report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Who Broke the Window? Black Guy or White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
Mine was a joke....lol
I know you were joking but

I was trying to get back to the topic.

Just forget it. lol

Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

I'm more of a peachy color.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
They're actually both shades. While it's true that light made of all different wavelengths becomes white in the visible spectrum, mixing various colored items evenly will produce brown, not white.
It's even more complicated than that.

There are two ways you can mix colours, by addition or by subtraction:

- Paint works by subtracting out colours from white light. So when white sunlight hits your red house, the paint absorbs all (actually most) of the colours except for red. If you mix red paint, green paint and blue paint, the red will absorb most of everything except red, the blue will absorb most of everything except blue, and the green will absorb most of everything except green. The result is that the paint absorbs pretty much everything leaving you with a brownish mess.

- Lights shining on one another works by adding colours together. If I shine a red light and a blue light on something, then it is getting hit by both colours. The end result is a combination of the two. If you mix a red light, green light and blue light then it will appear white. The lights add together, they don't subtract.

- Finally, white can be a combination of all colours, but it doesn't have to be. Our eyes have three different colour receptors, and anything that causes all three of them to trigger will be perceived by us as white. It takes at least three colours to achieve this, and they must be sufficiently spaced across the visible spectrum, but that is all. Hence red + green + blue will appear to be white, but also orange + yellow + purple.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post

- Paint works by subtracting out colours from white light. So when white sunlight hits your red house, the paint absorbs all (actually most) of the colours except for red. If you mix red paint, green paint and blue paint, the red will absorb most of everything except red, the blue will absorb most of everything except blue, and the green will absorb most of everything except green. The result is that the paint absorbs pretty much everything leaving you with a brownish mess.
Given that, if three (or more) colored substances were mixed so thoroughly as to be completely homologous, wouldn't it be black (or perhaps grey) and not brown?

One of my favorite stories is about the wavelengths of light that chlorophyll absorbs and the resulting reasons you can't put green-filters in your greenhouse.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 PM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Why was race used in this exercise?
Race ? I don't recall race being in the fact pattern.

Does race have something to do with who broke the window?

The fact pattern simply states a Black guy, with a rock in his hand, and a White guy without a rock.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
Given that, if three (or more) colored substances were mixed so thoroughly as to be completely homologous, wouldn't it be black (or perhaps grey) and not brown?

One of my favorite stories is about the wavelengths of light that chlorophyll absorbs and the resulting reasons you can't put green-filters in your greenhouse.
Theoretically, yes. In reality red paint absorbs most of the blue light and reflects most of the red, and blue paint absorbs most of the red light and reflects most of the blue. The left-over stuff adds up to give a brownish colour.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
This is the scenario:
  • A window is broken by a rock.
  • A police officer hears the window break, and sees to two men next to the window.
  • One is black, and has a rock in his hand.
  • The other is white, his hands are empty.
Who broke the window?

Who does the police officer arrest?

This fact pattern was an actual event, and was used in the Marines for training in human relations.
Think about it, and post your answers or thoughts below.
It is an interesting exercise........
I did not read the thread at the time of my post...

The white guy. He already threw his rock. Arrest the black guy as well as an accomplice.... ADDENDA: IF arresting is the only option available that is.

Last edited by yyy123 : 04-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyy123 View Post
I did not read the thread at the time of my post...

The white guy. He already threw his rock. Arrest the black guy as well as an accomplice.
Hum... Makes sense.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Quote:
Hum... Makes sense.
That was my first response but then I went for the joke instead...lol

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hum... Makes sense.
After reading the thread I had to add 'if arrest is the only option'... :)

Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
It seemed to me they were testing to see who would use race as a reason for thinking someone was a criminal.
(don't give the answer away)

Old 04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

I couldn't resist...

Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Yup !

Gotta be careful when making assumptions about folks.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yup !

Gotta be careful when making assumptions about folks.
I assume you are tired.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Florida Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjoe View Post
Nah, you'd taze him and then cry resist when he wiggled.

Yeah you are right!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is the scenario:
  • A window is broken by a rock.
  • A police officer hears the window break, and sees to two men next to the window.
  • One is black, and has a rock in his hand.
  • The other is white, his hands are empty.

Who broke the window?

Who does the police officer arrest?

This fact pattern was an actual event, and was used in the Marines for training in human relations.
Think about it, and post your answers or thoughts below.
It is an interesting exercise........
The scenario is impossible, since the police officer can't possibly finish his donut fast enough to get there in time to actually catch any guilty party.

After the event is reported in mainstream media, an internet forum is full of discussions about which racial group is 39 times more likely to throw rocks at other groups rather than at windows.

Meanwhile, the window manufacturer tries to stay quiet about the flaw in the latest batch of window panes, causing them to crack in cold weather.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
The scenario is impossible, since the police officer can't possibly finish his donut fast enough to get there in time to actually catch any guilty party.

After the event is reported in mainstream media, an internet forum is full of discussions about which racial group is 39 times more likely to throw rocks at other groups rather than at windows.

Meanwhile, the window manufacturer tries to stay quiet about the flaw in the latest batch of window panes, causing them to crack in cold weather.
I forgot to add:
1) The Police Officer was Black
2) It was a 'Black' neighborhood. The Black guy had a gun in is pocket. Had violent felonies. And was a neighborhood watch captain. Had called 911 about a White guy walking in the neighborhood.
3) The White guy was suspended from school
4) The White guy had been caught at school with an empty bag of dope and a screw driver in his backpack.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
I forgot to add:
1) The Police Officer was Black
2) It was a 'Black' neighborhood. The Black guy had a gun in is pocket. Had violent felonies. And was a neighborhood watch captain. Had called 911 about a White guy walking in the neighborhood.
3) The White guy was suspended from school
4) The White guy had been caught at school with an empty bag of dope and a screw driver in his backpack.
Was the Screwdriver in his backpack shaken or stirred? Which brand of vodka did he use?

You know, if we are to solve this mystery, we need all the info!