report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Insurance Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Calling All Disgruntled Altig Employees

Hello everyone, my name is Richard Zayshley and I work with Kathy Tomlinson, a CTV National News reporter. Kathy appears on air once a week with the 'Whistleblower' Report.

We are looking for former or current employees of ALTIG/AIL from Canada or the US who are willing to appear on television to talk about their experience with the company.

email us at whistleblower@ctv.ca if this sounds like you, or if you prefer. contact me via scam.com for more information.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Calling All Disgruntled Altig Employees

Had this forwarded to me by a friend that works for this company. Found it a little interesting that such a horrible company was rated the 33rd best company to work for right now in the US.

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/HotJobs100

Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by factfinder25 View Post
Had this forwarded to me by a friend that works for this company. Found it a little interesting that such a horrible company was rated the 33rd best company to work for right now in the US.

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/HotJobs100
Two points
1. that list is based primarily on the number of job postings on hotjobs. The more posting the higher the ranking.
2. You indicated in an earlier post that you have never worked for Altig but had a "friend" who did. Now you have a "friend" who forwarded this hotjobs information to you and you have posted it to 5 different threads regarding American Income/Altig.
Found it a little interesting that you have taken such an interest in defending a company that you claim you don't even work for.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Newbie Member

American Income Life Insurance

I posted about Liberty the other day, and I got the same sort of email from American Income Life Insurance. These outfits thrive on conning people into commission sales work that never pans out the way they claim it should. Be on the lookout should you get an email from this outfit.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Newbie Member

Re: American Income Life Insurance

I've gotten emails from them, too, as well as from Liberty. I've never bothered to respond, since I have no interest in sellling life insurance. Thanks for the info on these two organizations !

Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzayshle View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Richard Zayshley and I work with Kathy Tomlinson, a CTV National News reporter. Kathy appears on air once a week with the 'Whistleblower' Report.

We are looking for former or current employees of ALTIG/AIL from Canada or the US who are willing to appear on television to talk about their experience with the company.

email us at whistleblower@ctv.ca if this sounds like you, or if you prefer. contact me via scam.com for more information.
Whatever Happened to this "whistleblower report"?

Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimonial

It's about time that American Income is known to the public for what they really are - scam artists. And they have "American" in their name which makes it even more pathetic.

If you don't know who Simon Arias is you should know he is the State General Agent for the Pittsburgh Area - he is the King of the territory.

If you want to see a photo of him, then type his name in to google, on the toolbar select IMAGES, then look at the 4th picture in.

Yes, that's right. That's him and all of the other managers at AIL giving you the finger. Tommy Vena (2nd in charge) is there, Chris Williams (company trainer), Justin Adams (also a tie for second in charge).

Now, could you imagine Bill and Melinda Gates and all the folks at Microsoft dressing up, and posing for a photo like this?
What about Warren Buffet? The Clintons, or Reagans? These people running AIL have no integrity.

I just want to touch on one of the MANY scams that you will encounter as an agent, and as a prospect. The Freedom of Choice gimmick. The agents are trained to tell you, "On your families worst day you take this certificate to the funeral home and just have the funeral director call the 800 number and all checks and moneys at distributed accordingly. Why is that good, Mr. Prospect? Because if one were to go in there and advertise that $30,000 - how much do you think the funeral director is going to charge your family? More or less? More! Right! So, wouldn't you like to be celebrating your loved one's life rather than dealing the all of the financial issues involved with death? If you're anything like me, of course you would!"

The truth: Freedom of Choice "Certificate" is just a piece of paper. You could walk in there without it, negotiate the best price, then give them a scrap of paper with the 800 number written on it and that would suffice. Oh, and the company makes the Freedom of Choice Certificate look official by having the agent SIGN IT. hahaha it's not a legal document! What a facade. But there is an even more sinister lie: notice the agent will tell you that you walk in, hand them the freedom of choice after negotiating the best price and walk out? Uhm, well, what about proof of death documents? Those still need to handled. So there is just as much paperwork as with any other company.

