report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Joe Is Cool

Who Actually Buys MLM Stuff?

http://mlmtheamericandreammadenightm...dochswall.html

Excluding all the 'Amway' corporation's own unsubstantiated documentation, and all unsubstantiated verbal statements made by yourselves and by your alleged 'sales force,' what independent evidence can you produce that would prove that your enterprise's alleged 'permanently profitable and expanding Multi-Level Marketing income opportunity' has actually had any significant external source of revenue other than that deriving from its own constantly-churning participants? i.e. Can you produce the audited accounts of a significant number of persons who have been under contract to 'Amway' as alleged 'business owners,' showing that their alleged 'businesses' have been authentic and that these persons have paid income-tax on profits accruing lawfully from their having regularly retailed a significant quantity of 'Amway' products, and/or services, directly to the public?

Self-evidently, during the interview, Dennis Berman behaved like a grinning stooge feeding scripted gag-lines to two grinning comedians. Laughably, at no time did he challenge any unsubstantiated statement made by Messrs. DeVos and VanAndel whom he kept addressing as 'you guys.'

After approximately 14 minutes of sycophancy, Dennis Berman asked the 'Amway' bosses what percentage of their '$10.8 billion annual sales' are to the general public? He was first told that according to 'Amway's' own estimates, 50%, but in almost the same breath, this 50% figure was quickly qualified as referring to 'customers and end-users.' However, again almost in the same breath, the 'Amway' bosses made the absurd claim that 100% of 'Amway sales are to customers and end-users, because Amway distributors are all customers and end users.' In other words, 'Amway' adherents have been both buyers and sellers in an economically-unviable closed-market. To the ill-informed, this mystifying economic hocus-pocus might sound impressive. However, it is a classic piece of Orwellian 'double-think,' but then, the quantifiable evidence proves that 'MLM income opportunity' lie has been maintained, by shutting down the critical and evaluative faculties of its victims using co-ordinated devious techniques of social, psychological and physical persuasion (without their fully-informed consent). Indeed, in a recent lawsuit brought by a group of distressed American 'Amway' adherents, an internal report (from 2006) was produced as evidence. This unchallenged document (which had been deliberately withheld from the public) showed that less than 4% of alleged 'Amway sales' were, in fact, authentic retail transactions to the public.

Bookmark and Share

Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: Who Actually Buys MLM Stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
http://mlmtheamericandreammadenightm...dochswall.html

Excluding all the 'Amway' corporation's own unsubstantiated documentation, and all unsubstantiated verbal statements made by yourselves and by your alleged 'sales force,' what independent evidence can you produce that would prove that your enterprise's alleged 'permanently profitable and expanding Multi-Level Marketing income opportunity' has actually had any significant external source of revenue other than that deriving from its own constantly-churning participants? i.e. Can you produce the audited accounts of a significant number of persons who have been under contract to 'Amway' as alleged 'business owners,' showing that their alleged 'businesses' have been authentic and that these persons have paid income-tax on profits accruing lawfully from their having regularly retailed a significant quantity of 'Amway' products, and/or services, directly to the public?

Self-evidently, during the interview, Dennis Berman behaved like a grinning stooge feeding scripted gag-lines to two grinning comedians. Laughably, at no time did he challenge any unsubstantiated statement made by Messrs. DeVos and VanAndel whom he kept addressing as 'you guys.'

After approximately 14 minutes of sycophancy, Dennis Berman asked the 'Amway' bosses what percentage of their '$10.8 billion annual sales' are to the general public? He was first told that according to 'Amway's' own estimates, 50%, but in almost the same breath, this 50% figure was quickly qualified as referring to 'customers and end-users.' However, again almost in the same breath, the 'Amway' bosses made the absurd claim that 100% of 'Amway sales are to customers and end-users, because Amway distributors are all customers and end users.' In other words, 'Amway' adherents have been both buyers and sellers in an economically-unviable closed-market. To the ill-informed, this mystifying economic hocus-pocus might sound impressive. However, it is a classic piece of Orwellian 'double-think,' but then, the quantifiable evidence proves that 'MLM income opportunity' lie has been maintained, by shutting down the critical and evaluative faculties of its victims using co-ordinated devious techniques of social, psychological and physical persuasion (without their fully-informed consent). Indeed, in a recent lawsuit brought by a group of distressed American 'Amway' adherents, an internal report (from 2006) was produced as evidence. This unchallenged document (which had been deliberately withheld from the public) showed that less than 4% of alleged 'Amway sales' were, in fact, authentic retail transactions to the public.

That's what you toook away from this 30 minute interview?

Sad..

How about 11 out of 12 years of growth

Faith in entrepreneurial spirit

Constantly adapting toneeds of different markets they are in,including but not limited to eliminating registration/renewal fees if needed in a countryto distance itself from Pyramid type accusations

Evenmore fired up than before

Thanks for posting this!!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post

Sad..

