report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Free Vacation in exchange for sitting in seminar....???

A representative from American Travel Partners called me - got my information from my entry in a drawing. Says I am entitled to a free vacation - and can choose from four different packages. The catch is that I have to attend a 90 minute seminar with info on this travel club in my city at Travel Partners USA. Once I attend this seminar, I get the information on the free vacation and have to choose which one I want within 21 days, and then I have 12 months to use it in.

Of course, I am very skeptical that I will actually receive this 'free' vacation for attending. And of course I am anticipating high sales pressure tactics during the course of this purported 'seminar', but can withstand that.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Old 11-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: Free Vacation in exchange for sitting in seminar....???

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyquaky
A representative from American Travel Partners called me - got my information from my entry in a drawing. Says I am entitled to a free vacation - and can choose from four different packages. The catch is that I have to attend a 90 minute seminar with info on this travel club in my city at Travel Partners USA. Once I attend this seminar, I get the information on the free vacation and have to choose which one I want within 21 days, and then I have 12 months to use it in.

Of course, I am very skeptical that I will actually receive this 'free' vacation for attending. And of course I am anticipating high sales pressure tactics during the course of this purported 'seminar', but can withstand that.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Its a TIME SHARE program ............. they will give you a free vacation to sit and listento their HIGH PRESSURE SALES pitch and I MEAN HI PRESSURE

My Husband and I went to one they offered free movie tickets to just and listen ..............

we sat through their time share pitchs and said thanks but no thanks.... the brought in the next level person that did the same thing tried to get us to commit to " how much we could afford " .......... we said no ......... the broght in yet ANOTHER "manager " person .......... still said NO......... then the fianl person came in ......... each time the " closer" was pushier and ruder ..........

they want you to bring your check book or credit card ... LEAVE THEM AT HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will tell you that you and have a vacation program for as little as $100 a month, its a TAX write off because its a 2nd home ............. they will tell you its yours for life, VERY HIGH PRESSURE ..........

but hell go for the free stay .................... then tell them no !!!!

:D

Old 11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
TheRealStraightShooter

Yeah it's got timeshare written all over it.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

It's a simple way for time share to be sold in a "Great Deal" type of sale. I have been to a few and never used the "FREE TRIP" do to poor locations. The time shares are in great places but not the freebies.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I post this in hope to encourage others NOT to be drawn to this scam. I was, unfortunately. I am a veteren corporate manager and not generally subject to scams but this probably led to my defenses being down.
I bought it.
I have regretted it ever since.
THe packages sound great and if TPUSA performed as promised I would have been happy. Since I have a lawsuit option pending (we are fighting back) I cannot be too specific.
But I will stand behind the following.

If you book with them, they will fail miserably.
If you have a complaint, they will not return your call.
They will make you want to "just forget it", walking away from over $5,000.
They sell poor service designed to make you walk away from money.
You must sign a contract which allows them to use 3rd -party vendors who perform terribly then disclaim responsibility because you initialed on a certain paragraph.

Most people cannot afford to sue because you are targed by age and income.

I can afford it. And we will nOT setle out of court.

BEWARE> DON"T DO IT!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Babyquaky

Do not get into this travel partners USA deal.
I got into it without knowing and believing and trusting them. What I fool I was. Now I am trying to cancel my membership and they are just not responding. I called them and was not finding any response. One day somebody picked up and told me that they are closed as they are not seeing enough business. Now I am having to pay into a business that does not even exist. IT IS AN OUTRIGHT SCAM. I have no clue yet how I am going to come out of it.

"rtilryarms"... is there any way we can get in touch. I am planning to consult an attorney as well. I can be reached at wtfc123@gmail.com

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Free Auto or Vacation-xchge for sitting in seminar

Travel Partners USA. I attended seminar @ 6400 N Andrews Ave #530 Ft Lauderdale Fl 33309. Ph 954 491 9550.
Membership cost = 5k !!!
Awful... Online booking does not work! sign on under travel does not even validate a round trip (cities)..
I attended seminar @ 6400 N Andrews Ave #530 Ft Lauderdale Fl 33309. Ph 954 491 9550.
Membership cost = 5k !!!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Free Vacation in exchange for sitting in semin

If you really are truly interested in buying a timeshare I highly recommend Hyatt vacation properties unlike most time shares where you are locked into one location hyatt lets you travel all over the world as long as you call them 6 months before your weeks start and tell them where in the usa or europe you want to travel to if you just want a free vacation best way to get this is use a travel rewards credit card use it like a debit card pay it off every month and in a year you should have enough for free airfare and hotel stay

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Free Vacation for ATTENDING A seminar

This Is About Travel Partners USA Inc, Or LLc. My Husband And I Attended The Presentation. They Promise You A Free Vacation Package Just For Attending a Presentation To Buy A Membership for their "club" Which Give You Exclusive Prices For Vacation Packages. This Is A Really High Pressure Seminar Where They Try To Sell You No Matter What. Whenever You Say That You Can't Or You Don't Want, other person comes and offers you other way of financing I guess different levels of Closers.A lot of pressure

Please, don't fall for these companies. It is just a scam and on top of that if somebody wants to cancel within 3 days of signing the contract they charge you anyway $300 for imaginaries "fees".

Last edited by BRYNNBENET : 08-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.