report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #37  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Why? If God is real for me, then God exists - in me.

You claim that he doesn't. So you are one stuck with proving a negative.
Well, actually, I'm not.

Since you go around here telling people they're serving the devil the ball is still in your court to prove there even IS a devil to serve, and the same goes for your claim that you serve a god.

At any rate, I have no doubt in my mind that you THINK there is a god, but that isn't what is in question. I mean, Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, believed the neighbor's dog demanded blood of young pretty girls. Do you think because he believed it that it was a fact?
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers


Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
Well, actually, I'm not.

Since you go around here telling people they're serving the devil the ball is still in your court to prove there even IS a devil to serve, and the same goes for your claim that you serve a god.

At any rate, I have no doubt in my mind that you THINK there is a god, but that isn't what is in question. I mean, Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, believed the neighbor's dog demanded blood of young pretty girls. Do you think because he believed it that it was a fact?
If you believe in the existence of serial killers, then you believe in the existence of evil, correct? Why does it matter so much if I call that evil the devil?

Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
If you believe in the existence of serial killers, then you believe in the existence of evil, correct? Why does it matter so much if I call that evil the devil?
I believe in serial killers because there have been individuals who have killed serially. Evil doesn't even enter into the equation.

Evil is just an adjective.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers



Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
They say that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people.”
Is your sig an example of your ability to reason by means of quoting other people?

If so, if you yell loudly enough and suddenly enough you might kill a few people by means of giving them a heart attack. Now, just a bunch of guns with proper safety mechanisms properly in place but without people using them won't kill at all.

Reply With Quote

  #41  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:41 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Quite right. Imperfect humanity abhors murdering children for the perceived crimes of the parents. Finix does not, if it was his god who caused or ordered the mass murder.

Logically, as I explained in that discussion, we must therefore be better than your god.

I also added maybe you arent - maybe you think killing children because of the sins of the parents is perfectly fine.

Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Quite right. Imperfect humanity abhors murdering children for the perceived crimes of the parents. Finix does not, if it was his god who caused or ordered the mass murder.

Logically, as I explained in that discussion, we must therefore be better than your god.

I also added maybe you arent - maybe you think killing children because of the sins of the parents is perfectly fine.
Ah, trying to apply the same standard again. The thing is, when you have the power to reverse death, there is no such thing as murder.

Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Is your sig an example of your ability to reason by means of quoting other people?

If so, if you yell loudly enough and suddenly enough you might kill a few people by means of giving them a heart attack. Now, just a bunch of guns with proper safety mechanisms properly in place but without people using them won't kill at all.
My sig is an example of a comedian saying something funny because it is his job.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 PM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Serious discussion of what? There is no serious discussion of sacred texts with people who deviate from them. Don't throw pearls to swine and all that.
mmmmmm....So, everything in the bible should be honored and acted upon as written?
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
mmmmmm....So, everything in the bible should be honored and acted upon as written?
I'm seeing rough waters ahead, Cap'n.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
mmmmmm....So, everything in the bible should be honored and acted upon as written?
Yes, but only if you want the results it promises. If you don't, you don't have to do a thing. Nothing will change.

Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21



They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers



Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. -- Leviticus 26:29
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.

Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.
Why doesn't it have to be literally? Why make exceptions now?


What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?
It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
EvilZoe's Avatar
EvilZoe EvilZoe is offline
Je suis un travesti executif
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,979
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finix View Post
It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.

Interesting point of view.
__________________



"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
finix finix is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,009
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.
It says what it says, but as you know the original is not what is available to most of us of little education, so there is absolutely no point in taking someone else's interpretations of it literally.

Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: What did Jesus save us from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.

Interesting point of view.
Lol.

Literal, allegory ... it means whichever suits to make it work. Apparently?

Hey, maybe finix's approval of the global flood killing men women and new born babies wasn't quite true? A heavy shower? Thats showed them sinners! LOL!


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will God Save Israel? Cnance Religious Scams 119 02-20-2011 07:46 PM
Republicans Save Big Oil...... UserName Political Chat 11 06-16-2008 06:31 PM
Save me, Al Gore! Save me!!! Ronald Political Chat 13 12-13-2007 10:18 AM
Save On Gas Now mpg Car Caps MLM Scams 3 11-20-2007 07:43 PM
Cheney says save more sojustask Political Chat 1 03-04-2006 07:28 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.