report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Independence ****** Alliance

www.independencealliance.com

Somebody know something about it?

They claim can change your current ****** company provider for something greener and cheaper (Independence ****** Alliance).

Apparently this has not been possible since deregulation is a hard process in all states to do that; however, they are now in three states operating. They own their own electric towers.

The compensation plan looks good, 7 levels and they have residual income for new switchers to I.E.A plus bonuses ($100 and other ones).

They are now more focused in recruiting leaders more then selling the product since it is limited by the deregulation stuff.

It seemed attractive to me because they are going overboard offering up more than $10.000 just for recruiting 6 leaders or something...

The initiation fee is $369... ummmm not sure.. It could be a legitimate business. The website looks clean as well as the transparency owner (only based in how he looks like)

What do you think? (undecided)

Last edited by xanderusa : 11-08-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Independence ****** Alliance

looks like crap to me. it's a new website, BBB says it's too new to comment on or rate. nobody can say, oh yeah, i have been with them years and they are wonderful. they have no history. may have no future.

Quote:
Renewable ******

****** can be created through limited natural resources such as coal and oil, or through renewable sources such as wind and water. When Independence ****** sources ****** to supply you, we buy Renewable ****** Certificates (RECs) representing megawatt-hours (MWh) of renewable electricity produced. For our completely green product, we buy more RECs. Buying RECs increases the demand for, and therefore the market for, renewable ******.

This gives us all the power to choose to:

Do good for the environment
Pay less volatile ****** prices
Be less reliant on limited natural resource
Support the development of renewable ****** generation

your electric will still come from your regular utility, however they produce it, even if it's all coal. just the billing will be done by this "green" company.

oh, no. you got to pay to join? then you got to recruit other suckers to pay to join? forgetaboutit.

Last edited by mumbles : 11-09-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

thks for ur opinion..

Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Silver Member

I mean really, aren't these guys about 7 years and 20 or so MLM nergy companies behind this trend? There's ******, Ambit, Zurvita, AMA Nation, Viridian, Izagg, Texpo, Affordable, Ampegy, Momentis, Consumer Choice, North American, oh yeah and ACN twice.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

thanx for that list. i didn't realize there were so many.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
your electric will still come from your regular utility, however they produce it, even if it's all coal. just the billing will be done by this "green" company.
I would like to clarify your statement above because actually your electricity DOES NOT come from your regular utility when you switch. When you switch your new provider will have their own wholesale agreements to purchase power and feed the grid. In fact when you buy green your new provider will buy an equal amount of green power to feed the grid so it does make a difference if you care about that kind of stuff. What does stay the same is the delivery and maintenance.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

there is only one grid. taking over billing does not give a company control of production or delivery, which are now billed separately here and i assume in other places, too.

they say, on their website, they will use the money they get (if any) to buy some kind of paper to invest in and encourage the construction of green electrical power, but mine, here, right now, comes from nuclear, backed up by coal during peak usage hours.

EPA set some limits on coal, so, some of the coal burning will soon be replaced with natural gas.

http://dom.com/

Old 11-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
there is only one grid. taking over billing does not give a company control of production or delivery, which are now billed separately here and i assume in other places,
You are correct that the new provider does not have control over production or delivery. But what you are missing is that the new provider does have control over the purchase of power through their wholesale supplier and feeding to the grid. They are not simply a middle man doing billing (as a matter of fact in some areas the regular utility keeps that function). They actually take the place of the old provider and all that goes with it including the risk of managing their wholesale portfolio.

Let me give you an example- last winter in Texas there was an ice storm that put 5-6 providers out of business. That wouldn't of happened if they were simply billing companies. The reason that
happened was because they own the power which they buy on a wholesale basis from their supplier and for which they could not afford on that day when prices spiked due to demand and they were not hedged.

You said below the electricity still comes from your regular utility company however they produce it- that is not true as I have explained as your new provider is responsible for that including how much green nergy is fed into the grid.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

nope, sorry, you are confused. if i switch to a strange, new, electric company, you are saying, they can buy only windmill power, and if i am their only customer, i get the windmill power, and other power is magically blocked from my house.

it's nonsense. i will still be getting the mix of coal and nuclear, because that is what is available here. we don't buy any windmill power or other power right now. we sell power to other areas when they need it.

my electric bill has just gone up because EPA is forcing dominion to switch from coal to gas, cleaner but more expensive. if i have a strange, new, MLM electric company, i will still be getting this same mix, nuclear, coal, gas, and still be paying the same production rates and fuel charges. electric rates are set by my state - dominion cannot raise or lower rates without approval, because they have a monopoly.

a brave new MLM cannot raise or lower rates, either. one of the benefits of wind power, is supposed be, it's free. but it's not free here. it doesn't exist here, yet.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

They claim can change your current ****** company provider for something greener and cheaper (Independence ****** Alliance).

