report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is HNE reality a scam?

I got on hnreality.com and filled out an application for giggles, for my husband to be on Hells Kitchen. Well, we never heard anything, and just laughed it off. Just about two months later, he receives an email from Luke James from HNR that he needed to get in contact with him. So my husband gets in touch with him and they talk for about an hour about my husbands demeanor and personality, and asks for 6 pictures. 3 body and 3 head shots. We get that taken care of. Then he recieves a call stating that he is a very high candidate for upcoming casting! This agent Luke James said that he would need to get a profile together and that would cost us $315.00. Within 24 hours a director by the name of Derek Rogers was going to call and discuss further details. Now. Of coarse we are excited. BUT...I AM SCARED to death that its a scam. I would think that a website like that would be shut down if it were...

I'm just curious... Does anyone know anything about this?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Is HNE reality a scam?

http://www.hnereality.com/

my guess - don't pay. this sounds like some wanna be agent. if 1000 people send him $315, that's $315,000. not bad for doing nothing, eh?

i live on east coast. if they said, fly to LA for casting call, i can't afford it. can you afford to take off work and go on casting calls?

Last edited by mumbles : 10-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

They are actually well known is the reality TV community. Agencies like Twins Talent who who cast for shows like Hells Kitchen use these guys exclusively for their non scripted programming needs. They receive rather large placement fees for everyone of their clients that is selected for a show, and from my understanding have an obligation to the production houses they work for to hand deliver the best talent out there. So, I think your husband is in good hands.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

They have a boat load of clients on reality shows. I saw an interview with the Coach guy on this seasons Survivor. HNE Reality is who he went through. Think about it! They wouldnt be in business for as long as they have been if they weren't legit. And they certainly wouldn't have ties to all the networks.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Fact 1: Most people who want to get on reality tv nowadays go through an agency of this type.

Reality TV has taken the TV industry by storm. There is a ton of money to be made for you average joe.

Fact 2: Reality TV is here to stay.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Well , I know first hand they are a really good company.

They do exactly what they say, If you are not willing to pay to use the services then do it on your own.

I guarantee if reality TV is what you want to do then going with them your chances are about 120% higher

Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

using multiple nicknames to try to promote your business here will just get you banned.

Quote:
They receive rather large placement fees for everyone of their clients that is selected for a show

Quote:
They have a boat load of clients on reality shows.

there ya go, if those statements are true then they do not need your $315. if they need the $315, then they are lying about getting many large placement fees.

either way, i don't do business with anybody that lies.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Darlene2h2
KCSunshine
RealitySteve

all posted from the same ip address. this is an attempted fraud against the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

i wouldn't pay these people $3.15.

Quote:
In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g., in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Mumbles is an idiot. He's made close to 11,000 posts on this site. I bet you he has given negative feedback on 99% of all the questions he has answered. Mumbles: Don't call out others for offering their opinions or contributing their knowledge, and especially don't threaten people you loser.