report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2006, 03:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

National Grant Conferences

Does anyone know about National Grant Conferences? I saw an ad on TV and went to a "free" 2 hour conference in Illinois but the catch was a $999 fee. They would then tell you how to get free government money.

Miss49

Old 08-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Diamond Member

Re: National Grant Conferences

Obvious scam. Search for goverment programs online on goverment sites like www.grants.gov Do not give your money to scammers.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Silver Member

I went to the conference in my area and we bought the package. At the time, we didn't really have the money for the large investment. However, we knew that we would be owning our own office location & buying our own house soon. So, we decided to do it.

They actually have another seminar going much more in depth for those who choose to join within a few days of the first conference. I've actually contacted them about the first-time home buyers information and what I need to do. They were very kind and told me the information I'd need to have to find out about a grant or low-interest loan.

I also have a friend who went through the conference at the same time and has used them on several occasions because she is in real-estate and has gotten grants for that to buy, fix up, or re-vamp houses to either flip or use as rental properties.

So, yeah, they're legit. It's pricey, though. So, it depends on what you would want to do it for. If you are an entrapreneur & need money to open or fund businesses, own a home, real-estate - it's great. If you're looking for a one-time use out of it, it probably wouldn't be worth spending the money.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Heavensent--that helps. But have you actually received any money and do you have to hop through a bunch of hoops?

Old 08-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Silver Member

I haven't yet received the money because there is information that you need to be able to access grants & loans. What we're looking for personally is a way to purchase our first home and get out from under our mobile home that we currently live in, get some type of educational grant/loan and a small grant/loan for business purposes. I still need to get my husband's credit scores around. I will fill you in as I go along. You can PM me if you'd like. But they were very helpful!

As I said also, even though I've just begun my own persuit of this, I've known someone personally who has received money from these grants. It's not National Grants who gives the money they just show you the government avenues, whether it be local gov, state gov, or federal governments, that have the $$'s. If I knew more about it, I'd give you the info myself. But at this point, being that I'm still not sure how to read the thick manual of grants & loans they provide you with, I wouldn't be of much help.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i work for this company too, i am a customer service rep. I answer hundreds of calls every night for this company. they DO NOT give you the money they HELP you get it. Their help is pricey from what i have heard but as far as amounts go, I am not sure. this is one of the company that is legit. what we say is true but think outside of the box with some of the things we say! we say "this siminar is free" and that is what we mean, Later in the call we say "which introductory siminar date and time would you like to attend?" NGC is legit you just NEED to know that NGC usually just advertises late at night to those more prone to being jobless uneducated or just night owls. I work 3rd shift so please don't take offence to the words "jobless" or "uneducated"
hope this helps!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If someone know sooooo much about getting 'grants' , why dont they get some 'grant' for themselves and quit ' 3rd shift customer service' job

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I attended the seminar you are all speaking about on Tuesday of this week in Wilmington, Delaware. I was very impressed with the gentlemen who gave the presentation. He was a good salesmen: However before he even started the presentation, I reveiwed the information booklet and at the bottom of the page,in very small print it stated that NGC was not a non-porfit organaziation. I knew a price would be coming, I knew not to sign up until I went home and checked the company out. want to thank all of you for giving me the heads-up on the business scam. I don't have the money to waste on a no return program. I knew it was too good to be true. I will tell you that I work for a school district and grants are out there for the taking, but you have a mountain of paperwork to do. Researching the grants will become a job. I will spend several hours a week to find the right ones for me.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Newbie Member

Read about the scheme somewhere. It's complete scam.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

