report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Newbie Member

Re: MacBook Pro!!! NT

I've looked for an answer all over but haven't really seemed to find one regarding my question with onlingo. I did onlingo twice, the first one has yet to clear but the second one i did cleared instantly, anyone else have this happen or have onlingo take a couple of days to get credit for?

also, if anyone can explain the notary process to me i'd appreciate it, i'm clueless on what exactly that is

Old 02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncsmac
I've looked for an answer all over but haven't really seemed to find one regarding my question with onlingo. I did onlingo twice, the first one has yet to clear but the second one i did cleared instantly, anyone else have this happen or have onlingo take a couple of days to get credit for?

also, if anyone can explain the notary process to me i'd appreciate it, i'm clueless on what exactly that is

Most places offer free notary service at their bank. You go there, show an id, she proves its you. And stamps it. It makes an impression in the paper, that only she can make.

Onlingo from what I read and experienced usually credits instantly. You won't get a manual credit for the 2nd time. So don't try or they may DQ you.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Rusty

Quote:

Why did you do Onlingo 3 times? For the same offer? If you get audited, they'll only count 1.

Last edited by bobbyapples : 02-08-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyapples
Why did you do Onlingo 3 times? For the same offer? If you get audited, they'll only count 1.
only did onlingo twice, from what I had read you could do two different languages and receive credit for both. I've been watching the 3rd page to see if any other offers show up that'll go through quick (im an impatient person.)

Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

I did onlingo 2 times. because People PC didn't credit, and I thought if I got audited, I would only claim, and push a manual credit on people pc. Because I took screen shots of everything!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Rusty

Quote:
only did onlingo twice, from what I had read you could do two different languages and receive credit for both. I've been watching the 3rd page to see if any other offers show up that'll go through quick (im an impatient person.)

I didn't know about the two language thing. Does that count for Advantage, too?

Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

i got audited and did onlingo twice...but they both were instant credit

Old 02-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks to everyone posting information here. I singed up for a couple of offers that I can't seem to find much cancellation info on (which means I probably shouldn't have done them). for diet.com (yes I knew I was going to eat $20), all I can find are email address, but no phone number of anything about canceling. Does anyone have any help? I also did the Scholastic Phonics and Scholastic Dr. Seuss and all that says is to return them. Is there any phone number or is that all I do. Thanks again for being such a wonderful service.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgDoofy
Thanks to everyone posting information here. I singed up for a couple of offers that I can't seem to find much cancellation info on (which means I probably shouldn't have done them). for diet.com (yes I knew I was going to eat $20), all I can find are email address, but no phone number of anything about canceling. Does anyone have any help? I also did the Scholastic Phonics and Scholastic Dr. Seuss and all that says is to return them. Is there any phone number or is that all I do. Thanks again for being such a wonderful service.

Hey, I did Columbia House, and their return policy was similarly obscure. But when I called, they said to just return the package with a note that said CANCEL ACCOUNT in it. They're very shady.

I had proof of return delivery, they still said they didn't get it - then changed their tune when I gave a tracking #.

I don't know what people have done with refusing shipment, but I paid to mail mine back because I wanted to have proof of delivery.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I think I just had an epiphany here .... question ... when all of the people on the board have been talking about getting audited for "repeating offers" have they always meant they were getting DQ'd for repeating offers on the same site? ie, doing video professor twice on computer-offer.com, or something like that?

I've always taken it as people "repeating offers" from site to site, for different gifts, ie, doing computer-offer and doing Onlingo and also doing finance-offer and doing Onlingo and getting your wrist slapped for that.

Which do you all mean? I can totally understand getting DQ'd for doing the same offer for the same gift. However, the gifts are pretty much the same across all sites, so you kinda have to repeat some if you're going for two different prizes.

Somebody please clarify for me.
Tx

Old 02-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedex08
i got audited and did onlingo twice...but they both were instant credit

What did they do when you were audited? Did they count them both times?

Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpsnest
I think I just had an epiphany here .... question ... when all of the people on the board have been talking about getting audited for "repeating offers" have they always meant they were getting DQ'd for repeating offers on the same site? ie, doing video professor twice on computer-offer.com, or something like that?

I've always taken it as people "repeating offers" from site to site, for different gifts, ie, doing computer-offer and doing Onlingo and also doing finance-offer and doing Onlingo and getting your wrist slapped for that.

Which do you all mean? I can totally understand getting DQ'd for doing the same offer for the same gift. However, the gifts are pretty much the same across all sites, so you kinda have to repeat some if you're going for two different prizes.

Somebody please clarify for me.
Tx
You can do offers that are the same as long as they are on different sites. I called CS and asked this. If they are different sites, you can redo them. If they are the same your not supposed to. And the CS person also said that it may not credit you or allow you to with the same email address, so change it up a little. he didn't tell me to change it up, that is just common sense.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Silver Member

How long has it been taking everyone to get there gift once the voucher has been processed?

