report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Silver Member

Seacret Direct

Tim Herr, ACN, 5 Linx, Vizion One, Mona Vie, NTC, etc. reject, is now with Seacret Direct.

Any insider info on the products, comp plan, positives, negatives, etc. welcomed.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:51 AM

Re: Seacret Direct

Perfectly legitimate company, I've been in it since December and have made significant returns on my original investment and have helped several people do the same. I work personally with Tim in the OC market, many of the allegations levied against him were definitely stacked against him. I wouldn't take them seriously.

Also, the CEO of the company, Isaac Ben Shabat, is one of the most genuinely compassionate people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Something to be wary of with all MLM is when recruitment is favored over retail sales. Seacret is set up in such a way that emphasizes retail sales as the primary goal of the company while still holding true to the concept integral to making Network Marketing work, lots and lots of distributors doing minimal work (as opposed to few doing lots of work).

Another thing to be wary of with Network Marketing is the appeal to emotion, this is not a manipulation technique. A distributor who is extremely emotionally charged is more enthusiastic and therefore more likely to be successful. The same holds true in traditional business, enthusiastic employees produce more than apathetic ones. The difference is that MLM is a thrive or die business, it cannot afford a work force of apathetic workers. It requires an army of psyched sales people who love the product they represent. Being emotional isn't the problem, but many people when they get emotional like that get tunnel vision and fall off their commitment fairly quickly.

Make a reasoned decision, understanding that it can earn you a few hundred bucks a week or a few thousand a week. Your work, dedication, and in part luck, determine your success in MLM. Once you've made a reasoned decision, get psyched because we're in at the start of a company that is going to revolutionize the market with a product and pay plan that destroy all competitors.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

What product/service do you guys offer?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

They have products that come from the dead sea. They include facial care, skin care, men, age-defying as well as a "recover" line that instantly and dramatically reduce the size of wrinkles.

Ive also been with Seacret for about 6 months now and have achieved tremendous results. One thing that is unique about their products is that most of them are wow-factor products that work and give results instantly.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Silver Member

So I guess Tim isn't up to any dishonest shenanigans like in his past MLM companies.

How do you sell a luxury item in a so-so economy? How do these products differ from other products that you could probably get at a fraction of the price?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 AM

It's a common misconception that the seacret line is a luxury line. We have luxury products that are primarily tasked at reducing fine lines and wrinkles and other things, but we also carry products that deal with health as well. My dad gets pretty bad exsema breakouts on his hands, but since I gave him a bar of the mud and minerl soap for Christmas... He's had no issues and no major breakouts. Each of those retail at $18/bar or $11.95/bar for preferred customers AND he's had the same bars since Christmas and he uses them twice daily.

When I first moved out after high school I made the switch to bar soap because it was cheaper. I went through a $3 bar of soap in a month easily, and if it did anything it harmed my skin. Using the mineral soap negates the need to moisturize after showering. Which saves money as well.

Most of seacrets products cost more per container, but less is also required. What's the point in paying half the price if you use twice as much and STILL can't replicate the results?

And when you're talking about the masks, $119 for a preferred customer gets you a months worth of mud masks. At a salon that's ONE visit for a product that doesn't do the same job.

And recover? Comparable results to Botox, which costs over a grand PER TREATMENT and is a controlled POISON. Our product is a third the price at retail, and a tenth for preferred customers... For 8 applications and it's healthy for you.

Another huge difference is seacret products don't complement your skin like most heavy chemical products do, our products strengthen your skin and help the processes your skin already innately has to stimulate health on its own. Meaning when/if you stop using the products, you'll stop seeing a progression but your skin won't go into shock and withdrawal.

I hope that answers your questions, if you need a tl;dr it's basically, seacrets products actually do save money of you buy properly and based on your personal needs.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 AM

Btw, I'm an English major but typing on an iPhone renders my grammar horrendous. Hopefully you can read through my typos. Sorry!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
Tim Herr, ACN, 5 Linx, Vizion One, Mona Vie, NTC, etc. reject, is now with Seacret Direct.

Any insider info on the products, comp plan, positives, negatives, etc. welcomed.
I have a negative for you. From what you've just said, Tim Herr is now in his sixth MLM. You have to ask yourself why he is a serial MLM jumper. Was he a failure in the others? Was he removed from the other MLM's? Or does he build a downline, then take that downline with him from company to company to score quick bonuses and such?

