report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Silver Member

Re: Market America a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experienced
Thank you all so much for the valuable input. The only problem with contacting MA about my resignation as a distribtor; they make it nearly impossible to find an address. I never did find a link on their site for "Contact Us".

Although, family or not, I think that reporting my upline for their entire lack of support with my resignation is a good idea. It certainly doesn't help the image of these "types of outfits" to make such an obstical course out of getting out. In my opinion, they got my money; I'm a part of the 99.9% statistic that they need to support their little scam - they need to let me out now.

The most difficult thing I have found with MA [i]is[i] actually resigning - aside from having to scam people in order to excel. Thanks, eveyone, for your advice, and again, if you were able to make this whole thing work without resorting to unscrupulous tactics my hat's off to you!

P.S. MA will not allow you to delete your credit card info - unless you enter a false card number (which may be illegal?) they require that information or the information change will not be accepted. Also, quantity=0 is not a valid option either.
"You can checkout anytime you want...but you can never leave" Eagles- Hotel California

Old 07-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member

Ms. Jennings likes the business plan, but thinks exposing it is tantamount to scamming people.

cognative dessonance.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

<<>>

Christ lady. With the way your mind is wired, why don't you just carve it into your arm?

Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Silver Member

Market America is a losing proposition.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry Synik,

Independent peer reviewed studies conducted by leading research facility Pennsylvania State University show unempeachable evidence to the contrary.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Market America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scambuster
kslady, you have great faith, or a direct phone line to God himself to take that kind of leap of faith. What does your doctor think of this?
we all have a direct line to God. Hey this stuff works I have been on the health and nutrional products for some time now. Since then not one virus, cold, sore throat, etc. And guess what I have Ovarian cancer stage three, MoyaMoya, Ms, macular degeneration and more. Recently test show no cancer, no new TIA's in brain, no new drusens in eyes, I have no Aaches, pains, neuropahty, basically feeling great and loving it. A direct line to God? I think not. All my doc's have said what ever your doing...keep doing it. They do say keep on the OPC, B-12 and Aloe. By the way...they take it too.http://

Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scambuster
Any "opportunity" that has a "presentation"....RUN!

well anyone who pays me to get well isn't a scam in my book. You don't just get money honestly, you need to work for it. This IS NOT pyramid. You earn on group sales and group volume. I have only two people sponsored(all you need) to recieve my checks. I have so far earned three $300.00 checks and my next is $600.00. And i get to use these wonderful products that have changed my life. I had cancer(terminal) Ms, moyamoya, and macular degeneration. All signs and symptoms have gone. The way I look at it, one of these diseases may have been "healed" spontaniously...but all of them? I don't think so. the comman denominator is OPC3, aloe, B-12, etc. I would have tried snake oil to get help...luckily i tried MA's products first. Then I joined up. And have never been happier. Oh and healthier! Scam......NOT!

Old 07-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inane5
Some lady tried to recruit me today for Market America. I knew right away that it was a scam and I felt sorry for her. I did some research on MLM, and I formulated a "big picture" of how the whole multi-level marketing works.

First off, a pyramid scheme is marked my 2 traits: hierarchical payment structures (aka "pyramid"), and unsustainability (aka "scheme").

The big picture is this: pyramid schemes are temporal, and when they finally die, all they've achieved is merely a redistribution of money. A few people come out ahead, but the majority come out behind (aka suckered).

So is Market America a pyramid scheme? No, it's just a pyramid. It is actually sustainable believe it or not. They'll defend their pyramidal traits by comparing themselves to other businesses, but here's the big difference: MLM's pyramid is a seller's pyramid, whereas a corporation's pyramid is a managerial pyramid. (A managerial pyramid is just beurocracy and is understandably necessary.) MLM may even compare their pyramid to the middle-manned process of factory-to-supermarket. But the factory-to-supermarket line is usually short and one of necessity. Bottom line: a pyramid is just a shape. Analogies using shapes are weak at best.

