report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Pandaresearch is a SCAM

I recently got invited to join pandaresearch. A friend of mine said oh lookie u can make lots of money . So i registered gave all my important info like addy n name n numbers. Then i took all the surveys it it acumulated like $1555 i had $5 approved n the rest was pending . In small print after i found out it was a scam n after i registered it said that u have to have 5 friends join b4 anything will pass the pending mark. People said they never got past $5 bc u dont get paid until u get at least $100 approved. One person stated they were with panda up to a year n never got anyhting. This is a scam. They say u get paid to take surveys but really they get u to take these surveys then they use ur info to send u junk. Pls help us stop this b4 it goes too far n someone gets financially involved. Bc u also have to open a checking or bank accnt for a pay pal accnt. How messed up is this. :mad:

Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Pandaresearch is a SCAM

I am so sorry for referring you to Panda Research.com. I have had it for two weeks and made 1,170.50 and only have 8.5 approved. I was searching the internet for panda research scam and I read up on it, noone had ever been paid.. it is a scam PLEASE we need to do something to STOP this!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Panda research has never had a very good rep. They are based on "offers" more than surveys. If you want to take surveys there is a legitimate and good list of the survey companies on my website (link is in my profile). You will not find any places like Panda on it! You will NEVER make 1100.00 in two weeks taking surveys but at least you will know the money you DO make you will actually see. Sorry for your bad experience!

Old 08-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you. Now what can we do about it, who can we report them to? There has to be some way to snag them. I will do whatever it takes, but I don't know what to do.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I accually did get paid from panda research. It took a looooooog time but just today I got a paypal payment. It takes at least 45 days for pending offers to approve and it takes 90 days to get paid, but it does pay. I was sooo surprised

Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Panda Research is a Scam...BEWARE!!! I signed up for it and I had over $100 accumulated. I requested a Paypal payment and waited the 45 days like the website said and checked my Paypal account, and of course there was not a payment. I contacted "support" and was then told it takes 90 days as which apparently is "their company policy", which is nowhere on the website. I requested that they should honor the policy that is stated on their website and was told it would still take 90 days.

I waited the 90 days and checked my paypal account ... low and behold sitll no payment. I have since sent 3 emails to these jokers, and have yet to get even an reply to ANY of the emails. If you are waiting for payment, don't hold your breath. If you are thinking of signing up and completing their "surveys" DON'T DO IT! You are basically signing up for junk mail that will clog your inbox. Also, since they are not paying, they are obviously pocketing any and all money they are getting from the companies they have listed on their websites. Don't line their cheating pockets.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiescorner
Panda research has never had a very good rep. They are based on "offers" more than surveys.
Don't forget that they try to cover their offers w/ a page of 5 or 6 questions that they claim is a survey.
It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Seeker of Knowledge

Panda Research is some straight BS. I joined them back in March 2007 and i completed over $300 worth of surveys. It has been over 19 weeks and my "APPROVED" amount has not moved beyond $82.50 in several months. They claim that the companies have not reported that I completed the surveys, but that is not something that the consumer "me" can control.

Also, for some of the surveys that I did complete, I was required to sign up for something that cost money. Some of them were even monthly accounts that you had to sign up for. They gave you a trial period to cancel, but when i called to cancel one of them, I was LITERALLY!!! on hold for two hours and thirty-seven minutes. One company was charging me a monthly fee EVEN THOUGH I CANCELLED IT. It took three months for me to get my money back and only after I had a lawyer-friend call on my behalf.

Last but not least, DO NOT REGISTER WITH YOUR OWN EMAIL ACCOUNT. Since registering with Panda, I am receiving HUNDREDS of spam emails per day. Per DAY!!!

Sorry, Ling-Ling, but FnCK PANDA RESEARCH! :mad:

Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Pandaresearch is a SCAM

If you know how to work the system well, it's possible (supposedly) to actually get money from these people. All the money you get is from being approved for offers that invariably involve you signing up for a 'free trial' that will cost you money if you don't cancel it quickly.

I thought I was smart enough to outwit these guys and did manage to get approved for 116 dollars without anyone getting a cent off me, although that took a lot of calls to people canceling trials. I earned 45 dollars from siging up with vonage but that was a ***** to cancel. They made me receive the modem, and then I made THEM take it back (I refused the package at my door). Take that, vonage!

But anyway, after finally being approved, which people are saying they have trouble with, but I didn't luckily, they promised to pay within 35 days.