Apparently this has not been possible since deregulation is a hard process in all states to do that; however, they are now in three states operating. They own their own electric towers.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
nope, sorry, you are confused. if i switch to a strange, new, electric company, you are saying, they can buy only windmill power, and if i am their only customer, i get the windmill power, and other power is magically blocked from my house.
You don't seem to understand how deregulation works. If you switch to a new provider and buy a green product they will purchase an equivelant amount of green nergy to be fed into the grid. Of course, that green nergy doesn't come just to your house but it has an equal green impact on the market.

Quote:

it's nonsense. i will still be getting the mix of coal and nuclear,
because that is what is available here. we don't buy any windmill power or other power right now. we sell power to other areas when they need it.
That's because your area is not deregulated.

Quote:
my electric bill has just gone up because EPA is forcing dominion to switch from coal to gas, cleaner but more expensive. if i have a strange, new, MLM electric company, i will still be getting this same mix, nuclear, coal, gas, and still be paying the same production rates and fuel charges. electric rates are set by my
state - dominion cannot raise or lower rates without approval, because
they have a monopoly.
If your area was deregulated you would indeed be able to switch to a new provider and pay less than what you now pay dominion. And again, you would have the option to purchase many different variable and fixed term contracts and green options. With deregulation the state would no longer set the rates for the new providers.

Quote:
a brave new MLM cannot raise or lower rates, either. one of the benefits of wind power, is supposed be, it's free. but it's not free here. it doesn't exist here, yet.
Ahh, yes a new provider, MLM or not, can raise or lower rates. That's why it's called deregulation. And what in the world makes you think wind power is free? Do you think the land is free, or the construction, or the production or delivery? Are you kidding?

Old 11-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

there is no deregulation planned here. power from the electric grid is a monopoly, has to be regulated.

we have to agree to disagree. there is no magic green power here. you can't get it no matter how much you pay. there is only the power produced by dominion. that's it. that's all of it.

i can have whoever i want send me the bill - they still have to pay dominion for the production and transmission lines. those rates are set by government.

MLM's don't lower any costs of electricity, they charge more, then say, you can make your money back and more by recruiting your neighbors.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

sorry, i can't post the link because we aren't allowed to sa e n e r g y - but its there, on the site this thread is about -

****** can be created through limited natural resources such as coal and oil, or through renewable sources such as wind and water. When Independence ****** sources ****** to supply you, we buy Renewable ****** Certificates (RECs) representing megawatt-hours (MWh) of renewable electricity produced. For our completely green product, we buy more RECs. Buying RECs increases the demand for, and therefore the market for, renewable ******.

Quote:
Renewable ****** Certificates (RECs), also known as Green tags, Renewable ****** Credits, Renewable Electricity Certificates, or Tradable Renewable Certificates (TRCs), are tradable, non-tangible ****** commodities in the United States that represent proof that 1 megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity was generated from an eligible renewable ****** resource (renewable electricity). Solar Renewable ****** Certificates (SRECs) are RECs that are specifically generated by solar ******.
These certificates can be sold and traded or bartered, and the owner of the REC can claim to have purchased renewable ******. According to the U.S. Department of ******'s Green Power Network,[1] RECs represent the environmental attributes of the power produced from renewable ****** projects and are sold separately from commodity electricity. While traditional carbon emissions trading programs promote low-carbon technologies by increasing the cost of emitting carbon, RECs can incentivize carbon-neutral renewable ****** by providing a production subsidy to electricity generated from renewable sources. It is important to understand that the ****** associated with a REC is sold separately and is used by another party. The consumer of a REC receives only a certificate.
In states that have a REC program, a green ****** provider (such as a wind farm) is credited with one REC for every 1,000 kWh or 1 MWh of electricity it produces (for reference, an average residential customer consumes about 800 kWh in a month). A certifying agency gives each REC a unique identification number to make sure it doesn't get double-counted. The green ****** is then fed into the electrical grid (by mandate), and the accompanying REC can then be sold on the open market.
Once in the grid, renewable ****** is impossible to separate from the conventionally generated ******. This makes purchasing of a REC equal to purchasing a claim, that the REC owner consumed ****** from the renewable portion of the whole ****** in the grid. Therefore REC purchase does not affect how much renewable ****** was actually generated - only how it was distributed.

it was probably one of those MLM's that made compalints about us messing up their business that is the reason we can't say e n e r g y.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
there is no deregulation planned here. power from the electric grid is a monopoly, has to be regulated.

we have to agree to disagree. there is no magic green power here. you can't get it no matter how much you pay. there is only the power produced by dominion. that's it. that's all of it.
Nobody is saying you have deregulation where you live. But in areas that are deregulated consumers can choose a new provider who will buy power from their wholesale supplier, including green nergy if they choose. (Why do you think almost every provider has a green option?) You don't seem to understand that. And they can also choose an MLM provider like Ig-nite or Independence and save money (not pay more) because the vast majority of new providers, MLM or not, charge less than the old utility. That is kind of the point of being a new provider is to charge less and build a customer base.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

i think i remember that dominion offers these green certificates too.. sounds like they are like carbon credits, but i don't know how they have any value. the value of carbon credits was that companies would have to buy them, or shut down the plant.