report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Information Brokerage Services, Inc.

New to Scam.Com. I am trying to get information about Information Brokerage Services, Inc. I am interested---but cautious. Any help is appreciated!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:54 PM

Re: Information Brokerage Services, Inc.

There is a report on them with the Better Business Bureau. go to www.bbb.org

Old 10-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

www.bbb.org can't find anything on Information Brokerage Services, Inc.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Diamond Member

Their address
Quote:
Information Brokerage Services, Inc.
Corporate Office
Telephone
913-402-9412

Postal Address
P.O. Box 27347
Shawnee Mission, KS 66225-7347

Send An E-Mail
ibs@sbcglobal.net
Huh Actually they do not have phone number

Quote:
Ron Judy
Authorized Distributor
cutyearsoffyourmortgage.com
913-402-9412
I found their address which they registered with credit companies.
Quote:
5503 W 131st St
Shawnee Mission, KS

Last edited by borisf96 : 10-07-2006 at 11:25 PM.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This information might be helpful to you.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff116087.htm

Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

have you joined them yet! if so how's it going

Old 01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msoverlook
have you joined them yet! if so how's it going
This program costs around $40.00, it can be a Money Maker, If You Work the Program, The Cost is a one time fee, not much for the Upside.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

RE: Information Brokerage Systems.

I know I'm a day late in responding, as I'm new.

I, too, have received solicitations from Michael Forbes and IBS.

They have two programs: (1) one where you pass out free CDS to homeowners to show them how to save money. The PROBLEM I would see with this is that what may "fly" in Kansas, is probably not going to work, here in Chicago, or other major cities, for that matter. I don't know of ANYONE who has a mortgage who is NOT familiar with "mortgage acceleration". True, your mortgage company or bank isn't going to tell you about it, but anyone can apply extra money, bi-weekly or otherwise to their mortgage and direct the bank to apply it towards the PRINCIPAL only, thus shortening the life of the mortgage. THUS, I don't see what IBS is offering that isn't "old news".

(2) they have a program called "The Science of Debt Elimination" -- (you can borrow "x" amount of dollars at ZERO PERCENT interest, "just like the banks do"). Excuse me? Banks do NOT borrow money at zero percent interest. Unless Forbes and IBS have come up with a truly "magical" way to borrow money at 0% interest, I would have to be very uncertain about this offering.

Finally, I see 3 "red flags" in Forbes' IBS offerings: (1) NO listed phone number in his sales promo. That's a BIG no, no in direct mail. Yes they DO have a listed phone number, but I had to call 411 to get it --- then I got an auto-attendant which I had to play "round robin" with --- and never got to speak with anyone after 4 attempts. (2) NO web site. Excuse me? Any company on-line or off-line HAS to have a web site, for information and credibility. (3) the "support" e-mail is a "freebie" with AOL, or Yahoo ---whatever. Anyone can do that. NOT a company.

IF anyone has subscribed to either or both of IBS' offerings and made money, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I stand on what I say. Be wary of the "red flags" in any offering.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I bought their mortgage reduction package years ago, which entailed passing out floppy disks to prospects. I'm sure the software works, but the price of the floppys was way too high. I sent it back for the refund, which was promptly sent. Several years ago I also sent for their package on "free money" which was very confusing, but I kept it anyway. It was all about switching back & forth between credit cards and never paying interest. At that time I paid my credit cards fully every month, so I didn't use the idea until I started using my credit cards to buy materials for a small business I started. I wasn't paying fully every month because the business was not paying its way at first, so I took advantage of a free, no interest for a year card, and when that year ended I switched to another, and then after another year I switched again. The upshot of it all is that you really can use their money without interest.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
I took advantage of a free, no interest for a year card, and when that year ended I switched to another, and then after another year I switched again. The upshot of it all is that you really can use their money without interest.
You did not know that before? Its like the worst secret in credit industry.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

To whom this may concern,

I to am looking for further information on this company and/or weather anyone has made money? Does the comanpy pay what it says it will?