Old 02-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin860
You can do offers that are the same as long as they are on different sites. I called CS and asked this. If they are different sites, you can redo them. If they are the same your not supposed to. And the CS person also said that it may not credit you or allow you to with the same email address, so change it up a little. he didn't tell me to change it up, that is just common sense.
oh my god, i DID just have the epiphany I spoke of ... it never dawned on me that people would be, well, um, dumb (?) enough to redo an offer on the same site and then wonder why they got DQ'd. Never in a million years would I think of doing something twice on the same site.

Wow, it's all so clear to me now .... I am the lemon merchant & you are the keeper of the cheese.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

its real and its spectacular...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3305/img0380ix6.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9773/img0382bb6.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/227/img0383da4.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3467/img0384il0.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7618/img0385te4.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3172/img0386gm9.jpg

rough timeline
started about a month ago
took 2 days to complete offers
1 week to verify
1 week to receive voucher
2 weeks to receive macbook
total cost = $40

Old 02-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Now I am excited about getting my mac, I have to ask. Has anyone upgraged the memory in their mac? Is it one chip or 2? I want to add 1gb of memory, but want to make sure I order the right stuff. And have an authorized center install it.

The MBP that they're sending have 1 gig ram module installed in 1 dimm slot. You can upgrade to 3 gigs. They sell the ram modules in 512, 1g, or 2g.

The ram module type:
PC-5300 DDR2 667MHz SO-DIMM 200 Pin

Macbook Pro info
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

Complete Macbook Pro specs
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

Reputable aftermarket memory at OWC (there are others...but I always use these guys...great CS)
http://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Upgr...=Show+Upgrades

Another reputable aftermarket memory supplier
http://www.crucial.com

Apple wants $300 for a 1gig ram module!!! :eek: But if you insist on buying it there...go ahead.

HTH

edited: you should be able to install the memory module yourself with no problems...the instructions should be in the user guide that came with the computer. Just make sure you're grounded when you do it! It will require a phillips..#0 or #00 screwdriver.

Last edited by boges : 02-09-2007 at 05:22 AM. Reason: edited for self memory install

Old 02-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boges
The MBP that they're sending have 1 gig ram module installed in 1 dimm slot. You can upgrade to 3 gigs. They sell the ram modules in 512, 1g, or 2g.

The ram module type:
PC-5300 DDR2 667MHz SO-DIMM 200 Pin

Macbook Pro info
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

Complete Macbook Pro specs
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

Reputable aftermarket memory at OWC (there are others...but I always use these guys...great CS)
http://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Upgr...=Show+Upgrades

Another reputable aftermarket memory supplier
http://www.crucial.com

Apple wants $300 for a 1gig ram module!!! :eek: But if you insist on buying it there...go ahead.

HTH

edited: you should be able to install the memory module yourself with no problems...the instructions should be in the user guide that came with the computer. Just make sure you're grounded when you do it! It will require a phillips..#0 or #00 screwdriver.

But will this void the warranty?

Be aware the keyboard cable is short,a nd when you open up the laptop, it will come un connected, and you may not be able to get it back together. Its often too short to do with hands. Then you will have to pay to get it in. I called today $25 install fee with my ram.
New egg.com cost is 115 I believe for a 1 gb chip.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
But will this void the warranty?
Installing your own RAM will not void the warranty...thus the reason that Apple provides you with the instructions to do it yourself. It's about a 10-15 minute job.

However....if you damage any other part of the computer when doing the installation..it will not be covered under their limited warranty. See page 34 of the apple tech manual.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Mac...chOverview.pdf

I can see why some would not want to mess with this...and $25 for install is cheap. Take it.

I've got 7 macs in my house. I'm just really used to doing this stuff myself. I couldn't afford the upkeep if I didn't. :)

Old 02-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Newbie Member

I do believe I've gone way OT with my above posts... :o :o Sorry.

Stats for me:

I went into fulfillment on Tuesday...2/6. Waiting waiting.....

Old 02-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Soylent Green is people!

Quote:
oh my god, i DID just have the epiphany I spoke of ... it never dawned on me that people would be, well, um, dumb (?) enough to redo an offer on the same site and then wonder why they got DQ'd. Never in a million years would I think of doing something twice on the same site.

Wow, it's all so clear to me now .... I am the lemon merchant & you are the keeper of the cheese.
You normally can't repeat an offer on the same gift, anyway, even if you wanted to, because it disapears once it completes (but there are exceptions).

And you can't repeat offers on the same site (e.g. two different mypremiumrewards.com gifts) because NT does not allow the same person to repeat sites, regardless of what offers he/she does.