Constantly adapting toneeds of different markets they are in,including but not limited to eliminating registration/renewal fees if needed in a countryto distance itself from Pyramid type accusations

Apparently you didn't understand. What I took away from this was that Amway IBO's aren't selling products to anyone but themselves.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Sad..
Growth in retail sales? Or in recruitment of new victims.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Someone is buying this stuff....fantastic success story.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

Customers DO indeed buy these products. In fact, just the other day I think someone posted about the nice lady with cancer who sold all her kid's furniture so she could afford a bunch of overpriced MLM products. That's a case in point if I've ever seen one!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
Growth in retail sales? Or in recruitment of new victims.
Good question. Amway seems to be growing mostly in foreign countries. Places where people don't know about Amway yet?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Cranky Old Fart

Who Actually Buys MLM Crap?

Smart people.

You do realize that....

''If a young man or woman went to a ''Network Marketing academy'' after high school and built up their network as ''on-the-job training'' on the side with a good and reliable company during their study (e.g. for four years), they would graduate after four years with the right to a pension.''

Karl Pilsl, economic researcher.

I mean, hell, what other kind of job can you get a pension after spending just 4 years making an ass of yourself bugging people to buy some crap?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Nobody,

It's all kept on house so when they jump,

They can find a slew of suckers who think likewise.

Don't forget your convention tickets....tools and praise!!!

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Diamond Member

The MLM I purchase from most is probably Scentsy. I love their stuff.

Sometimes I'll order from Avon... maybe once or twice a year. I usually get my daughter some stuff from them since she likes that kind of stuff.

I'm about to place an order with Thirty One, I'm probably going to purchase some nail foils from Jamberry Nails as well.

I place a monthly order with Body bi Vi, I'm not about to stop either. I've lost weight and I've been using it for 3 weeks now. I've also actually used all the shake mix I've bought... something I've never done with any weight management shake because most of them are so gross.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

I have never once had anyone tell me how great an MLM product was.

I have however, had many people tell me how great the business of MLM was.

One person is still in the MLM business, and she may doing well with it honestly. But I called her out on a few shady practices and false advertising with thier product, and she stopped talking to me. I still wonder if I should have gone to a lawyer and pointed out the false advertising as stated by W0rldVentures.

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegger430 View Post
I have never once had anyone tell me how great an MLM product was.
I am not an advocate of or defender of MLMs, however, I still buy two products from an MLM that I was suckered into joining 22 years ago when I was in my early 20s. And I do so by calling direct and paying their full "retail" price. It's worth it to me because I really love those two products and haven't found any substitute that I like even remotely as much. Unfortunately they changed their formulas on many of their other products over the years and I stopped buying them, but if they hadn't done that I'd be buying about 6 of their products.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
Who Actually Buys MLM Crap?

Smart people.

You do realize that....

''If a young man or woman went to a ''Network Marketing academy'' after high school and built up their network as ''on-the-job training'' on the side with a good and reliable company during their study (e.g. for four years), they would graduate after four years with the right to a pension.''

Karl Pilsl, economic researcher.

I mean, hell, what other kind of job can you get a pension after spending just 4 years making an ass of yourself bugging people to buy some crap?
Like many people, you gave up on network marketing too early Brian.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 AM

Reading the replies here, I see there are people buying MLM products because they like them. Amazing eh ;)
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member

One of the few testimonials I've heard where a person is satisfied with the MLM's products and continues to buy them at retail price....yet they still said they were suckered into being a distributor, thus implying it was some type of scam.

If that's the best you got Doyle, that's pretty sad.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
One of the few testimonials I've heard where a person is satisfied with the MLM's products and continues to buy them at retail price....yet they still said they were suckered into being a distributor, thus implying it was some type of scam.

I have many testimonials from happy customers and distributors, but the question is, if I put their testimonials on here, would you believe them? Of course not.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post

Have you never heard of Scentsy? They've exploded in popularity and everyone I know owns their products (which are not expensive) yet I think I only know a couple of reps.

And what about Avon? A ton of people purchase their products but aren't necessarily reps.

I can think of numerous companies where people buy the products just because they like them at retail price and never become a consultant. Maybe I just know a lot more people than you do?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member

There are a few Teambeachbody coaches working at my department. They do the Insanity, P90X, Hip-Hop Abs, and Les Mills workouts with a few other members. I've seen a few cans of Shakeology floating around.

My wife uses Pampered Chef products.

Advocare has some pretty good endorsements, including the Buurgener family, notable from Olympic wieghtlifting and Crossfit.

I can't say with any degree of certainty if anyone I know is making any money off of the business side, though.

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."