NGC = Wolf in sheeps clothing. We received free tickets for a seminar, went to the event with an open mind. The seminar host tells you right from the start
"YOU CANNOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU SIGN UP" That was a big RED flag and we should have run for the door, but we were stupid, fell for their well
done pitch, and even more stupidly signed up. They
were very happy to get their hands on our Credit Card and swipe it in their machine. Well, after
arriving back home with a small box of their books we did some investigation on line only to find out that this company falls short in more than one way. One of the biggest complaints we found is that they have a reputation for not issuing refunds of peoples hard earned money. So, we quickly called the number they gave so we could cancel and get back our $1002.80 We returned their materials (books) at our own cost and
made sure the cancellation was done within the 3 days allowed by the company.
We waited 15 days for the refund and it did not show up. So I filed complaints with Florida Attorney General,Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs,
VISA Bank Card Services,
Called KNBC Channel 4
and reported my problem to them. On the 20th day,
a miracle occured and my refund did get credited to my account, although I think the only reason it did is because I got
some powerful agencies involved, otherwise, I think I would still be out the money like so many other unfortunate people. Because of this, I have learned the following lessons. STOP USING YOUR CREDIT/DEBT CARD SO EASILY, be it in person, or even more so, on the Internet. STOP TRYING TO GET RICH BY FALLING FOR SCHEMES SUCH AS THIS ONE. Be happy to have your little job, your little house, YOUR HEALTH and your family. Live within your means, pay your bills on time and stop making material things important.
If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is not true.
So, GO BACK TO LIVING A SIMPLE LIFE and throw away
any free seminar tickets you receive in the mail.
If you want to know a good way to live your life, listen to Bill Fitzpatrick, he has a
very simple plan for life that will keep you out of trouble.
May you all be blessed by a simple humble life.
Sincerely,
fatalxsunrider !

Last edited by fatalxsunrider43 : 06-12-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

A friend of mine suggested I go with them; I had never heard of National Grants Conferences and didn’t have the slightest clue as to what this company was about. I wound up joining that night and began working with the grants team. They told me that since I am a corrections officer, I qualified for a HUG program called “Officer Next Door,” It helps out Law Enforcement Officers to find housing and gives that neighborhood a little stability. With National Grants staff’s direction, this program allowed me to choose a HUD owned home in my area for 50% off the asking price, which came out to $112,000, and only $100.00 down through an FHA loan. I also looked into going back to school and getting a degree in business management. I started this month and I’m using a differed government low-interest loan, and I also received a grant to pay for it. Our future is looking bright and at the very least, we are taking control over our family’s future. I am sure that most of this info is out there for free, but if you dont know where to look, someone has to show you. It was worth it.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I learned how to search and apply for rehab grants with National Grants Conferences. We were able to install a new furnace, air-conditioning coils, water heater, a brand new front entrance way door, new kitchen sink, and had all new insulation blown into the attic along with remodeling the roof and new shingles. The seminars were very informative and the staff was polite and supportive. They really care! I can't image why more people don't use this program.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I went to the conference with my mother and learned a lot. The workbooks and CD’s were powerful and opened my eyes to the possibilities of what a little determination and hard work coupled with the education and support of National Grants Conferences could do. I was able to receive a $25,000 first time home buyer loan. It’s only a 700 sq. ft. condo, but after 40 years of living in America, I can finally say that I finally have a place of my own. NGC may not be for everyone, but it was certainly for me!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

These people are a piece of shit. I won my monies back through my credit card company and the Attorney Generals office of Arizona. Oh yeah baby.

Complaint Classification:

Complaint Description - Posted 6/23/2009 8:01:46 AM

I attended a 1-day & a 3-day national grants conference in tucson Arizona. During both conferences i asked this question to their representatives, will your software work with a Macintosh operating system? I was always told yes, you just need to install a parallel program. I tried to do this but my Mac computer does not have a dual processor and it will not let me install this parallel program. After bringing my computer to the Mac store and speaking to their in-store tech department, i finally realized that i would have to buy a new computer in order to install their software. I cannot afford a new Mac so i called the national grants conference people, my personally assigned mentor and their coaches explaining my situation to them. I was told that i would not be eligible for a refund because the three-day term had expired. It took me two days to get my problem identified at the Mac store and during this time i called many times to national grants conference but never received any help or assistance. I have filed complaints with the bbb and consumer advocates at the attorney generals offices in phoenix, Arizona. I paid $1000.00 and $3001.00 dollars for this conference and software. This company is a rip off.
Complaint Summary

Resolution Sought

Get my monies back and i will return their software

Additional Information
Date Problem First Occurred:
6/1/2009
Product or Service:
Model Name or Number:
Date Purchased: 5/31/2009
Order Number:
Amount In Dispute: $0.00

