report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Market America a scam?

With the passage of CAFTA, American businesses are going to suffer even more than they did with NAFTA. Your elected representatives just signed a death warrant for the average worker. Better start looking for a way to work for yourselves.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
12DP Thread Hater and Free Gift Getter

This is huge! This is humongous... NOT.... I don't think Market America's vitamins will have any problem meeting whatever standards the government sets up in their wacko bills... the research is already done on the products and I believe are superior to all out there on the Market.

According to the website http://www.ghchealth.com/cafta/cafta-codex.php, the situations presented are hypothetical... While some goofballs forced UTAH to change their gambling laws... I highly doubt the US will let someone tell them how to run their country or how to dictate what the people in this country can and cannot eat. If the US has the balls to say to the UN... we're going to invade this country with or without you... I highly doubt the WTO has a leg to stand on in dictating our dietary policy... I don't care what language they use. If anything America (the richest country in the world) would force the WTO to change their language. Think about it.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

Mark,

Let me ask you this: What if anything are you doing to make your voice of opposition heard in any of this?

I'll bet you latently support all these eroneous bills in congress.

Okay so you are not a republican, you're not a democrat, and you love Hitlery. What are you?

Old 07-28-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3274
do you think opc is going to pass a arbitrary decision by the fda think againe lol.
Uhm... yeah. Especially since Anti-Oxidant Reaserch is in full gear as scientist realize the benefits of this nutrient that occurs naturally.... Question is... will all the other products pass this "arbitrary decision" process? I think it will open the market up for OPC-3.

LOL

:rolleyes:

Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Newbie Member

THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS FOR ALL THE ANTI MLM ZEALOTS THAT CLAIM EVERYTHING IS A SCAM!

I JUST WANT YOU TO NOTE HOW "FORBES" WAS ALL OVER THIS COMPANY AND THE PONZI SCHEME THAT THEY ARE SO SUCCESSFULLY PERPETUATING ON SO MANY PEOPLE. (SARCASM FOR THOSE OF YOU TO SLOW TO GET IT)

I TELL YOU. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WHEN YOU GOT A COMPANY THAT IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUD GENERATING OVER $3BILLION DOLLARS IN SALES IN EIGHT YEARS AND CREATING OVER 350 MILLIONARES IN THE PROCESS!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... I WONDER HOW MANY NON MLM COMPANIES CREATED 350 MILLIONARS THAT CAME FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE. SOME WITH DEGREES SOME WITH NO DEGREES OR HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION! HELP JAR MY MEMORY GUYS...WHICH COMPANY AGAIN IT WAS THAT DID THAT????????? I FORGOT!

LOL

Tahitian Noni International Announces Record-Breaking Sales in the Second Quarter;
Worldwide Sales in June Alone Are $2 Million Higher Than Last June
07.28.05, 6:01 AM ET

Tahitian Noni International, developer and exclusive provider of the internationally acclaimed TAHITIAN NONI(R) Juice, recently announced that worldwide sales continue to exceed expectations and that second quarter 2005 sales were higher than the second quarter of 2004. This follows record-breaking sales in the first quarter of 2005, which make ten quarters in a row that sales were higher than the last year's corresponding quarter. Worldwide sales in June were $2 Million higher than last year.

President Kelly Olsen commented that, "Sometimes when the news is always good, we begin to lose a sense of perspective. We fail to realize how amazing and wonderful it is to be with a company that continues to grow at such an incredible pace. We just had our largest June in company history, out-distancing June of 2004 by over $2 million USD. Our second quarter for 2005 is in the record books, and as a company we had a record second quarter and ended the quarter well ahead of forecast. We are finding success in every geographic area of our company. We have more distributors earning more each month than at any other time in our history. We have more distributors advancing to new pin levels than at any other time in our history. Our Case AutoShip retention figures are more than double what they have historically been, and the number of distributors approaching and reaching $1 million in cumulative income is growing at unprecedented levels."

