report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Gold Member

Re: Amway Revenue for 2011. 10.8 Billion !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
Do you read? The list includes people who had to go back and work jobs because their diamondship fell apart.

Here's one more for ya:

http://www.webraw.com/quixtar/archiv..._the_money.php

More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hogR9V5G8

Even if people left or quit Amway for other businesses, why would they do that? You're singing Amway's praises. Why would anyone leave such a business?
Yawn...is that really the best you have left?

Nowehere on that page did it say they left their business to go back to work, just that they were working.

Again...assuming the totally unverifiable page to be all true, once again my rebuttal

WHO CARES if they went back to the work force. Many Many Many people find it richly rewarding to work in a field of their choosing NOT one they HAVE to do just to pay the rent.

Article gives no background on reasoning.

YOU however like to jump to unfounded conclusions.

BOOM Lawyered!!

And I can sing Amway's praises all I want, what in the sam hill does that have to do with whether others will be equally fullfilled by it as I might be..

Or do you typically like to think and react like a communist would... "I like it so YOU must!!"

Really?

and you other link...really...that tired old play.... "Show me your income statement"..

Here's one for you to gnaw on.

You give me just 1 (ONE) (Singular) (mono) ity bity iota of how MY earnings in any way shape or form has any correlation as to what YOU will make in an MLM?

Remember... a gazillion variables for billions of different people/personalities on the planet that could and would treat their IBO'ness an infinite number of ways...

Go ahead... Just one take away from a check or tax return that would 100% be applicable to anytone else?

Do you have an original thought or point that YOU would like to make without plagerizing others who have pretty much made ZERO points that any one with over a single digit IQ would even give creedence to?

Any...?

One?

....anything else...?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
WHO CARES if they went back to the work force. Many Many Many people find it richly rewarding to work in a field of their choosing NOT one they HAVE to do just to pay the rent.
So much for walking the beaches of the world while the Amway money rolls in forever.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
So much for walking the beaches of the world while the Amway money rolls in forever.
More diamonds disappearing?

http://amquix.info/quixtar_wwdb_diamonds_2007.html

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
A five year old website?

anything even remotely current or verifiable

Admit it.... you arent even trying anymore

...anything of substance...?

...anything...?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
right.... so everyone has to take their money and walk the beaches...

Glad you are not in charge of my retirement itinerary

...any serious points you'd like to make.....any?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

Skeptical MLMer,

Does Amway still require you to enter a certain amount dollars/points per month claiming non ibo sales before they will issue you a bonus check? Forget what that was called? It had a name.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
Skeptical MLMer,

Does Amway still require you to enter a certain amount dollars/points per month claiming non ibo sales before they will issue you a bonus check? Forget what that was called? It had a name.
Amway does require that at least 50 pv per month is to sales to a customer. Now that every IBO has their own free website, customers can go on and order right from there which satisfies this simple requirement.. No more having to pick up products from upline. Everyone orders direct..

great question....

Hope this answered sufficiently

Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Amway does require that at least 50 pv per month is to sales to a customer (Themselves...nothing has changed). Now that every IBO has their own free website, customers can go on and order right from there which satisfies this simple requirement.. No more having to pick up products from upline. Everyone orders direct..
You act like picking up products from your upline's garage is a new change. I think that drill ended sometime in the 90s with Amway.

What a psycholgical mind trick that would have been.

Can you imagine going to your upline's house and only picking up 5 boxes of soap instead of the expected 10?

You would have to explain yourself face to face. Now you can just ignore emails and phone calls.

Talk about pressure....a huge potential letdown for the edified, glorified upline. You didn't want to be that guy!

Now the soap only winds up in one garage...your own.

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Last edited by James R : 02-24-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
You act like picking up products from your upline's garage is a new change. I think that drill ended sometime in the 90s with Amway.

Now the soap only winds up in one garage...your own.
Yeah, weird how it ended with the emergence of the internet..?

So not sure why the huge leap to soap in my garage..?

No PV in soap

no real benefit to inventory load.

No appearances to keep up with internet..?

But hey... you keep gnawing on that nugget... maybe some year it will gain some traction..

Doubt it... but good luck..

Maybe you can try resurrecting other issues from the past that are also no longer currently relavent..?

Dateline Video on you tube...

Beta tapes?

War bonds?

....anything else...?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
And fyi, you quality for all bonuses by having 50 pv in customer sales...nothing for personal consumption...so auto ship would have zero effect....just saying..
I was reading about PV on this site:

http://www.cocs.com/jhoagland/terms.html

PV: (noun)
Abbreviation for "Point Value," also referred to as "points." Amway assigns a point scale to all their products to "even-out the differences in the world's currencies" (Amway's definition). The formula is roughly (but NOT always): 1 PV = $2 BV (which may or may not have a relation to actual distributor pricing). The average distributor is expected to personally self-consume 100 PV worth of products each month, which would cost between $175-$450 (distributor price).
Compare with BV.

