report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Newbie Member

Clickbooth.com??? Scam Scam Scam

who the hell has ever heard of Clickbooth .com? I just read an advertisement through CRAIGSLIST.ORG in the jobs category stating : attention MYSPACE users ( cause you know there is over 100 million registered users, half of which are musical artists ) Rapidly growing internet adverstising company is looking to expand in the My Space Market! Register as a Publisher and turn your My Space account into an extra paycheck today! ( wow, sounds too good to be true!? SO EASY!!! , go figure ) VISIT US HERE TO GET STARTED http://publishers.clickbooth.com/sw/...485/&dp=954259

I click on the link and what do you know, Immediately I need to start an account in order to make money! DUH!!! Sure I'll fill it out......
first name? sure XXXXX
last name? sure XXXXXXX
SOCIAL SECURITY # sure .... HUH??? what the **** do you need my ssn# for?

Email Address? sure XXXXX@XXXX.com
Email PASSWORD? WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON????? this isn't right...

NOW!! do you see what I mean? This site is a scam and I contacted them through their Aol Instant Messanger name : CLICKBOOTH
I started the conversation with are you a legit company?
if so, why do you need my personal information?
PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE ............ For Tax purposes.... OHHHH why didn't I think of that!!!!????? DUHHHHHH

Ok, how can I find out if you are a LEGITIMATE company?
response: 1 sec
a few minutes later.. the same ****ing response, FOR TAX PURPOSES.

I hope you are reading this and see what I mean, Luckily I didn't fall for this bull****, but please be aware of the company you are submitting your personal information to.... with email account passwords as well as your SSN a person can **** UP YOUR LIFE!!!
Digest this and let me know what you think.
i hope that I am indeed correct about this site...... It seemed too awkward to me.
Chris :mad:

Last edited by youwishyouknew : 11-14-2006 at 01:33 AM.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Clickbooth.com??? Scam Scam Scam

[b]How stupid are you?

Clickbooth asked you for information to sign up and you are crying about it. It's nothing wrong for asking your name and address and other info. that's because they want to know where to send you a check in case you do generate some business from your website. They even asked you to send in a w-9 form to keep in compliance with the law. So you are wrong to say that they are a scam. real scams don't care about being in compliance with the law. Think about this.....when you go apply for a job do they ask you for information...your name,address,ssn,phone....do they do don't they?

do you get mad? say it's a scam. I don't see how you get by in life with your attitude just because businesses ask for your information. Remember they are in business to make money and they are providing you with a service that will connect you with many advertisers so you can get a piece of the commission cake no matter how small or large it is. therefore they have the right to know who their members are. they even called me to verify that i had a real website and my reason for wanting to sign up with them. Clickbooth in my opinion is not a scam.

Some people will cry for the most ridiculous reasons. It just takes a little meditating on why.... youwishyouknew was complaining and you will find out that there really is no complaint. youwishyouknew never tried the program and never gave it a chance. clickbooth never even asked for money upfront to join. now how could that be a scam?

consider commission junction,linkshare,performics they all ask for information

Old 08-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Silver Member

I would be careful of a company who doesn't provide professional and detailed responses.
I'm also not so sure I like the idea of them wanting a Social security number and what is this story about email password??
Sounds way too wrong for me.
It is good to be cautious and to let other people know if you think a company may not be legitimate because of your experience.
Everyone makes their own conclusions.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Top Money Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtheman
I would be careful of a company who doesn't provide professional and detailed responses.
I'm also not so sure I like the idea of them wanting a Social security number and what is this story about email password??
Sounds way too wrong for me.
It is good to be cautious and to let other people know if you think a company may not be legitimate because of your experience.
Everyone makes their own conclusions.
EVERY legitimate ad/sponsor/affiliate network will require your personal information including your social security number (for tax purposes.)

