report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Why? If God is real for me, then God exists - in me.

You claim that he doesn't. So you are one stuck with proving a negative.
Well, actually, I'm not.

Since you go around here telling people they're serving the devil the ball is still in your court to prove there even IS a devil to serve, and the same goes for your claim that you serve a god.

At any rate, I have no doubt in my mind that you THINK there is a god, but that isn't what is in question. I mean, Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, believed the neighbor's dog demanded blood of young pretty girls. Do you think because he believed it that it was a fact?

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
Well, actually, I'm not.

Since you go around here telling people they're serving the devil the ball is still in your court to prove there even IS a devil to serve, and the same goes for your claim that you serve a god.

At any rate, I have no doubt in my mind that you THINK there is a god, but that isn't what is in question. I mean, Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, believed the neighbor's dog demanded blood of young pretty girls. Do you think because he believed it that it was a fact?
If you believe in the existence of serial killers, then you believe in the existence of evil, correct? Why does it matter so much if I call that evil the devil?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
If you believe in the existence of serial killers, then you believe in the existence of evil, correct? Why does it matter so much if I call that evil the devil?
I believe in serial killers because there have been individuals who have killed serially. Evil doesn't even enter into the equation.

Evil is just an adjective.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
They say that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people.”
Is your sig an example of your ability to reason by means of quoting other people?

If so, if you yell loudly enough and suddenly enough you might kill a few people by means of giving them a heart attack. Now, just a bunch of guns with proper safety mechanisms properly in place but without people using them won't kill at all.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Quite right. Imperfect humanity abhors murdering children for the perceived crimes of the parents. Finix does not, if it was his god who caused or ordered the mass murder.

Logically, as I explained in that discussion, we must therefore be better than your god.

I also added maybe you arent - maybe you think killing children because of the sins of the parents is perfectly fine.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Quite right. Imperfect humanity abhors murdering children for the perceived crimes of the parents. Finix does not, if it was his god who caused or ordered the mass murder.

Logically, as I explained in that discussion, we must therefore be better than your god.

I also added maybe you arent - maybe you think killing children because of the sins of the parents is perfectly fine.
Ah, trying to apply the same standard again. The thing is, when you have the power to reverse death, there is no such thing as murder.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Is your sig an example of your ability to reason by means of quoting other people?

If so, if you yell loudly enough and suddenly enough you might kill a few people by means of giving them a heart attack. Now, just a bunch of guns with proper safety mechanisms properly in place but without people using them won't kill at all.
My sig is an example of a comedian saying something funny because it is his job.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
Serious discussion of what? There is no serious discussion of sacred texts with people who deviate from them. Don't throw pearls to swine and all that.
mmmmmm....So, everything in the bible should be honored and acted upon as written?
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
mmmmmm....So, everything in the bible should be honored and acted upon as written?
I'm seeing rough waters ahead, Cap'n.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
Yes, but only if you want the results it promises. If you don't, you don't have to do a thing. Nothing will change.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 PM

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. -- Leviticus 26:29

Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.
Why doesn't it have to be literally? Why make exceptions now?

What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?
It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.

Interesting point of view.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
It says what it says, but as you know the original is not what is available to most of us of little education, so there is absolutely no point in taking someone else's interpretations of it literally.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:

Interesting point of view.
Lol.

Literal, allegory ... it means whichever suits to make it work. Apparently?

Hey, maybe finix's approval of the global flood killing men women and new born babies wasn't quite true? A heavy shower? Thats showed them sinners! LOL!