When asked what was fueling the explosive growth, Olsen replied, "The successful launch of our new Tepoema facial care products as well as the Moea spa line, combined with the relaunch of our Plan 40 product line have energized our distributors-not to mention our new Scratch and Win sales promotion. We have continued our expansion into new international markets such as Chile and Vietnam, and added sales offices into existing markets such as Atlanta, Dallas, and Fukuoka and Nagoya, Japan. Our TAHITIAN NONI(TM) Cafe strategy is going forward with the reopening of the Tokyo cafe as well as the grand opening of our Fukuoka Cafe. All of these activities have fueled the increase in sales this year."

TAHITIAN NONI(R) products may be ordered from a Tahitian Noni International distributor, by catalog, by visiting www.tni.com, or by calling (801) 234-1000.

About the Company

Tahitian Noni International is a global, research-driven products company that was the first to introduce the health benefits of the noni plant to the world outside Tahiti. Founded by two food research scientists in 1995, the company is a leader in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of noni-based products including beverages, beauty and spa products, weight loss management lines, and animal nutrition. Headquartered in Provo, Utah, Tahitian Noni International has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Tahiti, Japan, and China; sales offices in 35 countries; and a presence in 73 markets worldwide.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/businesswire/feeds/businesswire/2005/07/28/businesswire20050728005201r1.html

Old 07-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April47
Cheri... open your eyes before you tell someone to get off their high horse... synik's point was completely valid, I've made the same point several times. Scroll up a little bit to see exactly what I'm talking about. I think you're another one of the MLM'rs who are just completely blinded by the smoke, dancing, and flashy lights. WAKE UP!

Here's a question for you... how long have you been in MA? Have you REALLY seen what MLM can do to families? Have you seen it tear friendships apart? I have.... and I've only been in for a freakin year and half! Honestly... this money doesn't just appear out of nowhere... you are STILL EXCHANGING TIME FOR DOLLARS.

I do have to mention that there are some people who can make some decent extra money with MLM without sacrificing too much family time if they do it right and don't get carried away... but those people are VERY VERY rare. Usually the hand-clapping peppy meetings and constant rationalizing from the upline blinds most reps.

Wow..exchanging time for money...now that's a new concept. I didn't say it WAS a free ride, nor have I ever heard it would be. I have been in it for two years, my friends and family are also. The health products are fantastic. And you will never convince me otherwise. I don't sell the products to make money, but I do benifit from the group business volume. So be it. If MA want's to pay me for better health...is that a bad thing? And I can send you unending trestimonials. My neurologist, oncologist, cardiologist and family physician recommend me to stay on the products. They say it is the only thing, they can find, that has turned my health around 360. My friends and families asked to be a part of MA...not the other way around. They saw the benifits of the health products. They SAW the business opportunity on their own. I never preached or have never been "preached" to by any MA distributors. So as far as breaking up friendships and families.......I have not seen it. I think it has made my relationships stronger. I think you may entered under some unscrupulous and nontypical MA people. However, we are not all like that. I can assure you the majority of MA people have gone out of their way to be helpful! (whether they benifited or not) I am sure there are those -"go getters no matter who gets hurt" people in all businesses. My upline has been fantastic to me. And other MA people not even in my direct line have been great, also. It has been a real pleasure to be in MA. If you found otherwise, I think you need to be placed in another placement. Or just get out. What is keeping you here? You know..."If you can't stand the heat................."
If you don't like the hand-clapping, peppy meetings, you don't need to attend them. There are only three required, ND,Basic-5 and NCCT to qualify for income. Sleep at them, it's up to you. I have never been forced to do anything in MA. Attending those three meeting was up to me. All businesses have certian reguirements. Three meetings, one time each, wasn't a big price to pay. I didn't expect to just sit back and just have MA send me weekly checks.

And I was not blinded by the glitz, I am not a glitzy person. You don't need to be a hand-clapping, peppy type to succeed in MA. I am not that type of person. If others like all that, it is up to them. Some people need that enthusiasm to stay focused. I wasn't fooled by Amway, shaklee or any other MLM.
I just invested my time into something that was getting my one foot out of the grave, and giving me extra income at the same time. And I don't see that as a bad thing.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Silver Member

Re: Market America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael
What do I do for them? It's called life changing products and services that give them an extraordinary high quality life otherwise. But I guess they all are liars too right?

