report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Newbie Member

Invention Scam???

I submitted an idea to a company named Davison Design and Development. It has been weeks and now they are contacting me and wanting to discuss my idea. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is yet another scam. Does ANYONE know about this company and what their real deal is? I need to know ASAP cause they keep calling and I want to tell them forget it but if it is legitimate then maybe I'll listen to this guy and what he is offering. I really need a quick response on this one, so if anyone can help please do.

Thanks, Corajo

Old 08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Invention Scam???

A good place to start is the Better Business Bureau. They do not have a good record, read the whole thing and hope you paid with credit card and can get a chargeback.
http://www.pittsburgh.bbb.org/nis/ne...41000012000782

Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 PM

You probably want to read this link:

http://www.bizop.ca/blog2/000318.html

Suite 1250, 180 Dundas St West
Toronto, ON

Misleading Advertising Law

Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

check out these links,

http://www.davisoninternational.com/

http://inventioncity.com/davison.html

http://www.davisoninnovations.com/about.php

Davison Design’s websites look too good to be true. When you submit your idea they will contact you by phone by a certain John D’Allessio (too fictitious) and will even give you an 800 number.
He’ll tell you no obligation on your part at first then later he’ll mention about a flat fee of $685.00 US dollars later and will promise you about a package he’ll send by mail.
The package will ask you to fill in your checquing account number and or debit card number. Hello! Are you crazy to give those info away?

It is a BIG SCAM

Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Silver Member

Lets thing about this, shall we...

A - I invent a great product and pay thousands to a company to "help" me.....they do nothing but give me brochures, talk big about how rich i'll be and then basicly keep asking me for more money until I get sick of them and stop, effectivly ending our business relationship with a box-full of brochures for a "future" product i thought of.

B - I invent a great product and pay thousands to a company to manufacture/market/advertise the product...I eventually get a good return on my product after many years of hard work and a large capital expenditure.

Tell me which sounds like REALITY and which sounds like REALITY TELEVISION.

WAKE UP ALREADY!

:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Are you trying to help or just being sarcastic?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Silver Member

I just want people to understand that inventing something is not like winning the lottery.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Thanks for this information, I be sure to tell LOGCHESTER about this and his other friends, you know he is forever INVENTING UP LIES.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The FTC has a lawsuit against them.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Check out www.davisonbeware.com something i have put together to try and make future inventors aware and avoid the scam......

Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

davison def a scam does anyone know about new product help inc, and if i should invest any more time with them the bbb gave them an a- but im still not sure

Old 08-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone3993 View Post
davison def a scam does anyone know about new product help inc, and if i should invest any more time with them the bbb gave them an a- but im still not sure
Much like invention submission had to do in renaming itself after getting taken to court by the FTC for scamming people, your new product company appears to be invent-tech trying to rename itself for the same reasons.

Quote:

Registrant: Make this info private
Invention Technologies
2655 LeJeune Rd.
5th Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33134
US
Domain Name: NEWPRODUCTHELP.COM

Administrative Contact :
Team, Web
miguel@invent-tech.com
2655 Lejeune Road
STE 550
Coral Gables, FL 33134
US
Phone: (800) 940-9020
Fax: (800) 810-9040
Technical Contact :
Network Solutions, LLC.
customerservice@networksolutions.com
13861 Sunrise Valley Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
US
Phone: 1-888-642-9675
Fax: 571-434-4620
Record expires on 15-Jun-2011
Record created on 15-Jun-2004
Database last updated on 23-Jun-2009
USPTO complaints

Google search results

Last edited by Whip : 08-18-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Newbie Member

Please, everyone do not under any circumstances give a penny to Davison. I was one of the idiots taken in by their fancy website and sales pitch. Paid them $12,000. Now a year later I have nothing. I demanded the prototype and it's so poor quality I could never use it. When it came to marketing my invention they demanded $335 per submission and when I looked at who they were contacting I saw that it was companies completely unsuitable for my product. Guess the longer they stretch it out the more money the parasites make. Run, Run, Run. Please don't follow in my footsteps. I have filed with the FTC. Looks like there will be another huge lawsuit against these parasites.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Newbie Member

Chief Consumer Advocate here for you!

