report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

St. Matthews Church scam

This one has been in the local news lately. I was recieving some very intense literature from them basically saying plant a financial seed offering with them and all your, needs, dreams, hopes and desires will be answered by God in ways you never imagined possible through an incredible harvest. Mailings come with special coins, ribbons, napkins, pieces of cloth, and all sorts of "Holy trinkets" that are supposed to work for you if you hold it and pray after you send in your seed offering. It is a very carefully thought out prey on the mind and is carefully worded using passages we learn in church and from the Bible to make us believe it must be true and sent from God. They actually send thick booklets of this stuff as if it is an educational guide like the ones you use for Sunday school lessons. Be aware and tell everyone you know so that mabey they will run out of prey. God bless from South Carolina.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: St. Matthews Church scam

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this situation.
There are a lot of charlatans and heretics out in the public that will
stop at nothing to get money from people. It is an ages old situation
amongst humanity.
There are many that just make relgion a way to make money to fatten
their pockets and bank accounts, as well as setting theirselves up as some
sort of final authority regarding the 'druthers' and 'preferences' of God. All
they are is egotist that are into self-aggrandizement and really care
nothing about spirituality or the true agenda of religion.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too have been mysteriously placed on this fraud churches mailing list. I read that a lot of people have the same idea of sending things back to them in their postage paid envelope. As we all have found, this won't get you off the list. But have fun with it! Anything that you properly package and attach the envelope to will be delivered and the actual weight will bve charged against their bulk mail account! I have sent several bricks, a concrete block, a box of sand and am now putting my stinking garbage into a box and sending it right back at them! Talk about real "junk" mail! I'm also checking with the USPS to see if there is anything that prohibits me from sending the cat litter box remains (pun intended) back to this scam church. Have fun with it!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have to share something with you all on St. Matthews church. I heard it is not a church as we know, it is a bunch of people who pray for you. Now I dont seed, I tithe at my own church so I know the money is going to a church, but I do ask for prayer from them......and it has worked for me. So, as far as I am concerned having someone pray for you doesnt hurt at all.
If they arent legit.......GOD WILL HANDLE THEM BIG TIME. Feel sorry for them if they are using our Lords name for fraud uses.