Wow. I am in business to make money. 70 bucks for a 90 day supply is less than a dollar a day and considering what this stuff has done for my customers including my father, it is more than well worth it. But I guess your opinion is more important than theirs right?

Your idiotic statement about getting nothing more than grape seed extract shows just how little you know about OPC3. You have done a grand total of zero research whatsoever and developed some pre concieved notions based on nothing but your inability, prejudice, and unwillingness to recognize that there is something out there that is better than what you've known all your life. Personally dude, I think you hate life.

First of all, it's grape seed extract, Pycnogenol (a highly concentrated form of pine bark extract), red wine extract, Bilberry extract, potasium bicarbonate, and citrus extract bioflavanoids. All of which are in a patent produced isotonic form. There are tons of me toos out there, but the proof is in the numbers.

Sure dude, I will tell the little voices in your head what happens if I want to sell another product line. I am abliged to a contract that says I can't. Big deal. Go buy a McDonalds franchise and try selling whoppers.

None of your pathetic examples illustrate anything bad or unworthy about Market America. It's all based on a hatred for changing that status quo. You've been insulting this worthy business and its distributors for quite some time. I can only stand listening to someone talk about how stupid a concept and its participants are before I ask them if they have any ideas of their own.
If thats what you tell yourself at night before you go to sleep, then you really are a bottom feeder.

OPC3 is not more effective than Grape Seed Extract. All your BS is just that, BS

Old 07-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Silver Member

Hello,

The company and the business is legal, but has anyone any experience or know of anyone's experience selling websites for Market America or purchased their Internet solutions for small businesses? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I'm interested to know the profitability and market demand for their e-commerce solutions from anyone who has direct experience or knowledge. I can't get the technical specifications and pricing information to do any feature/benefit comparisons about their Webcenter or Internet solutions without being a distributor. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Newbie Member

WOW ------------- There is too much love in this room!

Old 07-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synik
If thats what you tell yourself at night before you go to sleep, then you really are a bottom feeder.

OPC3 is not more effective than Grape Seed Extract. All your BS is just that, BS
Dude,

I once had a computer virus that just like you. I would try to log onto a website and the virus caused the browser to redirect traffic to some poker website. I never compared the effectiveness of OPC3 to grape seed extract. I listed its antioxidant ingredients one of which includes grape seed extract. I draw a point, ask you questions, and you take it away and redirect it to something completely non sequitor to the original point of the conversation. You are proving nothing in this forum other than the fact that you are a complete imbecile. It's a losing battle. Why do you bother trying? Are you even trying?

You totally and completely misread everything I said. I don't tell myself anything at night. I thank God that I am filled with drive and desire to be successful and that I am not an uneducated reprobate like yourself whom expends all his energy into naysaying other peoples goals and dreams for no other reason than the undeniable fact that he has none of his own. And please tell me what you define as "bottom feeding." I'm nowhere near the bottom. But I will bet that you are a damn site closer to it than I.

You hate Market America, it's products and services, and critique its distributors as well as the very concept of the business itself personally. Again, I can only listen to someone criticize and berate other peoples ideas for so long.

Market America, according to you, is nothing but a scam and will never work for anyone. And for those of us whom have made it work, its because we are good liars and theives.

Again I will ask, where are YOUR superior big ideas? Where are YOUR big plans? Market America does not work. So tell us all what we should do. And be original. I really look forward to reading this.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:47 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfranchisemyass
Market America is DEFINITELY a scam. And they target housewives who need to be empowered and feel that they are in control of finance and who need to believe that they can contribute to the family income. My aunt recently joined Market America and she is so F***KING brainwashed that all she talks about is how much people who are in the scam earns. She went to all these prep talks to be motivated and came home with all these millionaire songs and tapes to listen and watch.

The worst thing is she claims that OPC3 can prevent and cure cancer!! How ridiculous is that?! She also made me buy this stupid brain tonic, claiming that it will help me stay awake in class. My Ass...more like brain toxic.

Apart from being brainwashed, my aunt and uncle are slowly loosing their friends because they treat their friends as business opportunities and they are always out hunting down on some poor unsuspecting housewives or people who do not have a job.