Before you go screaming scam all over the place please take notes in your Internet Marketing 101 class. Don't make definitive negative statements about an industry you obviously know nothing whatsoever about.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, I am sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, every affiliate networks are required to ask these type of information. Your information are used for tax purposes but also, for Clickbooth to verify that publishers who sign up are legitimate. Clickbooth make a particular effort in contacting every publisher who sign up and reviewing their information before accepting them into the program. Clickbooth was build upon a commitment to developing long lasting, successful relationships. We are consistently ahead of the game, which is apparent in the quality and volume of traffic to our campaigns.

Feel free to aim me at clickbrelations if you have any questions.

Best!
Clickbooth Nad

Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This company is a big scam, don't try to do business whit them. They are not honest adn big liar. I never receive an order of 3000$ i order. They send me my first order, they where missing mp4, some box where empty and some 4gb mp4 had just 1gb. My last order never receive, they are very not a honest company, try another one, you going to lose your money with them. They are truspass in alibaba, but are not trustable at all.

www.kingsound.com.cn

Here are there information:

Hong Kong Kingsound Electronics Limited
Shenzhen Yingshunda Technology Co., Ltd

Address: 3/F, Block C, Dongshangang Industrial Zone, Gushu, Xixiang Town, Baoían District, Shenzhen, Guangdong , China
Postal Code: 518126
Tel: +86-755-61108001/61108019
Fax:+86-755-61108020

Overseas Trading Sales: Mr.Mark Shang
E-mail: Sales1@kingsound.com.cn
Tel: +86-755-61525101
Fax:+86-755-61525100

Domestic Sales: Mr.He Huazhi
E-mail: Sales3@kingsound.com.cn
Tel: +86-755-61108001/61108019 Ext.801
Fax:+86-755-61108020/61525100

Hot URL: http://hkkingsound.en.alibaba.com / http://szysdkj.cn.alibaba.com

Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by force2008 View Post
[b]How stupid are you?

Clickbooth asked you for information to sign up and you are crying about it. It's nothing wrong for asking your name and address and other info. that's because they want to know where to send you a check in case you do generate some business from your website. They even asked you to send in a w-9 form to keep in compliance with the law. So you are wrong to say that they are a scam. real scams don't care about being in compliance with the law. Think about this.....when you go apply for a job do they ask you for information...your name,address,ssn,phone....do they do don't they?

do you get mad? say it's a scam. I don't see how you get by in life with your attitude just because businesses ask for your information. Remember they are in business to make money and they are providing you with a service that will connect you with many advertisers so you can get a piece of the commission cake no matter how small or large it is. therefore they have the right to know who their members are. they even called me to verify that i had a real website and my reason for wanting to sign up with them. Clickbooth in my opinion is not a scam.

Some people will cry for the most ridiculous reasons. It just takes a little meditating on why.... youwishyouknew was complaining and you will find out that there really is no complaint. youwishyouknew never tried the program and never gave it a chance. clickbooth never even asked for money upfront to join. now how could that be a scam?

consider commission junction,linkshare,performics they all ask for information
Force2008,

You must be an internet noobie. That's why your opinion doesn't really matter. Here's some info that you should read up on.

http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/eviden...kso_id=ROK6507

You probably don't know that all the major ISP use Spamhaus.org to block SPAMMERS that are not CAN SPAM COMPLIANT.

I don't know how YOU get by life being so naive and trusting of other people. Maybe you should join the rest of us in the REAL WORLD.

And yes, I have delt with John Lemp, and his multiple companies like IntegraClick, Clickbooth, Webcannon, etc.... Think about why they have so many different companies under so many different names. Next time do your research before writing something that will make YOU look like an idiot.

YouWishYouKnew, Good intuition about this company. That's something that most people don't have and it will help you become a savvy business man/woman.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Driven,

I teach the 101 Internet Marketing Class, and you need to take some notes yourself.

Yes, every LEGITIMATE Affiliate Network does ask you for sensitive information, but the fact is CLICKBOOTH is a scam. Do not compare CLICKBOOTH to CJ or Linkshare.

Linkshare is a real affiliate network and thatís why Rakuten bought it for $425 million.

