

Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

You are 100% right, the website is really dreadful, so scam or not I sincerely doubt they have any real value to offer.

I think the catch is in the free trials just like JessicaM said.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This site looked good so I checked it out thoroughly. The first thing I noticed was that a number of the links did not work. They also state that virtual voicemail is required but then suggest a site that only provides efax. So I emailed using the email link on the site. My email came back undeliverable. I then tried to phone the number listed on the site. The phone number is out of service. I used the online white pages and no one with the last name of the owner of the company resides in Little Rock Ak. Looks like this is either a scam or the company is defunct. I filed a complaint with the FTC.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've tried to register on that so-called VOT site many times, but appears that nothing ever happens. (Unless they manually approve their registrations but don't ever say anything about that on their site!)

I know for sure that nothing is being "blocked" by my email. And even though it says that an email has been sent after registering - nothing ever happens!

It seems to me that it is just a "useless" website meant to "annoy" rather than help.

As for "legitimate" work from home websites out there? I haven't really ever come across any in my 40+ years.

Last edited by Tiff11111 : 11-14-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

[font="Times New Roman"][/FONT
I have been a registered user of VOT for about a year now. I have a fully functional home office, signed up for eFax, etc.
I have applied to every post which I was qualified for and have not received an email or response of any kind. I feel cheated.
eFax is a complete waste. It did not work from day one. I can't reach anyone for assistance and feel that I have yet again been duped. Why are these companies wasting our time with fake boards, ads and scams? Until I hear something from these people I refuse to invest another dime into their pockets while they take from mine.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Seems like a scam. I visited their website, and it looks bad in two separate browsers.. and I noticed that in order to do any work through them you have to download PC now software which is a free trial for one month. But they charge about $11 per month..

Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Every job that I clicked on required a credit score through some other website, which requires you to sign up for a free trial. I also agree that VOT is a front for other sites. And why is the website for VOT, Virtual Office Temps? I regret that I gave them my resume info.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello I know this a few years later post , but I would like to add my 2 cents If i may .. I do not work for VOT but let me clear the air .. first of all let me say I hate scams i even use to post videos on youtube about work at home scams .I have tried so many ways of making money from my PC, posting videos .. doing affiliation websites , click ads , surveys the list goes on , and most pay peanuts if not at all .. unless you find a nitch .. and mine was VOT.. I landed 3 jobs from them all legit and 10 dollars or more a hour , basically they post the ads for these companys , some being convergys , newcorp , and many more , you may know there clients as AT&T.. direct TV .. teleflora.com no cons here folks .. you probably are using there service or cell phones right now . I tried so many at home listing websites and the phone only rang when I used VOT , my credit report sucks also .lol but my resume is impressive , I have a pc background and over 20 years of manager and cust service tech skills . and my voice sells me .. I was making 400$ per week for some jobs just for training!! . It was my fault I lost one of the jobs because the programs you have to use was a headache per call and i failed the test as did 80% of the class , the other 2 jobs I had was good jobs but they were temp at the time.but as for VOT they did there job giving me the chance to work for these legit company's .

I do want to ad as of right now they did add to there site that you do need a website to post your resume or the company's will probably not look at yours.. its something like 2 dollars a month for the website .. so that I am not fond of , i need to make money not spend it on a website .. but they don't hide that and you have the option not too .besides that I swore by VOT it worked for me , I even made a video saying how great they were for me , but I never published it as of yet .. so there is my feedback , have a great day and good luck

Last edited by rbubbaray : 04-21-2014 at 09:07 AM.