report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: BBB Top Ten Scams......No MLM!

Most industries experience a level of saturation, it's just that some of the individual companies maintain enough of a market share to make business operations worth while. MLM disregards this, which is why many reps continue to operate at a loss.

I worked for a restaurant once. Unfortunately, they were in an area surrounded by fast food joints and other sit down restaurants. They still managed to turn a profit, though barely. It was enough to keep their doors open, but not enough for the owners investment to be worth while. I believe they've since closed down.

It's not always cut and dry and night and day, this saturation business. There is a fine line between a marketable business and product line, and one you should avoid. This is true of certain industries, companies, and products....and MLM in general.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
Most industries experience a level of saturation, it's just that some of the individual companies maintain enough of a market share to make business operations worth while. MLM disregards this, which is why many reps continue to operate at a loss.

I worked for a restaurant once. Unfortunately, they were in an area surrounded by fast food joints and other sit down restaurants. They still managed to turn a profit, though barely. It was enough to keep their doors open, but not enough for the owners investment to be worth while. I believe they've since closed down.

It's not always cut and dry and night and day, this saturation business. There is a fine line between a marketable business and product line, and one you should avoid. This is true of certain industries, companies, and products....and MLM in general.
Geez you talk some rubbish!
Distributors don't make it pay because they don't learn the skills and apply them, nothing to do with saturation.
I speak to people every day who have never heard of network marketing/MLM. If I speak to a hundred people, 98 of them have never heard of MLM.

Here is someone who knows about saturation and this was written in 1993 and people were talking about saturation then! Nearly 20 years later and old companies like Amway are having record sales!
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

Here's what I'd say to someone who says they've never heard of MLM or network marketing:

"Have you at least heard of Amway?"
"No??? Do you have a television? Do you live in the world?"
"Are you 14 or older?"
"What DO you know then...about anything? What color is the sky? Do you know your own name?"
"Have you heard of pyramid scheme's at least?"
"No? Ok, then you are intentionally being dense. Go get your mom or day, I need to speak to a real adult."

Yet Doyle probably thinks that some rube who knows nothing of MLM would be a perfect prospect for his "business opportunity"...

Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Here's what I'd say to someone who says they've never heard of MLM or network marketing:

"Have you at least heard of Amway?"
"No??? Do you have a television? Do you live in the world?"
"Are you 14 or older?"
"What DO you know then...about anything? What color is the sky? Do you know your own name?"
"Have you heard of pyramid scheme's at least?"
"No? Ok, then you are intentionally being dense. Go get your mom or day, I need to speak to a real adult."

Yet Doyle probably thinks that some rube who knows nothing of MLM would be a perfect prospect for his "business opportunity"...
And we wonder why you failed.........
I don't...its pretty obvious.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
I speak to people every day who have never heard of network marketing/MLM. If I speak to a hundred people, 98 of them have never heard of MLM.
Next time substitute the misleading MLM/DS crap you use on the trail with "pyramid scheme".

I guarantee 98 out of 100 will know.

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

To be fair Doyle, today is not one of your better days on scam.comedy. Usually you wait until mid-afternoon to start contradicting yourself and posting silly google images, but I guess today you figured you'd get a jumpstart on it.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
To be fair Doyle, today is not one of your better days on scam.comedy. Usually you wait until mid-afternoon to start contradicting yourself and posting silly google images, but I guess today you figured you'd get a jumpstart on it.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

I suspected as much. You're just itchin' for another bannin' ain't you Doyle?

Wanna just skip to the Ad Homs and get this puppy over with? Why go through all the troll formalities? Just cut to the chase.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
What if they offered you a training course and then an executive wage plus shares and bonuses. Would you turn it down because you considered the vacuum business saturated because everyone has one. Or, the tv business. Or the shoe business...everyone has shoes, are these saturated businesses?
If the key to making money was product sales, like in the shoe or TV business, then a business that produces something with a limited lifespan would be unlikely to saturate a market and their bigger danger would be competition. In MLM, the key to making money is recruitment, and other than new births, the possible sales are limited to the adult population of the planet. Competition is unimportant because they don't produce competitive products and count on other methods to generate sales. Thus, saturation would be met quickly from basic mathematics.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do you limit yourself to speaking to people under the age of thirteen?

If only 1 out of 50 people that you speak to has heard of MLM, then you are apparently focusing on the truly ignorant and uneducated. Not surprising that your prime customers(victims) would be people who are unaware of what you are trying to sell to them.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

No, seriously. If I was talking to an adult that never heard of network marketing, MLM, or pyramid schemes, then I would be in a state of shock and amazement.

