report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Spector567's Avatar
Spector567 Spector567 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,232
Indiana Leading the charge for future unemployment

What you may or may not be is that Indiana recently voted to that they should be allowed to teach "creation science" in the class room to there students.


Awesome great. Lets teach our children in an increasingly technological society where there future employment depends understanding accuracy of information that the earth is 6000 years old contrary to all other evidence. (even the Vatican disagrees and they think condoms cause aids)

This educational philosophy is working so well in Iran, and Iraq and most other theocracies lets bring it to America.

Now I get it. If you want to teach your OWN kids this at home or in a private school OK. I will still disagree but at least you didn't take down other people with you.

There are thousands of arguments not to do this. Right down the the separation of church and state. However there is are a few more questions that I think will speak to more people.


Does Indiana have something against doctors? Do they hate tech jobs? Is research and development not important to them? Do they like sending work to china?

Because lets face it. 10 years from now when those students graduate do think teaching them to ignore 200 years of scientific knowledge is going to help there job prospects?




Last edited by Spector567 : 01-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
What you may or may not be is that Indiana recently voted to that they should be allowed to teach "creation science" in the class room to there students.

Awesome great. Lets teach our children in an increasingly technological society where there future employment depends understanding accuracy of information that the earth is 6000 years old contrary to all other evidence. (even the Vatican disagrees and they think condoms cause aids)

This educational philosophy is working so well in Iran, and Iraq and most other theocracies lets bring it to America.

Now I get it. If you want to teach your OWN kids this at home or in a private school OK. I will still disagree but at least you didn't take down other people with you.

There are thousands of arguments not to do this. Right down the the separation of church and state. However there is are a few more questions that I think will speak to more people.


Does Indiana have something against doctors? Do they hate tech jobs? Is research and development not important to them? Do they like sending work to china?

Because lets face it. 10 years from now when those students graduate do think teaching them to ignore 200 years of scientific knowledge is going to help there job prospects?

This is the reason I have a hard time with some religious people. They continue to believe that scientific knowledge is some sort of threat to their belief system and try to discredit it.

Science is NOT trying to 'get' your god, people. Science is just trying to explain the way the world around us works. It's not trying to take away WHO might have created it, if that's what you believe.

It's not even ASKING who created it. It's just trying to explain how it was done.

*sigh*

We're going to be living in caves in the future and speaking in grunts and gutteral sounds.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Spector567's Avatar
Spector567 Spector567 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,232
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post

We're going to be living in caves in the future and speaking in grunts and gutteral sounds.
Nah. Just unemployed, technologically inferior to America's enemies, and the laughing stock of the world.

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
Nah. Just unemployed, technologically inferior to America's enemies, and the laughing stock of the world.
The unemployment will lead to rampant homelessness, which will lead to the dilapidation of our cities, which will lead to the end of civilization.

Without proper education, we'll never pull out of the spiral.


Okay, it might be a slight exaggeration, but hell....
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers



Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:07 PM
mumbles's Avatar
mumbles mumbles is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,803
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

there isn't any such thing as creation science. they just point out there might be some flaws in evolution theory, such as, we are required to believe that chemicals just splashed around together for millions of years and accidentally became life.

nobody claims that chemicals splashed around for any number of years ever did or ever will, make anything organized like a Tv set or a corvette. not a tooth brush, not a toaster. nothing. didn't happen, won't happen.

complex devices are not accidents, they have a creator.

but feel free to dump any chemicals you like in your pool, and stir vigorously - let us know when it turns into a car.




i think schools should teach reading, and arithmetic. that's it. if people want to write they will. if they can read, they can find the info they need to form their own opinions about science, religion and corvettes.

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Spector567's Avatar
Spector567 Spector567 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,232
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

before someone shoots me about some missing information.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-a...Campaign=email
No this isn't law yet and it hasn't passed and I really hope it doesn't but why on earth even try.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
there isn't any such thing as creation science. they just point out there might be some flaws in evolution theory, such as, we are required to believe that chemicals just splashed around together for millions of years and accidentally became life.

nobody claims that chemicals splashed around for any number of years ever did or ever will, make anything organized like a Tv set or a corvette. not a tooth brush, not a toaster. nothing. didn't happen, won't happen.

complex devices are not accidents, they have a creator.

but feel free to dump any chemicals you like in your pool, and stir vigorously - let us know when it turns into a car.




i think schools should teach reading, and arithmetic. that's it. if people want to write they will. if they can read, they can find the info they need to form their own opinions about science, religion and corvettes.
I don't see any problems with teaching applied science and theory that has withstood all challenges up to this point. It's not as though they're going to head into abiogenesis or quantum theory in grade school.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Spector567's Avatar
Spector567 Spector567 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,232
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
there isn't any such thing as creation science. they just point out there might be some flaws in evolution theory, such as, we are required to believe that chemicals just splashed around together for millions of years and accidentally became life.

nobody claims that chemicals splashed around for any number of years ever did or ever will, make anything organized like a Tv set or a corvette. not a tooth brush, not a toaster. nothing. didn't happen, won't happen.

complex devices are not accidents, they have a creator.

but feel free to dump any chemicals you like in your pool, and stir vigorously - let us know when it turns into a car.
Interesting comment. However, that is not evolutionary theory you are talking about. That's an entirely different theory.

and FYI who said God didn't have a part in what chemicals splashed where, how and when?