So how is Market America sustainable? You have to see the big picture once again. Product exchanges hand rather inefficiently down the pyramid, yes, but it ultimately gets sold! If you produce XXXX units of product_x, generally speaking, XXXX people will ultimately buy it. That net profit is real, although the profit gets distributed oddly.

It's in every member's best interest to keep the demand for their products high, so I suppose the top-level members survey their minions and have their brain-trusts come up with new high-demand products. I'll give the brain-trust credit, the products will sell well (big-picture-wise). Hence the company will sustain itself.

As long as the product is in high-demand, every member will be busy pushing the stuff down the pyramid and to customers - making money in the process. The people at the very bottom will vary though. Some will sell well, but since they're at the bottom, they'll still make zilch. Others will just not be business oriented enough to sell and will lose money. That's just life I guess.

So in summary, the pyramid is actually inefficient, but product will get sold, and therefore money will come in. The entrepreneurial qualities of the sellers are necessary for the multilevel marketing to sustain itself. That's probably why they recruit the way they do. They need to weed out the pessimists, to give potential sellers a carrot, and to advance their own number of underlings.

The only way to get burned is to buy more product than you can sell, or to sell LESS than the upkeep required to stay a member. It takes work to stay in, although going in is like turning to the dark side.

I see MLM as an entrepreneurial outlet for the average joe. Joe doesn't need to put down hundreds of thousands of dollars to start a resturant or business anymore. Instead he can put in a lesser share, and reap what he sows.

So that's the big picure. I wonder if I see it right.

It's not easy to get rich here. It takes optimism, marketing skills, and the right mindset to achieve.

I feel sorry for you if you CANNOT see the bigger picture. This is not a pyramid company. We are based on Group volume. It is not get rich quick, either. As in any business you need to work at it. And if you don't want to retire sooner, make more money or just supplement your income, go ahead work 45 hard years and then a pocket watch. I love MA and feel sorry for those who see it as a scam. Oh well I saw the bigger picture and am I glad? You bet your life I am.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3274
thats because they save their attacks for their opportunity meetings and when they are doing one on one recruiting trying to convince someone how different and better market america is. :rolleyes:

WELL IT IS DIFFERENT
IT IS BETTER
AND WE KNOW IT! NO ATTACKS NEEDED..THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING...OR I MEAN PRODUCTS!

Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNow
April,
About your question about what OPC's really do? This is what I know. OPC's attack what we call free radicals. Free radicals are toxins that your body ingests through out your daily routine. They are in the air you breath (polution), the food you eat (pesticides-preservitives), and the water you drink (more polutants). These free radicals build up in your blood stream and form what we call blood sludge. What your immune system is doing is trying to fight off the blood sludge instead of fighting what the immune system was intended to do which is fight viruses and other ailments. What the OPCs do is help get rid of the blood sludge so your immune system can do it's job. So technically OPCs don't cure anything but blood sludge. It's your immune system that gets the oppertunity to fight and cure. I hope this helps! :)

Technically you are misinformed. Free radicals are unpaired electrons. The human body is made up of many different type cells, these cells are made up of of billions of molecules that are held together with electomagnetic forces or chemical bonds. These bonds are created with paired electrons. Free radicals are molecules that have lost an electron. They become unstable an attack other paired (healthy)electrons. thus transforming a healthy electron into more free radicals. This sets off a chain reaction which can cause damage to a million or more adjacent cells.
Free radicals cause tremendous tissue and cell damage. They damage every area of our bodies. Yes they can turn innocous cholesterol into sticky plaque that clogs arteries, it also destroys cell membranes, the protective covering of our cells, they get into the DNA and inflict damage, this impairs the bodies cells ability to divide and repair. Free radicals (left unchecked) cause accelerated aging, free radicals are implicated in the progression of disease, such as heart disease, cancer, crohns,CF, diabetes, artritis, neurodegenerative dieases, and inflammatory disease. Free radicals cause oxidation stress. Oxidantion stress seen in nature is like rusty metal, hardining of rubber, browning of apples and rotting of meats. In our bodies it is seen as premature aging and disease.
OPC an antioxidant actually are capable of apprehending, stabilizing, deactivating and eliminating free radicals before they attack our cells. They also lower LDL cholestral, premote blood vessel elasticity, improves condition of arteries and cappillaries, helps collegen repAIR itself, reduces swelling and inflamation, helps our bodies resist blood and skin damage and mental deterioration. We are constantly exposed to free radicals and our bodies cannot keep up with the onslaught. The best strategy to deal with free radicals damage is to limit your exposure and increase your bodies ability to apprehend them by boosting your immune system with Antioxidants. (OPC3).