If you're jumping from MLM to MLM, it's obvious that the individual is looking for the profit first and foremost, that the products and services are arbitrary, and the individual doesn't care about abandoning their downline. Unless the distributor takes their downline with them, which harms their upline.

Basically, I would expect a career MLM jumper to continue this practice again and again.

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member

PaulReardon and others, how do you justify serial MLM jumping? Isn't MLM supposed to be about getting paid for using products that you believe in? Jumping from MLM to MLM clearly shows that profit is your sole motivation, and that you have no regard for those you harm by abandoning each MLM, and that you're using your downline to earn the easy recruitment (tied in with products to make it legal) bonuses with each jump?

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
PaulReardon and others, how do you justify serial MLM jumping? Isn't MLM supposed to be about getting paid for using products that you believe in? Jumping from MLM to MLM clearly shows that profit is your sole motivation, and that you have no regard for those you harm by abandoning each MLM, and that you're using your downline to earn the easy recruitment (tied in with products to make it legal) bonuses with each jump?
See new thread RE MLM Jumping

Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have a negative for you. From what you've just said, Tim Herr is now in his sixth MLM. You have to ask yourself why he is a serial MLM jumper. Was he a failure in the others? Was he removed from the other MLM's? Or does he build a downline, then take that downline with him from company to company to score quick bonuses and such?

If you're jumping from MLM to MLM, it's obvious that the individual is looking for the profit first and foremost, that the products and services are arbitrary, and the individual doesn't care about abandoning their downline. Unless the distributor takes their downline with them, which harms their upline.

Basically, I would expect a career MLM jumper to continue this practice again and again.
Good point. And that means their sole motive is the money, and not the product, which makes it a pyramid scheme behavior. All they care about is selling "something" in the hopes of buidling a pyramid-based network of distributors around it. It's more profitable to hop to a new MLM, especially if the comp plan is more desireable and if you are offered a "sweetheart deal" to bring your downline over.

I don't use Botox, nor do I know anyone who does. So products of this sort wouldn't have much value to me or my people. Nor can I verify that these products do what they say and are competitively priced. Based on the career MLM jumper in your upline, and the gimicky nature of a "miracle product" line, I'd be very skeptical about this company unless I truly believed in the product and saw others succeeding as distributors of it.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
Good point. And that means their sole motive is the money, and not the product, which makes it a pyramid scheme behavior. All they care about is selling "something" in the hopes of buidling a pyramid-based network of distributors around it. It's more profitable to hop to a new MLM, especially if the comp plan is more desireable and if you are offered a "sweetheart deal" to bring your downline over.

I don't use Botox, nor do I know anyone who does. So products of this sort wouldn't have much value to me or my people. Nor can I verify that these products do what they say and are competitively priced. Based on the career MLM jumper in your upline, and the gimicky nature of a "miracle product" line, I'd be very skeptical about this company unless I truly believed in the product and saw others succeeding as distributors of it.
See new MLM jumping thread..

Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
See new MLM jumping thread..
Checked it out. I'll post my link here as well:

http://jeffsokolmlmtraining.com/tag/mlm-jumping/

Old 03-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

Age Defying REVIVE Eye Serum from Seacret
$279.95
On Sale Now!
$249.95
More Info Weight: 1 FL.OZ / 30ML

Age Defying REFRESH Vitamin-Rich Moisturizer
Weight: 1.7 FL.OZ / 50ML
Original Price:
$279.95
Reduced Price:
$249.95

Just sayin.....

And couple that with a serial MLM jumper, ei yi yi

Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
$279.95
On Sale Now!
$249.95

Original Price:
$279.95
Reduced Price:
$249.95

Just sayin.....

Wow, that's just nuts!

For a goof, I looked up their men's products, and came across Men's Aftershave balm, 5.1 oz for $49.95.

Boss No. 6 By Hugo Boss, $12 for 2.5 oz, or $24 for 5 oz, half of Seacret's price for a designer brand.

Or how about Nivea for the price savvy consumer? I found Nivea's post shave balm online for $5 for 3.3 oz.

Looks like Seacret is carrying on the proud MLM tradition of overcharging it's distributors, then giving back a portion of that premium as "profit."

Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
$279.95
On Sale Now!
$249.95

Original Price:
$279.95
Reduced Price:
$249.95

Just sayin.....

Just saying... what? You're talking about Age-Defying products. "Age-Defying" products are expensive because they are a luxury, that would be similar to me pulling up Toyota's website and saying something along the lines of...

"Land cruiser for $68,990... on sale for $65,000? Just sayin..."

Every single successful product based business has a this in common. They have something that people want, something people can afford and something people need. If they can't afford it, don't want it or don't need it they won't buy it.

We have products geared to replace basic needs (soaps, toners, and cleansers, etc.) that run for basic prices.

We have products geared toward luxury wants that reduce fine lines and wrinkles and fix skin tone issues (Recover, Age-Defying, etc.)

And... we have have products that people want (exfoliators, moisturizers, etc.) at prices they can afford.

Simple, and I know you're more intelligent than focusing on that product. Which, btw goes for $119.99 for preferred customers and agents; so while your prices are accurate, even that does get cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post

First of all, of course money is his primary interest. It's business. That seems like a pretty obvious statement, money is ultimately the only reason /anyone/ goes into any kind of business. Traditional business, big business, small business, direct sales (distributors and leaders)... so I'm not quite sure where you were trying to go with that. He is profit driven as is every other CEO or other wise, that is actually the definition of a business according to the United States IRS.

None of that has any correlation to the Pyramiding behavior. The only thing that correlates to that is focusing on recruitment of distributors and not on the sale of products; which we emphasize the latter over the former. I can't speak to any of his past MLM's because I've never been involved in any of his other MLM's. I actually knew him before I became a Seacret Distributor in a very indirect manner. I coached his son's football team. The only thing I can speak to is my own personal experience with the man, and that experience has only been positive thus far.

However, none of that is ultimately relevant because the company is responsible for whether or not its a Pyramid Scheme or a legitimate direct sales business. It has nothing to do with the people they bring in; you can see the initial leaders of MLM's as consultants. Some stay until the MLM closes up entirely, some leave before it does; the motivation for leaving isn't universally a better deal somewhere else either.

Consider this: Tim Herr's down-line with ACN consisted of about 18,000 people (give or take). After about a year of our company being started, we count at 6,800 distributors and we have 9 other leaders on par with Tim.

Clearly they didn't bring over their down-lines from their previous companies.

What is your opinion of business consulting? A profession in traditional business that involves people who jump from company to company to reorganize or establish them. These people don't take the position as the face of a business like MLM'ers, but their function are analogues. Their job is to bolster the company, not to ride it out.

On that note, I don't blame Tim for joining ACN when he did. The technology at the time of release was the only product similar on the market. Unfortunately for the CEOs of ACN, Cisco systems came out with a rival system that dominated it within a year. About a year after that Skype was released. Between the two of those major releases the business and domestic markets were effectively taken care of. The business started with a product that was great for its time, unfortunately as Moore's law applies to their product it was quickly outstripped and replaced. At which point anyone who decided to stay with the company for much longer was waiting for business failure. I can't speak to his time within the company but I also can't hold it against him for leaving a company whose technology floundered. That's just good business sense.

As to your last statement about Botox... I have a very simple and concise answer. If you don't currently use Botox or don't want to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles... don't buy the product? That isn't our only product and that isn't our products chief purpose.

I personally have no use for wrinkle removal, but I do suffer from psoriasis and with about $12.00 (agent price) worth of product I've been able to limit the effect of it. This cost wasn't an excess of what I normally spend. It effectively replaced my costs for soap. Buy what you need and want, don't complain about products you don't need or want being more expensive than you'd like to spend. It's silly.

I really don't see anything being "gimmicky" when you're talking about healing from a skin condition I've suffered from since I was a kid. We want things to work fast, when something works fast that doesn't make it a gimmick. It means it works. Gimmicks are things that have nothing to do with the purpose of the product. Golf clubs that comb your hair, cars that compliment you when you get in, etc. etc. etc.

Onward and forward.

Quote:
How do I justify Serial MLM jumping? I don't. What I can say is that MLM's require a well known and successful team builder at their inception. They have little to no use for them after the MLM has been established, and when they leave the MLM doesn't disintegrate or suffer really at all.