35 Days went by, nothing. 45, nothing.

About that time I started pestering them, and they said 90 days, and if you really read the fine print carefully MAYBE it says somethign like that I don't rememebr. But it's been well over 90 days and still ntohing. I saw another poster who said to call them up, and then they'll take care of you, so i did today, and threatened to get teh BBB involved and the guy on the phone said he would pay finally.

We'll see if he pays, but my advice for all you fellow panda research scarred victims - call them at (847) 572-3256 and try working witht hem over the phone. People tend to be more receptive over the phone. Also, for anyone NOT involved with pandaresearch, I would suggest staying away, or at least if you get involved, be careful, open up a new email, and be prepared to deal with unprofessional stuff. Don't sig up with vonage! The blockbuster deal is pretty sweet though...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that I DID get PAID TODAY! Hurrah! It was a long unpleasant experience, but I got my 116 dollars after calling them directly. So once again, if you have time to call companies back to cancel free subscriptions (perhaps if you're home on a Sunday anyway, watching TV, it wouldn't be so bad to have your phone waiting on speakerphone) and you don't mind waiting a very long time for your money, this might just be worth it.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello all. I was scammed by Pandaresearch, and I fully intend on getting them off the web. Please help me, I need you to post your stories and how much they owe you.

Feel free to share your story, but this is not the place to advertise

Last edited by katiescorner : 03-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
You should know when it's real

I had also tried Panda research when I first started off doing surveys. That was way before I found scam.com.
I found that the wanted me to sign up for everything (of course there was usually a credit card involved). I didn't lose too much however. I kept pretty good records of all the trials that I had signed up for, and was able to get out of them before I had to pay. However, I must have missed some of them. I had to call the credit company and tell them to kill my card.
But wait...... There's more........ Not to mention the several hundred spam messages I got in my inbox every day. I still get some of them. Since then I have gotten a seperate e-mail account just for surveys. Much better now.
People, please learn from my mistakes, and stay away from pandaresearch.com

Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

I also signed up with Panda Research when I started doing surveys. Luckily immediately after signing up and logging in, I realized that they are not a paid survey site, but a paid offer site. Also the high payout requirement of $100 is red flag....I canceled my account right away and didn't waste any more time with them.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Panda research has LONG been determined to not be a real survey site..

Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am also registered with Pandaresearch.com, I think it is a great site with many offers and also they are easy to fill. With Pandaresearch i can earn some more money sitting at home. It’s a great site for people who want to work from home and make money. I also received my money as promised...so it’s a website that really pays. I recommend this to all...

Old 10-18-2010, 05:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Actually I did receive a payment from Panda Research. It does take a long time to accumalate the $50.00 that is required for a check to be cut.

This is how it works:

Replied On: 03 Jun 2010 22:02:11
Hi Falicia. Thanks for being a loyal member of Panda Research. Please review the following information, as we hope this will help you in understanding the process.

When a survey is completed, the advertiser will send you a confirmation email or confirmation page, as a survey is considered completed once you have finished “both the Product Evaluation and the Survey” and the sponsor approves it and informs us of the approval, then your account will be updated from “Pending” to “Approved’ status.

Approvals “usually take a minimum of 2 business days, and up to a maximum of 7 business days to get approval from the advertiser “if all the requirements have been completed”.(weekends don’t count as approval days).

By getting “Approved” for a survey, you have completed all the requirements necessary for Panda credit.

Please note that just signing up for a survey does not mean all the requirements have been completed for credit.

Please make sure you have read all the instructions and terms and conditions, because if you don't complete all the requirements for a survey you will not receive credit for that survey.

If you have not received a confirmation email or confirmation page, you may not have completed all the requirements necessary to receive credit. You may want to review those surveys again for completion.

If you feel you have completed a survey and it is not showing as Approved yet, please send us an attachment only of the confirmation email or confirmation page sent by our advertiser to you, so we can go back to the advertiser and ask for approval for Panda credit. If you need assistance is making an attachment, let us know.

Many frequently asked questions are posted on our website. Please visit out FAQ page or simply follow this link. http://www.pandaresearch.com/uc?a=st&pt=faq

For more information, please see the terms and conditions. http://www.pandaresearch.com/uc?a=st&pt=terms
We strongly recommend to review the terms.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

As with any scam or someone advertising something that is not accurate, you can always report them to the Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division for the state that the website is located in and the Federal Trade Commission. You can find this information by googling. These are the government entities that shut down fradulent companies.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It seems they offer a great payout, but it takes so long to get paid and its not the true amount that your suppose to get, its much less. On their website they offer to pay you $3 to $75 per survey you complete. Sounds great! Not for the people who have actually tried this company. They have many, many complaints. Here's one.

http://hubpages.com/hub/PANDA-RESEARCH-SURVEY-SCAM