Sometimes people may not have heard of a specific term, like MLM. Or they may not recognize what you are talking about as something they've encountered previously, eventhough it's the same thing. I mean, who hasn't heard of Avon, or been propositioned to sell tupperwear? Even when I was 18 and pitched on Amway, I had heard of Amway before that, not to mention other MLMs. And this was before the internetz!

Doesn't matter, Doyle knows that at best, only a small fraction of people don't know what MLM is. He's always tries to pull the exception to the rule to prove you wrong, as do most people you argue with on the internet. But it comes down to a simple fact. Most people have heard of MLM. Most people run for the hills when they hear you talk about it. That's why MLM is a saturated business opportunity.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
No, seriously. If I was talking to an adult that never heard of network marketing, MLM, or pyramid schemes, then I would be in a state of shock and amazement.
7 Billion people on the planet, and you 'think' you've figured out what they know or not re:MLM/DS?!

Man, you are friggin DELUSIONAL!

Quote:
Sometimes people may not have heard of a specific term, like MLM. Or they may not recognize what you are talking about as something they've encountered previously, eventhough it's the same thing. I mean, who hasn't heard of Avon, or been propositioned to sell tupperwear?
Don't have a clue, you seem to have it ALL figured out for all 7 BILLION people on the planet, you tell us, hotshot!

(Fascinating thing, the mind of a bigot...)

Quote:
Even when I was 18 and pitched on Amway, I had heard of Amway before that, not to mention other MLMs. And this was before the internetz!
And because you figured this out all by yourself, the rest of the world did too, by sheer osmosis, huh?!

WOW! Simply Amazing!! ...the entire world re.volves around you? Incredible...

Quote:
Doesn't matter, Doyle knows that at best, only a small fraction of people don't know what MLM is.
And you've come to this conclusion HOW?

Did you do a survey?

Oh wait, it's all in your MIND, I get it...

Quote:
He's always tries to pull the exception to the rule to prove you wrong, as do most people you argue with on the internet. But it comes down to a simple fact. Most people have heard of MLM. Most people run for the hills when they hear you talk about it. That's why MLM is a saturated business opportunity.
Just a suggestion, get out of your head, get out in the real world once in a while.

It'll do you some good!

Bigot.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
If the key to making money was product sales, like in the shoe or TV business, then a business that produces something with a limited lifespan would be unlikely to saturate a market and their bigger danger would be competition. In MLM, the key to making money is recruitment, and other than new births, the possible sales are limited to the adult population of the planet. Competition is unimportant because they don't produce competitive products and count on other methods to generate sales. Thus, saturation would be met quickly from basic mathematics.
Product sales are the only way you can make money, otherwise it would be illegal.
Hope this helps.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
Do you limit yourself to speaking to people under the age of thirteen?

If only 1 out of 50 people that you speak to has heard of MLM, then you are apparently focusing on the truly ignorant and uneducated. Not surprising that your prime customers(victims) would be people who are unaware of what you are trying to sell to them.
Under 13 would be a waste of time, you must be of legal age to do MLM.
I dont try to sell them anything, I solve their problems.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Sometimes people may not have heard of a specific term, like MLM. Or they may not recognize what you are talking about as something they've encountered previously, eventhough it's the same thing. I mean, who hasn't heard of Avon, or been propositioned to sell tupperwear? Even when I was 18 and pitched on Amway, I had heard of Amway before that, not to mention other MLMs. And this was before the internetz!

Doesn't matter, Doyle knows that at best, only a small fraction of people don't know what MLM is. He's always tries to pull the exception to the rule to prove you wrong, as do most people you argue with on the internet. But it comes down to a simple fact. Most people have heard of MLM. Most people run for the hills when they hear you talk about it. That's why MLM is a saturated business opportunity.

I'm in MLM and have been for quite a few years, but I've never been pitched on Amway and neither have any of my friends and family.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm in MLM and have been for quite a few years, but I've never been pitched on Amway and neither have any of my friends and family.
You're also in Britain, not America. But either way, you've heard of Amway. Which was my point.

Also, how would you know what your family has been pitched on in the past? Lemme guess, you just assumed that.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
You're also in Britain, not America. But either way, you've heard of Amway. Which was my point.
I'm in MLM, of course I've heard of Amway and they've been in Britain for many years, so much for your saturation theory.

Quote:
Also, how would you know what your family has been pitched on in the past? Lemme guess, you just assumed that.
Duh...because I've spoken with them about MLM.
Where's that facepalm picture?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:

OMG!!! How do you know what all 7 Billion people on the planet are aware of or not?!

2 funny!
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here