report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Newbie Member

Slendertone abdominal belt -as seen on TV? Does it work?

Does the Slendertone abdominal belt really work, or just another scam?? The TV ad makes it seem so effective in tightening the stomach area. I have tried sit ups and crunches to no avail and they hurt!! This would be great if it really works...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Slendertone abdominal belt -as seen on TV? Does it work?

If you expect six-pack with those belts, you are kidding yourself.

Check this page http://www.infomercialscams.com/fitness.htm for reviews of all those abdominal products.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Synergy in Action

In a previous life, I used to sell those things in a fitness store. Slendertone was one of the leading brands, although we also sold others.

The general consensus amongst the fitness staff there was that they are more gimmicky than useful. There is no denying that the electrical current does make muscles contract, and much fun was to be had to see who could take the strongest setting for longest (and if you have never tried it, it does really hurt on the top setting).

It appeals to the lazy side in all of us. Sounds great - sit on the couch watching TV and get fit at the same time, but there is simply no substitute for real exercise. Save the quite-a-bit-of-money these things cost and get a gym membership instead.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 PM
The Solitary Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot37
In a previous life, I used to sell those things in a fitness store. Slendertone was one of the leading brands, although we also sold others.

The general consensus amongst the fitness staff there was that they are more gimmicky than useful. There is no denying that the electrical current does make muscles contract, and much fun was to be had to see who could take the strongest setting for longest (and if you have never tried it, it does really hurt on the top setting).

It appeals to the lazy side in all of us. Sounds great - sit on the couch watching TV and get fit at the same time, but there is simply no substitute for real exercise. Save the quite-a-bit-of-money these things cost and get a gym membership instead.
I think I agree with this post, there is nothing like real exercise, but the belt did make my stomach muscles contract, however, I didn't wear it everyday so I can't say 100% whether or not it works to give you a six pack and it did not cost me a fortune, it was cheap.

At the time when I had a very visible six pack, it was obtained through sitting on one of those flat gym tables (can't remember what they are called) with my legs firmly tucked under and then doing the sit-ups. It's the best way to get a flat stomach.

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are!

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Last edited by Administrator : 05-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Slendertone abdominal belt -as seen on TV? Do

YES! it works! really! My girlfriend dropped two dress-sizes thankful Slendertone Shorts.

Yesterday i ordered Slendertone Ab Belt for me!

Last edited by sojustask : 08-13-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbelt View Post
YES! it works! really! My girlfriend dropped two dress-sizes thankful Slendertone Shorts.

Yesterday i ordered Slendertone Ab Belt for me!
And since you are trying to point people to sales site that is probably yours, you are spammer.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Its common sense people. How much muscle do you gain if your muscles contract with no weight..... Will your bicepts grow if you do 4 sets of ten reps of curls WITH NO WEIGHT?

I think not. Contraction is nothing without load....

Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
Its common sense people. How much muscle do you gain if your muscles contract with no weight..... Will your bicepts grow if you do 4 sets of ten reps of curls WITH NO WEIGHT?

Not quite right. If you do 100 or 1000 reps without any weight you still gain mussle mass. You just have to do so much more reps.

But any way. If you do not get tired, you get no mussle gain or weight loss.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My two cents: I ordered a Slendertone Belt over a month ago and I love it! I use it as an addition to my workout and I've notice a big difference. I ordered it from these guys- www.youngzebra.com and I would recommend them, very cheap price compared to some of the other web sites.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren View Post
Does the Slendertone abdominal belt really work, or just another scam?? The TV ad makes it seem so effective in tightening the stomach area. I have tried sit ups and crunches to no avail and they hurt!! This would be great if it really works...
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. ITS NOT WORTH IT. I PURCHASED THE ARM TONER AND WAIST TONER AND THEY ARE HARD TO WRK ONCE YOU WEAR OUT THE STICKY PADS THT HAS TO STICK TO U AND THE TONER THEY WANT YOU TO BUY NEW ONES AND ITS EASY TO WEAR THEM OUT JUST BY TRYING TO ATTACH THEM. I SENT IT BACK FOR A REFUND N LAST MONTH AND IVE BEEN GETTING THE RUN AROUND AND I RECENTLY REPORTED THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUERAU BECAUSE THATS SCAMMING AND AT THAT WHEN YOU CALL TO TELL THEM YOU WANT TO RETURN IT FOR A REFUND THE REPS GET ATTITUDES IVE SPOKEN WITH FIVE DIFFERENT RUDE REPS. DNT WASTE YOUR TIME IM A VICTIM WHO WENT FOR A SCAM NOW I KNOW IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE RUN FAR FROM IT BECAUSE THTS SIGNS FOR SCAMS AND THE PEOPLE THEY SHOW ON THE COMMERCIALS ARE MODELS AND FITNESS EXPERTS DONT BUY IT

Old 04-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
Not quite right. If you do 100 or 1000 reps without any weight you still gain mussle mass. You just have to do so much more reps.

