report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: Market America a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzza
MLM's have single level, binary, etc. in their compensation package. Again, I refer you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing.

And thanks TeleponF for your previous statements.

It may also interest you to know that MA admits there are "downlines."

"According to Market America, each distributor that received the letter was connected in some way to Defendants’ downlines..." and "... these independent distributors are encouraged by Market America to recruit other individuals to join with Market America...then they become a part of the 'downline' of the independent distributor who recruited them."

(see: http://www.mlmlegal.com/mktamerica.html#4)

As far as inegrity, one best look in one's own mirror before one speaks....
If you are going to quote a source to make a point at least provide the context, heading, etc so readers can check on your citation. I can't find the paragraph you quoted at the link provided and can't tell in what context the quote was made. Were thye alleged words used by the attorneys, by the defendants, by whom, or what and in what context?

Again, the word "upline" and "downline" are socially accepted expression used by many network marketing businesses. My contention is not whether upline or downline exist or not in Market America (people can use it or not as they desire), but Market America is not listed as a mlm as you stated, and it is a registered single-level direct sale company.

When one is overly obsessed with the integrity of others and neglects to examine ones own. You have your answer.

All the substituted words about semantics such as, upline, downline, linear, Polly want a cracker????, MoreCrapAmerica, "I coudln't agree more," just did not and cannot proof that a registered single-level compensation company to be a mlm-compensation company. Personal views just do no and cannot change a registered compensation or an industry mandated classification.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Silver Member

Re: Market America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise1
Opc is a joke a pure and simple joke, u can get antioxidents in drinking dang coffee, many things we drink and eat each day are full of them. I can also tell u why a few peoples Cancer has gone away after taking opc, and thats because its for the same reason people Cancer has gone away who has NEVER even heard of opc, They Blessed and lucky thats why. Same reason Majic Johnson has had hiv for years and years, yet thier is hardly any trace of it in his body, and yet many have died who have gotten hiv years and years later. Well guess what, he is not on opc, so oh wow, could thier be another reason why people are staying healthy who do not use market america products........... Oh and one more thing, I challenge Market America to sell thier vitamins and state on the labels that their Vitamins absorb quicker then most other vitamns, thats so untrue, another statement one person has said, and others took the ball and ran with it. I recently emailed someone in the coperate office and asked them how market america can claim so many cures and remedys, and u know what their answer was........... They said they dont claim anything as a company, But people who have taken thier product can give a opinion............... lol lol HMMMMMMMMMMMMM i wonder why they cant legally claim it does this or that lol. Recently i was with friends who sell market america products, and after a nite of them telling me it cures everything, and they no longer have headachs backachs, or feel stressed or tired , Guess what happend at breakfast the next morning. One of my friends who was saying this said to my other friend who is in ma, she said " Dang i have a bad headach , im tired do u have any asprin? I had to bite my lip from not breaking out laughing.
Wise1,
OPC does work by helping with free radicals and cleaning up the blood. That is a fact. This is however, no great feat for OPC-3, just OPC's in general. There is nothing magic in OPC-3.
Also people do over-exaggerate what OPC-3 can do. You see, when you are selling a product that is priced $64.95 plus $7.50 shipping, you feel like you have to attach some miracle to it. Hence the truth gets stretched REALLY bad.
TelephonF

Old 09-22-2005, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelephonF
Wise1,
OPC does work by helping with free radicals and cleaning up the blood. That is a fact. This is however, no great feat for OPC-3, just OPC's in general. There is nothing magic in OPC-3.
Also people do over-exaggerate what OPC-3 can do. You see, when you are selling a product that is priced $64.95 plus $7.50 shipping, you feel like you have to attach some miracle to it. Hence the truth gets stretched REALLY bad.
TelephonF
That is for a 2-3 month supply and it compares to a lot of things out price wise. You forgot that detail.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
Wise 1,

Sounds like more stereotypical programming, mmm? And if you are the only thinking person left, what are you afraid of?

I don't post to change your mind. I post to state my mind as you are doing.

For a thinking type, all you have to do is tell your aunt and her husband that you won't buy from them and not interested in what they are selling, and you are doing them a favor by telling them not to waste their time and energy on you. Nothing will happen to you. It's not the end of the world.

Just as you aren't influenced by hype, I don't believe in emotional hypes in either extremes.
Yet I see extreme on your part, over and over, hmmm?

So, does it only count if it's someone else?

Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelephonF
You have an upline, a downline and that's the bottom line. if you don't want to accept it as MLM, that's fine. But I have herad Dennis and JR both refer to it cassually as multi-level. (Spring-Miami-2002)
TelephonF
Nice try! But I promise you, you did not hear that. I have been around Dennis and JR for 10 years and that would not come out of their mouths at any time.
I'm not angry, but when people lie (misspeak if your sensitive), I have to set the record straight.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDJ
That is for a 2-3 month supply and it compares to a lot of things out price wise. You forgot that detail.
BIGDJ,
OK, let's settle something at this point. You should refer to OPC-3 (300 gram bottle) as 90 servings, not days. That is a little unethical to do so. If a person is taking a triple dose, the the bottle will last 30 triple servings. It does not weigh out about the same cost. $64.95 plus $7.95 versus 34.88-$39.95 with free shipping is a lot better. The competitors have equal OPCs or better and ALL are made to the same standards as OPC-3. CGMP is the standard they ALL meet.
OK, I'll give you the point that MA has a cooler bottle design, but there is no difference.
The same thing applies to most other MA products. Admit it, you pay more for products just so you can get the BV (nothing wrong with that).
TelephonF
PS-what state are you in? Just curious

Old 09-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise1
You just confirmed it notamway...................... Market America products are soooooooooooo expensive not because they are good, but because so many people get a cut of the pie. If you buy one bottle of that imaginary working OPC3 that sells for a very high price its because you are paying so many different distributors each time u purchase a product, everyone getting a cut out of one bottle, that should sell for about 4 bucks, but instead has to sell for about 60 bucks, lol . When you talk to different people involved with ma, unless you can see them , you would swear its the same person talking , same speech, same examples, they all seem like they are under some hynotic spell, its crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I was told recently to go off all my medications, that opc would cure what ever problems i have, these people are trying to play God, and its awful the advice they are giving people, now ma distributors think they are doctors lol,
Hey Wise1,
I will never forget the ‘Leadership” school in Miami Florida in 2002. I went there and met my upline (opps, that can’t be right. It’s not MLM) and we went to the big show. Then during the first part I believe, one of the ‘Big Dogs” came out and was saying how she had been up for 3 days but she had just taken her AM Prime formula that morning and the PM formula the night before and she was just as great as great could be. Her skin was tighter, her eyes were better, she had her OPC thang going and ALL was right with the world. I then found out that this exclusive antiaging product was called prime secreteogog and sold for, Get this…$179.95 for one can of the AM and one of the PM.
The crowd went nuts over this stuff. Their blood rushed at the thought of all the benefits of feeling young again and ALL THAT BV that they got. I felt like I was at Stephenwolf concert doing mushrooms and was suddenly on a bad trip.
This show was the best orchestrated and choreographed show I had ever been to. The loud pulsing music that was on during the sections of the programs.
I listened to Dennis announce the new product, Mochatonix. It was on very short supply but you just might be able to pre-order it early. Dennis then had 2 lucky people from the audience to mix up the new drink and try it on stage. The crowd watched in great anticipation as the blender whirred for exactly 7 seconds on low.
“Any longer than 7 seconds and the vitamins lose the atomic bindings and the vitamin value is nill”, Dennis assured the audience. This fact was almost given an “Amen” by the crowd. Then the two guys tried it and to the shock of us all, thought that it was indeed the best meal replacement supplement that they had ever had.
He joked, with a nod and a wink at how this drink has as much caffeine in it as a cup of your Italian grandmothers espresso.
This guy is so smooth. Dennis’s act was my favorite. Energetic, all over the place. Probably was on his 4th or 5th Mochatonix.
He had just told everyone in the stadium that basically the new Mochatonix had some vitamins in it but basically had too much caffeine. NOBODY cared. Personally I like a little caffeine and if I have to make an extended drive, I order a can. It’s really steep too, $34.95 for 14 servings. Hey it’s cheaper than Starbucks (not much though).
These guys are master motivators and wordsmiths. The indeed are the best.
TelephonF

Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
If you are going to quote a source to make a point at least provide the context, heading, etc so readers can check on your citation. I can't find the paragraph you quoted at the link provided and can't tell in what context the quote was made. Were thye alleged words used by the attorneys, by the defendants, by whom, or what and in what context?

Again, the word "upline" and "downline" are socially accepted expression used by many network marketing businesses. My contention is not whether upline or downline exist or not in Market America (people can use it or not as they desire), but Market America is not listed as a mlm as you stated, and it is a registered single-level direct sale company.

When one is overly obsessed with the integrity of others and neglects to examine ones own. You have your answer.

All the substituted words about semantics such as, upline, downline, linear, Polly want a cracker????, MoreCrapAmerica, "I coudln't agree more," just did not and cannot proof that a registered single-level compensation company to be a mlm-compensation company. Personal views just do no and cannot change a registered compensation or an industry mandated classification.