Quote:
i think schools should teach reading, and arithmetic. that's it. if people want to write they will. if they can read, they can find the info they need to form their own opinions about science, religion and corvettes.
I think mumbles summed up some of the argument and problem without knowing it.

Since when do people think that science shouldn't be part of the choriculum.

and since when do people think it's all a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong there are sometimes differing theories. However, there is a difference between a GOOD theory and BAD theory. Why would you teach people bad theory.

You should be all over this mumbles.

If there is no-one around to research the next new drug, the next new technolical device in america.

Do you think you'll get a job to build it?

Do you think companies will build, or produce things when the work force doesn't have the education to do so?

Or do you think they will go elsewhere?

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
there isn't any such thing as creation science. they just point out there might be some flaws in evolution theory, such as, we are required to believe that chemicals just splashed around together for millions of years and accidentally became life.
Thats not evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
nobody claims that chemicals splashed around for any number of years ever did or ever will, make anything organized like a Tv set or a corvette. not a tooth brush, not a toaster. nothing. didn't happen, won't happen.

complex devices are not accidents, they have a creator.

but feel free to dump any chemicals you like in your pool, and stir vigorously - let us know when it turns into a car.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You're an idiot.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
i think schools should teach reading, and arithmetic. that's it. if people want to write they will. if they can read, they can find the info they need to form their own opinions about science, religion and corvettes.
Yeah. Lets take that to the logical conclusion ... those children who want an education can just fucking do it all for themselves! Wasters.

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post

and since when do people think it's all a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong there are sometimes differing theories. However, there is a difference between a GOOD theory and BAD theory. Why would you teach people bad theory.

You should be all over this mumbles.
Yup.

Scientific theories, such as evolution, must be taught as facts.

This was covered by PZ Myers this week:
Quote:
Scientific theories are explanatory frameworks for integrating a body of facts. Evolutionary theory, cell theory, germ theory, quantum theory, electromagnetic theory, transition state theory, the theory of relativity — these are all theories, and they also represent accurate and useful descriptions of how the universe works. They should be and are taught as facts, provisional explanations that have been tested and evaluated and found successful. “Theory” means something very specific and powerful to a scientist — there is no creation theory to be taught or used, and especially, no creation story that has survived any scientific test.

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM
mumbles's Avatar
mumbles mumbles is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,803
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

yes, children do get educated all by themselves. public school is socialization, learning to get along with that stupid kid that is always eating the paste and chalk.

home schooled child can pass the test, public school kids are still trying to get a high school diploma while serving ten years for robbing the 7-11.

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Yup.

Scientific theories, such as evolution, must be taught as facts.

This was covered by PZ Myers this week:
Not to mention the part that evolution itself isn't CREATION. It's just an observed process, observed meaning WE'VE SEEN IT IN ACTION and applied the theory to other instances where the theory still hasn't been disproven.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
yes, children do get educated all by themselves. public school is socialization, learning to get along with that stupid kid that is always eating the paste and chalk.

home schooled child can pass the test, public school kids are still trying to get a high school diploma while serving ten years for robbing the 7-11.
If its true that some public US education is rubbish, fix it. My education and most here in UK was entirely public, free, and high quality.

As I'm sure most US education is. Your point is purely political rhetoric, not practical or even factual.

Like every single thing you spam onto this board.

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
naturefreak2101 naturefreak2101 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 1,795
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
yes, children do get educated all by themselves. public school is socialization, learning to get along with that stupid kid that is always eating the paste and chalk.

home schooled child can pass the test, public school kids are still trying to get a high school diploma while serving ten years for robbing the 7-11.
I went to a public school all my life.

I suppose the concept that I'll have my Ph.D. in 4-5 years is just in my imagination.

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: Indiana Leading the charge for future unemploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
I went to a public school all my life.

I suppose the concept that I'll have my Ph.D. in 4-5 years is just in my imagination.
Obviously you were the exception and not the rule.

You get to feel superior based on his logic. Do you? ;)
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitt Romney Wins Indiana Administrator Political Chat 0 11-06-2012 07:26 PM
Demonrat Scum Now Running Away from Indiana, Too pwrone Political Chat 11 02-24-2011 07:38 AM
Scam from Craigs list -- Indiana coffee177 Internet Scams 5 02-09-2009 06:38 AM
Doctors are the Third leading Cause of Death sojustask Political Chat 11 07-27-2008 11:28 PM
Bush is at 37%. In Indiana. My State. ianmatthews Political Chat 1 03-06-2006 05:05 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.