Please if you have ANY inf. on this please let me know and as I have read several of the reply's below I do agree that YES people can apply this concept on their own HOWEVER we all know that when it comes down to it do we ever really stick to it??? I believe that this IS a great product as people will sign up due to the fact that it is automatic and therefore they are not seeing the money as if they were to write out a check every month or two and decide to pay an extra $100 or so....

I would appreciate any help here. I mean $40 is no loss if it does not work out however, I do not want to make someone else rich on something that is not what it says it is....

Please let me know!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Check out the following link for a Cease and Desist order:

http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1479.pdf

Although this doesn't refer specifically to the Mortgage Manager program, it is about Michael Forbes and Information Brokerage Systems.

Michael Forbes is a real person - ask the government!

Now, ask yourself...Is this someone I really want to do business with??

Last edited by SickAndTiredOfScams : 07-08-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

By the way...it looks like in the Texas State Securities Board Cease and Desist Emergency Order that the "Resident Agent" is listed as Michael W. Edgecomb. According to the document, this person is linked to the same last known address as "Michael Forbes" and Information Brokerage Systems.

Hmmmm...very interesting. Could they be one in the same??

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I purchased the distributorship program in February of 2000. It cost me $40.00, and it came with about 25 disks, a disributor "manual", and a few promotional materials. Postcards, fliers and door hangers. It also came with suggested print ads to place in newspapers. I was sceptical, but I tried the system out anyway. I only gave out a couple disks, and only had one homeowner sign up for the program. But just as the program suggested, I received $2.00 per month for that homeowner. They had a $5.00 minimum to send a check to distributors at that time. So every 3 months I received a $6.00 check. A couple years ago, they added a $1.00 per month processing fee for ditributors, and an $8.00 minimum for checks. So now I receive a check for $8.00 every 8 months. Obviously I have made my $40.00 back that I have paid for the package, and will continue receiving checks as long as that homeowner keeps using the service. The only complaint I have about the program is that I lost the distributor "manual", which contained the contact information and ordering information for more disks and marketing matterials. I searched for a web site, and found none. I tried calling information, and received a number that sent me to an automated system with no option for contacting someone on this matter.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I purchased the distributorship program in February of 2000. It cost me $40.00, and it came with about 25 disks, a disributor "manual", and a few promotional materials. Postcards, fliers and door hangers. It also came with suggested print ads to place in newspapers. I was sceptical, but I tried the system out anyway. I only gave out a couple disks, and only had one homeowner sign up for the program. But just as the program suggested, I received $2.00 per month for that homeowner. They had a $5.00 minimum to send a check to distributors at that time. So every 3 months I received a $6.00 check. A couple years ago, they added a $1.00 per month processing fee for ditributors, and an $8.00 minimum for checks. So now I receive a check for $8.00 every 8 months. Obviously I have made my $40.00 back that I have paid for the package, and will continue receiving checks as long as that homeowner keeps using the service. The only complaint I have about the program is that I lost the distributor "manual", which contained the contact information and ordering information for more disks and marketing matterials. I searched for a web site, and found none. I tried calling information, and received a number that sent me to an automated system with no option for contacting someone on this matter.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I recently received the IBS starter kit. It's more involved than they state in the original literature. Get ready to spend on advertising. Not sure if I will put the money into it for the small return. They do have a phone number, 913-402-9416 for distributors, but it is all voice mail. The second number is for customers only and they will not talk with you 913-402-9414. ALL orders must be in writing and faxed ONLY to 913-402-9414. All correspondence must be in writing, as well, either faxed or mailed. If I have any more info, I will send it along.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I received their mail also regarding this Free Software to eliminate or save some homeowners with their mortgage. But I guess this is a scam so, thank you guys...

Thanks,
Julius

Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have purchased their package. I have sent out several hundred post cards directing people to my website.
So far nothing has come of my efforts.

I have found that Information Brokerage is extremely responsive to email questions. They will normally respond within 24 hours sometimes sooner.

My feeling is that they are legitimate but the business requires advertising.