Bottom line, we know you either work for CB or my guess is youíre John Lemp or his stupid brother David trying to make your fake ass company sounds legit. What will you do when the money you used to make is all gone and all you have left is your honor and good name. oh wait, you never had that. Good luck in life, retard! =)

Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

LOl this guy is good at putting false information. Clickbooth is not a scam, and he need to take note on that. Please donít make us laugh at your resources. donít try to badmouth clickbooth when you donít know how to do your research. Please donít post another thread again because people will just laugh at you.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

OF COURSE THEY ARE SCAM.
MOST OF AFFILIATES WERE BANNED FOR NO REASON WHEN THEY REACH 1K$+ ..LIKE ME

My account was terminated for unknown reasons without any warning.
I write message to my affiliate Sarah. G (very very very an unreliable person) and ask why i can't login. And guest what: The answer:
Hi XXXXXs,

It looks like your account was terminated. I don't know why but compliance will send an email with more information.

After that i wait 1-2 days for compliance message and guest what again - no message.Then i decide to talk with them on phone to see what's going on and why there is no message from compliance.no warning and just like that..terminate my account. Some man was on phone and he redirect me to specific woman who know all the answers - no such woman..i hear just a voice message. My history with them,..3 month ago i got 400$..then next month i got 700$+ then 1065+ (wow they sent payment above 1k - unbelievable ) and then OWED ME 1680$ They don't give a shit for their affiliates. Yes they are riches and they think that we are fishes. but no.there is lot of reputable companies who know what they do.
Obviously they just want to earn more and more from affiliates become more riches.

And forgot - until now i'm still not received that legendary "message from compliance".

I SECOND - LIVE THEM AND DON'T BOTHER WITH THEM

THEY ARE FULL SCAM WHO LIE THEIR AFFILIATES .THIS COMPANY IS FAKE.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Newbie Member

clickbooth shut down my account without any notice

i`m so surprising cause clickbooth.com shut down my account without any notice and no reason now i can say this network is 100% scum
:z x11pissed::zx1 1pissed:

Last edited by just84 : 05-01-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello...
I have read about that but don't remember the website name but its scam. As per them you receive money just by clicking the the link....

Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM

Clickbooth is simply an affiliate or CPA network that manages publishers and advertisers alike.

Works pretty much like Commission Junction, Linkshare and other affiliate or CPA networks.

You may get paid per lead or sale, or other type of action.

And obviously, to work with them or any other network you have to provide your personal information.

Now, I have not personally had any of the bad experiences as an affiliate some describe, but having read them I will be alert.

Last edited by trueonlinebiz : 05-21-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

They are a good company. I've worked with them for about a year, have a great relationship with my affiliate manager as well as everyone I've dealt with there, and would recommend them to anyone.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueonlinebiz View Post
Clickbooth is simply an affiliate or CPA network that manages publishers and advertisers alike.

Works pretty much like Commission Junction, Linkshare and other affiliate or CPA networks.
A lot of their offers are scams:

Premium White Pro (previously Dazzlesmile /Dazzle White)
AcaiForce Max (same company as above)
UltraResV
Google Riches
Google Cash - Home Success Kit Offer
Colon Cleanse Extreme
Online Cash Success Kit
and more:
http://www.findaffiliateoffers.com/Clickbooth.html#

So in that sense they are not like CJ, Linkshare etc who do not carry these scammy offers.

-

Last edited by ukscambuster : 11-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am an advertiser, talked to someone named Natalie, for over a month. She apparantly disappeared, then the boss Alexis Morreland, for a few times, then he disappeared also. Have called, many times, no pick up, have left numerous mesages, no return. Calls to the company and ad department are met with automated responses the last 60 days............................

Its hard to believe such a large company as they claim, has no one to answer phones or return calls.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Ajaypat - I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response yet. Can you please send your name & email address to me at press@clickbooth.com? I'll make sure it gets to Alexis. Thanks!

Stephanie Cz
PR Consultant