I must ask, though, how you define "Serial MLM" jumping. Tim Herr started the business at 17 in the mid 90's. That gives him upwards of 15 years experience, during which he's been with 5/6 MLM's (I can't recall exactly how many). Given that he stayed with some companies longer than others, that's about 2~3 years on average.

One company he was forcibly removed from for screwing the company to favor his down-line. I believe that was after 7 months with the company, and he was removed for helping his down-line to make money and maximize the companies compensation plan to the ill of the company. Hmmm... he really seems intent on scamming his down-line.

Also, Tim didn't bring his down-line over with him. If he had, I might be making a lot more money today hahaha

Quote:

I am going to make an assumption that you have never participated in an MLM. I don't say that condescendingly, but it seems evident from your conclusions. Logically it would seem that if the up-line leaves the business to pursue other business opportunities, the down-line would suffer.

Given that MLM's produce income in terms of exponential (not infinite) growth.

Let t = time
Let i = income
Let d = distributors

t, i and d are directly proportional. The only people that are directly affected by a given MLM leader are their immediate down-lines (5-6 active levels). If they leave while they only have 5-6 active levels it is definitely a detriment to their down-line... but when you're talking about an MLM veteran like Tim Herr that isn't really any kind of income. You're talking about at most 2k a week at that point.

However, if you consider a leader leaving after they have 40-50 active levels (or more) the people they directly contact have clearly become independent of their up-line. So when they leave it does exactly... nothing to their downline.

Either he hasn't been with the company long enough to turn it profitable (which likely means there's other motives apart from profit, to leave the company) or the down-line isn't effected negatively by their leaving.

So what if he jumps ship after he's established the company, it really doesn't negatively effect me or anyone else in the business. And if he leaves before he has established it, it saves me a lot of time and money if he saw that the company wasn't profitable.

Hopefully that aptly responded to your concerns.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's just nuts!

For a goof, I looked up their men's products, and came across Men's Aftershave balm, 5.1 oz for $49.95.

Boss No. 6 By Hugo Boss, $12 for 2.5 oz, or $24 for 5 oz, half of Seacret's price for a designer brand.

Or how about Nivea for the price savvy consumer? I found Nivea's post shave balm online for $5 for 3.3 oz.

Looks like Seacret is carrying on the proud MLM tradition of overcharging it's distributors, then giving back a portion of that premium as "profit."

Do you often use the piggy backing technique when trying to discount things? Shameless.

I'm glad you used Hugo Boss as your example, considering that was my after shave of choice before I tried Seacret's. Hugo Boss' after shave balm is heavy on the alcohol to prevent breakouts and provide a soothing aftershave experience... but mostly people just buy it for the name and the smell because it doesn't do either of the other two things very well and it dries your skin out.

Seacret's balm has no alcohol whatsoever, so it moisturizes your skin and also prevents breakouts. I've only had a couple breakouts since I started using it, and I'm extremely prone to breakouts.

So... $50 for a product that works well? or $25 for a product that kind of works. Another important thing you didn't really factor in is how much you actually use. With most Seacret products, less is more. As with the soaps, the toners, and the lotions I can use less and do the same job. I'm not sure its exactly half as much, but my $50 bottle will outlast your $25 bottle every time, while still doing a better job. Yet another thing... Preferred Customers get the product for 50% off. So guess what, it only costs $25 a bottle for distributors and preferred customers. I understand and appreciate your point of view, but please do your complete research before making a statement about product prices and values.

I've never used Nivea, but if I had to guess they're an alcohol heavy product that functions on par with Hugo Boss without the name and cologne.

Taking pot shots at the product value is a rather fruitless venture since Seacret functioned under the traditional business model for close to 6 years earning profits upward of $600 million... and our product prices are lower on the exact same products.

I would appreciate you not disrespect the company and the company's leadership (which came from a non-MLM background). Mr. Ben Shabat, the CEO, is an absolutely amazing man. You may dislike the MLM model and that is a personal preference that you're entirely welcome to, but libelous comments about the parent company is shallow at best.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Just looked up both products on MakeupAlley.com and Seacret's Aftershave Balm has a higher overall rating and Seacret's product has zero negative ratings.

If I may quoth, "Just sayin..."