When we talk about repeating offers it's the same _person_ or even the same household doing the offer again on an NT site. I know of one person who repeated offers across different sites (not just gifts) and was caught doing it by NT and DQ'ed. Different reps at NT say different things, but what matters is what the fulfillment people think about it.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Newbie Member

Can anyone verify successfully getting a macbook pro from http://www.electronics-rewardpath.co...2696-002860000

-Scott-

Old 02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

1) I am definitly not dumb, as I am a rhodes scholar
2) I didnt get DQ'd even though I got audited
I did one spanish, one Italian.
YMMV, as this was what I encounterd...thank you very much

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
Can anyone verify successfully getting a macbook pro from http://www.electronics-rewardpath.co...2696-002860000

-Scott-

I couldn't find this one anywhere. just one for computer-offer and online reward center.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaneos
You normally can't repeat an offer on the same gift, anyway, even if you wanted to, because it disapears once it completes (but there are exceptions).

And you can't repeat offers on the same site (e.g. two different mypremiumrewards.com gifts) because NT does not allow the same person to repeat sites, regardless of what offers he/she does.

When we talk about repeating offers it's the same _person_ or even the same household doing the offer again on an NT site. I know of one person who repeated offers across different sites (not just gifts) and was caught doing it by NT and DQ'ed. Different reps at NT say different things, but what matters is what the fulfillment people think about it.
When I talk "offers" I mean the sponsor offers and when I say "sites" I mean the different NT sites. You're saying that you know somebody who was DQ'd for doing the same offers (ie, onlingo, advantage, etc.) on different sites for different gifts?

Oh, and on NT sites, I've never had an offer disappear once I've done it, my page three stays the same, give or take an offer or two via refreshing, but they always come back. And, if I've got blockbuster on page three and I do it, it'll stay there & also, possibly, be available on another page too.

Last edited by chimpsnest : 02-09-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Silver Member

I think NT stopped removing completed offers from the offer pages to offer an excuse to disqualify people by letting them think they could get away with doing the same offer more than once on the same gift/site. I don't know for sure if it has happened, but I bet it will.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Newbie Member

Sorry the full link is:

http://www.electronics-rewardpath.com/rd_p?p=
135203&t=3152&gift=22696&a=22696-002860000

-Scott-

Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Newbie Member

has anyone experienced onlingo 2 taking a few days or more to credit? it seems most people get an instant credit for this

Old 02-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Newbie Member

Quick question regarding Vonage and sunrocket. Do I need to activate these services to get credited? Its been over 10 days since I completed these offers yet no credit. the rest of my offers have all been credited just waiting on these two.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
has anyone experienced onlingo 2 taking a few days or more to credit? it seems most people get an instant credit for this
Yeah seems like NT is delaying credits. I have the same issue with Sunrocket and vonage. Seems everyone had those credited in a few days and I am waiting on just those 2 to credit....darn!

Wait for a few days more and see what happens. I think its not necessarily the same experience for everyone regarding when they get credited for an offer..
just my 2 cents..

good luck!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

THE TRUTH on NT offers

Here is the real deal on NT in the new year!

1. Any link can work to find the offer, the offer is tied to the page AFTER the landing page where you post your personal info: so you can use these link and complete personal info under yourself to get the offer...

2. The links posted here have the keyword used to find the offer attached to the end...you consistently post that you have to Google the offer yourself to get credit, simply not true...and please don't lie about calling them as we know the fulfillment people ourselves...AND the right answers

3. Any link followed captures the requirements the day you start the offers, NOT the day it is completed, so if you start doing the laptop at a 18 and when you go back its anything else, your locked into the 18...no worries

4. They audit people based upon their new tracking system, NOT random and it can target the same person numerous times

5. They monitor this site

ok thats the real deal enjoy and stop giving wrong information- these guys do well and will keep going strong, it is fair play for us to get offers fulfilled so everyone have fun, get a laptop plasma tv or whatever and enjoy!!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Newbie Member

Hello everybody. I am about to start completing offers for the MacBook Pro. I have been told to start on the third page of offers and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any offers that seemed easier and/or cheaper. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Newbie Member

my recommendations:

1. blockbuster (easy and cheap)
2. sunrocket (i did the 199 offer because you'll get a full refund when you cancel, easy to cancel and they credit you back before they even received the package back. nice customer service when i called. you can choose to do the lesser expensive plans but you won't get a full refund.)
3. active periodicals (simply e-mail them to cancel your subscription. i received a 49 dollar refund which is what i paid to sign up.)
4. columbia house (i haven't received the package yet but i'll do a return to sender to get credit back. you can always actually go with the plan and you'll be getting about 10 DVDs for a little over 100 dollars. not a bad deal.)
5. video professor (just make sure you cancel during the trial period.)
6. people pc (cheap. i received credit in about 1 day. easy to cancel as long as you can handle being put on hold for about 10-20 minutes. some people had a hard time getting credit though. ymmv.)
7. onlingo (cheap and easy to cancel. like video professor, make sure you cancel before the trial period.)
8. advantage (just like the rest of the language offers, cancel before trial is over.)