Last edited by cheri4015 : 07-15-2005 at 09:46 AM. Reason: left something out!

Old 07-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've been with the company for a while now and have been fortunate enough to receive the finacial benefits through hard work and helping good people reach their goals. It is unfortunate that some have failed to implement the system but rather have chosen to down it based on their lack of efforts. As distributors and UnFranchise Owners that not only believe in the business,but also our incredible product line (that does not claim any cures, but does help many people in a productive and preventative way) My hats off to you for taking a stand. However, this being my only post I must say you are wasting your time & efforts on those people that simply DO NOT QUALIFY for your business. Stop explaining the plan to them or giving them you incredible testimonials. You know this business works now go out and work with the people who will edify you & your business. The next time you interview someone for your company they should be worth it then show the plan and success will follow.
To all of you that feel you have been burned by Market America, please (if you have a job or a spouse to report to) repeat the same actions that you did when you were "following" the MA System, and get back to the group with your date of "fire" or "divorce". What we have works and you obviouly didn't work.
My best to all the Market America distributors; See you at the top~
Grace~

Old 07-17-2005, 03:33 AM
Silver Member

"It is unfortunate that some have failed to implement the system but rather have chosen to down it based on their lack of efforts."

I love this one....they failed becuase they didn't follow the plan. That's their stock excuse...it's all their fault.

They failed becuase the "system" is doomed for a number of reasons. Mathematically its doomed to fail becuase there is no control and leads to over saturation. 98% of the people who join leave in the first 2 years becuase they make little or no money so, no successfull downline is formed. Like Amway, when people see you coming...they run.

This company was started by JR who was a former AMWAY clown...its the same thing just polished up...and idiots can't see that.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael
Sorry Synik,

Independent peer reviewed studies conducted by leading research facility Pennsylvania State University show unempeachable evidence to the contrary.
Really, post them.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:36 AM
Silver Member

Cheri4015

You are an idiot.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experienced
Thank you all so much for the valuable input. The only problem with contacting MA about my resignation as a distribtor; they make it nearly impossible to find an address. I never did find a link on their site for "Contact Us".

Although, family or not, I think that reporting my upline for their entire lack of support with my resignation is a good idea. It certainly doesn't help the image of these "types of outfits" to make such an obstical course out of getting out. In my opinion, they got my money; I'm a part of the 99.9% statistic that they need to support their little scam - they need to let me out now.

The most difficult thing I have found with MA [i]is[i] actually resigning - aside from having to scam people in order to excel. Thanks, eveyone, for your advice, and again, if you were able to make this whole thing work without resorting to unscrupulous tactics my hat's off to you!

P.S. MA will not allow you to delete your credit card info - unless you enter a false card number (which may be illegal?) they require that information or the information change will not be accepted. Also, quantity=0 is not a valid option either.
I can say this, it does not surprize me you failed in this business if you cannot even find the company address. Did you know MA has it's own web site? www.marketamerica.com Have you gone on your unfranchise site? Do you get the PowerLine magizine? Maybe your not really in Market America, so you won't need to "quit".

Old 07-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Silver Member

Oh yes, to be successful you have to buy all the parts, attend all the meetings and buy all the tapes. Because if you don't...that means you're not following the plan..and if you fail its all your fault.

But then, we get another idiot to sign up and spend his hard earned money and fail....and another and another......

Thats how this company makes its money, that and the fact that they sell over 70% of its products too its own members.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:31 AM
No, I'm not 47 years old... lol.

she's not an idiot... she just listens to everything they tell her

Old 07-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Silver Member

70% huh?.....Is that another number you made up? and if not, where did you get it.