Hello Zuzu,
If you come into Market America as a Sales Rep and only plan to do retail product sales then you are right that is not Multi Level. If on the other hand you come into Market America and start as a Distributor and open a Business Development Center it still may not be a Multi Level Marketing Plan but if after you oen your Business development Center and if you also select the transfere buying option which then allows you to accumulate BV and IBV for a one year period and recruit an associate for your left and right sides now you have entered into a multi level marketing situation. The reason for this is that you will be receiving credits in the form of BV and IBV form your associates sales. Once your have accumulated enough BV or IBV from your sales as well as your associates sales you willl receive a compansation check from Market America....you are being payed for credits that have been acumulating from other peoples sales. Now when you r associates recuit associates for thier business you will also be receiving credit in the form of BV and IBV from thier sales as well which means now you will be getting paid for sales that have been generated by people that you did not bring into the business...That is Multi Level Marketing...you can argue this with people for as long as you like but everyone else that reads this will realize that Mrkert America is a MLM and I am saying this with no judgement of wheather that is a good thing or a bad thing...it just is what it is.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDJ
wise1 says: Everyone i hear thier first check from Market america is for 300.dollars ,then second check i hear is for 300.dollars and third check is for 600.dollars is that the amount no matter how many thousands and thousands of dollars you might sell right away, I was told that was true. I was told if i sold 30.thousand in product right away, that i would probably get two checks for 300. dollars lol. You can make alot more money selling tupperware, and thats the truth. If you sold 30.000 in tupperware, you would get a check for 15.thousand for yourself, a far cry from 300 dollars with ma.

Little early to be drinkin' the hard stuff ain't it?

Hay, it's 5:00 somewhere. Cheers :)

Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpen
well i am pretty much convinced that telefon is a compleat loser and i really have no need to try to defend something that he has all the answers to............so you all can stay here and debate the fool till the cows come home...........i bet he is one wealthy and successful guy living in a trailer in wv and sits at his computer all nite.........as for me im outta here..........what a waste of time
Here we go again with another uppity MA parrot calling someone that doesn't agree with his views a Looser. As far as you trying to defend something you haven't done that since you started posting ion this board all you do is insult people and cry like a little baby...you my friend come off as an elitist snob with comments about trailers and WV, who do you think that you are with comments like that. I'd rather drink a few beers in a trailer in WV with real people than sip cosmos with fakes like you..the biggest waste of time on this board was you.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Facts:
1) All distributors must believe MA is not MLM.
2) All distributors must believe that if you quit from MA, then you are looser.
3) All distributors must believe that all products are cheap (even the products are expensive).
4) All distributors must believe that all products are the best.
5) All distributors must believe that they are not liar!
6) Then they achieve.You lose.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Gold Member

lolololol you guys still at it, anyone had their minds changed yet? :P

I'm joining an MLM in the next few months...heheh, i'll write back when I start, and again when I'm making at least 5k/month, then i'll write back when I'm doing 10...15...and so on. I'll give you guys updates on numbers and such. So we'll finally get to the bottom of this debate :) love you all

Old 09-23-2005, 05:54 AM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscirpoli

I'm joining an MLM in the next few months...heheh, i'll write back when I start, and again when I'm making at least 5k/month, then i'll write back when I'm doing 10...15...and so on. I'll give you guys updates on numbers and such. So we'll finally get to the bottom of this debate :) love you all
And if you don't will we ever hear from you again Chris?

Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 AM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer?
Facts:
1) All distributors must believe MA is not MLM.
2) All distributors must believe that if you quit from MA, then you are looser.
3) All distributors must believe that all products are cheap (even the products are expensive).
4) All distributors must believe that all products are the best.
5) All distributors must believe that they are not liar!
6) Then they achieve.You lose.
I win regardless Seeing that I'm not loosing money anymore.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

So, we won't expect to be seeing you back here ever again. So long and thanks for all the fish!

Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Gold Member

lol yeah you'll hear from me either way. But you have to understand something, I don't fail in the things i do. It may not work the first couple times, but I figure it out. I've already built a large organization, in an unstable startup company. I'll be able to do it again. So anyway, this is my last post, until then...don't hold your breath btw, it's not gonna happen in two months, you are looking at 6 months to a year and a half down the road, depending greatly on when I start. That is hinging on a few other things. My guestimate is 4 months. maybe a little bit more. So you will probably hear from me in one year. Remember, it's a business, it's not gonna happen overnight. :) cheers

oops, ps, you'll hear from me when I start too. Cheers

Old 09-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

no, its a scam so, Im not holding my breath.

But, cheers none the less!

Old 09-23-2005, 10:32 AM
One Good Looking Chimp

Quote:
lol yeah you'll hear from me either way. But you have to understand something, I don't fail in the things i do. It may not work the first couple times, but I figure it out. I've already built a large organization, in an unstable startup company. I'll be able to do it again. So anyway, this is my last post, until then...don't hold your breath btw, it's not gonna happen in two months, you are looking at 6 months to a year and a half down the road, depending greatly on when I start. That is hinging on a few other things. My guestimate is 4 months. maybe a little bit more. So you will probably hear from me in one year. Remember, it's a business, it's not gonna happen overnight. :) cheers

oops, ps, you'll hear from me when I start too. Cheers

Good Luck Chris..wish you all the best! :)