According to the definition, you're expected to personally self consume 100PV/month, which can range from $175-$450/month. Is this true? If so, how many months of eating $175-$450 do you have to do before you earn enough from the network to break even? How many more months have to pass before you recoup the expenses from all the months prioe to being cah flow positive? I suspect this is why the 99.7% loss rate is accurate.

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Dude, I have not accused you of stating anything inaccurate... You have your own opinions I have mine.

So you think doing nothing should still result in a bonus check?

Sounds like big government to me?

I disagree, but I believe in not getting something for nothing.

Again, you don't like the plan, don't join....what else do you want to hear?
I'm only quoting stats and definitions I've read on the web and this forum. These are numbers and explanations, not opinions.

Amway sells the goal of financial freedom, and retiring young. How are you supposed to retire if you're required to actively run the business in order to qualify for commissions? Also, what guaratee is there that your network will remain stable while you're actively in business, let alone retired and letting it run on autopilot?

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

SketpicalMLM must be relatively new in Amway. All the thing's Skeptical is saying I've heard before from my former upline and at the meetings.

We'll see how things are in a couple of years when you're 10-20k in the hole and making $200/month

Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
I was reading about PV on this site:

http://www.cocs.com/jhoagland/terms.html

PV: (noun)
Abbreviation for "Point Value," also referred to as "points." Amway assigns a point scale to all their products to "even-out the differences in the world's currencies" (Amway's definition). The formula is roughly (but NOT always): 1 PV = $2 BV (which may or may not have a relation to actual distributor pricing). The average distributor is expected to personally self-consume 100 PV worth of products each month, which would cost between $175-$450 (distributor price).
Compare with BV.

According to the definition, you're expected to personally self consume 100PV/month, which can range from $175-$450/month. Is this true? If so, how many months of eating $175-$450 do you have to do before you earn enough from the network to break even? How many more months have to pass before you recoup the expenses from all the months prioe to being cah flow positive? I suspect this is why the 99.7% loss rate is accurate.
None.

"Expected"?

Please show me the literature from Amway Corp that says this?

The "only" thing I would ever do or "expect" from my downline would be to switch the brand over to what they view is either competitvely priced (dozens and dozens and dozens of products when compared to Target or Walmart equivalents) or ones that they simply experience a higher quality vs cheaper alternatives..

I've got downline that do both, some or nothing..

Love them all!!

...any other questions...?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
SketpicalMLM must be relatively new in Amway. All the thing's Skeptical is saying I've heard before from my former upline and at the meetings.

We'll see how things are in a couple of years when you're 10-20k in the hole and making $200/month
Been in a couple years..

Not out any money

Nice size downline growing at a nice steady pace that I like spending less than 10 hours / month on my business.

Love it!!

...any other questions...?

Or wait... do I need to start providing tax returns and offering tours of my garage..?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Amway sells the goal of financial freedom, and retiring young. How are you supposed to retire if you're required to actively run the business in order to qualify for commissions? Also, what guaratee is there that your network will remain stable while you're actively in business, let alone retired and letting it run on autopilot?
Amway sells the goal of financial freedom.

Amway manufacturers and sells products

How are you supposed to retire if you're required to actively run the business in order to qualify for commissions

50 customer PV to qualify for commissions is "actively" running the business... Man you really dont want to do ANYTHING do you?

what guaratee is there that your network will remain stable while you're actively in business

Absolutely None..
Not sure what kind of guarntees in life you are used to. you just go and retire and count on that "guaranteed" social security..or your 401k...

what planet are you living on?

this is a $67 investment that offers income potential for achieving straight forward goals.

Is it a guarantee you will achieve them.... NOPE

Does it require zero work....NOPE

Is it easy.... NOPE

What else you want to hear?

sheesh?

...anything else.... that is a realistic expectation in life...?

Seriously....?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Band

Quote:
A link to a bunch of MLM's...

sorry can you save us all the time and simply answer the question?
You couldn't be bothered to actually click the links, could you?

they aren't links to the mlm's home pages, they are links to their income distributions (which should really be called revenue distribution since those are before expenses).

sheesh. if you can get to this forum, you can click a link.

MLMers have to be spoon fed everything. But if they can't effectively read, you can't expect much more.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Band

Quote:
Absolutely None..
Not sure what kind of guarntees in life you are used to. you just go and retire and count on that "guaranteed" social security..or your 401k...
Any non-government single source of retirement income is monumentally far more risky than a diversified investment portfolio.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
You couldn't be bothered to actually click the links, could you?

they aren't links to the mlm's home pages, they are links to their income distributions (which should really be called revenue distribution since those are before expenses).

sheesh. if you can get to this forum, you can click a link.

MLMers have to be spoon fed everything. But if they can't effectively read, you can't expect much more.
You should read entire threads before posting rebuttals...makes you look lazy

I went on to post my thoughts on the links he provided...

But thanks for alsob ringing up the irrelavent..

You guys are good at that....are you in a club together?