report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Silver Member

YTB, Log in issues, again??

Trying to log into YTB to check status and I get an error message stating "sorry, cannot log you in, error code = 0" - so I emailed them w/that info, but wanted to see if anybody else is having that problem.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: YTB, Log in issues, again??

anybody, hello, anybody care to try and see if they can log in?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Freebie Addict...help.....

Sorry man, I can't login from work. I was able to get to work at before work at 10:00am, and afterwards at 6:30pm. Good news, my status changed to shipped for my gift card, so like only 90 more days! Now if I could get them to have more of my offers confirmed for the other sites I did through them!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey523
Sorry man, I can't login from work. I was able to get to work at before work at 10:00am, and afterwards at 6:30pm. Good news, my status changed to shipped for my gift card, so like only 90 more days! Now if I could get them to have more of my offers confirmed for the other sites I did through them!
so it's still months wait from them AFTER is says shipped ? i thought i was getting close since i turned to "confirmed/to be shipped", guess not!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 PM

I heard that they are running behind, still fulfilling gifts from August. So I am just planning for a 2 month wait at least. Sucks, but will still be glad to have $500 in 2 months for doing very little work, lol.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I heard that they are running behind, still fulfilling gifts from August. So I am just planning for a 2 month wait at least. Sucks, but will still be glad to have $500 in 2 months for doing very little work, lol.
I hear you there, I don't mind waiting.

Also, able to log in now, figured out the issue.

And, anybody ever do the "Free Weber" grill offer? I'm thinking of doing that, those are great little grills ... if they're just going to give me $$ though, I'll do another gift card offer.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:27 PM

Something you might think about doing on one of these sites.... I did a $600 visa for a playstation 3 (could be used for other things, one would think), only 1-2-1 in offers. They also have a $250 visa towards a helio (can't think that you can't use that anywhere you want) for 1-1 offers. Also did a $500 sears card that was only 3 offers (I can pm you that link or post it). They also have a bunch of $250 gift cards towards stores like Victorias Secret, etc.... that I might persue if I have good luck with the 3 I have already started last week.

I saw the grill, but have kind of realized that any merchandise specific things like a grill or tv require more offers than the just gift card ones. And the offers on the last page are more do-able than with the merchandise ones.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Something you might think about doing on one of these sites.... I did a $600 visa for a playstation 3 (could be used for other things, one would think), only 1-2-1 in offers. They also have a $250 visa towards a helio (can't think that you can't use that anywhere you want) for 1-1 offers. Also did a $500 sears card that was only 3 offers (I can pm you that link or post it). They also have a bunch of $250 gift cards towards stores like Victorias Secret, etc.... that I might persue if I have good luck with the 3 I have already started last week.

I saw the grill, but have kind of realized that any merchandise specific things like a grill or tv require more offers than the just gift card ones. And the offers on the last page are more do-able than with the merchandise ones.
Well, now that you mention it, I've been wondering about that. The promotions that say they are for a $x gift card for a specific item... can they really limit what you buy with it? I had been thinking about doing the one for a TV (plasma or LCD), but haven't yet because I wasn't sure how that would work.

-lb

Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Well, when I signed up for the Xbox 360 from Brandarama, I was actually wanting a 360. When I got to the first offer page, the box under the Xbox 360 image stated that I would get a $699 Amazon GC, and that is (basically) what I got. Same with a 12 cases of soda gift, turned out to be a $100 Walmart GC. They have gotten better about telling you if you will get a gift card upfront (i.e. "$500 Visa gift card for...."). I THINK that this means if it does not say a GC for a particular piece of merchandise, then you will probably get exactly what is advertised. However, to be sure, you could sign up and check the gift description on the offer pages and then you would be certain of what you're getting.

Also, I think the best gifts from Brandarama sites (ones I am signed up for include PollPrizeUSA, YourTopBrands, TopConsumerRewards, USABrandSurvey, TrustedRewards, and RewardsParade) are the 3 offer $500 GCs. While most are retail gift cards, there are a couple of AmEx GCs out there too (YourTopBrands and TrustedRewards I think). I couldn't sign up for the $1k GC for 4 offers because the only good offer was South Beach Diet, which I had already done.

clois

Old 11-16-2006, 10:24 PM

I was going to do the plasma tv, but sat around contemplating it too long and now page 3 is impossible for me. They have like 4 cc, Dish network and wine to choose from last time I checked. They used to have south beach, wine, and longevity. (It's a 3 offer last page.) If anyone sees that that has changed, let me know... I want a plasma or lcd tv in the worst way. Or knows of a site, can't really do NT because I have exhausted all offers and don't want to repeat.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

Well, NT is the best bet for a plasma I think, but I don't know too much about that (I am a DLP person, specifically 1080p DLP :)). I definitely know what you mean about the last page (that's what I meant by SBD being the only good offer, on the last page). The great thing about these little 3-offer $500 GCs is that the last page has a lot of nice, easy offers available. The $500 Home Depot GC I got from Brandarama ended up costing me a little less than $10 ($1 from page 1, $1 from page 2 and ~$6 from page 3). Very nice return, eventhough I had to force them a little.

clois

Old 11-17-2006, 04:51 AM
Newbie Member

How are people getting their gifts from this site? I have been waiting on them since June for the 1000 gameroom card. It appears that they will fulfill the small gifts but not the big ones.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic26
How are people getting their gifts from this site? I have been waiting on them since June for the 1000 gameroom card. It appears that they will fulfill the small gifts but not the big ones.
I'd e-mail them through the contact us feature. I have received numerous gifts from them but all of mine (so far) were $250 cards or lower. I recently received a Visa gift card that went approved in July. Did your $1000 game room get approved in June or is that just when you started? As far as I know they are now working on August gifts so I would definitely contact them to find out what the slowdown is.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Newbie Member

I started the game room $1000. on 10/25 and am waiting for NYT newspaper to credit. I also started a 250 visa gift and went to confirm in less than 24 hours!! I since have completed and confirmed on 2 other "low price" gifts in a week or less but not so lucky with my 500 and 1000 gift. Seems to be a trend here. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to give credit for recieving the confirmations through the mail?

Old 11-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Newbie Member

Oh, and by the way, they are having technical difficulties today so I can't download my new confirmation.Tthey said maybe Monday.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Newbie Member

Hi, I went on brandarama to get the 3 offer home depot gift card and I got two offers completed and the last one said that it is not completed. I started it on a saturday and it said that it only takes one day to confirm. Should I wait till Monday and check then or should I email somebody. I recently got confirmed for a $500 amex git card from trusted rewards. Dose anyone know how long it takes to get that and when I can cancel my offers.
Working on ytb $500 gift card. :)

Old 12-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy28
Hi, I went on brandarama to get the 3 offer home depot gift card and I got two offers completed and the last one said that it is not completed. I started it on a saturday and it said that it only takes one day to confirm. Should I wait till Monday and check then or should I email somebody. I recently got confirmed for a $500 amex git card from trusted rewards. Dose anyone know how long it takes to get that and when I can cancel my offers.
Working on ytb $500 gift card. :)
When they say it only takes 1 day what they mean is that is the timeframe you can expect an e-mail confirming your order with whatever offer you completed. Generally speaking it can take up to 2-3 weeks or so for an offer to go to completion.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Silver Member

Anyone receive any gifts from YTB/Brandarama, etc recently & if so when was your gift confirmed? I have 2-3 gifts that were approved in early Sept & a few more that were approved in October/Nov. I am not expecting the Oct/Nov gifts until after the new year but was hoping I might get the Sept ones before Christmas. I'm trying to be patient but it's difficult! :)