If something is too good to be true (it was claimed that people in MArket America earns up to 40K/mth), it is usually too good to be true. Don't waste your money on some stupid products when you know you are not even going to use them. And in the end, you will have no friends left. MArket America destroyed my family.
Are you saying Housewives are more able to be empowered than anyone else?
What does this say about housewives and stay at home mothers. This is the most important job on earth. Who brainwashed you? I don't really give a hoot in hell what you say about MA, but when you say "poor and unsuspecting housewives", you are insulting every housewife and mother in the world. And you are walking on the fighting side of millions. You are a prejudiced stupid ass, who dosen't even have the brains to know "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world" So what would, or could you know about MA. b-(
You say housewives need empowerment?????????
We have more power at our fingertips than you will ever be smart enough to commprehend.

Last edited by cheri4015 : 07-31-2005 at 05:52 AM. Reason: added something.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:39 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by April47
she's not an idiot... she just listens to everything they tell her

Yes and especially my doctor's....Oncologist, neurologist and cardioligist...they said continue with these products. What Idiots they are.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Gold Member

Heh, famous last words of every single broke person..."If it's to good to be true, it probably is."

Old 07-31-2005, 10:52 AM
No, I'm not 47 years old... lol.

Cheri... I never said the product didn't work... I'm saying you listen to everything your UPLINE tells you.. which you obviously do because of the way you talk. and I was saying you WEREN'T an idiot so I'd appreciate it if you'd hold off on the sarcastic remarks.

I honestly don't care what your oncologist, neurologist, and cardiologist have to say... I'm not buying or selling OPC3 either way so it doesn't matter to me.

and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of people using their personal doctors as references. Thousands of doctors were pushing that anti-nausea drug for pregnancy years ago too until babies were being born without arms. How about everything else being pushed by doctors that end up seriously harming hundreds to thousands of people. Perhaps the doctors don't know absolutely everything. Again, I'm NOT saying that OPC3 doesn't work, but I'm not going to believe it does just because your personal doctor says it does. Period.

Last edited by April47 : 07-31-2005 at 11:01 AM.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
Hello,

The company and the business is legal, but has anyone any experience or know of anyone's experience selling websites for Market America or purchased their Internet solutions for small businesses? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I'm interested to know the profitability and market demand for their e-commerce solutions from anyone who has direct experience or knowledge. I can't get the technical specifications and pricing information to do any feature/benefit comparisons about their Webcenter or Internet solutions without being a distributor. Thanks.
The websites are great for a business that doesn't mind doing a little work on their own... for a distributor, you set the appointments and let the professionals sell the website for you and you keep the profit. I have personally made a few thousand dollars off the websites because of the unique relationship I have with a friend of mine.

As a website designer I can see where the tool would be useful... the only downside is the $50 hosting fee... not because it's not worth it because it is, especially with unlimited bandwith, 1/2 gig of storage, and unlimited tech support which is phenominal... the only problem is, their target is small to midsize businesses and lots of business don't want to shell out $50 bucks for anything.

I suggest you speak with the person you're working with and see if you can be a sales rep for them for the website... you will work strictly for the distributor. The distributor will set you up with a mini Website that allows you the same functionality as theirs. At that point they will tell you everything you want to know... if you don't want to go through all that... PM me and I'll direct you to a site that can give you the info you're seeking.

I'm not sure why the person you're speaking with isn't being up front, unless they really don't know. Keep in mind that the system for selling websites in MA is designed so you don't have to know a thing except how to set appointments. It is possible that they don't know.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscirpoli
Heh, famous last words of every single broke person..."If it's to good to be true, it probably is."
Amen to that!

Old 08-02-2005, 07:09 AM
No, I'm not 47 years old... lol.

MLM isn't too good to be true though... it's not free money, you have to work hard at it. So it shouldn't be looked at as "too good to be true"

and "if it's too good to be true.. it probably is" is a good slogan to live by. Keeps a lot of people from being scammed. You just have to know what's too good and what isn't.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Gold Member

to most people making 30k /month after investing $500 and some time, is too good to be true...