Company's Response
Company's Initial Response - Posted 07/20/2009
Re: Complaint # 55093560 Denis Johnston To whom it may concern: This letter is being written in response to the above referenced complaint. National Grants Conferences apologizes for any inconvenience Mr. Johnston may have experienced. As our representatives have explained to Mr. Johnston, our company’s mission is to help people and we have been more than willing to work with him regarding his dissatisfaction with our program. We have granted his request for a full refund of his purchase. A credit was issued in the amount for $3068.20 on July 17th for a full refund of Mr. Johnston’s Power 2000 account and his refund for his membership in the amount of $1001.99 is currently processing. Our representative contacted Mr. Johnston in order to confirm that his refund had been approved and was treated with severe disrespect. He also informed our representative that he recorded our conference, which means he is in breach of our seminar rules by misappropriating our proprietary information. National Grants will issue Mr. Johnston a refund in full and wishes to have no further relationship with him. We will not do business with customers who berate our client support staff and have no respect for our policies. Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me. Respectfully submitted, Lauren Farina Director of Customer Service
Initial Response Summary
closed, documents sent

Consumer's Rebuttal
Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 07/21/2009
National Grants has done nothing but be disrespectful the entire two months I have been attempting to resolve their software issues. They did not respond to my numerous phone calls and on July 12th I was told by an outside billing company because National Grants at the 3-day conference did not record my credit card # for additional billings for the software fees that they were turning it off. This made any possibility of correcting a huge discrepancy with them impossible. They have lied, misrepresented the truth and quite frankly are a scam of a business. As far as a camera inside their snake oil show, yeah that is too bad, as now I have the ammunition that the Attorney General of Arizona needs to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Lastly, I do believe that they have turned this new leaf because my credit card company has already issued a full credit for the cost of the 1 day & 3 day shows.

Company's Final Response
Company's Final Response - Posted 07/27/2009
Re: Complaint # 55093560 Denis Johnston To whom it may concern: As previously stated Mr Johnston has been reimbursed for his purchases and therefore has no further business with National Grants. Respectfully submitted, Lauren Farina Director of Customer Service

Company's Response
Company's Initial Response - Posted 07/20/2009
Re: Complaint # 55093560 Denis Johnston To whom it may concern: This letter is being written in response to the above referenced complaint. National Grants Conferences apologizes for any inconvenience Mr. Johnston may have experienced. As our representatives have explained to Mr. Johnston, our company’s mission is to help people and we have been more than willing to work with him regarding his dissatisfaction with our program. We have granted his request for a full refund of his purchase. A credit was issued in the amount for $3068.20 on July 17th for a full refund of Mr. Johnston’s Power 2000 account and his refund for his membership in the amount of $1001.99 is currently processing. Our representative contacted Mr. Johnston in order to confirm that his refund had been approved and was treated with severe disrespect. He also informed our representative that he recorded our conference, which means he is in breach of our seminar rules by misappropriating our proprietary information. National Grants will issue Mr. Johnston a refund in full and wishes to have no further relationship with him. We will not do business with customers who berate our client support staff and have no respect for our policies. Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me. Respectfully submitted, Lauren Farina Director of Customer Service
Initial Response Summary
closed, documents sent

Consumer's Rebuttal
Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 07/21/2009
National Grants has done nothing but be disrespectful the entire two months I have been attempting to resolve their software issues. They did not respond to my numerous phone calls and on July 12th I was told by an outside billing company because National Grants at the 3-day conference did not record my credit card # for additional billings for the software fees that they were turning it off. This made any possibility of correcting a huge discrepancy with them impossible. They have lied, misrepresented the truth and quite frankly are a scam of a business. As far as a camera inside their snake oil show, yeah that is too bad, as now I have the ammunition that the Attorney General of Arizona needs to prosecute them to the fullest of the law. Lastly, I do believe that they have turned this new leaf because my credit card company has already issued a full credit for the cost of the 1 day & 3 day shows.

Company's Final Response
Company's Final Response - Posted 07/27/2009
Re: Complaint # 55093560 Denis Johnston To whom it may concern: As previously stated Mr Johnston has been reimbursed for his purchases and therefore has no further business with National Grants. Respectfully submitted, Lauren Farina Director of Customer Service

Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Newbie Member

Apparently - you did not bother to research anything on GRANT SCAMS

There are no legitimate grant websites and most of them were created in NOV 08, to scam people taking advantage of the Obama Election.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE HAS THIS INFO:

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt134.shtm

‘Free Government Grants’: Don’t Take Them For Grant-ed
“Because you pay your income taxes on time, you have been awarded a free $12,500 government grant! To get your grant, simply give us your checking account information, and we will direct-deposit the grant into your bank account!”
Sometimes, it’s an ad that claims you will qualify to receive a “free grant” to pay for education costs, home repairs, home business expenses, or unpaid bills. Other times, it’s a phone call supposedly from a “government” agency or some other organization with an official sounding name. In either case, the claim is the same: your application for a grant is guaranteed to be accepted, and you’ll never have to pay the money back.
But the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, says that “money for nothing” grant offers usually are scams, whether you see them in your local paper or a national magazine, or hear about them on the phone.
Some scam artists advertise “free grants” in the classifieds, inviting readers to call a toll-free number for more information. Others are more bold: they call you out of the blue. They lie about where they’re calling from, or they claim legitimacy using an official-sounding name like the “Federal Grants Administration.” They may ask you some basic questions to determine if you “qualify” to receive a grant. FTC attorneys say calls and come-ons for free money invariably are rip offs.
Grant scammers generally follow a script: they congratulate you on your eligibility, then ask for your checking account information so they can “deposit your grant directly into your account,” or cover a one-time “processing fee.” The caller may even reassure you that you can get a refund if you’re not satisfied. In fact, you’ll never see the grant they promise; they will disappear with your money.
The FTC says following a few basic rules can keep consumers from losing money to these “government grant” scams:
Don’t give out your bank account information to anyone you don’t know. Scammers pressure people to divulge their bank account information so that they can steal the money in the account. Always keep your bank account information confidential. Don’t share it unless you are familiar with the company and know why the information is necessary.
Don’t pay any money for a “free” government grant. If you have to pay money to claim a “free” government grant, it isn’t really free. A real government agency won’t ask you to pay a processing fee for a grant that you have already been awarded — or to pay for a list of grant-making institutions. The names of agencies and foundations that award grants are available for free at any public library or on the Internet. The only official access point for all federal grant-making agencies is www.grants.gov.
Look-alikes aren’t the real thing. Just because the caller says he’s from the “Federal Grants Administration” doesn’t mean that he is. There is no such government agency. Take a moment to check the blue pages in your telephone directory to bear out your hunch — or not.
Phone numbers can deceive. Some con artists use Internet technology to disguise their area code in caller ID systems. Although it may look like they’re calling from Washington, DC, they could be calling from anywhere in the world.
Take control of the calls you receive. If you want to reduce the number of telemarketing calls you receive, place your telephone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. To register online, visit www.donotcall.gov. To register by phone, call 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236) from the phone number you wish to register.
File a complaint with the FTC. If you think you may have been a victim of a government grant scam, file a complaint with the FTC online at www.ftc.gov, or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
September 2006