i had pitney bowes which was easy to do but it's been taken off. the offers that i chose to do were based off reading the forum from beginning to end (research!) to make sure i picked the best offers to do in terms of pricing and quickness. i really can't recommend that 9th offer you should do but from the choices that are left, i'd probably go with sirius. AVOID diet.com. i've read nothing but bad things about cancelling.

Last edited by analogpoliceclub : 02-09-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdog

2. The links posted here have the keyword used to find the offer attached to the end...you consistently post that you have to Google the offer yourself to get credit, simply not true...and please don't lie about calling them as we know the fulfillment people ourselves...AND the right answers
Does this mean that whatever link thats up is good? You dont have to find it on google? Please explain

Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Soylent Green is people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedex08
Does this mean that whatever link thats up is good? You dont have to find it on google? Please explain
The google thing is just a safeguard to make sure it is a currently advertised gift. NT reps will tell you to look in Google for advertised links to make sure it's valid. The previous poster is right, that a link that contains the search terms is probably from Google (for example the wedding gift on apparel-offer posted elsewhere on this forum).

Around this time last year, a bunch of people started engineering their own NT links using gift ID #'s ( a lot of those links are still posted in threads on scam.com). Well, NT caught on and DQ'ed some people based on manufactured links. I think that's when they started saying to look in Google, and some reps have said it _has_ to be currently/recently advertised in google (depending on the rep you ask and what he had for lunch that day).

If you find a posted link that is not recent, I'd try searching google for it just to make sure.

I know someone was DQ'ed by NT last year for using an old link that was not advertised in the recent past, but I don't remember who or where. I was DQ'ed by YDF for using a link that was very old. Another company also has a policy of only allowing links from emails and if they catch you using a link posted on a forum they will cancel any and all of your accounts. I think these gift companies are just slowly wising up to the fact that these forums are responsible for too many gift payouts.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Newbie Member

hmm, so has anyone had onlingo not be an instance credit?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

Re: THE TRUTH on NT offers

Quote:

1. Any link can work to find the offer, the offer is tied to the page AFTER the landing page where you post your personal info: so you can use these link and complete personal info under yourself to get the offer...

3. Any link followed captures the requirements the day you start the offers, NOT the day it is completed, so if you start doing the laptop at a 18 and when you go back its anything else, your locked into the 18...no worries

4. They audit people based upon their new tracking system, NOT random and it can target the same person numerous times

ok thats the real deal enjoy and stop giving wrong information- these guys do well and will keep going strong, it is fair play for us to get offers fulfilled so everyone have fun, get a laptop plasma tv or whatever and enjoy!!
Your a lying douche bag trying to get people to be DQ'ed. I did talk to CS people and they told me you must google to find the offer to find out if it is valid.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaneos
The google thing is just a safeguard to make sure it is a currently advertised gift. NT reps will tell you to look in Google for advertised links to make sure it's valid. The previous poster is right, that a link that contains the search terms is probably from Google (for example the wedding gift on apparel-offer posted elsewhere on this forum).

Around this time last year, a bunch of people started engineering their own NT links using gift ID #'s ( a lot of those links are still posted in threads on scam.com). Well, NT caught on and DQ'ed some people based on manufactured links. I think that's when they started saying to look in Google, and some reps have said it _has_ to be currently/recently advertised in google (depending on the rep you ask and what he had for lunch that day).

If you find a posted link that is not recent, I'd try searching google for it just to make sure.

I know someone was DQ'ed by NT last year for using an old link that was not advertised in the recent past, but I don't remember who or where. I was DQ'ed by YDF for using a link that was very old. Another company also has a policy of only allowing links from emails and if they catch you using a link posted on a forum they will cancel any and all of your accounts. I think these gift companies are just slowly wising up to the fact that these forums are responsible for too many gift payouts.
What is YDF?

How do you think these forums cause too many gift pay outs?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Silver Member

Re: THE TRUTH on NT offers

Quote:

And how would you know that they monitor the site? Do you work for them?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw
Sorry the full link is:

http://www.electronics-rewardpath.com/rd_p?p=
135203&t=3152&gift=22696&a=22696-002860000

-Scott-

Google this link yourself to make sure its still valid! Unless there is agreat chance its not, and you will be DQ'd.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Bronze Member

Has anyone been able to find that link on google? If so, what did you search for?