report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2011, 09:19 PM
just another girl... wishing i was a wallflower.

jerk.com - help me please... tired of crying

hi,

i am hoping someone can help me. i am tired of crying and feeling like there is a ticking time bomb on my head.

Recently, I googled myself and found a profile with my name and picture on Jerk.com. There aren't any comments, yet and I hope there never are. When I clicked on the remove me link, it stated that it would not. I did the best that I could by contacting the web admin and telling them that the picture on the site was mine and I didn't authorize them to use it, but no answer as of yet. I even paid the $30 to become a subscriber with the hopes that I could remove the profile, but it did absolutely nothing. I was angry and made a complaint with paypal as well as sent a complaint to ftc and ic3.com. Right now, I am heartbroken and have been since the moment I realized such terrible sites exist. I feel as if I have a ticking time bomb over my head and was wondering if you could advise me of any options or ideas that I could do to remove myself from this site or get rid of this site. I have called a reputation defender company and was told it would be $3000 for them to create microsites and push this site to the 3rd page. I would do it, but at this moment I do not have the money for that.

Any advice?

Wishing I was a fly on the wall...

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 PM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Re: jerk.com - help me please... tired of crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonwallgirl View Post
hi,

i am hoping someone can help me. i am tired of crying and feeling like there is a ticking time bomb on my head.

Recently, I googled myself and found a profile with my name and picture on Jerk.com. There aren't any comments, yet and I hope there never are. When I clicked on the remove me link, it stated that it would not. I did the best that I could by contacting the web admin and telling them that the picture on the site was mine and I didn't authorize them to use it, but no answer as of yet. I even paid the $30 to become a subscriber with the hopes that I could remove the profile, but it did absolutely nothing. I was angry and made a complaint with paypal as well as sent a complaint to ftc and ic3.com. Right now, I am heartbroken and have been since the moment I realized such terrible sites exist. I feel as if I have a ticking time bomb over my head and was wondering if you could advise me of any options or ideas that I could do to remove myself from this site or get rid of this site. I have called a reputation defender company and was told it would be $3000 for them to create microsites and push this site to the 3rd page. I would do it, but at this moment I do not have the money for that.

Any advice?

Wishing I was a fly on the wall...
OK, I am looking at the site right now.

Which profile do you need to have removed?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Honestly, I'd rather not say, I don't want it to come up even farther than it has on my SEO. I can give you an example though: http://www.jerk.com/profile.php?id=37365879

it is coming up at #7 on google search results.

thank you for your help. i appreciate it more than words could ever express.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 PM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:
Honestly, I'd rather not say, I don't want it to come up even farther than it has on my SEO. I can give you an example though: http://www.jerk.com/profile.php?id=37365879

it is coming up at #7 on google search results.

thank you for your help. i appreciate it more than words could ever express.
Listen, it is a joke. Ignore it. Anyone can post your picture anywhere. It does not matter.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 PM

I am trying, but I am just very hurt and I wish there was something I could do. I am afraid that someone may tarnish my reputation while I try to seek employment.

In their removal section, they say:
"Just because you have a profile on jerk.com does not mean you are a jerk. Less than 5% of the millions of people on jerk.com are jerks. Jerk.com is where you find out if someone is a jerk, is not a jerk, or is a saint in the eyes of others. No one`s profile is ever removed because jerk.com is based on searching free open internet searching databases and it`s not possible to remove things from the Internet. You can however use jerk.com to manage your reputation and resolve disputes with people who you are in conflict with. There are also additional paid premium features that are available"

If anyone out there can help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your kindness.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:48 PM
︿ Ꙭ ꙭ Ꙅ ㎡

Quote:
I am trying, but I am just very hurt and I wish there was something I could do. I am afraid that someone may tarnish my reputation while I try to seek employment.