Feds: Scammers Falsely "Guaranteed" Government Grants

Court halts operators' deceptive pitches for grant writing book and services

By James Limbach
ConsumerAffairs.com

July 24, 2009

A federal judge has stopped an operation from falsely claiming that it could help consumers secure a "$25,000 Grant" -- guaranteed -- from the U.S. government.
The case is part of a Federal Trade Commission crackdown on scammers trying to capitalize on the economic downturn by targeting people facing financial hardship.
In the complaint the FTC, jointly with the attorneys general of Kansas, Minnesota, and North Carolina, charged that Grant Writers Institute, LLC and its related entities (together, GWI) falsely told consumers that they were eligible for grants as part of the recently announced economic stimulus package .
According to the complaint, the false and deceptive claims by GWI violate federal law, state consumer protection laws, and the FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rule. The complaint seeks a court order permanently stopping the defendants' illegal conduct and forcing them to return money to consumers injured by the scheme.
"Stamping out grant fraud and other types of schemes that take advantage of consumers in dire financial shape continues to be one of the Federal Trade Commission's highest priorities," said David Vladeck, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection. "There is no such thing as a guaranteed grant. But to consumers in financial trouble, the chance for extra income -- guaranteed or otherwise -- can unfortunately be a huge draw."
The FTC says since at least 2007, GWI has mass mailed postcards to consumers across the country falsely claiming that the consumers "are Guaranteed a $25,000 Grant from the U.S. Government." Consumers who call the number are pitched a $59 book titled "Professional Grant Writer 'The Definitive Guide to Grant Writing Success.'"
The company's telemarketers falsely claim that the book will explain how to get government grants -- including the "guaranteed" $25,000 grant. GWI and its North Carolina-based telemarketers, also named as defendants in the complaint, then call consumers who have bought the book, trying to get them to pay hundreds of dollars or more for grant research, writing, or coaching services, falsely claiming a 70 percent success rate in securing grant *******.
In reality, few, if any consumers ever receive any grant money.
The Commission contends that in addition to falsely claiming consumers were "guaranteed" to receive grants, GWI used the current government stimulus package to make its pitch. For example, when consumers called the number on the mass-mailed postcard, they heard a recording that said, "If you've been reading the papers you know that recently our government released $700 billion into the private sector. What you probably don't know is that there is another $300 billion that must be given away this year to people just like you."
The recording continues, "And if you're one of the lucky few who knows how to find and apply for these grants, you will receive a check for $25,000 or more, and we guarantee it . . . If you don't get a check for $25,000 or more, you pay nothing."
The following were named as defendants:
• Affiliate Strategies, Inc.;
• Landmark Publishing Group, LLC (d/b/a G.F. Institute and Grant ******* Institute);
• Grant Writers Institute, LLC;
• Answer Customers, LLC;
• Apex Holdings International, LLC;
• Brett Blackman, individually and as an officer, manager, and/or member of Affiliate Strategies, Inc., Landmark Publishing Group, LLC, Grant Writers Institute, LLC, Answer Customers, LLC, and Apex Holdings International, LLC;
• Jordan Sevy, individually and as a manager of Landmark Publishing Group, LLC;
• James Rulison, individually and as president of Answer Customers, LLC, all located in Kansas.
The complaint also names the following North Carolina entities as defendants:
• Real Estate Buyers Financial Network LLC (d/b/a Grant Writers Research Network);
• Martin Nossov, individually and as a manager and member of Real Estate Buyers Financial Network LLC; and
• Alicia Nossov, individually and as a manager and member of Real Estate Buyers Financial Network LLC.

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/07/stimulus_scam.html#ixzz0NENGCoRV

you can also find this by searching on Grant Scams on the internet

from consumeraffairs.com

Government Grant Scams

The "free money" scam has been around almost as long as the human species.
It has more variations than a bulldog has wrinkles but you can count on one thing: the government (any government) does not simply give money away to individuals. Anyone who tells you differently has larceny in his heart.
If you give him your bank account number, he will soon have your funds in his pocket.
It does no good to list all of the names used by these bunko artists because a.) they change all the time and b.) every single free-money government-grant offer is a scam. Period.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/03/grant_scam_ads.html
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_alerts/grant.html
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/03/ftc_stimulus_scam.html

Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Martin Nossov and his den of thieves have been preying on innocent people for years. In addition to his grant scams, he also runs real estate and mortgage brokering scams. Everything he SELLS is available for FREE. If you want a government grant, you have to apply through the government. Do a little research on the internet to find the appropriate sites. Martin Nossov is a millionaire from scamming and stealing from victims. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina and he and his wife are both being sued by the Feds, the States of NC, Missouri and Minnesota. Don't be a fool and pay anyone ANYTHING for crap like this. Once they have your money they will avoid you like the plague. And that Farina woman in some posts previous to this one have the nerve to say that she was treated with disrespect! YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE IN THIS WORLD, B****!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If you're looking for quick monies, this is not for you. National Grants Conferences is a long-term investment. If you are not ready to set short-term, long-term goals for yourself, this is not for you. If you are suspicious-minded about everything, this is not for you. They tell you straight-up what to expect, what you're responsible for, and how they will help you. If fear guides you, definitely not for you.

I've invested with NGC, and thanks to them, I've completed the First Time Home Buyer's training, next they are helping me to find money. In other words, I had no idea that such training existed prior to NGC.

Yes, sure, anyone can apply for a grant, but there are so many grants, which fall into so many categories, then how do you successfully write the grant, which will get you the money?
You can hire a grant writer, are you ready to invest in that?

FEAR = False Education Appearing Real

Growth & Achievement can only take place when I step outside of my comfort zone.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Buyer beware... NGC is a scam. Google them and you will see thousands of complaints filed with the BBB. I paid the $ and got nothing in return. I fought them with the aid of the Arizona attorney generals offices in Phoenix and finally was reimbursed in full. This took 3 months of harassing them & being on KVOA news television. http://www.scam.com/images/smilies/2gunsfiring_v1.gif