I challenge someone from American Income on here to go on record, first name and last, and tell everyone that the Freedom of Choice is nothing more than a marking ploy. Tell us why one could NOT go in the funeral home without one accomplish the same thing. You can't.

BTW, American Income hates this message board. The truth hurts (their bottom line). They have a dedicated team of people (interns) post "good" experiences on here so sway the balance in the other direction.

Good times.

-Morris Turner (former AIL agent)

Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Newbie Member

Re: American Income Insurance (AIL) Scam - Testimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morristurner View Post
It's about time that American Income is known to the public for what they really are - scam artists. And they have "American" in their name which makes it even more pathetic.

If you don't know who Simon Arias is you should know he is the State General Agent for the Pittsburgh Area - he is the King of the territory.

If you want to see a photo of him, then type his name in to google, on the toolbar select IMAGES, then look at the 4th picture in.

Yes, that's right. That's him and all of the other managers at AIL giving you the finger. Tommy Vena (2nd in charge) is there, Chris Williams (company trainer), Justin Adams (also a tie for second in charge).

Now, could you imagine Bill and Melinda Gates and all the folks at Microsoft dressing up, and posing for a photo like this?
What about Warren Buffet? The Clintons, or Reagans? These people running AIL have no integrity.

I just want to touch on one of the MANY scams that you will encounter as an agent, and as a prospect. The Freedom of Choice gimmick. The agents are trained to tell you, "On your families worst day you take this certificate to the funeral home and just have the funeral director call the 800 number and all checks and moneys at distributed accordingly. Why is that good, Mr. Prospect? Because if one were to go in there and advertise that $30,000 - how much do you think the funeral director is going to charge your family? More or less? More! Right! So, wouldn't you like to be celebrating your loved one's life rather than dealing the all of the financial issues involved with death? If you're anything like me, of course you would!"

The truth: Freedom of Choice "Certificate" is just a piece of paper. You could walk in there without it, negotiate the best price, then give them a scrap of paper with the 800 number written on it and that would suffice. Oh, and the company makes the Freedom of Choice Certificate look official by having the agent SIGN IT. hahaha it's not a legal document! What a facade. But there is an even more sinister lie: notice the agent will tell you that you walk in, hand them the freedom of choice after negotiating the best price and walk out? Uhm, well, what about proof of death documents? Those still need to handled. So there is just as much paperwork as with any other company.

I challenge someone from American Income on here to go on record, first name and last, and tell everyone that the Freedom of Choice is nothing more than a marking ploy. Tell us why one could NOT go in the funeral home without one accomplish the same thing. You can't.

BTW, American Income hates this message board. The truth hurts (their bottom line). They have a dedicated team of people (interns) post "good" experiences on here so sway the balance in the other direction.

Good times.

-Morris Turner (former AIL agent)
Just goes to show you that the company has no respect for its clients or agents. no class!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

So your calling American Income Life a scam because you don't like the SGA, and MGA's photo??!!!
And this company is a scam because they use a piece of paper and called it "Freedom of Choice"?
I'm assuming you must have sucked your first week and called it a day. Quit, after all your investments and didn't even stick around long enough to get paid.

This company has been around before you we're even born, and has helped countless individuals/ families by paying out policies on time. Please talk to actual policy holders that recieved their claims and ask them if this "useless" piece of paper (Freedom of Choice) really worked. Yes, some didn't need the Freedom of Choice to process their claims, some forgot how it works (that's why we do policy service), but the bottom line is this...they got their money. How is it a scam?!

You might not like the verbage, your training, or even your trainer, but that doesn't make this company a scam. If you didn't like the way they explained things, you could've came up with your own version, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you didn't like the Freedom of Choice form, don't use it or if you didn't like it at all don't sell it. Sell the other products.