,thank you all so much,i happy join this forum.so niche.i using slendertone Belt http://slendertone-belt.blogspot.com

Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Well I have used the "Flex Pro Abdominal Muscle Toner" for a year now. Yes it works, I may never get a six pack like the men in the movie 300 but I don't care, I just want to have a flat stomach with some tone to it. I am a tall man, so I actually ended up moving the belt up and down my abdominal to exercise the whole region. So unlike what the instructions say find the middle and place the belt there, I needed to use the belt in three spots (lower, middle, and upper). I would guess if you have a wall of fat in the abdominal region (2 inches or more) it is not going to work. I am using the belt about every other day; I have it on program 7 with the intensity level at 99. It also surprisingly helped strengthen my back muscles not sure how, but I really donít care. You need to play around a little with where you place the pads, when it is on the wrong spot (over a bone or wrong spot on the side) it can be a bit painful! I have replaced the pads once in the entire year. Note I use the belt when I get out of the shower in the morning after I have dried out, so my skin is clean. The batteries I had to replace probably 5 times now and they are a pain. Hard to find triple A batteries locally and a pain to get them into the belt. Other than that I am satisfied. I have read reviews that women may not want to use it during that time of the month, something to do with causing extreme pain due to cramping already. I do not know this first hand, but it make since.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Sorry guys this is another question. I have used this product before and it worked ok for me, i was just wondering one thing....Does anyone know if you can use it while breastfeeding? I know the instructions say women shouldn't use it during menstruation. Has anyone heard anything about breastfeeding??

Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post

This is the most sensible answer I have heard. No doubt you must increase resistance to build muscle. Also most of the negative reports seem like adds for the product. They say the marking is bad but just so happens the product is great.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post

I totally agree, as if you keep acitng as if your doing curls with weights, but not really using the weight after 300 or so you start to feel it weighing more and more and more thus itself turning into weight. you just have to do a lot of them like 2000 which that belt does for you so yeah just tired the muscles out and it works just fine, you just cant be a fat turd. do real situps and use this to finish it off and it will sure work.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowever View Post
Well I have used the "Flex Pro Abdominal Muscle Toner" for a year now. Yes it works, I may never get a six pack like the men in the movie 300 but I don't care, I just want to have a flat stomach with some tone to it. I am a tall man, so I actually ended up moving the belt up and down my abdominal to exercise the whole region. So unlike what the instructions say find the middle and place the belt there, I needed to use the belt in three spots (lower, middle, and upper). I would guess if you have a wall of fat in the abdominal region (2 inches or more) it is not going to work. I am using the belt about every other day; I have it on program 7 with the intensity level at 99. It also surprisingly helped strengthen my back muscles not sure how, but I really donít care. You need to play around a little with where you place the pads, when it is on the wrong spot (over a bone or wrong spot on the side) it can be a bit painful! I have replaced the pads once in the entire year. Note I use the belt when I get out of the shower in the morning after I have dried out, so my skin is clean. The batteries I had to replace probably 5 times now and they are a pain. Hard to find triple A batteries locally and a pain to get them into the belt. Other than that I am satisfied. I have read reviews that women may not want to use it during that time of the month, something to do with causing extreme pain due to cramping already. I do not know this first hand, but it make since.
I am a 41 year old overweight man. I am NOT a spammer or rep of Slender tone. I just recently started using it and in one week, I have lost 2 inches around my big belly. I am about 100 lbs over weight. I have been working out faithfully for over a month now and had only lost 4 lbs. I don't if know if I did anything different other than wear the belt, but I've lost an additional 5 lbs in one week. I'm not saying its a cure all, but I am saying it works, at least so far it has. I am wearing it everyday. I'll try and update the blog in a few months and if I'm still improving, I'll let everyone know.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

so dons anyone know if it will work on a man that is 210bl i just got it today and try it i like how it feels when it is on me o i hope it will work for me

Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

hey, im just wondering - as iv read the majority of previous comments - does anyone genuine believe it's worth me getting a Slendertone belt as i am 5ft 7.5 and 78kgs, size 12-14 mostly 14, id like my stomach to be in better shape and don't have time for the gym! any opinions much appreciated.

Last edited by nina.m : 04-14-2011 at 10:51 AM.