On November 1, 2009, the executive management staff at Davison created a new position titled Chief Consumer Advocate. The core responsibilities of this position are to ensure that we are truly listening to you, hearing what you are saying, and taking our customer concerns directly to the office of the President. The mission of this position is “100% customer service based on Open, Honest and Accessible Communication.” We want you to know that we are on your side. We also understand that the consumer has a larger voice than ever before and they are not afraid to speak up. Several years ago, we began investigating the negativity about us on the Web and even joined a corporate advocacy program through a website that posts negative blogs. That investigation opened our eyes to the serious issues we face and how we are perceived in the online consumer world. What we uncovered was that only 30% of the nearly 100 complaints were from actual consumers. The majority of the blog postings came from competitors and people who have never submitted an idea to us. Finally, the vast majority of complaints were from inventors who did not want to do anything to help develop their inventions, but expected us to do this work for free. We honored our pledge on that site and worked hard to satisfy all clients who filed a complaint.

This new independent department called “Consumer Advocacy” is set up within the company to address every concern that a client may have with our company. This department, headed by the Chief Consumer Advocate, also includes vice presidents and our in-house attorney. Every issue is investigated, a fair and reasonable solution is determined, and then we respond back to the client in the form of a letter, email, or phone call. The department’s email address is CCA@davisoninvents.com

This year’s new initiative is a challenging one as there are many new complaint websites and fewer requirements from complainers to provide accurate contact information that would help us to remedy situations. For this reason we are providing a reward for anyone who can help us separate the factual complaints from the bogus ones. To begin, if you need to communicate a concern to us, please email us at CCA@davisoninvents.com; this will ensure that your voice is heard. Next, we are offering a $300 reward for evidence that proves that a bogus complaint was submitted by a competitor or person not affiliated with us. All current and former employees are bound by an ethics and confidentiality agreement so we will pay $200 for evidence that exposes a former employee for slanderous and false statements intended to mislead and misinform customers. Finally, a payment of $100 will be given for contact information that leads us to a false statement(s) made by a former client. We have been in business for 20 years and we have more products on the shelf than any of our competitors. We appreciate everyone who encouraged us to take this stand to protect our name. Lastly, we strongly encourage all former, current and future clients to view our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website so you can get the answers directly from us. Thank you.
Davison Chief Consumer Advocate

Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Invention Scam

Here is my reply I emailed to their phoney Chief Consumer Advocate whom I've already complained to weeks ago without any reply. Oh what a surprise. I will post a reply if I get one. I won't hold my breath.....

Paid Davison $11,000
Never once in a year was I told that when it came to actually marketing my invention I would be charged $335 per submission.
You made sure to specifically put in the contract the amount of commission you would expect. You put in the contract the exact amount to pay for a patent search but no where in any contract does it specifically state that when a client reaches the promotion stage you will charge them $335 per submission.

This is called DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES/EXTORTION because as it was clearly pointed out to me if I don't pay there will be no promotion.
I am filing with the FDA/Attorney General/Postmaster for mail fraud. Also, going online to warn as many people as possible.
I WANT A FULL REFUND OR I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION. My company is a nationally known company and I will give this as much publicity as possible.
Candice Kimmel
p.s. This email will also be posted all over the web. I will add to it later if I get a reply or not.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Newbie Member

Please, everyone do not under any circumstances give a penny to Davison. I was one of the idiots taken in by their fancy website and sales pitch. Paid them $12,000. Now a year later I have nothing. I demanded the prototype and it's so poor quality I could never use it. When it came to marketing my invention they demanded $335 per submission and when I looked at who they were contacting I saw that it was companies completely unsuitable for my product. Guess the longer they stretch it out the more money the parasites make. Run, Run, Run. Please don't follow in my footsteps. I have filed with the FTC. Looks like there will be another huge lawsuit against these parasites.
Oh and by the way following this thread and see my reply. Guess what, I'm still waiting for their foney/don't exist Chief Consumer Advocate to reply.......yeh right!.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Newbie Member

Everyone who has been scammed by Davsion go here. Scroll to bottom of page and fill out the forms for the Attorney General, PA and the Patent Office.
http://www.inventorfraud.com/suggested.htm

Please post this info on every board you can as I am doing so we can stop these parasites once and for all.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Newbie Member

Please note to everyone. These parasites go by many different names:
www.davisoninnovations.com
www.davisoninternational.com
www.inventioncity.com
By any name, Davison will rape you, they will drain you of any and every dollar and then when they can't get any more money out of you, you won't hear from them again.
Rumor has it that they are going under due to the incredible amount of negative feed back all over the web. Keep up the good work. Let's put these parasites out of business once and for all.