In their removal section, they say:
"Just because you have a profile on jerk.com does not mean you are a jerk. Less than 5% of the millions of people on jerk.com are jerks. Jerk.com is where you find out if someone is a jerk, is not a jerk, or is a saint in the eyes of others. No one`s profile is ever removed because jerk.com is based on searching free open internet searching databases and it`s not possible to remove things from the Internet. You can however use jerk.com to manage your reputation and resolve disputes with people who you are in conflict with. There are also additional paid premium features that are available"

If anyone out there can help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your kindness.
Then turn the tables on the REAL JERK who posted you.

Create a new post about yourself.

Post something flattering about yourself, and get your friends to to vote you are not a jerk.

Problem solved.

No employer will consider Jerk.com a source for your future employment.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Just so you know, somehow facebook allowed this to happen. No one actually put my picture up or name. I tested it with a fake random name and when alterations or creations are manually done, the site says so. Also, the picture I had was from a private fb album that i never shared and was for my account only... (It had photos of my lost baby.) I kept them there so I would never lose the pictures. The picture chosen was when I was pregnant and I didn't have the heart to ever delete those pictures so I just made them private.

Please be careful on fb! do not trust them! i never added any aps!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi
This is how you get romoved from jerk.com.
(At least your picture will be deleted.)
You need to send a DMCA takedown notice to the hoster of jerk.com.
Who they are and how to write (copy/paste) a DMCA you can see at the following link:

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2012/03/09/using-copyright-law-to-get-removed-from-jerk-com

PLEASE SHARE THIS!!!

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2012/03/09/using-copyright-law-to-get-removed-from-jerk-com

Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Minnesota attorney Aaron Hall speaks with a victim of Jerk.com (who remains anonymous) in this video:

The video is helpful in understanding how Jerk.com makes its victims feel - the suffering that they go through and the potential for monetary loss due to online employment background checks. Mr. Hall outlines the first step he has taken for his client and outlines potential solutions anyone can use.

Hopefully justice is served for this jerk.com victim!

Last edited by Administrator : 08-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

The voice changing on that thing devalued the whole intention of the video

Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

My opinion is to not be a jerk to people.

Be nice and loving, so people don't post bad things about you. Common decency and courtesy is a lost attribute.

You wouldn't be on there unless you were a jerk.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am so sorry. Imagine my surprise when I googled myself and found that Betty Marie SUOJANEN Thompson, aka, Betty Thompson, aka Betty bright, aka Betty Blades, and my ex husband and convicted felon, Scott Marshall Thompson, aka Scott Thompson, whom she married after I divorced him, had posted on THIS site that I am involved in a scam which I know nothing about. This pair not only posted all of my identifying information, but also stole my identity and filed numerous false police reports against not only me, but my daughter as well. I've had to spend the past 3 months since I found this post, pursuing legal and criminal action. It may take years for them to be prosecuted. The user name she used was " mightymouse" as well as a few others. They currently reside on Swarthout Rd in Pinckney, MI. This was done in retalliation for a personal protection order filed against Betty for violating a judge's court order stating she was to stay away from my children 12 YEARS AGO!!! My family was stalked and harassed by this duo for 6 years until I went into hiding. Last year my now adult daughter saw them for the first time since Scott signed away paternal rights to save himself $140 a week for child support. Since they were taking my underage daughter to bars and committing welfare fraud, I made an ANNONYMOUS NOT PUBLIC request to have the state check the situation out. Apparently they found something, because the false accusation post on this site was done the same month. In the post, they even state that it's retalliation. No matter how much you dislike a person, people just don't understand that what they post follows this/these person(s) forever. Once on Google, it never goes away. I, as well as my family have suffered so much you can't imagine. I absolutely feel for you. If you find out who it is, I urge you to take criminal or civil action. Good luck
for

Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
The voice changing on that thing devalued the whole intention of the video
Could you elaborate on why you believe the vocal alteration devalued the video's intention? I believe she wanted to remain anonymous, and disguising her voice helped to do so. I believe the intention of the video is to humanize a Jerk.com victim and show that their are legal solutions that can be utilized. How does having her voice disguised take away from this?