Sorry it didn't work out for, it's not for everybody. You need mental toughness for this business. Drive and belief. Good Luck.

Jacqueline Mitchell
Supervising Agent

Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTKM View Post
So your calling American Income Life a scam because you don't like the SGA, and MGA's photo??!!!
And this company is a scam because they use a piece of paper and called it "Freedom of Choice"?
I'm assuming you must have sucked your first week and called it a day. Quit, after all your investments and didn't even stick around long enough to get paid.

This company has been around before you we're even born, and has helped countless individuals/ families by paying out policies on time. Please talk to actual policy holders that recieved their claims and ask them if this "useless" piece of paper (Freedom of Choice) really worked. Yes, some didn't need the Freedom of Choice to process their claims, some forgot how it works (that's why we do policy service), but the bottom line is this...they got their money. How is it a scam?!

You might not like the verbage, your training, or even your trainer, but that doesn't make this company a scam. If you didn't like the way they explained things, you could've came up with your own version, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you didn't like the Freedom of Choice form, don't use it or if you didn't like it at all don't sell it. Sell the other products.

Sorry it didn't work out for, it's not for everybody. You need mental toughness for this business. Drive and belief. Good Luck.

Jacqueline Mitchell
Supervising Agent
As you are a supervising agent Jacqueline, I will assume you have been at AIL for about 5 minutes.

The product is fine if a little expensive.

The scam discussed on this forum is the hiring procedure AIL uses. They tell all you noobies that you will make a six figure income and retire in 10 years on the residuals, all the while knowing that 95% of you will not even last a year and that only 2% of the agents and managers will ever make a six figure income!
Their entire business model is designed to hire as many agents as possible, have them write a few dozen policies and then quit allowing AIL and the SGA to collect all the residuals for the life of the policy.
I was at AIL for years, as an agent, MGA and RGA and a ashamed that part of my job was to hoodwink unsuspecting people like yourself.
I expect that you will not believe what I am saying, and give me some response calling me a looser, lazy or some other derogatory name which is what most pro-AILers do at this stage!
Just look around your office... people who make six figure incomes drive luxury cars and wear high end suits and clothes. They own nice houses and condo's and go on great vacations. They also tend to stay with their company for many years.

How many of your fellow agents and managers fit this description?
I suspect few if any. Ask your self why.
Good Luck!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerick View Post
Whatever Happened to this "whistleblower report"?
It seems that all the other AIL sites have been Taken down! Anybody know why??

Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseracefan View Post
I've gotten emails from them, too, as well as from Liberty. I've never bothered to respond, since I have no interest in sellling life insurance. Thanks for the info on these two organizations !
You are welcome!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Newbie Member

What happened to the really long thread about AIL that dated back to 2005 or 2006? We were just posting on it. I believe my last post was like the 3rd or 4th of this month. Any idea?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Je suis un travesti executif

Quote:
Originally Posted by formeraillouisianaagent View Post
What happened to the really long thread about AIL that dated back to 2005 or 2006? We were just posting on it. I believe my last post was like the 3rd or 4th of this month. Any idea?
Do you have another account on this site? It's just showing that you only have one post. This one.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

There are these 2 other threads here about AIL:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=128966

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=120406

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 02-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
They are asking about the 'American Income Life is a Scam' thread that had over 850K views, and has been here for years. It has gone missing, just like the 'Bankers Life is a Scam ' thread did, about this time last year.

If anyone saved the' AIL is a Scam' pages to their computer, you could 'rebuild' the thread.

We never found what happened.

Information, it seems, is a powerful tool.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Newbie Member

Looks like all those nights up until 4 am in your mothers basement doing your best to stop AIL was just a huge waste of time. Most of us already knew that, but now theres no denying it. Maybe if you work really hard you can waste the next five years of your life telling stories about how the CEO of American income said something unethical to you in 2003.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM

Looks like the thread is indeed gone.

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself."

Last edited by walksthedogs : 03-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.